Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 04:19:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you see marriage as a business transaction? (Be honest).  (Read 3315 times)
TheGr33k (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 03:24:56 AM

Topic: Do you believe a majority of society sees marriage as more of a business deal, and not really a document proving love?

Question: Why would you get married? Do you think you need a piece of paper proving your love for someone? Do you want equitable distribution of the assets if you ever choose to separate? Are you looking for more cash benefits? Opportunities from the other person? Interested in free food? Perhaps massages? Etc? If you marry someone for nothing but "love", you might be marrying for the correct reasons but if you're marrying for the entitlement and services that come with it, do you think it's justified?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 03:35:53 AM

The government certainly does, and they want their cut. Including their right to own the children. Government involvement in marriage should be abolished. They have no business being involved in it and have only caused the destruction of families by creating financial incentives like no fault divorce, alimony, and all kinds of state assistance for single mothers without a man in the house. The modern marriage laws have become little more than a system to subjugate men into a lifetime of servitude for little to nothing in return. All a woman has to do is poke a hole in a condom to own your earning potential for life.
DaddyMonsi
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1006

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 03:41:00 AM

There's a contract involved and sometimes there's an arrangement that anything that he/she owns prior to marriage will not be counted as conjugal property, anything after marriage is counted as conjugal property. Sounds like a lease contract to me  Grin

I hope there will come a time when marriage contracts will have expiration dates so that it will lessen the number of people filling for divorce and no need to pay for a divorce lawyer, because there's no need, just wait for the expiration date.  Grin
Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 03:53:31 AM

The government certainly does, and they want their cut. Including their right to own the children. Government involvement in marriage should be abolished. They have no business being involved in it and have only caused the destruction of families by creating financial incentives like no fault divorce, alimony, and all kinds of state assistance for single mothers without a man in the house. The modern marriage laws have become little more than a system to subjugate men into a lifetime of servitude for little to nothing in return. All a woman has to do is poke a hole in a condom to own your earning potential for life.

Some ones bitter. Know a lot of people that think this way and usually can draw from life experience to validate their reasoning.

Had a boss when I was starting out in the trade ask me if I was married! He felt married men where more reliable,what it meant to me was these men had already been broken and would not be any issues. Would look around the lunch room and listen to dudes talking about their wives and how they where either thinking she was cheating or she never worked a day since they where together.
Was kind of messed up and left a lasting impression on me for what to look out for.

Quite often I can gauge a female by how she responds to my work. If she suddenly becomes more interested I know she is looking for a pay day and I am not the one. Or she looks disinterested she wants more and again I am lucky to dodge her.
I know people say its a conversation starter but it always feels odd when they find out I make decent bucks and the interest suddenly increases. Hate that.

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
█████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 05:05:51 AM

Some ones bitter. Know a lot of people that think this way and usually can draw from life experience to validate their reasoning.

Had a boss when I was starting out in the trade ask me if I was married! He felt married men where more reliable,what it meant to me was these men had already been broken and would not be any issues. Would look around the lunch room and listen to dudes talking about their wives and how they where either thinking she was cheating or she never worked a day since they where together.
Was kind of messed up and left a lasting impression on me for what to look out for.

Quite often I can gauge a female by how she responds to my work. If she suddenly becomes more interested I know she is looking for a pay day and I am not the one. Or she looks disinterested she wants more and again I am lucky to dodge her.
I know people say its a conversation starter but it always feels odd when they find out I make decent bucks and the interest suddenly increases. Hate that.

Bitter or just not stupid? Women are humans. Humans do fucked up things to each other for money. End of debate.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1049

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 05:17:11 AM

Topic: Do you believe a majority of society sees marriage as more of a business deal, and not really a document proving love?

Question: Why would you get married? Do you think you need a piece of paper proving your love for someone? Do you want equitable distribution of the assets if you ever choose to separate? Are you looking for more cash benefits? Opportunities from the other person? Interested in free food? Perhaps massages? Etc? If you marry someone for nothing but "love", you might be marrying for the correct reasons but if you're marrying for the entitlement and services that come with it, do you think it's justified?

Well, love can be learned as they say and i guess if you were arranged to marry someone and have kids of your own, you're going to love them no matter what.
Chinese do these most of the time to protect their wealth, they even arrange marriage to both cousins and that's just crazy. Muslims as far as I know do these as well.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 05:23:40 AM

Well, love can be learned as they say and i guess if you were arranged to marry someone and have kids of your own, you're going to love them no matter what.
Chinese do these most of the time to protect their wealth, they even arrange marriage to both cousins and that's just crazy. Muslims as far as I know do these as well.

I think the reason arranged marriages work is because neither party is under the illusion that it is for "love" but is simply a financial transaction and a way to reproduce. Marriages done for "love" often fail because one or more parties are looking for a condition which does not exist in reality only in fantasy. Also what most people define as "love" is usually a very transitory state of infatuation.
designerusa
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1028

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:27:05 AM

of course most of the people is getting married for financial stuff.. for me, money issues dont matter on deciding to get married..
if i get married someday, the reason for this will be definitely for love..
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 10:11:33 AM

I personally don't, but I know there are lots of women especially the traditionalist sort that do and the law pretty much regards it as a business contract in most countries, but even women who if they saw you had a lot of money would immediately use marriage as a way of getting alimony payments out of you and so on, sorry girls, but it's true, the amount of stories I keep seeing and hearing about tons of horror stories with men who marry. If marriage was a thing which had absolutely no affect on the court system and was simply a change of title acknowledging husband and wife, then I wouldn't be too bothered by it, but as it stands now there's no way in hell I'm marrying just so a woman can marry me and then divorce me when she's gotten sick of me and steal all my money just because she can.

I think marriage is an extremely cowardly and manipulative way a lot of women and society in general use to con or emotionally blackmail men with the promise of sex.
mainpmf

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:22:24 AM

Wtf man... Seriously... This has been done in order for a child to be always able to live correctly even if the father/mother leaves!

What would be better? No protection of any kind?

And btw, what do you call marriage if there is no government inside it? That's the very definition of marriage!

████████████████████████████
████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

mainpmf

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 11:23:45 AM

I think the reason arranged marriages work is because neither party is under the illusion that it is for "love" but is simply a financial transaction and a way to reproduce. Marriages done for "love" often fail because one or more parties are looking for a condition which does not exist in reality only in fantasy. Also what most people define as "love" is usually a very transitory state of infatuation.

Whaou. Another claim of Tecshare. Without any kind of proof of course.
Would you be civilized enough to explain us how you know that arranged marriages "work"? And what you mean by "work"?

████████▄▄████████▄▄████████
█████▄███▀▀██████▀▀███▄█████
██████▀███▄█▄██▄▄████▀██████
████████████████▄▄████████
████▄▄███████████████▄████
████▄████████████████▀████
████████▀▀▀████▀█▀█████████
██████▄██████████████▄██████
█████▀███▄▄██████▄▄███▀█████
████████▀▀████████▀▀████████
Truckcoin

For The Fastest Decentralized Global Market
▬▬     ANN Thread     WhitePaper     Twitter     Facebook     Google+     ▬▬

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 11:52:58 AM
Last edit: March 18, 2016, 02:41:17 PM by TECSHARE

Wtf man... Seriously... This has been done in order for a child to be always able to live correctly even if the father/mother leaves!

What would be better? No protection of any kind?

And btw, what do you call marriage if there is no government inside it? That's the very definition of marriage!

Alimony has nothing to do with a child. Even childless marriages find men paying women after divorce, even though men and women are supposedly equal. If that was the case men would be getting a lot more alimony from divorce than they currently do, but the ladies just like it to work one way. Additionally men in the USA have no reproductive rights. They have no say in deciding if a child is born or not, yet they are 100% financially responsible for the choice that the mother makes, effectively allowing mothers to use their children as a tool of extortion on the father. Furthermore many men in the USA are forced to pay child support for CHILDREN THAT AREN'T EVEN THEIR BIOLOGICAL CHILDREN. If a woman lies to you and can fool you for long enough you are stuck paying for that child regardless of paternity. Also women get custody in the vast majority of cases even if the father wishes to be the primary caregiver, so your argument is bullshit.

I would go on but I know your criticisms are simply a result of your butt still hurting from having your pathetic arguments in the gun control thread demolished by me and you are just looking for a way to soothe your ego and "get even" for me challenging your belief system. Finally, marriage existed long before the government was involved. It began as a religious institution. Arguably it could be described as even older than that as many animals naturally pair bond. Monogamous pair bonding comes from nature, not from the government. So no, that is not the very definition of marriage.

Whaou. Another claim of Tecshare. Without any kind of proof of course.
Would you be civilized enough to explain us how you know that arranged marriages "work"? And what you mean by "work"?

I am just having a casual discussion here. Why don't you go research it if it is so fucking important to you (but I know you are just here to attack me not argue the subject matter). Furthermore please explain to me where I can find the official government statistics relating to which marriages are arranged and which are "for love". Oh yeah that's right, there is no official collection of such statistics. If anyone cares I suggest a quick google search will show you that the divorce rates for arranged marriages are significantly lower than those done "for love".
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:13:05 PM

The majority of society sees marriage as a private thing. Some see it as a business deal as well. Government sees it as a business deal. Nobody sees it as a document proving love.

Question: Why would you get married?
Most people are physiologically built to get married. Many want children. Many want stability. Many want a helper/partner.

Do you think you need a piece of paper proving your love for someone?
Pieces of paper don't prove love.

Do you want equitable distribution of the assets if you ever choose to separate?
Marriage is supposed to be until death of one or both. Property brought into the marriage and not dedicated to the partnership should be kept by the before marriage owner. Joint property, especially that gained after the marriage, should be divided evenly, except in the cases where there are other circumstances, like children being taken care of a majority of the time by one of the partners.

Are you looking for more cash benefits? Opportunities from the other person? Interested in free food? Perhaps massages? Etc?
?

If you marry someone for nothing but "love", you might be marrying for the correct reasons but if you're marrying for the entitlement and services that come with it, do you think it's justified?

Long ago people got married for a multitude of reasons:
different kinds of jobs being done by the other partner;
children;
love;
sex;
financial;
more.
In the far past, all of these reasons were combined. In some countries and classes in the world, these are still the reasons.

In America, marriage should be according to what the partners agree on. Even if there is not a contract, points should be written so that there is an understanding between the partners.

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
onlinedragon

Activity: 1036
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:26:00 PM

You have different reasons why people get married. I personally think you only have to marriage for true love purpose and not the financial part.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:32:54 PM

Please refrain from teasing the other participants of this thread, please. We don't need that kind of behavior here, or anywhere else. If he's got an opposing opinion, just let him voice it.
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 1367

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 02:34:15 PM

Marriage is between a man and a woman. Forget the government piece of paper. The piece of paper simply invites government into your private lives. Make your own contract if you think you need it.

Smiley

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Slowturtleinc

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 05:43:41 PM

Please refrain from teasing the other participants of this thread, please. We don't need that kind of behavior here, or anywhere else. If he's got an opposing opinion, just let him voice it.

Grin My post agreed with him,funny how one line throws everything else out the window. But as you wish,back to badecker,techshare and what ever other loop you want for a closed debate.

██████████            Gunthar: Fast and Serious Lending Service
█████████       ●●●● ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● - ●●● ●●●●
██████████    ●●●● Don't loose your collateral: refinance with us ●●●●
benmartin613

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:28:53 PM

I think in most country they arrange marriage so that the big companies can merge into one.
Or on some cases if the company is getting bankrupt their daughter is being sold to rich people.
Daniel91
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 06:46:06 PM

I think that still most people marry because of love, not money.
Be realistic, most people are not reach and can't give any money or wealth to his/her partner, only love and care.
Maybe you watch to much American TV? Smiley
Believe me, this is not reality in most cases today, anywhere in the world.
Why to marry?
It's spiritual commitment for believers and also you show how serious you are about this love and your partner.
Words are empty without concrete action to prove it.

.freebitcoin.       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.PLAY NOW.
TheGr33k (OP)

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 12:23:48 AM

I think that still most people marry because of love, not money.
Be realistic, most people are not reach and can't give any money or wealth to his/her partner, only love and care.
Maybe you watch to much American TV? Smiley
Believe me, this is not reality in most cases today, anywhere in the world.
Why to marry?
It's spiritual commitment for believers and also you show how serious you are about this love and your partner.
Words are empty without concrete action to prove it.

You're making a huge assumption on my views when I didn't even say where I stand.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: