Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 10:54:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How To Buy Bitcoins with Credit Card  (Read 2495 times)
armenmerikyan (OP)

Activity: 244
Merit: 10

BrownieCoins.org The Recognition Cryptocurrency

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 01:33:00 AM

I have created a simple, fast and secure iPhone app which can be used to obtain bitcoins with your credit card.

I have developed an iPhone app called Brownie Coins which allows you to purchase small amounts of bitcoins using iTunes In app purchases.

Please visit BrownieCoins.com for full detail or download the BrownieCoins app on iTunes.

BrownieCoins.org - social currency for doing good deeds

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BlackLilac Jordan

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:25:49 AM

Wasn't there already a thread about this, in which people with experience in BTC explained to you why this is nothing but a magnet for scam artists?

TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 03:30:06 AM

Yep: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139365.0

That should have been moved to here with the OP edited to be this one's instead of starting another thread.

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 03:47:01 AM

Isn't the title misleading when you indicate that ...

Please understand the purpose of this application is to reward people. Don't purchase the coins and claim a prize.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 04:07:55 AM

I figured since I am not a newbie anymore, I can start the discussion with the correct topic and in the right section. I am not trying to spam or break the rules.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 04:09:33 AM

I just tried to remove it and it would not let me.

armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 04:12:01 AM

My intentions for this topic was to explore the different options available for purchasing small amount of bitcoins with your credit card, I have provided one solution for this requirement which is my Brownie Coin app, I would really appreciate it if people would respond with other scalable solutions that meets this simple requirement.

BlackLilac Jordan

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 05:06:59 AM

My intentions for this topic was to explore the different options available for purchasing small amount of bitcoins with your credit card, I have provided one solution for this requirement which is my Brownie Coin app, I would really appreciate it if people would respond with other scalable solutions that meets this simple requirement.

There aren't any, because every attempt at allowing for the purchase of Bitcoins with a credit card or paypal has failed. It isn't a simple requirement, it is a guaranteed money loser. People who purchase Bitcoins legitimately avoid exchanges that accept credit cards now, because we know they will eventually fail. All these services do is attract carders, and then once the chargebacks etc begin, the company inevitably has to fold.

I am not saying you are spamming or anything like that, I wish you great success in your business. However, allowing for even small amounts of BTC to be purchased with any reversible payment method is going to do nothing but cost you your Bitcoins. Perhaps you can find a way to modify your app, so it does something else.
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 05:31:59 AM

There has to be a way to do this, I already have some ideas on how to improve my system. The only problem is I am working alone and i don't have anyone to collaborate with.

BlackLilac Jordan

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:17:27 AM

There has to be a way to do this, I already have some ideas on how to improve my system. The only problem is I am working alone and i don't have anyone to collaborate with.

Sorry friend, while I wish you luck, that is not your only problem. Your biggest problem is that there is no way to do what you are trying to do. You're obviously talented and motivated, so I hope this venture will not be your last in Bitcoin. There are a lot of opportunities for new services and applications in this sector, but selling bitcoins for paypal or credit cards is not one of them. Tried, failed, tried again, failed. If I were you I would do a lot more research on the fraud rate with these types of transactions, before you invest any more time or money.
armenmerikyan (OP)

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 07:50:24 AM

Sorry friend, while I wish you luck, that is not your only problem. Your biggest problem is that there is no way to do what you are trying to do. You're obviously talented and motivated, so I hope this venture will not be your last in Bitcoin. There are a lot of opportunities for new services and applications in this sector, but selling bitcoins for paypal or credit cards is not one of them. Tried, failed, tried again, failed. If I were you I would do a lot more research on the fraud rate with these types of transactions, before you invest any more time or money.

I understand but I am looking at how Retail stores Sell Gold Jewelry, I think that model can be used to sell small amounts of bitcoins to buyers that you can authenticate and identify. 

John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1225

Away on an extended break

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 07:53:14 AM

I understand but I am looking at how Retail stores Sell Gold Jewelry, I think that model can be used to sell small amounts of bitcoins to buyers that you can authenticate and identify. 
You could probably take a look at: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=139982.0 to see how other credit card -> bitcoin processes do to minimize fraud. You could be successful if the fraud rates are low enough.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: