Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 05:00:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 750ml Colloidal Silver - $29  (Read 26593 times)
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 01:13:33 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2013, 01:35:15 PM by TECSHARE

1. there are plenty of other antibiotics to use. bonus: they actually have rigorous evidence demonstrating their effectiveness.
2. that is not a valid concern when it comes to human use of antibiotics. antibiotic resistance is formed when there are left over bacteria from a antibiotic regiment. this usually occurs when the patient does not finish all their antibiotics, or the antibiotics are used in low dosages in a preventative manner (usually in farms).
3. homeopathy is probably safer than colloidal silver, so are you ok with that too? the problem isn't with colloidal silver's safety. the problem is people wasting time and money on treatments that have not been shown to do anything.
4. antiviral =/= cure/prevent/diagnose any known illness
5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy
6. ad hominem: "you can't trust conventional medicine because they have profits in mind!"
7. how exactly am I acting bureaucratically? I never once asked for FDA or any regulatory approval.

1. As I said before individuals clearly do not have as many choices as you claim if they have problems with allergies. Just because they are ok for YOU doesn't mean everyone else can use them. Who are you without this issue to tell them otherwise? Seems like everyone else pays the cost having a product banned that you have no use for.

2. First of all how antibiotic resistant bacteria are created wasn't in question - it is a FACT they exist regardless of how it is created. That is not the primary mechanism creating resistant bacteria anyways. The primary mechanism is thru food produce production and overuse of antibiotics in animals which often live in unsanitary conditions basically creating a super bug breeding ground. Additionally excessive use of antibacterial soaps and scrubs, especially in hospitals creates especially resistant strains. These are both far larger problems than individuals misusing antibiotics.

3. If a consenting adult is willing to use their own hard earned money buying whatever they want I have no problem with it. It is the responsibility of the individual to make choices that effect them personally, and I reject your notion that a 3rd party is required for everyone like mommy and daddy giving you the ok rather than learning how to make choices for yourself. They make the choices and they pay the price if they are wrong (like adults do).

4. That is FDA regulation (read policy not law).

5. How is the fact that thousands of drugs pass thru FDA approval with RCTs, yet still end up killing or injuring thousands of people in addition to some times being ineffective, implausible? It is fact, there is no debating it. I think you don't really understand 90% of the Wikipedia posts you link, you just pick stuff out of a search engine, don't bother understanding it and mistake it for knowledge. (example: http://anh-europe.org/news/analysis-of-clinical-trials-reveals-that-placebo-content-is-rarely-described  IE if you are testing a diabetes drug and the placebo is a sugar pill it could clearly effect the tests and make your "drug" appear more functional than it is.)

6. I fixed that for you: "You can't trust conventional medicine because they have profits in mind FIRST!"

7. See number 4.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 05:03:43 PM

1. there are plenty of other antibiotics to use. bonus: they actually have rigorous evidence demonstrating their effectiveness.
2. that is not a valid concern when it comes to human use of antibiotics. antibiotic resistance is formed when there are left over bacteria from a antibiotic regiment. this usually occurs when the patient does not finish all their antibiotics, or the antibiotics are used in low dosages in a preventative manner (usually in farms).
3. homeopathy is probably safer than colloidal silver, so are you ok with that too? the problem isn't with colloidal silver's safety. the problem is people wasting time and money on treatments that have not been shown to do anything.
4. antiviral =/= cure/prevent/diagnose any known illness
5. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nirvana_fallacy
6. ad hominem: "you can't trust conventional medicine because they have profits in mind!"
7. how exactly am I acting bureaucratically? I never once asked for FDA or any regulatory approval.

1. As I said before individuals clearly do not have as many choices as you claim if they have problems with allergies. Just because they are ok for YOU doesn't mean everyone else can use them. Who are you without this issue to tell them otherwise? Seems like everyone else pays the cost having a product banned that you have no use for.

2. First of all how antibiotic resistant bacteria are created wasn't in question - it is a FACT they exist regardless of how it is created. That is not the primary mechanism creating resistant bacteria anyways. The primary mechanism is thru food produce production and overuse of antibiotics in animals which often live in unsanitary conditions basically creating a super bug breeding ground. Additionally excessive use of antibacterial soaps and scrubs, especially in hospitals creates especially resistant strains. These are both far larger problems than individuals misusing antibiotics.

3. If a consenting adult is willing to use their own hard earned money buying whatever they want I have no problem with it. It is the responsibility of the individual to make choices that effect them personally, and I reject your notion that a 3rd party is required for everyone like mommy and daddy giving you the ok rather than learning how to make choices for yourself. They make the choices and they pay the price if they are wrong (like adults do).

4. That is FDA regulation (read policy not law).

5. How is the fact that thousands of drugs pass thru FDA approval with RCTs, yet still end up killing or injuring thousands of people in addition to some times being ineffective, implausible? It is fact, there is no debating it. I think you don't really understand 90% of the Wikipedia posts you link, you just pick stuff out of a search engine, don't bother understanding it and mistake it for knowledge. (example: http://anh-europe.org/news/analysis-of-clinical-trials-reveals-that-placebo-content-is-rarely-described  IE if you are testing a diabetes drug and the placebo is a sugar pill it could clearly effect the tests and make your "drug" appear more functional than it is.)

6. I fixed that for you: "You can't trust conventional medicine because they have profits in mind FIRST!"

7. See number 4.

1. So instead of using another antibiotic that is proven to work, you're going to use something that hasn't been proven to work? I see nothing wrong with that logic. Roll Eyes inb4 someone is allergic to all known antibiotics
2. that is, of course under the assumption that colloidal silver actually works
3. appeal to "muh freedums"
4. how is "cure/prevent/diagnose any known illness" related with FDA?
5. your argument is that "drugs that have undergone RCTs still harm people", therefore, RCT system is totally broken and we should never use it. RCTs are not prefect, but if you have something better, I'm all ears.
6. still ad hominem
7. see #4

also, my previous point still stands:
So your logic is: there isn't evidence proving that colloidal silver isn't effective, therefore it's wrong for me to question the effectiveness of colloidal silver in preventing/curing/diagnosing any known disease.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 08:02:32 PM

Do you speak from experience? If not then please keep your "knowledge" to yourself.

Show me a link to one peer reviewed study on the efficacy of Colloidal Silver (which is not debunking it).  It's as useless as homeopathy.

Hmm, let's see how most reviews from medical doctors start:

Code:
Colloidal silver isn't considered safe or effective for any of the health claims manufacturers make. Silver has no known purpose in the body. Nor is it an essential mineral, as some sellers of silver products claim. 

Oh right medical doctors, the ones who receive kickbacks and profit sharing of the drugs they prescribe. The ones who have their prescription pad in hand prior to even seeing you.

I am NOT saying I believe this whatsoever but I damn sure am not taking the word of medical doctors. If there was a natural healing method out there that did work they would be the last to know.
str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 09:36:33 PM

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE???

I DRANK ALMOST THE WHOLE BOTTLE AND DIDN'T DIE OR TURN BLUE!

It had a very electric taste to it and really hit the spot.

Thanks again iCEBREAKER
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 11:16:07 PM

1. So instead of using another antibiotic that is proven to work, you're going to use something that hasn't been proven to work? I see nothing wrong with that logic. Roll Eyes inb4 someone is allergic to all known antibiotics
5. your argument is that "drugs that have undergone RCTs still harm people", therefore, RCT system is totally broken and we should never use it. RCTs are not prefect, but if you have something better, I'm all ears.
6. still ad hominem
7. see #4

So your logic is: there isn't evidence proving that colloidal silver isn't effective, therefore it's wrong for me to question the effectiveness of colloidal silver in preventing/curing/diagnosing any known disease.

Actually your previous point doesn't stand. You have been proven to rely upon assumptions for your arguments with ZERO scientific basis backing your claims.

1. As some one who doesn't have antibiotic allergies it is convenient for you to dismiss this since you pay no price for some one else's bad health.

2. And you of course ASSUME it doesn't without any evidence, only LACK of evidence.

3. If you like being a bootlicking slave that is your prerogative - You don't get to decide where other people's freedoms end no matter how much you would love that.

4. For about the hundredth time, try understanding the words you post... http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRsearch.cfm?fr=101.93

5. All that garbage you just spouted was your personal interpretation as an attempt at marginalization, NOT what I said. RCT's you hold so highly are proven to be flawed SCIENTIFICALLY, therefore not as completely safe and sound as you pretend it is. This is also evidence that profit motive trumps healthcare.

6. So the medical industry harming people for profit has absolutely no logical connection to the way drugs are approved and processed?  Also, the medical industry is not a person, so I am not sure how it could be a personal attack. I didn't say the medical industry smelled funny, I said its primary motivation is MONEY, not healthcare - and that point is clearly tied logically to this discussion regardless of the fact that it goes against your argument.

7. Number 4 is FDA policy - try actually understanding your own words for once before you spew them all over like self affirming vomit.

You are one of the most willfully ignorant, intellectually lazy, and arrogant people I have ever had a "discussion" with (I don't think most of it counts as discussion, you are more like a Neanderthal smacking his own reflection in a pool over and over because he is afraid of the man in the water). You understand very little of the points you copy and paste from the internet, you rely completely upon 3rd parties to form your opinions for you, then you parrot them with zero critical thought or understanding. Why waste time learning or understanding things when correctness and win is just a Google search and a Wikipedia link away?

You lack understanding of even the most basic scientific concepts. The fact that you walk around pretending to have this knowledge and giving advice to people is not only repugnant, it is scarey that someone might believe you actually know what you are talking about. My opinion is you should go back to school to learn how science really works, then if you can manage, you can come back and try to have an actual debate.

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 11:30:55 PM

GUESS WHAT EVERYONE???

I DRANK ALMOST THE WHOLE BOTTLE AND DIDN'T DIE OR TURN BLUE!

It had a very electric taste to it and really hit the spot.

Thanks again iCEBREAKER

you are very welcome str4wm4n!   I'm chuffed to hear from my first satisfied customer.

3 cheers for voluntary exchange facilitated by bitcoin!    Cool

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
grue
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 12:46:41 AM

6. still ad hominem
7. see #4

Actually your previous point doesn't stand. You have been proven to rely upon assumptions for your arguments with ZERO scientific basis backing your claims.
So you're arguing that if there is no rigorous evidence regarding a substance's ability to diagnose/treat/prevent a disease, it should be assumed that it's effective?

1. As some one who doesn't have antibiotic allergies it is convenient for you to dismiss this since you pay no price for some one else's bad health.

2. And you of course ASSUME it doesn't without any evidence, only LACK of evidence.

3. If you like being a bootlicking slave that is your prerogative - You don't get to decide where other people's freedoms end no matter how much you would love that.

4. For about the hundredth time, try understanding the words you post... http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/CFRsearch.cfm?fr=101.93

5. All that garbage you just spouted was your personal interpretation as an attempt at marginalization, NOT what I said. RCT's you hold so highly are proven to be flawed SCIENTIFICALLY, therefore not as completely safe and sound as you pretend it is. This is also evidence that profit motive trumps healthcare.

6. So the medical industry harming people for profit has absolutely no logical connection to the way drugs are approved and processed?  Also, the medical industry is not a person, so I am not sure how it could be a personal attack. I didn't say the medical industry smelled funny, I said its primary motivation is MONEY, not healthcare - and that point is clearly tied logically to this discussion regardless of the fact that it goes against your argument.

7. Number 4 is FDA policy - try actually understanding your own words for once before you spew them all over like self affirming vomit.

You are one of the most willfully ignorant, intellectually lazy, and arrogant people I have ever had a "discussion" with (I don't think most of it counts as discussion, you are more like a Neanderthal smacking his own reflection in a pool over and over because he is afraid of the man in the water). You understand very little of the points you copy and paste from the internet, you rely completely upon 3rd parties to form your opinions for you, then you parrot them with zero critical thought or understanding. Why waste time learning or understanding things when correctness and win is just a Google search and a Wikipedia link away?

You lack understanding of even the most basic scientific concepts. The fact that you walk around pretending to have this knowledge and giving advice to people is not only repugnant, it is scarey that someone might believe you actually know what you are talking about. My opinion is you should go back to school to learn how science really works, then if you can manage, you can come back and try to have an actual debate.
Your logic boils down to: There is weak evidence supporting colloidal silver's effectiveness in curing/preventing a disease. Since there isn't evidence against this, we should use colloidal silver to treat/prevent disease.  Am I correct?

Also,
#1: begging the question (already explained)
#4: Oh, just because FDA used that phrase suddenly means that I'm some sort of regulator? I chose that phrase because it accurately describes my argument. How about I drop the "diagnose" part because no one is claiming colloidal silver can detect a disease. Would that make you happy?
Oh right medical doctors, the ones who receive kickbacks and profit sharing of the drugs they prescribe. The ones who have their prescription pad in hand prior to even seeing you.

I am NOT saying I believe this whatsoever but I damn sure am not taking the word of medical doctors. If there was a natural healing method out there that did work they would be the last to know.
ad hominem.

Nightowlace

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 01:59:47 AM

http://www.oprah.com/health/The-Man-Who-Turned-Blue_1/2
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 02:13:28 AM

This is the one and only argument that opponents of colloidal silver have. He drank a glass a day of improperly prepared "colloidal silver" (actually contained silver salts because he used tap water and sterling silver). A glass a day is hardly use in moderation, even if it was true colloidal silver.
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 27, 2013, 11:54:59 AM

6. still ad hominem
7. see #4

When did the world lose its innocence for you?
grue
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:41:18 AM

This is the one and only argument that opponents of colloidal silver have. He drank a glass a day of improperly prepared "colloidal silver" (actually contained silver salts because he used tap water and sterling silver). A glass a day is hardly use in moderation, even if it was true colloidal silver.
how hard are you strawmaning? You have yet replied to my points.

str4wm4n
Legendary

Activity: 1611

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 04:57:53 AM

I'm strawmaning pretty hard
Noitev

Activity: 812
Merit: 505

The Last NXT Founder

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 06:37:37 AM

I'm strawmaning pretty hard

lel
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 07:16:20 AM

how hard are you strawmaning? You have yet replied to my points.

You claim I say people should use colloidal silver because there are no RCTs, rather my point has always been you are exactly as ignorant as you claim I am for making a conclusion without RCTs. Who is using a strawman? Also please stop using these fallacy arguments until you learn the definitions of them. Your lack of understanding of what they mean is blaring and getting pretty annoying. By the way the fact that he wasn't actually using colloidal silver, but silver salts is not a straw man. I didn't reply because your posts are the same refractory drivel as before.
grue
Legendary

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 01:12:28 PM

You claim I say people should use colloidal silver because there are no RCTs, rather my point has always been you are exactly as ignorant as you claim I am for making a conclusion without RCTs. Who is using a strawman? Also please stop using these fallacy arguments until you learn the definitions of them. Your lack of understanding of what they mean is blaring and getting pretty annoying. By the way the fact that he wasn't actually using colloidal silver, but silver salts is not a straw man. I didn't reply because your posts are the same refractory drivel as before.
I can say the same for you. Blah blah blah big phrama... ramble ramble RCTs.

iCEBREAKER (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2013, 11:57:42 PM

I can say the same for you. Blah blah blah big phrama... ramble ramble RCTs.

You may "say the same for" TECSHARE, but the difference is that he has facts and logic on his side, whereas you have neither.

Do you possess the rudimentary background in biology and basic analytical skills necessary to process this latest demonstration of silver's efficacy?

Silver makes antibiotics thousands of times more effective - http://www.nature.com/news/silver-makes-antibiotics-thousands-of-times-more-effective-1.13232

Collins and his team found that silver — in the form of dissolved ions — attacks bacterial cells in two main ways: it makes the cell membrane more permeable, and it interferes with the cell’s metabolism, leading to the overproduction of reactive, and often toxic, oxygen compounds. Both mechanisms could potentially be harnessed to make today’s antibiotics more effective against resistant bacteria, Collins says.

Many antibiotics are thought to kill their targets by producing reactive oxygen compounds, and Collins and his team showed that when boosted with a small amount of silver these drugs could kill between 10 and 1,000 times as many bacteria. The increased membrane permeability also allows more antibiotics to enter the bacterial cells, which may overwhelm the resistance mechanisms that rely on shuttling the drug back out.

That disruption to the cell membrane also increased the effectiveness of vancomycin, a large-molecule antibiotic, on Gram-negative bacteria — which have a protective outer coating. Gram-negative bacterial cells can often be impenetrable to antibiotics made of larger molecules.

“It’s not so much a silver bullet; more a silver spoon to help the Gram-negative bacteria take their medicine,” says Collins.

Silver Enhances Antibiotic Activity Against Gram-Negative Bacteria
Science Translational Medicine June 2013:Vol. 5, Issue 190
http://stm.sciencemag.org/content/5/190/190ra81

A declining pipeline of clinically useful antibiotics has made it imperative to develop more effective antimicrobial therapies, particularly against difficult-to-treat Gram-negative pathogens. Silver has been used as an antimicrobial since antiquity, yet its mechanism of action remains unclear. We show that silver disrupts multiple bacterial cellular processes, including disulfide bond formation, metabolism, and iron homeostasis. These changes lead to increased production of reactive oxygen species and increased membrane permeability of Gram-negative bacteria that can potentiate the activity of a broad range of antibiotics against Gram-negative bacteria in different metabolic states, as well as restore antibiotic susceptibility to a resistant bacterial strain.

We show both in vitro and in a mouse model of urinary tract infection that the ability of silver to induce oxidative stress can be harnessed to potentiate antibiotic activity. Additionally, we demonstrate in vitro and in two different mouse models of peritonitis that silver sensitizes Gram-negative bacteria to the Gram-positive–specific antibiotic vancomycin, thereby expanding the antibacterial spectrum of this drug. Finally, we used silver and antibiotic combinations in vitro to eradicate bacterial persister cells, and show both in vitro and in a mouse biofilm infection model that silver can enhance antibacterial action against bacteria that produce biofilms. This work shows that silver can be used to enhance the action of existing antibiotics against Gram-negative bacteria, thus strengthening the antibiotic arsenal for fighting bacterial infections.

FYI, a UTI is an internal application.  In case you don't know where the urinary tract is located, and still feel like clinging to the "external use only" fallacy. 

Thanks again for your interest in Sacred Silver, the only colloidal silver product produced exclusively for the Bitcoin community.  Proving your objections have no basis in reality is important to us, and we look forward to further demonstrating/crushing/curing your embarrassing ignorance in the future.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
cointoss

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 30, 2013, 08:29:44 AM

Doh... Someone already beat me to Papa Smurf...  Cry

QQCoin: QQSRP5u9yL7KtDAsGX7XmQ6QxHiA7BCGAv    doge: D8yy1FW5FdkoFCQP1nQeWGKX3ugcbegpJD

BTC: 15ExWcdDN38o852bC2jBEuC5igqp8gdtAK             EAC: eV9qafrM8uGaNzbvLXRCVVXkmmysUv7fud
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]  All
  Print  

Jump to: