Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 09:14:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Just invested 300 BTC and 10 Million NXT in Cell 411  (Read 2396 times)
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 04:25:03 PM

Living in Canada, I wouldn't find this very useful. I do understand how in other countries it would make sense. If you're in a country that has corrupt police officers you'd much rather call your friends/family than some corrupt cop looking for a bribe.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 3074

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 05:39:14 PM

Living in Canada, I wouldn't find this very useful. I do understand how in other countries it would make sense. If you're in a country that has corrupt police officers you'd much rather call your friends/family than some corrupt cop looking for a bribe.

Living in Canada, you should realise that every Canadian lives under constant threat of capture or theft if they are caught evading the government's institutionalized protection racket. The fact that many deem this to be incorrupt only demonstrates that those people are not fit to be free anyway.

Would you concede that the Candian government, using it's police force, insists that you pay them bribes (aka extortion), lest your liberty or property be stolen from you using said police force?

Vires in numeris
European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 05:44:55 PM

So this is an app that calls your buddies if the corrupt police are about to blow you away? And your buddies are gonna turn up packing heat and fill the cops with lead? And people put money into this?
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 07:47:23 PM

So this is an app that calls your buddies if the corrupt police are about to blow you away? And your buddies are gonna turn up packing heat and fill the cops with lead? And people put money into this?

To take on your extreme example, can we assume that given those circumstances, you would stand still like a good boy while the police line up a decent headshot?  Roll Eyes

Vires in numeris
jchst

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 08:02:02 PM

Well besides boost the speed time of reaction it may save lifes,how many of us lost someone because emergency system tooked too much to come and when they come the people is almost dead.Soo this will safe some more lifes as the neighbour can take the friend to the hospital ,besides that i see potencial here,as there are a lot attacks everyday soo with this app its possible to join all against the bad persons.
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:28:23 PM

Living in Canada, you should realise that every Canadian lives under constant threat of capture or theft if they are caught evading the government's institutionalized protection racket. The fact that many deem this to be incorrupt only demonstrates that those people are not fit to be free anyway.

Would you concede that the Candian government, using it's police force, insists that you pay them bribes (aka extortion), lest your liberty or property be stolen from you using said police force?

I'm not really following what you're saying. What I was talking about would be this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index

In the 'red' or 'black' countries this would make a lot of sense.
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
March 20, 2016, 11:58:43 PM

I'm not really following what you're saying. What I was talking about would be this:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corruption_Perceptions_Index

In the 'red' or 'black' countries this would make a lot of sense.

Ok, it's a little ironic that you've posted a link to a document titled "Corruption Perceptions".

Corruption is subjective: if you feel like you've agreed to live under the rules of the Canadian government, then that's understandable. But what if you changed your mind?

So, you have to leave Canada outright? Seems a little unreasonable: a few million people voted in a few hundred people who just made all the rules up. Why should you be beholden to millions, or even hundreds of people who otherwise play no part in your life? Why leave the place you grew up with, and the friends and family you have there, just because you don't want to live under the conditions they implemented?

The reality is that people disagree with gorvernment rules all the time; it's called criminality. And if you commit criminal acts, you can expect the police to catch up with you. If the statute you infringed has no victim, the arresting police officers are the true criminals.

Hence, Cell911 will find a Canadian userbase: I know I'm not the only person out there that considers mandatory child indoctrination camps morally wrong, or forcing people to pay you money to be theft. Boths crimes of which the Canadian government is guilty. Multiple counts.

Vires in numeris
CryptoBrother

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

I LOVE THE LIR PROJECT

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 07:45:05 AM

Yeas I agree. I dont think it will pick up in developed countries. I guess we'll see.

I love the ACES dev for giving me my investment back Smiley
Elyes Zebda

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 08:19:09 AM

i don't get why would someone choose to call a friend in case of emergency!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh
Carlton Banks
Legendary

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 09:08:18 AM

i don't get why would someone choose to call a friend in case of emergency!
 Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh Huh

Trust.

Vires in numeris
Elyes Zebda

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2016, 11:31:16 AM

I do wish to see this application success however since it received funding in cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 2 [3]  All
  Print  

Jump to: