Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 02:05:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 128 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Lykke - Trade Bitcoin, Ethereum, FX and Digital Assets  (Read 144556 times)
tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
November 16, 2016, 05:46:43 PM

Big News:

Lykke Exchange is now Licensed to Provide Financial Services in Asian and African Countries
https://lykke.com/city/blog/2016-11-16/vanuatu

If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 17, 2016, 12:24:25 AM

Lykke Exchange Granted Financial Brokerage License in Vanuatu
Lykke Corp is applying for licenses in Cyprus, the United Kingdom, Switzerland, Japan, and the US to provide broker services.

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/exchange/lykke-blockchain-exchange-granted-financial-license-in-vanuatu/
hv_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1055

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2016, 08:37:44 AM

How close are you with teaming up with other similar projects like overstocks/ t0  do ?

http://www.automatedtrader.net/headlines/156593/overstock-demonstrates-t0-blockchain_based-securities-trading--platform

Carpe diem  -  understand the White Paper and mine honest.
Fix real world issues: Check out b-vote.com
The simple way is the genius way - Satoshi's Rules: humana veris _
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 02:30:49 PM

How close are you with teaming up with other similar projects like overstocks/ t0  do ?

http://www.automatedtrader.net/headlines/156593/overstock-demonstrates-t0-blockchain_based-securities-trading--platform

I personally don't know that much about t0, but I don't believe it's similar to Lykke. t0 seems to focus on stock-exchange on the blockchain. And of course there are similarities to Lykke, but Lykke will also be about much more.

- personal Bank-account for all kinds of Crypto- and Fiat-currencies
- all kinds of digital assets (stocks included of course)
- forex trading
- exchange for Cryptocurrencies

Maybe one could say: t0 aims to be a stock-exchange like established stock-exchanges but on the blockchain.  

Lykke targets everybody and will be a marketplace for potentially "everything". It also will be possible to send money very easy and fast from country to country. Let's say somebody in the USA wants to send his family in Africa money - that will be possible very easy, fast and cheap and very practicable, since Lykke will be regulated all over the world (Africa is already safe) and connected to banks. People will have much choice if they want to stay in Crypto (Bitcoin for example) or want to switch to the most useful Fiat-currency. That's one use-case besides investing in and trading Currencies and all kinds of assets.

It's a major aspect that Lykke will be very complete in my opinion and will make it as easy as possible for everybody to get access to all of those markets.

A plus is also the team of Lykke, especially Richard Olsen, because he already did with Oanda (Forex-exchange: https://www.oanda.com) what he wants to do in a larger scale and highly decentralized and "easy-to-use-for-everybody" with Lykke. And that part is not just about expertise and experience, but also about connections.

That said: Lykke is still underrated by many in my opinion. Safe bet: This project will surprise! ;-)
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2016, 02:57:16 PM

Thx I mostly got all that and agree it is a very nice project and wonder if it is really bootstrapping.

Feel free to report any success story you can share here and / or PM me if you think I could help.

amintek15

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 06:31:20 PM

I just regret that I invest Lykke on ICO. Now it's almost 30% cheaper ^^ but I'm sure that it's a great project and when my other coins will give me money I will buy much more Lykke
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 08:23:20 PM

Thx I mostly got all that and agree it is a very nice project and wonder if it is really bootstrapping.

Feel free to report any success story you can share here and / or PM me if you think I could help.

Thanks! I'll let the team know, because what I know is that they think about getting more ppl in for community-communication and "spreading the word" etc.. I just don't know details yet (how many for example and when etc). But it seems as if they have a lot in the pipeline and anticipate increasing attention.

Most likely there also will be increasing marketing once they've rolled out important releases or maybe even before. I'm not sure but what I've already figured is that they do things differently to usual Crypto-projects, more step by step into Crypto as a start and base and then also beyond. And what is even more unusual: Others sell screenshots as promises, Lykke delivers a lot before they bang the bigger drums. ;-)

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 18, 2016, 08:53:22 PM

I just regret that I invest Lykke on ICO. Now it's almost 30% cheaper ^^ but I'm sure that it's a great project and when my other coins will give me money I will buy much more Lykke

Yep... sadly right! (not 30% - in CHF it's about 7% to the ICO price)

But: It's not a reaction on or a decision about Lykke, it's because of the rising Bitcoin-price.

But, what can be seen as positive is:

1. If there would be no reaction on the Bitcoin-price on Lykke it would be more a sign that it's not used. Or the other way around: The reaction on the Bitcoin price is hurtful of course, but it shows that Lykke is already on it's way to become a natural market with reactions on the whole context - in this scenario Bitcoin.

2. With 1. in mind: A rising Bitcoin-price can be seen as public-relation for free for all Bitcoin-related startups, and Lykke is one of them. Bitcoin is already more in the news and the media-echo is also much more positive as it was in 2013 for example. It becomes a serious Investment and also more and more people outside of Crypto think about it, because more and more people lose trust in Fiat-currencies. Why I say that: Lykke is a perfect solution for exactly that - a very "easy-to-use-door" into Bitcoin, into Crypto and into digital assets etc.

With other words: If Bitcoin should hype even more, it will supress all others even more. But it also will make PR for solutions like Lykke. And once Bitcoin will go down again (and that's a safe bet if it should develop a bubble), a lot of people will invest their Bitcoins into all kinds of quality-alts and LKK will be one of them.

The second point is my personal strategy in general, not just in LKK but also in some other projects I consider as pearls. I've invested in a way that it's something like a base for all kinds of scenarios. If BTC should be stable, the development-progress of those projects will drive the prices up. If Bitcoin should hype, I will take the loss in between, but BTC won't rise endless - and most likely a hyping Bitcoin-price will even lead into a fee-event (blocksize-problem) and that could even lead into a hard crash at a certain point.

And I've seen what happened to LTC in late 2013 once people began to anticipate that Bitcoin would go down: It exploded from a $50 M marketcap to $1 bn, because a lot of Bitcoin-Investors sent their money directly into other Cryptos. That will happen again and I even believe more extreme because now there are more really good projects in this eco-system.
hv_
Legendary

Clean Code and Scale

View Profile WWW
November 19, 2016, 04:10:51 PM

Next player with similar or partial idea:

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/korean-stock-exchange-launches-blockchain-based-startup-market/

So can there be a defracmented system of markets again? Or will you try to lead all?

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 19, 2016, 06:54:51 PM

Next player with similar or partial idea:

http://bravenewcoin.com/news/korean-stock-exchange-launches-blockchain-based-startup-market/

So can there be a defracmented system of markets again? Or will you try to lead all?

I've already read about that project a while ago but it's also something I don't know that much about. And just to avoid potential misunderstandings: I help with community-communication but I'm not constantly in communication with the core-team since they are very busy. So take my posts as combination of what I know but also personal opinion when it's about questions like that ;-)  

What I believe about all kinds of Blockchain-projects in general is: There always will be competition for all good ideas and solution and that won't end. I don't believe that there will be one project for a certain use-case that will be kind of "unchallenged-on-top" while others will be out of the game. But that's also not needed because there will be no lack of demand.   

But what all projects really need is flexibility. If early decisions should turn out as barriers later - that could turn out as really bad because other newcomer-projects may find solutions to do the same in a more elegant and superior way and that would most likely turn out as a risk. But if a project is early while staying flexible at the same time, it can benefit a lot of what is called first-mover-advantage and has some chances to become a major-player.

And that's what I believe to see in Lykke because I know that they focus on quality but in combination with flexibility. It's something that Richard Olsen mentioned several times - the importance of flexibility. Also the open-source-aspect of Lykke is part of that and there are already much more people working on this than "just" the core-team and on all fronts: To get licenses all over the world for example, IATA is another example, the high activity in the Github of course, and so on.

There is some chance that Lykke will be the first project of this kind that will be available globally. And in combination with the easy-to-use-aspect plus the focus on security and for what it can be used - from private persons to companies - there already may be some first-mover-advantage.
luzamarino

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 01:41:08 PM

" It also will be possible to send money very easy and fast from country to country. Let's say somebody in the USA wants to send his family in Africa money - that will be possible very easy, fast and cheap and very practicable, "

How is Lykke marketing in this region and in fact worldwide ? How will they compete against already known money exchanges ?
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:16:03 PM

" It also will be possible to send money very easy and fast from country to country. Let's say somebody in the USA wants to send his family in Africa money - that will be possible very easy, fast and cheap and very practicable, "

How is Lykke marketing in this region and in fact worldwide ? How will they compete against already known money exchanges ?

I'm not sure what you mean with "already known money exchanges"? Do you mean Bitcoin-exchanges?

Thing is that Lykke can be seen like a bridge between the established financial system (Forex-trading-platform - all kinds of Fiat-currencies) and the Crypto-space (Crypto-currencies and other digital assets as colored coins). What is very important: To get legal access worldwide (regulations, licenses) and that's a focus for Lykke right now.

It's about three major points:

- easy access because it's easy to use
- secure - it's not a centralized platform but a network while the exchange is semi-decentralized
- legal (Lykke aims to get licenses worldwide)

That is already different to what we know so far. There already are regulated Crypto-exchanges in nearly all countries but they are centralized and for different purposes. It usually needs more than just one exchange and whenever Fiat is involved it becomes complex. That may be not a big problem for those who already are familiar with Crypto but Lykke is not just about that. It's about giving easy and secure access to potentially everybody who is able to use a smartphone and/or a computer - and it's about giving choice since Lykke will give access to Fiat, Cryptocurrency and all kinds of digital assets.

It can be used to

- invest in value (with the aim for profit)
- it can be used to send value
- it can be used to store value securely.

A good overview gives this explanation from Richard Olsen (it's from a team-meeting):

Richard Olsen about Lykke idea and objectives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leXWIhS4Y3k
PAMPT

Activity: 236

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:26:25 PM

It turns out, vanuatu makes it their mission to license venture capital on asian continent, as on the site they talk about financial facilities and trade unions as vaguely as the one can possibly imagine, and never mention west. I have a suspicion the company is run by several booty women.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:55:24 PM

It turns out, vanuatu makes it their mission to license venture capital on asian continent, as on the site they talk about financial facilities and trade unions as vaguely as the one can possibly imagine, and never mention west. I have a suspicion the company is run by several booty women.

You speak about being vaguely - but, tbh:

My problem with your post is exactly that. Maybe it's possible to point out your concerns a little bit more precise and less vaguely? ;-)

wannaberich

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 02:57:16 PM

Ha, ico is risky, and their original price is 0.01 CHF, but if you bought 0.05 CHF, who can save you? Noobs always lose money in crypto.   Grin Grin
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
November 20, 2016, 03:24:28 PM

Ha, ico is risky, and their original price is 0.01 CHF, but if you bought 0.05 CHF, who can save you? Noobs always lose money in crypto.   Grin Grin

Two suggestions for noobs before they decide its worthy of parking their monies into this garage:

Firstly, what is lykke, Luke Skywalker or his son, what is it, is it elderly granny of his step-farther. May imply skywalker's money, but here is a bummer: he was roofless and had no money whatsoever, nothing he could put to his name. Ur money fades away in the same way skywalker bumps into sky and will never land on tatooine regardless of tatooined tattoo on skywalker's neck calling him back to alien-tattooer from tatooine. No.

Secondly, concern coming from the darkest corners of my mind diminishes the very concept of this coin, and the firm that backs it. Supported by Vantutu? Antutu benchmarks are for android tablets, and who runs exchange security commission for trading antutu scores in african countries the Op is wiggling about? No.

No faith for this one. Subject closed. Placing this thread in a trashscan is a win-win solution.

Regards.

PAMPT

Activity: 236

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 04:34:40 PM

My problem with your post is exactly that. Maybe it's possible to point out your concerns a little bit more precise and less vaguely? ;-)

Shut up dude I am dancing.  Grin

What? Yes, why is it east-oriented, what about west. SEC is at the helm of stock regulation in the USA. Never heard about the other regulator someone has recently talked about.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 05:02:13 PM
Last edit: November 20, 2016, 05:20:45 PM by tempus

Ha, ico is risky, and their original price is 0.01 CHF, but if you bought 0.05 CHF, who can save you? Noobs always lose money in crypto.   Grin Grin

Always funny to see newbie-accounts speaking like that. Are you that new to Crypto or was there a reason to re-start with a fresh account? ;-)

But, I basically agree. ICO's always are a big risk since they usually are about new projects and it's never sure how a project plays out over time. This ICO at least always gave choice since it always was possible to sell back. And the reason why the price of LKK is below it's ICO-price is not disappointment about the project, or a reaction on a lack of progress how it's often the case in other projects. It's a reaction on the rising BTC-price.

The unusual situation of Lykke also may play a role since Lykke is it's own exchange and LKK is not a Poloniex-gamble - that would bring more attention of course. But I personally am not concerned and my prediction is: I won't lose money with this.

Btw: One year ago in September Factom launched on Polo. The price went below it's ICO-price short after launch and "nobody" seemed to care about Factom at all. The daily volume was below 5 BTC very often and there was some complaining about it on their thread. I bought whenever I had money and my cheapest price was 0.00018 BTC. The price right now is 6 times above ICO-price (which was 0.0005 BTC) in BTC and much more in Dollar, the ATH (0.008) was more than 10 times of the ICO in BTC (and, again: in Dollar it's even more since BTC is also higher).

What I want to say with that: Those who sold their Factoids below the ICO-price one year ago also were those who lost money - noobs how you call them. Those who bought and showed some patience made a lot.

Exactly that potential is why I bought into Lykke. I focus on projects I consider as pearls before a majority pays attention.
tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 05:07:13 PM

Two suggestions for noobs before they decide its worthy of parking their monies into this garage:

Firstly, what is lykke, Luke Skywalker or his son, what is it, is it elderly granny of his step-farther. May imply skywalker's money, but here is a bummer: he was roofless and had no money whatsoever, nothing he could put to his name. Ur money fades away in the same way skywalker bumps into sky and will never land on tatooine regardless of tatooined tattoo on skywalker's neck calling him back to alien-tattooer from tatooine. No.

Secondly, concern coming from the darkest corners of my mind diminishes the very concept of this coin, and the firm that backs it. Supported by Vantutu? Antutu benchmarks are for android tablets, and who runs exchange security commission for trading antutu scores in african countries the Op is wiggling about? No.

No faith for this one. Subject closed. Placing this thread in a trashscan is a win-win solution.

Regards.

Oh boy.. Sunday is really a special day in Crypto.

You really should write blog-posts, always with the headline: "coming from the darkest corners of my mind" ;-)

tempus
Legendary

View Profile
November 20, 2016, 05:14:38 PM

Shut up dude I am dancing.  Grin

I never shut up, Dancing-Queen! Grin 

What? Yes, why is it east-oriented, what about west. SEC is at the helm of stock regulation in the USA. Never heard about the other regulator someone has recently talked about.

I've asked Richard Olsen about regulations in the USA some days ago and they pushing for it. It won't be finished in some weeks but I have not much of a doubt that it will come. 

An overview about regulations:

A good overview in general: https://lykke.com/Lykke_Outlook.pdf
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 ... 128 »
  Print  

Jump to: