Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 08:40:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC  (Read 21840 times)
BasementMiner! (OP)

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 03:03:48 AM

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 03:04:58 AM

Copy/pasta:

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT - "Tom" or "Dave" is no longer affiliated with this company in anyway. We are a specialized devision of a huge corporate electronics manufacturer in Canada and we want you to get to know us before we take even 1 order. Ordering has been suspended for now and we are sorting out the banking and tax issues with Tom. Hopefully he does the right thing and for his credit he has givin us zero indication that he does not have full intention of doing the right thing. Luckily for everyone Tom seems to be doing the best he can to refund every single customer in a timely fashion. Now I know we lost most of our customers and that is fine. We plan to show full video proof before we take 1 single order and unlike some competitors these shipments willl be coming from the USA and will include USPS tracking numbers (DHL for international customer) Now for the hard truth We have strong reason to believe that BFL has been stringing you along all this time beause it needed your money to cover their R&D / NRE costs, its quite likely they are even using Pre-sale orders to pay their employees saleries which i am not sure of US law but is illegal in Canada. BEWARE OF BFL. ITS ALL LIES. Their terms of service contract is basically setup so they can legally take your money and there is nothing you can do about it. Yes Finally! Avalon comes out with the first ASIC device but how many will we actually see in customers hands by months end. How about the end of Febuary, March? These numbers will be very low. The sheer unprofessionalism of the supossid leaders in this industry is down right appaling talking about Bitcoin in general it's mind boggling - how these companies like BFL and bASIC can just string their customers along for months and no one comes out with anything better. My company has been developing custom ASIC and FPGA based solutions for decades we work in the military and telecommunications sectors and can accomplish this task at ease. We currently have a full functioning and hashing prototype which we plan to bring to production next week. We understand time critical solutions and it is our specialty. Instead of a full Standard CELL ASIC whch takes AGES to complete low success rates and extremey high NRE we are using FPGA hard copies of what is probably the best FPGA Bitcoin mining core in history (no it is not open source sorry ). Our ASIC chips can mine at over 2 gh/s comfortably and at a very low clock, which will ensure excellent heat disapation as well as chip longetivity. The inexpensive nature of the manufacturer of these chips will allow us to build machines that will use a large number of cheap chips and still keep electrical rates down to a reasonable level. These will be fully enclosed devices, not as cleaver as as our friends at Avalon with their stand alone wifi devices but they will include 25 FPGA hard copy ASICS which will use a maximum of 200watts per device. They will however require a host computer. The best part of our device is the speed at which we can develop them. We have a fully functional PCB fab and electronics assembly as well as a fully functional SHIPPING DEPARTMENT in house and we have already begun this process. I know it's a bit late in the game to introduce a product such as this but we wanted our news to get out there in the main stream. Tom is out. We are in. the bASIC is officially DEAD. Get ready for a 50Gh/s ASIC Based device shipping from the US with tracking and no none sense. There will be no deadline back outs and no B.S. We purchased this company from Tom for many reasons but the main reason is his un revealed completed design that can easily be converted to support 25 hard copy ASICS. The hardest work for us is already completed , Believe it or not, this IS happening and like I said before you will see a youtube video of this device hashing along before we ever ask for one red cent from the community. We cannot give an exact date at this time but It would not surprise me in the slightest that our first device ships before BFL. Professionals have taken this over and professionalism which is long over due in this industry will make all the difference. Please watch our you tube channel (coming soon) for a video of the device hashing by next week at the latest. Once the video has been shot we have decided to ship the device to conman who in my opinion develops the best Bitcoin mining software available. Please check back for more updates.
enmaku

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 03:09:40 AM

Copy/pasta:

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT - "Tom" or "Dave" is no longer affiliated with this company in anyway. We are a specialized devision of a huge corporate electronics manufacturer in Canada and we want you to get to know us before we take even 1 order. Ordering has been suspended for now and we are sorting out the banking and tax issues with Tom. Hopefully he does the right thing and for his credit he has givin us zero indication that he does not have full intention of doing the right thing. Luckily for everyone Tom seems to be doing the best he can to refund every single customer in a timely fashion. Now I know we lost most of our customers and that is fine. We plan to show full video proof before we take 1 single order and unlike some competitors these shipments willl be coming from the USA and will include USPS tracking numbers (DHL for international customer) Now for the hard truth We have strong reason to believe that BFL has been stringing you along all this time beause it needed your money to cover their R&D / NRE costs, its quite likely they are even using Pre-sale orders to pay their employees saleries which i am not sure of US law but is illegal in Canada. BEWARE OF BFL. ITS ALL LIES. Their terms of service contract is basically setup so they can legally take your money and there is nothing you can do about it. Yes Finally! Avalon comes out with the first ASIC device but how many will we actually see in customers hands by months end. How about the end of Febuary, March? These numbers will be very low. The sheer unprofessionalism of the supossid leaders in this industry is down right appaling talking about Bitcoin in general it's mind boggling - how these companies like BFL and bASIC can just string their customers along for months and no one comes out with anything better. My company has been developing custom ASIC and FPGA based solutions for decades we work in the military and telecommunications sectors and can accomplish this task at ease. We currently have a full functioning and hashing prototype which we plan to bring to production next week. We understand time critical solutions and it is our specialty. Instead of a full Standard CELL ASIC whch takes AGES to complete low success rates and extremey high NRE we are using FPGA hard copies of what is probably the best FPGA Bitcoin mining core in history (no it is not open source sorry ). Our ASIC chips can mine at over 2 gh/s comfortably and at a very low clock, which will ensure excellent heat disapation as well as chip longetivity. The inexpensive nature of the manufacturer of these chips will allow us to build machines that will use a large number of cheap chips and still keep electrical rates down to a reasonable level. These will be fully enclosed devices, not as cleaver as as our friends at Avalon with their stand alone wifi devices but they will include 25 FPGA hard copy ASICS which will use a maximum of 200watts per device. They will however require a host computer. The best part of our device is the speed at which we can develop them. We have a fully functional PCB fab and electronics assembly as well as a fully functional SHIPPING DEPARTMENT in house and we have already begun this process. I know it's a bit late in the game to introduce a product such as this but we wanted our news to get out there in the main stream. Tom is out. We are in. the bASIC is officially DEAD. Get ready for a 50Gh/s ASIC Based device shipping from the US with tracking and no none sense. There will be no deadline back outs and no B.S. We purchased this company from Tom for many reasons but the main reason is his un revealed completed design that can easily be converted to support 25 hard copy ASICS. The hardest work for us is already completed , Believe it or not, this IS happening and like I said before you will see a youtube video of this device hashing along before we ever ask for one red cent from the community. We cannot give an exact date at this time but It would not surprise me in the slightest that our first device ships before BFL. Professionals have taken this over and professionalism which is long over due in this industry will make all the difference. Please watch our you tube channel (coming soon) for a video of the device hashing by next week at the latest. Once the video has been shot we have decided to ship the device to conman who in my opinion develops the best Bitcoin mining software available. Please check back for more updates.

Dear God, what I would give for some line breaks in that wall-o-text...
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 03:51:24 AM

a serious WTF?!!??!?! is going on... did the site get hacked or is this for real?!

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
nbtcminer

Activity: 249
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 03:52:59 AM

wow. . .

Some of my fellow Canucks have bought out bASIC and apparently plan to move ahead with a product launch??? Interesting.
ralree

Activity: 518

Manateeeeeeees

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 03:58:26 AM

"devision" - really professional.  Glad I have no money in that anymore.

1MANaTeEZoH4YkgMYz61E5y4s9BYhAuUjG
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:03:27 AM

"devision" - really professional.  Glad I have no money in that anymore.

Stopped reading after that. I'll just check back in a few weeks to see what ever happened to bASIC.
dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:03:33 AM

Apparently a "huge corporate electronics manufacturer" has resorted to libel and is now attacking BFL, bASIC, and Avalon—all at once. And to add to the word power, look at their excellent spelling!

• anyway
  • devision
  • givin
  • its
  • saleries
  • setup
  • months
  • supossid
  • disapation
  • longetivity
  • cleaver
  • none sense
  • un revealed
  • conman
hackjealousy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:04:06 AM

Professionals?  Perhaps.

Spellers?  No.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:06:54 AM

lol

Why would anyone srs buy the steaming pile that's what remains of bASIC?

They say they have their own chips of a different design, so it wasn't for the chips.

There are no customers left, so it wasn't for that.

There are plenty of liabilities left, like a lot of BTC refunds needing to be paid out.

:head scratch:

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 04:10:29 AM

Utter bullshit! My apologies for not having those words in 50pt+ bold font.

If there are not at least three dozen grammatical errors in that text, I will leave Bitcoin forever,--never to return.

Professional, my fuckin' ass! Either the site was hacked, and would be the perfect excuse for Tom to declare once he reads the feedback, or the new team consists of idiots to the nth degree, and truly believe their line of bullshit will result is sales, read pre-orders--again!

bASIC is dead! End of story. No viable entity worth their salt would touch this with a barge-pole.

I hope these nameless bastards show their face so I can tell them what kind of fucked up idiots they are. Anybody who believes elsewise, didn't read pass what I quoted below, for that's where the first grammatically error occurs.

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT - "Tom" or "Dave" is no longer affiliated with this company in anyway. We are a specialized devision(
Sitarow
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:13:56 AM

Third party drop-ins

If you are using a third party drop-in such as one of the popular Content Management Systems--WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Movable Type, TypePad, Wordsmith, DotNetNuke, PHP Nuke, etc.--keep up to date on patches/updates. Since so many sites use these drop-ins, attackers know that if they can find a vulnerability in one of these, then there are thousands of sites that they can find to exploit and compromise. WordPress is currently the most popular CMS. Professional websites that get millions of hits a day use it. According to their site, hundreds of thousands of sites use it; imagine how that appeals to attackers. Hackers make extraordinary efforts to discover vulnerabilities in WordPress because of the large footprint of users they could compromise using that single vulnerability. Do not assume that if it's a 3rd party application it is secure. If your site has been compromised, and you use a 3rd party drop-in, check for and apply any available updates immediately and consider consulting the vendor's forums to determine if other users have been affected and whether a new patch will be made available soon.

Recovering from and dealing with a site compromise!
hackjealousy

Activity: 53
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:14:23 AM

[...]
Professional, my fuckin' ass!
[...]

I should forward you some email from my last general manager.  This was positively lucid in comparison.
cosmicone

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:14:29 AM

The best is at the bottom:

Pre-order today 800+ already have.

There should be a button beside that which say: Refund your order today!  800+ already have.
franky1
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 4406

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:30:10 AM
Last edit: February 01, 2013, 04:41:21 AM by franky1

UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT - "Tom" or "Dave" is no longer affiliated with this company in anyway.

hint one: Tom/Dave must be the same person or it would have read: Tom and Dave are no longer...

We plan to show full video proof before we take 1 single order and unlike some competitors these shipments willl be coming from the USA and will include USPS tracking numbers (DHL for international customer)

great so far. holding off till they actually have a product. that way they can plan batch allotments and know how many pre-orders through before closing that batch.

Now for the hard truth We have strong reason to believe that BFL has been stringing you along all this time beause it needed your money to cover their R&D / NRE costs, its quite likely they are even using Pre-sale orders to pay their employees saleries which i am not sure of US law but is illegal in Canada. BEWARE OF BFL. ITS ALL LIES.

although i agree with the statement from a professional business point of view. making public statements based on opinion is grey area libal.. becareful.. dont getting a "slagging match" reducing your professionalism. try critisism with a flare of elegance and subtle meaning.  
Yes Finally! Avalon comes out with the first ASIC device but how many will we actually see in customers hands by months end.
300 if you include the next few days, they should arrive before the weekend from all announcements and whispers

The sheer unprofessionalism of the supossid leaders in this industry is down right appaling talking about Bitcoin in general it's mind boggling - how these companies like BFL and bASIC can just string their customers along for months and no one comes out with anything better.

now this is the point i start to think, hang on. you have slated another company.. and have many grammar inaccuracies..
the professionalism is starting to evaporate.
i myself dont write for my business the same way i would as i would on forums, so my bad grammar is acceptable to me here, but not on a business announcement.

My company has been developing custom ASIC and FPGA based solutions for decades we work in the military and telecommunications sectors and can accomplish this task at ease.
company name? details?

We currently have a full functioning and hashing prototype which we plan to bring to production next week. We understand time critical solutions and it is our specialty.

wow u invented a ASIC and in under a week you will start taking pre-orders. WOW amazing.. pfft

Instead of a full Standard CELL ASIC whch takes AGES to complete low success rates and extremey high NRE we are using FPGA hard copies of what is probably the best FPGA Bitcoin mining core in history (no it is not open source sorry ).

so throwing existent FPGA chips into a big box all wired together. basically.. just a shame your decades of knowledge and equipment you should already have and not need to purchase due to your military ASIC projects can't produce a chip on the cheap. but at least you have half explained yourself out of how you will suddenly be able to start begging for cash in a few weeks

Our ASIC chips
cough FPGA cough

can mine at over 2 gh/s comfortably and at a very low clock, which will ensure excellent heat disapation as well as chip longetivity. The inexpensive nature of the manufacturer of these chips will allow us to build machines that will use a large number of cheap chips and still keep electrical rates down to a reasonable level. These will be fully enclosed devices, not as cleaver as as our friends at Avalon with their stand alone wifi devices but they will include 25 FPGA hard copy ASICS
which will use a maximum of 200watts per device.

now im thinking you have no idea the difference between an ASIC and a FPGA but 25 chips at 2Ghash thats atleast something worth noting.. 50Ghash product

They will however require a host computer. The best part of our device is the speed at which we can develop them. We have a fully functional PCB fab and electronics assembly as well as a fully functional SHIPPING DEPARTMENT in house and we have already begun this process. I know it's a bit late in the game to introduce a product such as this but we wanted our news to get out there in the main stream. Tom is out. We are in. the bASIC is officially DEAD. Get ready for a 50Gh/s ASIC Based device shipping from the US with tracking and no none sense. There will be no deadline back outs and no B.S. We purchased this company from Tom for many reasons but the main reason is his un revealed completed design that can easily be converted to support 25 hard copy ASICS. The hardest work for us is already completed ,

so from seeing Toms 'secret recipe' to already having a prototype.. that is quick

Believe it or not, this IS happening and like I said before you will see a youtube video of this device hashing along before we ever ask for one red cent from the community. We cannot give an exact date at this time but It would not surprise me in the slightest that our first device ships before BFL. Professionals have taken this over and professionalism which is long over due in this industry will make all the difference.

could have started your professionalism with a better pre-drafted out announcement.

Please watch our you tube channel (coming soon) for a video of the device hashing by next week at the latest. Once the video has been shot we have decided to ship the device to conman who in my opinion develops the best Bitcoin mining software available. Please check back for more updates.

too many holes.. im going to hold out till batch 2 Cheesy and even worse spelling, grammar and paragraph layout then me.. and that's saying something

I DO NOT TRADE OR ACT AS ESCROW ON THIS FORUM EVER.
Please do your own research & respect what is written here as both opinion & information gleaned from experience. many people replying with insults but no on-topic content substance, automatically are 'facepalmed' and yawned at
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:31:30 AM

Wall of text with no line breaks. Poor html hack together. Spelling errors. Grammar errors. Bashing the competition. Totally vague about who they really are. Claiming Tom is permanently out. Claiming they can throw together a FPGA hardcopy with Tom's 4x4=16 chip board (adapted to a 5x5=25 chip board, I'm assuming?), and be shipping "Before BFL", which I take to mean March '13. 30 days. Really?

My favorite part:
The sheer unprofessionalism of the supossid leaders in this industry is down right appaling talking about Bitcoin in general it's mind boggling - how these companies like BFL and bASIC can just string their customers along for months and no one comes out with anything better.

Either Tom got drunk again, and started posting shit, or bASIC is screwed worse than they were before.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
dree12
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:34:00 AM

Wall of text with no line breaks. Poor html hack together. Spelling errors. Grammar errors. Bashing the competition. Totally vague about who they really are. Claiming Tom is permanently out. Claiming they can throw together a FPGA hardcopy with Tom's 4x4=16 chip board (adapted to a 5x5=25 chip board, I'm assuming?), and be shipping "Before BFL", which I take to mean March '13. 30 days. Really?

My favorite part:

Either Tom got drunk again, and started posting shit, or bASIC is screwed worse than they were before.
"Before BFL" is used figuratively. It means, "before the heat death of the universe".
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 04:39:52 AM

FYI, I started penning my post above when there were only three replies to this thread, hence reiterating the grammatical aspect already brought to light.

800+ pre-sold my ass! I bet you not one of them has the balls enough to declare that they pre-ordered from the new bASIC if one did exist.

Cablepair in 5... 4... 3...

CP: My website was hacked and I can't get into it. Don't believe a word ever written on it.

...how these companies like BFL and bASIC can just string their customers along for months and no one comes out with anything better.

Is he dissing the company he just took over?
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 05:47:17 AM

I just wonder when will AMD join the game...  Their stock performance is miserable, this might be the chance to turn the tide for the company, they could easily produce the most advanced ASIC devices using their 40nm process and very mature cooling solution, then we will back to the old gpu mining era  Grin Grin

dree12
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 05:48:31 AM

I just wonder when will AMD join the game...  Their stock performance is miserable, this might be the chance to turn the tide for the company, they could easily produce the most advanced ASIC devices using their 40nm process and very mature cooling solution, then we will back to the old gpu mining era  Grin Grin

Like, 0.1% of their GPU sales are for mining. The market isn't big enough for AMD ASIC yet.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: