Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 10:39:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: New Drama from BitcoinASIC  (Read 21840 times)
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:18:58 AM

I still hope Tom will come clean and describe what exactly happened over the past 4 months to have to the project end up like this in the end.  At this point, it seems bASIC is out of the game and talking about it likely won't preserve any competitive advantage anymore.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 04:51:30 AM

Well that certainly got tidied up.

CAN-ELECTRIC is here to offer you the Ehasher the next generation Bitcoin mining hardware that offers significant improvements from GPU-based and traditional FPGA based mining rigs and leaves the competition far behind in terms of enterprise level FPGA Hard Copy, PCB fabrication, Device Assembly, Customer Support, as well as our own enterprise level shipping department with in house logistics center that no competitor can hope to match.

Our FPGA Hard Copy process, PCB fab and Electrical unit Assembly takes place ENTIRELY In-House, giving us an incredible advantage over our competitors.

100 Gh/s    50 Gh/s
          1899.99      $999.99

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/

I like their two products already:

I'm going get the one on the right.

Now let me ask you this. What possibly could bitconasic bring to the table that CAN-ELECTRIC couldn't do without? Surely it wasn't the dwindling customer base. They would have done a helluva lot better as a standalone entity. But no, they opted for the excess baggage.

At least they got half the new naming right--CAN.

dree12
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1077

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:57:59 AM

Ayinda 1 city- Block G, No.21 Erbil/Iraq
P: +964 750 344 6566
Is this a "Canadian" company?
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:00:09 AM

The only Can Electric I can find is this company, whose physical address is listed as Iraq.  

http://www.canelectric.ca/index.php/contact-us

It's going to take a lot more than a claim on the old bASIC website to convince me that a reputable company has bought Tom out and is offering new products.  Not buying it until they post the kind of contact details which would allow one to ring the main switchboard of the company on the number in the phone book and get put through to a specific person in a specific division.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:24:30 AM

I am really hoping this is real.  Grammar and spelling aside the jist of the post rings true for me.  The way all ASIC vendors so far have forced the community to shoulder ALL the risk basically is unbelievable for a newb like me!  Add to that the absolute trainwrek PR and customer service shown by the current players and I feel like this isn't the real world anymore but some wild west cowboy shoot out!

Hey man, I think you might have a viable lawsuit on your hands if you were forced to purchase something.  Did they use a gun or a knife or something?  Was your family being held hostage until you ordered?  If you were forced into ordering something, it's under duress and you aren't liable for any contract you signed.  You should definitely consult a lawyer, I think you have a case!

BTW - just out of curiosity, which vendor(s) forced you to order?

More PR Genius...hollow threats of lawsuits to your customers...priceless...lol

God i hope it is true...BFL and your style are yesterday's news... whether it is true or not at some stage a real company is going to get involved and you PR Insights will be heard no more... Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
repentance

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:25:25 AM

They need to reveal who the parent company is...Lets hope it is real  Undecided

Technically they have.  But the only Can Electric people can find is a Canadian electricity company whose physical address is in Iraq.  I certainly can't find any "huge electronics corporation" by that name.  No-one's going to buy it without employee names and proper contact numbers.  Corporate employees are not anonymous.  You should be able to phone Can-Electric and ask to speak to Joe in the technology division.

They should be linking back to the parent company's website and doing everything possible to establish their bona fides.  So far, all they're doing is throwing up huge red flags of the kind which make people wonder if Tom himself is posting all this shit in an attempt to rebrand the project without people knowing he's involved.

Edit.  They are, indeed, claiming to be the Canadian electricity company (not "huge electronics corporation") based in Iraq.

https://www.bitcoinasic.net/index.php?route=information/contact

HardCopy is apparently a trademark of Altera and their fabrication is done by TSMC which does own TSMC Design Technology Canada but if you were associated with TSMC you'd be shouting it from the rooftops and not giving some obscure Iranian contact address and phone number.

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:28:39 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2013, 05:54:38 AM by puck2

What the f*&$ Shocked this is the strangest thing I've ever been tangentially related to. Who has my ~250 BTC and who the h#$% is Can-Electric and if it is anywhere near for real, will my so-called "pre-order" be honored? I swear this is starting to feel like a strange novel with me as one of the characters.
Boi qaaf

Activity: 345
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:46:48 AM

Hello, everybody. I'm Boi, but you can call me Bo. I'm am the new PR guy at Can Electric. We have graet things in th work, with a few serprices to bout. so Stay tuned!

regards,,

Bo

SP: To prove me reel, here an funy image of my cat slepping.

Visit YuTü.Ȼo.in's IȻO: Ȼommoditizing YouTube Ȼreator$' Brand$
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:50:49 AM

^ Finally! At least they now have somebody to maintain the sanity. You rock, Bo!
repentance

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:52:57 AM

Quote from: Boi qaaf
This is Bruno (will confirm in a sec by replying to post). I created this account mainly for the sole purpose as a character to interact in this game: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=121306.0

If I don't get out ASAP, I will fire up Nikki the Bitch and raise all kinds of hell provided, of course, theymos didn't permanently ban her (which I think he did).  

~Bruno~

Cute gimmick Phinn.

The Can Electric ToS lists NY as the relevant jurisdiction - which is kind of curious for a Canadian company based in Iraq.  It's not so curious if this is some bullshit move to try make people think someone new is in charge of bASIC, though.

Why isn't the Canadian phone number for the real Can Electric listed on the site?  Are they just hoping that no-one's going to phone the Iraq number?

GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:09:00 AM

Well if ths was real and my BTC refund money could be reapplied to getting one of these(for damn sure)... I would take that offer =)

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 07:11:08 AM

More info from:
http://www.bbb.org/edmonton/business-reviews/electric-contractors/can-electric-ltd-in-edmonton-ab-151126

BBB file opened: 29/09/2008
Business started: 01/03/2007

Licensing
This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

Type of Entity
Limited

Contact Information
Principal: Ari Asmar (Owner)

Number of Employees

Business Category
Electric Contractors, Contractors - Electrical (Industrial/Commercial)

repentance

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:15:47 AM

More info from:
http://www.bbb.org/edmonton/business-reviews/electric-contractors/can-electric-ltd-in-edmonton-ab-151126

BBB file opened: 29/09/2008
Business started: 01/03/2007

Licensing
This company is in an industry that may require licensing, bonding or registration in order to lawfully do business. BBB encourages you to check with the appropriate agency to be certain any requirements are currently being met.

Type of Entity
Limited

Contact Information
Principal: Ari Asmar (Owner)

Number of Employees

Business Category
Electric Contractors, Contractors - Electrical (Industrial/Commercial)

Bwahahaha.  "Huge corporate electronics manufacturer", indeed.

hardcore-fs

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 07:41:08 AM
Last edit: February 02, 2013, 07:53:10 AM by hardcore-fs

Fuck you guys.... I'm in...
This is a  Once Twice Third opportunity of a lifetime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pEY17qbdGqE#t=19s

Thank F**

Just managed to get my order in before the rush........

BTC:1PCTzvkZUFuUF7DA6aMEVjBUUp35wN5JtF
repentance

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:58:13 AM

Fuck you guys.... I'm in...
This is a  Once Twice Third opportunity of a lifetime
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=pEY17qbdGqE#t=19s

Thank F**

Just managed to get my order in before the rush........

Of course they're weightlesss.  Vapourware weighs nothing.   Grin

YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 08:31:22 AM

Of course they're weightlesss.  Vapourware weighs nothing.   Grin

++

...i loled & i loled Cheesy

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Cablez
Legendary

Activity: 1400

I owe my soul to the Bitcoin code...

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 02:35:58 PM

Considering they haven't fixed the pricing for the 100GH beast I bought 2!!!  Why spend 3800 when you can get them for 2140?!!!?  Ha HA suckers. Wink

Tired of substandard power distribution in your ASIC setup???   Chris' Custom Cablez will get you sorted out right!  No job too hard so PM me for a quote
Check my products or ask a question here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=74397.0
Devious

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:04:39 PM

Great lords of thunder!  What!??? I thought they were NOT going to ask for any pre-orders till a YouTube video of a hashig rig was released.
puck2

Activity: 234
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:10:36 PM

Well if ths was real and my BTC refund money could be reapplied to getting one of these(for damn sure)... I would take that offer =)

At this point I'll believe anything, even if it involves Can-Electric Asain Overlords. A Strange Brew indeed.

Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:37:51 PM

Great lords of thunder!  What!??? I thought they were NOT going to ask for any pre-orders till a YouTube video of a hashig rig was released.

The Bitcoin Foundation already released a video of their Avalon hashing away...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: