Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:42:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Meta divergence]re: Dooglus is supporting ponzis  (Read 1144 times)
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:53:33 AM

Since the discussion of moderation of a thread is automatically off topic in threads outside of meta (citation needed), and also out of not wanting to derail my other topic, I decided to create a divergence thread here regarding the issue of which section my thread belongs in.

Each person has their own philosophy on ponzis, but this is the scam accusation section. Unless you are claiming that Dooglus is directly involved in a ponzi that has already scammed people, this is the wrong section. I'd move the thread to reputation or something similar, but I'll leave it to you for a while to either make an accusation that would support this thread being in scam accusation, or move it.
First of all, it is my understanding that a theft does not actually need to occur in order to create a scam accusation, as you could accuse someone of attempting to scam. A good example of this would be this thread, which technically discusses someone who never actually scammed anyone, however I think that it is fairly obvious that person who attempt to scam others. So I think that requiring that a thread about dooglus to link him directly to something that has already scammed is unfairly specific.

My claim is that dooglus is an accomplice to a scammer because he made a tool that will help said scammer steal from others. Furthermore, the open source nature of his tool makes it difficult to determine all of the ponzis that have used the script in question.

In your redirect post, you wrote that I could edit my OP to reflect a scam, and not just a questionable moral association.

Dooglus had mentioned that he knew that the name of the operator of the ponzi he was helping as being "Kyle"
The only reason I was even looking at the script was because Klye was having problems with it. As I understood it, he was marketing his Ponzi truthfully and not attempting to steal anything from anyone. From what I've heard nobody other than Klye himself ended up out of pocket from using that script.
Kyle is also the name of MRKLYE, who gambled away 25BTC of other people's money that was intended to be some kind of investment (source), and this money was gambled at Just-Dice, which means that dooglus profited from these losses.

I could update my post to reflect that I believe that dooglus was helping a known scammer develop a tool whose only use would be to eventually steal money from others. This would further solidify my thread being a scam accusation, however I believe my thread already meets the criteria to be in the scam accusations sub.

I also could update my OP to reflect that I believe that dooglus has contributed to an unknown amount of losses/thefts by others, however I think this would be somewhat redundant.

It is the forum policy to not moderate scams, which includes not deciding what is and what is not a scam. I would argue that the question of is something a claim of being a scam should be left up to the OP of the thread, unless it is very clear that there is no such claim.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:53:40 AM

I had replied to Salty in my other thread, however it seems that his response was regarding the placement of my thread, so I have replied to him here.

Salty -

I guess if we are trying to get rid of the philosophy of ponzis, and get straight to the question, does Dooglus owe anyone money?
That depends on the jurisdiction of a court in which litigation is potentially taken against dooglus, as well as the tort laws in such jurisdiction, however I would err on the side of "yes".

The allegation in the OP is that dooglus (helped) create a product that was designed to ultimately steal from others. This means that anytime any ponzi operator had previously used his script to steal money from others, that he would likely be considered to be an accomplice to such theft. According to this, there is no distinction between an accomplice and the person who actually commits the tort, although it is likely that the accomplice would not be liable for 100% of the damages.

A Gun Manufacturer can potentially (Page 2, last paragraph), be held liable if they knowingly sell a gun to someone they know will subsequently use said gun to commit a crime of violence (or a drug trafficking crime).

A bartender can be potentially held liable if s/he knowingly (or should have known) servers a drink to a drunk person, and said drunk person subsequently kills someone while driving while still drunk.

Both of the above examples are very similar to dooglus creating a product whose only potential use is to eventually scam people.

I moved it to Reputation anyway, because reviewing it all again, it looks like a real longshot to be calling Dooglus a scammer by possible involvement with a non specific thing. It isn't unreasonable for people to question Dooglus' person or reputation for something like this I suppose. Not that moderators are here to arbitrate scam reports, but unless I'm mistaken, it doesn't really look like this is a scam report, rather a warning that in your opinion Dooglus has been involved in a moral gray area. I get what you are trying to say by association, but a lot of this is opinion. First on the topic of ponzis, some people think they are a scam, others do not. Not that my personal opinion matters here, but I'm using my opinion as an example. Ponzi's are not a scam by default, just because the people playing the game end up losing in the end, that doesn't mean that there isn't a calculated risk that players can take with the hope to make money. In my opinion, ponzis with express written rules (like all thousand ponzis I've seen pop up) are not scams in themselves, nor when they close down, as long as they do so in a way that abides by what they have stated to the public. I don't think of ponzis any differently than dice sites.
I think you may have a ponzi game confused with a ponzi. A ponzi game is a game in which it is disclosed that after a certain point additional funds will not be paid out to players based on some specific trigger (the operator would also likely take some fee in exchange for running said game, out of the money that would be paid out to the players -- also disclosed). A ponzi game is very similar to a ponzi in that the "winners" are paid with money from the later participants of the game.

A ponzi (scheme) on the other hand is something that promises unrealistic returns to investors while claiming little risk to investors (source). A ponzi (scheme) will use money from later "investors" to repay earlier "investors", and in my experience here, the ponzi schemes in bitcointalk often will simply run away with investor's money once they are in possession of a certain threshold of "investor's" money.

The ELI5 explanation between a ponzi scheme and a ponzi game is that a game is honest while a scheme is dishonest. In my experience, when most people are discussing a "ponzi" throughout bitcointalk, they are most often referring to (or describing) a ponzi scheme. However most people will participate in ponzi schemes as if they are a ponzi game, and will acknowledge that the ponzi scheme will eventually collapse.

I did point out that the ponzi that dooglus was helping was dishonest because it was claiming that any investment would be risk free regardless of if additional people sent money ("invested") to the ponzi, and that everyone would end up receiving 125% of their initial investment, which is obviously not true.

That said, assuming that the ponzis that used Dooglus' source were in fact scams I'm still not really convinced that he would be liable by association. Not only was his association to fix bugs, but he's not really directly liable. If godaddy makes someone a website and they do something illicit with it, godaddy isn't at fault. To modify your gun manufacturer comparison, in this example Dooglus isn't the guy who manufactured the gun, hes the guy who fixed the crooked barrel that the manufacturer produced.
I am not claiming that dooglus is a scammer because he is associated with ponzis, I am saying that I believe him to be a scammer because he is an accomplice to (ponzi) scams (/schemes). An associate is someone who is connected to someone else. An accomplice to a crime is someone who helped another person commit a crime.

You are associated with theymos because you are a moderator of the forum. If, theymos were to hypothetically run away with all of the forum's money tomorrow (I believe the forum's money is actually theymos's property, but that is besides the point, and I hope you can still understand what I am trying to say), then you would not be at fault simply because you are a moderator of the forum -- you being a moderator would have nothing to do with theymos running away with the money. If, however on the other hand, you were to give theymos a great cover story that would allow him to get away "clean" with the money then you would be an accomplice to the theft because you helped theymos steal the money.

Speaking to your specific points, if godaddy were to have prior knowledge that the operator of a website they were in the process of creating was planning on doing something illicit then they would probably be held liable if such information were to be revealed. Regarding the gun manufacturer example, what dooglus did is similar to a gun manufacturer fixing the barrel of a gun, and then giving said gun to someone who they knew was planning on using said gun to commit a violent crime, and the gun manufacturer had such knowledge both when they agreed to fix the gun and when they actually shipped the gun back to the gun owner.

Going back to your above point, yes I would agree that it is possible that a ponzi could "wind down" (close) in an "orderly" fashion, however I am not aware of any ponzis that have actually done this. (being that you are not very active in the ponzi/investor games section, I would find it unlikely that you have any examples of a ponzi closing down in an orderly fashion, and I am not aware of any either; all of the ponzis that I am aware of either ran away with player's money or never received any money in the first place). It is also possible that this person is going to repay any money that he is lent, however realistically speaking that will simply not happen. The pattern of those that operate any kind of ponzi here has always ended with the operator running away with money that does not belong to them. IIRC, there was one ponzi operator that operated "honestly" for a while early last year, however he was able to quickly build up a lot of trust within the gambling community and was able to run away with several hundred thousand dollars worth of player's bitcoin.

It is my understanding that you claim to have never been scammed in the bitcoin world before, and if this is true, then I would say there is a good chance that this was accomplished in part by you not entrusting your money with a ponzi operator (among other things).

The biggest point I want to stress here, is my opinion asside, even looking from both my perspective and counter my perspective, via mine there is no scam accusation, and via counter, the scam accusation is incredibly shakey at best. From both perspectives, I'd say what is really in question here is a moral question as to how people view Dooglus' actions, which would belong in reputation rather than scam accusation. If what I've said is wrong and I've misinterpreted what you are going for, please feel free to move the thread back to scam accusations. I'm solely trying to help you put your thread in the correct board.
I think the forum should probably be fairly conservative in terms of when threads should be moved out of scam accusations, primarily because the forum makes a point not to moderate scams.

For the reasons stated above, I believe that my thread is a scam accusation, and I hope that it will serve as a warning to others prior to others potentially entrusting dooglus with money, information, access to code, or otherwise (including listening to what he says, and his arguments), and it is a best practice to check the scam accusation sub prior to trusting someone with any of the above, not the reputation sub. Also I believe that dooglus should have the opportunity to respond to my claims, which might not be an option in a reputation thread because threads in reputation can be self moderated while threads in scam accusations cannot.
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 06:59:19 AM

Is there a tldr available?

redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 08:35:20 AM

Is there a tldr available?

I'm interested too,

@Quickseller you opened a 2 thread and posted a lot of message about this... why can't you use only one thread?
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 09:34:02 AM

Seller, you need to go get a life bud and stop trying to stir up shit.. You calling everyone a scammer doesn't null the fact you're untrustworthy.

I, for the record never scammed anyone, nor had any intentions to do such, same cannot be said about you and your alt account escrow fuckery.
If we'd like to go into details about the IPO, the amount lost, the amount refunded and what is currently left outstanding to shareholders we can start a thread elsewhere and I will gladly point out what's been done to rectify my wrongdoings of the past. http://klyemax.com is getting ready for full launch shortly, despite the set backs caused by myself in the past.

A person has ~3 options when they fuck up around here:
1. Run off and make alt accounts
2. Admit they fucked up and rectify the situation
3. Whine like a bitch and call others scammers

Seeing as how you've mastered 1 and 3 as clearly illustrated in your needless shitposting and 1337 escrow skills may I suggest you attempt 2?

Now, I'm not exactly sure where you get off calling out dooglus for giving a hand to a person operating a site that for the record no user ever lost any CLAM on and that all payments were paid out. dooglus by his nature goes about auditing sites and fixing them and helping where he can. I do not believe for a second that dooglus had any intention to scam anyone nor did he even support the idea of the site after pointing out the time to stake the necessary coins.

Given the fact that the clambaker site was closed only after it had fully refunded the remaining waiting payments and no one lost anything on it besides the owner paying out the remaining investments out of pocket your scam accusation and shitposting is absolutely unwarranted and frankly you have no ground to stand on with your accusation.

Once again, you are grasping at straws Seller. Trying to make dooglus or myself look bad in regards to what may have been the only non-scam ponzi to ever operate on these forums is both a testament to how little you actually think before you shitpost and also how desperate you are to call down others attempting to boost your absolutely fucked reputation.

Calling out dooglus on this scam accusation was dumb. But calling me out was probably a bad judgement call on your part.
At the very least I'm honest enough to admit I've fucked up and try to rectify what's been done, Same cannot be said for you.

TL;DR:
Seller is whining that dooglus helped fix code on a site where no one lost any money.. also he's a little bitch.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
███`````````````````````````███
██```````````██``██````````````██
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

██████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DutchDemon

Activity: 115
Merit: 4

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:45:04 AM

dooglus first left a +ve feedback on MRKLYE on 2013-11-15 and then left a -ve feedback on him on 2016-01-14. Why so? Roll Eyes
MRKLYE
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1003

Designer - Developer

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 09:50:20 AM

dooglus first left a +ve feedback on MRKLYE on 2013-11-15 and then left a -ve feedback on him on 2016-01-14. Why so? Roll Eyes

Because I asked him to update his previous feedback to reflect current situation of the klyemax project, as his previous feedback was no longer true.

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄████▀▀`````````▀▀████▄
███▀```````````````````▀███
██````````▄▄▄▄██▄▄██▄▄▄▄`````````██
██`````````▀██████████████▄````````██
██`````````````███`````▀████`````````██
▐█▌`````````````███`````▄███▀`````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███████████▄``````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄````````▐█▌
▐█▌`````````````███```````████````````▐█▌
██`````````````███`````▄▄████````````██
██`````````▄██████████████▀````````██
██````````▀▀▀▀██▀▀██▀▀▀▀`````````██
███▄```````````````````▄███
▀████▄▄`````````▄▄████▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
FREE
BITCOINS.com

`````````▄
````````▄█▄
``````▄█████▄
`````█████████
```▄███████████▄
``███████████████
`█████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
██▌▀███████████████
`██``▀████████████
``██▄```▀████████
```▀███▄▄`█████▀
``````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FAUCET
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

``````````````````▄▄▄▄▄▄
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````````````██████
``````````██████``██████
``````````██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████
``██████``██████``██████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

XCHANGE
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

```````````▄
`````````▄██
```````▄████
`````▄██████████▄
`````▀███████████▄
```````▀████``▀████
█``````▄`▀██````▀██
██▄````██▄`▀``````█
████▄``████▄
`▀███████████▄
``▀██████████▀
```````████▀
```````██▀
```````▀

SWAP
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
xetsr
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 10:12:25 AM
Last edit: March 28, 2016, 11:20:42 AM by xetsr

TL;DR:
Seller is whining that dooglus helped fix code on a site where no one lost any money.. also he's a little bitch.

So, I guess it's not fair that other ponzi script sellers receive negative trust while being called scumbags?

This does make those who have been leaving negative feedback for ponzi supporters look bad. Their reasoning for such feedback would suggest that dooglus deserves negative too. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.

FYI: I don't think dooglus deserves negative feedback over this. That being said, I don't think a few others deserve the negative feedback they've received. I don't see the problem with a ponzi clearly advertised as just that, a ponzi, unless they're using terms like "guarantees" and etc. It all comes down to trust. You would need to trust the ponzi operator not to run with funds before the ponzi collapses due to no more investors. Damn! By saying that, I think I just earned myself some negative trust for supporting a ponzi scheme  Cheesy

EDIT:
Just seen the other thread.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 12:48:18 PM

I'm not sure but it might be that a ponzi can be advertised as a form of gambling without risking legal threats. Though that would only work when every investor had to be aware of it being a ponzi and that he could lose all of his investment once no new investors pay in their money.

Though even so, I think there are laws against snowballsystems in general, so I'm not sure if these are based on the sole fact that they work that way or only can apply if people took part without fully get informed about the risk, like a big warning above the investment form or something like that.

Guess that's something a lawyer should check.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:25:03 PM

Each person has their own philosophy on ponzis, but this is the scam accusation section. Unless you are claiming that Dooglus is directly involved in a ponzi that has already scammed people, this is the wrong section. I'd move the thread to reputation or something similar, but I'll leave it to you for a while to either make an accusation that would support this thread being in scam accusation, or move it.

I guess if we are trying to get rid of the philosophy of ponzis, and get straight to the question, does Dooglus owe anyone money?

The biggest point I want to stress here, is my opinion asside, even looking from both my perspective and counter my perspective, via mine there is no scam accusation, and via counter, the scam accusation is incredibly shakey at best. From both perspectives, I'd say what is really in question here is a moral question as to how people view Dooglus' actions, which would belong in reputation rather than scam accusation. If what I've said is wrong and I've misinterpreted what you are going for, please feel free to move the thread back to scam accusations. I'm solely trying to help you put your thread in the correct board.

Frankly I don't care about the outcome for either of you, I have no stake in any of this, short of making sure the thread is in the location it belongs.

The fact that you moved it back to scam accusations means that you interpret the situation differently, and fully intend to persue the thread as a scam accusation, rather than the reputation thread I thought you were going for. Pretty sure I said that was fine, just making sure thats what you intend to do, because it didn't seem like it to me. Is there a specific part of what I said that you are unhappy with, or are you just trying to get your thread more exposure?
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:47:46 PM

Frankly I don't care about the outcome for either of you, I have no stake in any of this, short of making sure the thread is in the location it belongs.

The fact that you moved it back to scam accusations means that you interpret the situation differently, and fully intend to persue the thread as a scam accusation, rather than the reputation thread I thought you were going for. Pretty sure I said that was fine, just making sure thats what you intend to do, because it didn't seem like it to me. Is there a specific part of what I said that you are unhappy with, or are you just trying to get your thread more exposure?
I was hoping to discuss the section that the thread should be posted in.

You had posted that it would be okay for me to move the thread back, however by the time I looked at that specific part of your post closely (and saw that you wrote that), I had already invested ~1 hour into researching and formulating a response to everything else you wrote. I guess I didn't want that hour to go to waste.
bargainbin

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:47:52 PM

... I, for the record never scammed anyone ...

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 03:04:03 PM

I was hoping to discuss the section that the thread should be posted in.

You had posted that it would be okay for me to move the thread back, however by the time I looked at that specific part of your post closely (and saw that you wrote that), I had already invested ~1 hour into researching and formulating a response to everything else you wrote. I guess I didn't want that hour to go to waste.

Fair enough. I think I explained why in my opinion it (as it is now) belongs in reputation rather than scam accusations. But I'll briefly recap what it was that makes me see it that way.

Your claim: Dooglus fixed bugs in a ponzi scheme script, therefore he is liable to some extent, as the ponzi scheme operators used his script.

your statement:

It seems that some people feel that "supporting" a ponzi in any way is considered to be scamming, and editing code for a ponzi certainly would fall under the category of "supporting" a ponzi.

Even more people are strongly against the sale of ponzi scripts and the advertising of a ponzi in their signature, which is very similar to the benefits that dooglus has provided.

Is what really gives it the ole reputation feel. A scam report is absolute. You make a claim, Party A is responsible for scamming Party B for this amount in this manner. This snipet of your OP to me reads. Some people don't like ponzis, and find them scammy or unethical, Dooglus is involved with supporting a ponzi to an extent, do the rest of you find this unethical as well? This part really feels like you are trying to alert people of Dooglus' questionable actions, and asking people to evaluate his character due to involvement in a ponzi, rather than claiming that Dooglus' involvement has directly caused this many Bitcoins to be stolen.

Of course, there are a lot of other details, but I don't really care about anything other than your claim, as thats all that is needed for classifying the thread. That is why I believe that the thread belonged in Reputation rather than Scam Accusations, however, I also understand that it's not a moderators privilege to substantiate or judge your claims, which is why I told you outright that you are welcome to move it back if you personally intended on persuing the thread as a scam accusation rather than a reputation thread. At this moment, I'd say with about a 95% degree of certainty, it is a reputation thread, however, that doesn't account for additional information you intend to post, nor your intentions on the direction you plan to take the thread. I found it very possible that you could change the direction you are taking things, and decide to pursue it as a scam accusation, which is why I said you are welcome to move it back to scam accusations.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:57:39 PM

My claim is that dooglus is an accomplice to a scammer because he made a tool that will help said scammer steal from others.

Then your claim is false. I didn't make the tool. I made a trivial bug fix to an existing tool. Also, the site I made the change for didn't steal from anyone or attempt to steal from anyone.

As usual you have your facts wrong. But you know that. For some reason you seem to want to discredit me when I've done nothing wrong. Is this still because I disagreed with you about timespacepilot? Really you need to get over it. Sometimes people are going to disagree with you.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Quickseller (OP)
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
March 29, 2016, 06:24:00 AM

Your claim: Dooglus fixed bugs in a ponzi scheme script, therefore he is liable to some extent, as the ponzi scheme operators used his script.

your statement:

It seems that some people feel that "supporting" a ponzi in any way is considered to be scamming, and editing code for a ponzi certainly would fall under the category of "supporting" a ponzi.

Even more people are strongly against the sale of ponzi scripts and the advertising of a ponzi in their signature, which is very similar to the benefits that dooglus has provided.

Is what really gives it the ole reputation feel. A scam report is absolute. You make a claim, Party A is responsible for scamming Party B for this amount in this manner. This snipet of your OP to me reads. Some people don't like ponzis, and find them scammy or unethical, Dooglus is involved with supporting a ponzi to an extent, do the rest of you find this unethical as well? This part really feels like you are trying to alert people of Dooglus' questionable actions, and asking people to evaluate his character due to involvement in a ponzi, rather than claiming that Dooglus' involvement has directly caused this many Bitcoins to be stolen.
I was hoping that others would come to the conclusion on their own, and have been somewhat pushing the bolded theory based on my statements in the thread saying that the ponzi script in question would outright not work if it was not for dooglus's help in coding the script. I will edit my OP tomorrow afternoon/evening to give more clarity in this claim, although the exact amount of money stolen is difficult to determine due to the open source nature of the script in question -- a minimum figure should probably be possible though, as well as a solicitation for people to report amounts lost on various ponzis that used the script in question. 

Of course, there are a lot of other details, but I don't really care about anything other than your claim, as thats all that is needed for classifying the thread. That is why I believe that the thread belonged in Reputation rather than Scam Accusations, however, I also understand that it's not a moderators privilege to substantiate or judge your claims, which is why I told you outright that you are welcome to move it back if you personally intended on persuing the thread as a scam accusation rather than a reputation thread. At this moment, I'd say with about a 95% degree of certainty, it is a reputation thread, however, that doesn't account for additional information you intend to post, nor your intentions on the direction you plan to take the thread. I found it very possible that you could change the direction you are taking things, and decide to pursue it as a scam accusation, which is why I said you are welcome to move it back to scam accusations.
This is very much appreciated.
thesame12

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:54:37 AM

My claim is that dooglus is an accomplice to a scammer because he made a tool that will help said scammer steal from others.

Then your claim is false. I didn't make the tool. I made a trivial bug fix to an existing tool. Also, the site I made the change for didn't steal from anyone or attempt to steal from anyone.

As usual you have your facts wrong. But you know that. For some reason you seem to want to discredit me when I've done nothing wrong. Is this still because I disagreed with you about timespacepilot? Really you need to get over it. Sometimes people are going to disagree with you.

Would you mind linking to the original code for the tool?
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 05:14:26 AM

Would you mind linking to the original code for the tool?

You can check the ancestry of a github repository by looking at the "forked from" links in the top left corner.

dooglus/CryptoPonzi forked from
  ClamBaker/CryptoPonzi forked from
    Crypton33/CryptoPonzi

I don't know if Crypton33's repo is the original code or not.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
royalgoldeneagle

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 02:33:24 PM

I love how quickseller pursuing personal vendetta back to dooglus. This guy totally deserve red trust, not sure why all you folks give him trust back just because the "self escrow" incident was considered "unethical" only. Give him red and he will stay from this community, and we can all live our life without even need to have some drama with QS
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: