Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:47:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: mac wallet compile  (Read 3170 times)
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 07:43:07 PM

What you posted doesn't make sense if you're trying to build on the old architecture (unless that's the mistake you fixed manually).  Here's what happens when I run qmake RELEASE=1 USE_QRCODE=1:

Code:
CC            = clang
CXX           = clang++
DEFINES       = -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_IPV6 -DUSE_QRCODE -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -DMAC_OSX -DMSG_NOSIGNAL=0 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED
CFLAGS        = -pipe -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -O2 -arch x86_64 -Wall -W $(DEFINES)
CXXFLAGS      = -pipe -stdlib=libc++ -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -fstack-protector -O2 -arch x86_64 -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES $(DEFINES)

Your new error should be resolved by doing this in terminal:
Code:
xcode-select --install

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
ironsniper (OP)

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 07:45:38 PM

What you posted doesn't make sense if you're trying to build on the old architecture (unless that's the mistake you fixed manually).  Here's what happens when I run qmake RELEASE=1 USE_QRCODE=1:

Code:
CC            = clang
CXX           = clang++
DEFINES       = -DQT_GUI -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DUSE_IPV6 -DUSE_QRCODE -DUSE_UPNP=1 -DSTATICLIB -DHAVE_BUILD_INFO -DMAC_OSX -DMSG_NOSIGNAL=0 -DQT_NO_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED
CFLAGS        = -pipe -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -O2 -arch x86_64 -Wall -W $(DEFINES)
CXXFLAGS      = -pipe -stdlib=libc++ -mmacosx-version-min=10.7 -mmacosx-version-min=10.5 -arch i386 -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.5.sdk -fstack-protector -O2 -arch x86_64 -fdiagnostics-show-option -Wall -Wextra -Wformat -Wformat-security -Wno-unused-parameter -D__NO_SYSTEM_INCLUDES $(DEFINES)

Your new error should be resolved by doing this in terminal:
Code:
xcode-select --install

i already have the command line tools installed
jonnybravo0311
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1023

Mine at Jonny's Pool

View Profile WWW
April 13, 2016, 08:07:17 PM

Well then I don't know what to tell you.  Something strange is going on with your build machine.  The Makefile you posted doesn't match the output of what should be there with RELEASE=1.  The library it is complaining about comes as a part of the command line tools.  Are you sure you have the proper versions of Xcode and the CLT installed for the version of the OS you're trying to use?

Jonny's Pool - Mine with us and help us grow!  Support a pool that supports Bitcoin, not a hardware manufacturer's pockets!  No SPV cheats.  No empty blocks.
ironsniper (OP)

View Profile
April 13, 2016, 08:15:09 PM

Well then I don't know what to tell you.  Something strange is going on with your build machine.  The Makefile you posted doesn't match the output of what should be there with RELEASE=1.  The library it is complaining about comes as a part of the command line tools.  Are you sure you have the proper versions of Xcode and the CLT installed for the version of the OS you're trying to use?
yup
ironsniper (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 12:52:01 AM

am i correct in assuming that in order to compile a wallet to work on 10.6 and up i need to compile it on 10.6?
cr1776
Legendary

Activity: 4046
Merit: 1301

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:03:10 AM

am i correct in assuming that in order to compile a wallet to work on 10.6 and up i need to compile it on 10.6?

I don't think so.  Likewise I don't think 0.9.4 was tested on pre-10.7 systems so that may be part of the issue.
ironsniper (OP)

View Profile
April 15, 2016, 01:04:29 AM

if i remember right 0.9.4 is compiled with qt5, i avoid any code compiled with qt5 as i have nothing but issues, what i compile is qt4
ironsniper (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2016, 07:21:45 PM
Last edit: April 16, 2016, 09:25:45 PM by ironsniper

does anyone know how to fix this error message? i get it from some coins but not others

Code:
Undefined symbols for architecture x86_64:
  "Db::verify(char const*, char const*, std::__1::basic_ostream<char, std::__1::char_traits<char> >*, unsigned int)", referenced from:
      CDBEnv::Verify(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >,
bool (*)(CDBEnv&, std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >)) in db.o
      CDBEnv::Salvage(std::__1::basic_string<char, std::__1::char_traits<char>, std::__1::allocator<char> >, bool, std::__1::vector<std::__1::pair<std::__1::vector<unsigned char, std::__1::allocator<unsigned char> >,
std::__1::vector<unsigned char, std::__1::allocator<unsigned char> > >, std::__1::allocator<std::__1::pair<std::__1::vector<unsigned char, std::__1::allocator<unsigned char> >, std::__1::vector<unsigned char,
std::__1::allocator<unsigned char> > > > >&) in db.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture x86_64
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
make: *** [coinname-Qt.app/Contents/MacOS/coinname-Qt] Error 1
14:12:31: The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project coinnqm-qt (kit: Desktop)
When executing step "Make"
bumbacoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 01:30:45 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2016, 01:51:21 PM by bumbacoin

i googled the above post error, and possibly it's to do with yr db version.

----

probably not relevant any more to this thread Smiley
but you can see which dependencies are linked where by right clicking on coin-qt > show package contents > then navigate into Contents/MacOS
then do an otools on the coin-qt exec
something like

otools -L coin-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/coin-qt

then you can see if some of the deps are not correctly simlinked.

. i generally type otools -L then click drag the exec onto the command line and it completes full address for me

--

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
bumbacoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 01:46:14 PM

i have a problem with building a stand alone app from 0.9.x up
how do you package the exec into an app?

./autogen.sh
        ./configure --with-gui=qt5
        make

ends up with bitcoin-qt in the qt folder, but i canna work out how to app it :p

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
ironsniper (OP)

View Profile
April 18, 2016, 02:28:52 PM

i googled the above post error, and possibly it's to do with yr db version.

----

probably not relevant any more to this thread Smiley
but you can see which dependencies are linked where by right clicking on coin-qt > show package contents > then navigate into Contents/MacOS
then do an otools on the coin-qt exec
something like

otools -L coin-qt.app/Contents/MacOS/coin-qt

then you can see if some of the deps are not correctly simlinked.

. i generally type otools -L then click drag the exec onto the command line and it completes full address for me

--

no it is not db thanks to someone else i have gotten it figured out, as to your other question i gave up trying to compile any coin based off of 0.9 source code for mac i only do 0.9 for windows
ironsniper (OP)

View Profile
April 20, 2016, 02:23:47 AM

hey all so i am working on a mac wallet and have packaged up the app and when i run it i get this error message

Code:
Error: Specified data directory "" does not exist.
bumbacoin
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2016, 04:00:01 AM

hey all so i am working on a mac wallet and have packaged up the app and when i run it i get this error message

Code:

never seen such an error,
you could try specifiying a datadir
open a command line console
type

open blah/blah/qt.app --args -datadir=blah/blah/choosedatadir

💦☔️🐳💚💖💛
go to
cryptobetfair.com
ask for a voucher

████████████████
██████████████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████
███████████
█████████
███████████
████████████
████████████
███████████
█████████████
██████████████
███████████████
████████████████
████████████████
🐠👻🍗🌳🐵
ironsniper (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 04:44:51 AM

Code:

never seen such an error,
you could try specifiying a datadir
open a command line console
type

open blah/blah/qt.app --args -datadir=blah/blah/choosedatadir

nope that didnt work and now for some reason when i try to package the apps and try to run them they just crash, i have messed up my compiler bad
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: