Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 01:13:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC  (Read 21840 times)
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 06:17:05 AM

Copy/pasta:

Once the video has been shot we have decided to ship the device to conman who in my opinion develops the best Bitcoin mining software available. Please check back for more updates.
Well it's nice they decided to use me as their primary software developer if something ever goes ahead... but given conman is my IRC nickname and it holds certain "connotations", it would probably have been better to use my real name  Wink

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 06:20:54 AM

Not that I believe this is legitimate, but many business managers and technical engineering types actually don't have great spelling/grammar/etc (or don't care).  Some of the emails I received from those sorts were worse than this even was.  Just something to think about...
dirtycat

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 06:23:25 AM

fake or not I would feel a lot better ordering a product from a company that can tell you this:

you will see a youtube video of this device hashing along before we ever ask for one red cent from the community

but until then I guess we have to pass the bill in order to see whats in it.. err or wait that's something else.

poop!
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 06:27:00 AM

I just wonder when will AMD join the game...  Their stock performance is miserable, this might be the chance to turn the tide for the company, they could easily produce the most advanced ASIC devices using their 40nm process and very mature cooling solution, then we will back to the old gpu mining era  Grin Grin

Like, 0.1% of their GPU sales are for mining. The market isn't big enough for AMD ASIC yet.

I guess many of their high end GPU were bought to mine coins. This day is not far away if BTC price rise enough high, making ASIC devices are much eaiser than graphic cards, they need only a small project setup, and their 32nm process is already mature

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 06:48:38 AM

Not that I believe this is legitimate, but many business managers and technical engineering types actually don't have great spelling/grammar/etc (or don't care).  Some of the emails I received from those sorts were worse than this even was.  Just something to think about...

Possibly, but to put up a wall of text on an official website, coupled with having it improperly formatted on the page doesn't look like something some self-professed professional should do if they want to be taken seriously. Atlas, off his medication, could have done better.
tnkflx

Activity: 349

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 09:11:17 AM

I consider Tom & BTCFPGA a SCAM: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140472.0

| Operating electrum.be & us.electrum.be |
nathanrees19

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 09:26:46 AM

Kinda looks like Tom or comproTom (aka drunk Tom, the supposedly compromised account that stirred up some drama recently).
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 12:25:51 PM

bASIC is dead! End of story. No viable entity worth their salt would touch this with a barge-pole.

Well, I'm not so sure about this. If bASIC had a viable (albeit poorly run) strategy before and basic chip processes nailed down, I don't see why another company couldn't come in, take over, and clean up the mess left over.

However, the keyboard vomit that is that wall of text isn't indicative of a "professional company" coming in...at least none that I've ever seen. It looks like some kid on Adderall sat down and started trying to type something convincing.

I am curious to see how this plays out, even though they're not getting any business from me.

miter_myles

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 12:43:18 PM

Sadly new people to bitcoin and/or the scene may accidentally pre-order from that piece of shit site.

Anything / Everything bASIC and Tom need to be labeled as scams/scammer..

Speaking of Drunk "ComproTom", a couple classics:

http://imageshack.us/a/img687/9982/tom22jansummary.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img42/4645/tom22janbasicrefundthre.png

http://imageshack.us/a/img163/2263/tom22janavalonthread.png

BTC - 1D7g5395bs7idApTx1KTXrfDW7JUgzx6Z5
LTC - LVFukQnCWUimBxZuXKqTVKy1L2Jb8kZasL
hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 12:54:57 PM

Sorry.... time to call for a SCAMMER tag.

https://www.bitcoinasic.net

"Once the video has been shot we have decided to ship the device to conman who in my opinion develops the best Bitcoin mining software available."

so the "WE" becomes "my"

" We are in. the bASIC is officially DEAD."

on a website that continually mentions "BASIC"

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1630

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 01:19:39 PM

Sure their first post is "unprofessional", but they're not asking you to send millions of dollars before there's any proof the hardware exists...

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 01:49:02 PM

Sure their first post is "unprofessional", but they're not asking you to send millions of dollars before there's any proof the hardware exists...

Not directly, true. But I was under the impression it was implied after they noted "not to by from BFL, Avalon, or bASIC" since they're "all lies". I suppose that leaves ASICMiner Cheesy

miter_myles

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 01:53:23 PM

Meh - at this point, let the blind sheep continue to follow and throw money at this turd hole if they wish

Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 01:54:24 PM

This!

I am really hoping this is real.  Grammar and spelling aside the jist of the post rings true for me.  The way all ASIC vendors so far have forced the community to shoulder ALL the risk basically is unbelievable for a newb like me!  Add to that the absolute trainwrek PR and customer service shown by the current players and I feel like this isn't the real world anymore but some wild west cowboy shoot out!

I for one will be watching and waiting for sufficient proof, if there is a new player here and they prove to my satisfaction they are different that the current two vendors (who will never receive and order from me) then I will in all likely hood buy a couple of devices as I have a few bucks kicking around and am DYING to get into the mining game.

if this is more bull shit oh well but personally I will wait a little while and see as I have nothing to lose by doing that!

repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:06:50 PM

Possibly, but to put up a wall of text on an official website, coupled with having it improperly formatted on the page doesn't look like something some self-professed professional should do if they want to be taken seriously. Atlas, off his medication, could have done better.

Not to mention the fact that "huge corporate manufacturers" have whole PR teams who can actually spell and whose sole job is to promote their company as often and as loudly as possible.  There's not a snowflake's chance in hell that a representative of a "huge corporation" wouldn't be splashing the name of that corporation around all over the place, giving their real name and their contact details to everyone.

Anyone who claims to work for a "large corporation" and doesn't tell you at which office they can be located on which phone number they can be contacted is full of shit.  No exceptions.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:10:52 PM

The way all ASIC vendors so far have forced the community to shoulder ALL the risk basically is unbelievable

How so? The only one that's done it so far is Avalon...

server
Legendary

Activity: 892
Merit: 1002

1 BTC =1 BTC

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 02:17:52 PM

Kinda looks like Tom or comproTom (aka drunk Tom, the supposedly compromised account that stirred up some drama recently).

Exactly.

Use of language.. mistakes..

Let's hope it's Tom's last spasm Undecided

dunand

Activity: 637
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:16:09 PM

I sure that the Canadian benefactor and Conman can deliver.
miter_myles

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 04:17:07 PM

So, he sold it all to Asian Canadians?

RoboCoder

Activity: 388

Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 04:24:16 PM

.......this isn't the real world anymore but some wild west cowboy shoot out!

Welcome to Deadwood...
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: