Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 03:57:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Slowness of micropayments (from Slush)  (Read 2237 times)
damiend (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:41:02 PM

Hi Folks

I started mining a few days ago and as a test I set my account in Slush's mining pool to send payments when they reached 0.1 BTC. I was slightly over that threshold and shortly afterwards received an automated email telling me 0.13 had been transferred to my recently created local wallet.

That was at approximately 1800 (UK time) and it is now just after 2030, so it's been about 2.5 hours.

I understand that the transaction is verified a few times along a few nodes or such and can take time, but my BTC client (local) has not acknowledged any incoming payments.

Any advice/tips?

Thanks!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:45:29 PM

Check the address on block explorer.

Has your client downloaded the latest blocks?
MiningBuddy

Activity: 927
Merit: 1000

฿itcoin ฿itcoin ฿itcoin

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:46:07 PM

Check to see if its located in the queue: http://bitcoincharts.com/bitcoin/

0.13 btc is a very small amount and will most likey be very low priority. IE, it could take several hours for it to come through.

Don't panic, your btc will arrive in due time.

LegitBit

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:47:24 PM

What he said, http://blockexplorer.com/

Make sure your firewall is set to allow connections.

It takes awhile sometimes.

Donate : 1EiAKUmTVtqXsaGLKQQVvLT9DDnHsT7jTZ (Block Explorer)
LegitBit

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 07:57:22 PM

You got it. Are you sure the client has finished downloading blocks? Those are necessary because they contain all transactions.

Yeah, sound's like you may have a connection issue.

finnthecelt

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 08:29:47 PM

What he said, http://blockexplorer.com/

Make sure your firewall is set to allow connections.

It takes awhile sometimes.

Is 26+ hours an acceptable time? Waiting on my first payment (5+) BTC. Not too concerned but not entirely UNconcerned....   Wink
LegitBit

View Profile
June 11, 2011, 11:33:04 PM

It can.. I've spent 2 days waiting.

If you are using the older bitcoin client, add a small transaction fee so the network will be more inclined to process the payment.

Is 26+ hours an acceptable time? Waiting on my first payment (5+) BTC. Not too concerned but not entirely UNconcerned....   Wink

finnthecelt

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:32:24 AM

It can.. I've spent 2 days waiting.

If you are using the older bitcoin client, add a small transaction fee so the network will be more inclined to process the payment.

It took me a minute to realize no blocks were being downloaded. I checked another machine and they didn't add up.....

Downloaded 3.22, deleted .dat files and all good now.
Valalvax

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 02:47:51 AM
Last edit: June 12, 2011, 03:34:50 AM by Valalvax

Where would I see if I've downloaded all the old transactions?

I'm using the Mac Client, and at the bottom it says 0 Connections, 130070 Blocks, 0 Transactions

I'm not waiting on any transactions to go through, just want to be ready for when they do

*edit* In the unlikely event someone sees this, at some point between when I posted this, and about 30 minutes ago, I've lost the ability to post, make threads, and private message people... have no clue what happened, if I've been banned, or what, I'd assume if one were banned the forum would tell them so, but I've never actually been banned from a forum ever, so not sure how that works...
CentroniX

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 03:49:39 AM

I'm using the Mac Client, and at the bottom it says 0 Connections, 130070 Blocks, 0 Transactions

I'm not waiting on any transactions to go through, just want to be ready for when they do

*edit* In the unlikely event someone sees this, at some point between when I posted this, and about 30 minutes ago, I've lost the ability to post, make threads, and private message people... have no clue what happened, if I've been banned, or what, I'd assume if one were banned the forum would tell them so, but I've never actually been banned from a forum ever, so not sure how that works...

You need to port-forward port 8333 to the host running bit client if your behind a NAT'd connection. Not sure why, I don't have to do it for Wnidows hosts, but that's the only way I can get t to run under OSX.
finnthecelt

View Profile
June 12, 2011, 04:15:57 AM

Go here.....

http://bitcoincharts.com/charts/

It should tell you how many blocks there are. That's what your total blocks should display. It's right next to the About tab to the right.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: