Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:31:10 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER: Cablepair (Tom) from BTCFPGA.com/bitcoinasic.net  (Read 24105 times)
MPOE-PR

Activity: 756
Merit: 522

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 08:52:34 PM

What's the connection between Dave & https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140366.0 ?

Seems the 100TH Bitcoin Mining project popped up right when Tom closed up the bASIC scam and Dave seems to be the middleman in both. Is that the next Tom scam, buried behind aliases this time?

I have absolutely no idea, tbh. As best I can determine the OP is just confabulating unrelatedly.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinMint.US

Activity: 284
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 09:01:22 PM

What's the connection between Dave & https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140366.0 ?

Seems the 100TH Bitcoin Mining project popped up right when Tom closed up the bASIC scam and Dave seems to be the middleman in both. Is that the next Tom scam, buried behind aliases this time?

I have absolutely no idea, tbh. As best I can determine the OP is just confabulating unrelatedly.

Possibly, or Tom & Dave scammed enough coins selling vaporware to fund this new MegaBigPower.com scam. If that's the case, I assume plenty of sock puppets will be defending Dave vigorously here...
makomk

Activity: 686
Merit: 564

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 11:31:22 PM

I'm happy to announce my involvement with the 100TH Mine project, as hosting provider of choice!  This is a great project - BitFury has the design doing simulations already and the project is on track for mining in the June/July timeframe.  What I like about it is the price point - at $5/GHs, it amounts to 200GH/s for the same $1000.  I think its a worthy place to put your hardware dollars, especially if you got aced out of bASIC, BFL or Avalon.

For those of you who haven't checked out BitFury's FPGA project: http://www.bitfury.org/bitfury110.html

One thing to make very clear: this is not a reborn bASIC project, does not use Tom's chips, is not related in ANY way to bASIC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140366.0
So Dave has confirmed his involvement in an ASIC project no-one has heard of before which has nothing to do with bASIC, honest. Not fishy in the slightest.

Quad XC6SLX150 Board: 860 MHash/s or so.
SIGS ABOUT BUTTERFLY LABS ARE PAID ADS
Devious

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 01, 2013, 11:44:46 PM

I'm in IRC quite a bit and can say Dave has been nothing but tolerant of the grief he is catching on Tom's behalf and has followed up on what he says he will do.  Keep in mind that he is the one that did the CC refunds, even the last ones off the clock.  Tom is the one behaving badly. Let's not throw the baby out with the bathwater. He was just an employee dealing with a crappy situation.  He also did all he could to get the btc customers paid back, WTF do you expect him to do if he doesn't have the btc wallet? 

X Customer

Sorry Tom, but +1 for Scammer tag.  (You still owe me $ Tom, not for a refund, for time you agreed to pay me for.)  I've been private about it but you are acting like a scam artist.  If you cared about your reputation you could have talked to your customers, kept your word and you'd still be in business.  Hiding is not what honest people do.  It's just not.

Cablepair = scammer
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 12:39:27 AM

The last time I checked BlockChain, it seemed to me Tom II was moving a mess of coins through various wallets.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:05:20 AM

I'm happy to announce my involvement with the 100TH Mine project, as hosting provider of choice!  This is a great project - BitFury has the design doing simulations already and the project is on track for mining in the June/July timeframe.  What I like about it is the price point - at $5/GHs, it amounts to 200GH/s for the same $1000.  I think its a worthy place to put your hardware dollars, especially if you got aced out of bASIC, BFL or Avalon.

For those of you who haven't checked out BitFury's FPGA project: http://www.bitfury.org/bitfury110.html

One thing to make very clear: this is not a reborn bASIC project, does not use Tom's chips, is not related in ANY way to bASIC.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140366.0
So Dave has confirmed his involvement in an ASIC project no-one has heard of before which has nothing to do with bASIC, honest. Not fishy in the slightest.

It's FPGAs, not ASICs.

Dave's involvement is as a hosting provider.  See the megabigpower.com thread.

BitFury was around before anyone heard of bASIC.

Sry you fail so much.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
buzzdave
VIP

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 04:17:35 AM

Possibly, or Tom & Dave scammed enough coins selling vaporware to fund this new MegaBigPower.com scam. If that's the case, I assume plenty of sock puppets will be defending Dave vigorously here...

I was just an employee, working for cheap to try and help Tom be the first to market with ASIC.  Initially I had the idea of establishing hosted mining that would go really well with selling bASIC's.  Even though bASIC failed and I'm no longer working for Tom, I decided to proceed with the idea.

The 100TH Mine popped up right after bASIC because when one of Tom's big investors got the news that bASIC failed, he decided to keep moving forward (despite not receiving any money back yet himself).  I'm not working for Lescek (100TH Mine, picostocks.com) - but I like the odds here.  BitFury ASIC design, realistic timelines, actual information, a real business plan, etc.  And yes, Les likes the economics of having me host his mines.

As far as stealing coins - its an easy accusation to make.  You can throw out those accusations without having to provide tangible proof, while damaging a person's reputation.  Building that reputation is much harder.  I personally insured that over $1M was refunded to bASIC customers who paid with credit cards.  I spent hours & hours painstakingly assembling the master list of BTC refunds so that when Tom starts refunding, he won't have to collate all that information.  All this effort to do everything I could to help bASIC customers get their money back. 

I hope that shows my integrity.  Believe me it would have been far easier to distance myself from bASIC and just leave the mess for Tom (and his customers).

Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 08:07:37 AM

Believe me it would have been far easier to distance myself from bASIC and just leave the mess for Tom (and his customers).

Absolutely. Leave Dave alone, he's done nothing wrong. The bASIC mess would be even bigger without him.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 05:41:57 PM

Believe me it would have been far easier to distance myself from bASIC and just leave the mess for Tom (and his customers).

Absolutely. Leave Dave alone, he's done nothing wrong. The bASIC mess would be even bigger without him.

I concur!
dmcurser

Activity: 502
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 10:23:02 PM

I concur!
i also althought i do think that you should of let tom deal with the shit storm himself that way you didnt free him of his responsibilitys. wityh cc stuff out the way he is now more free to move about without owrrys.

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
🏰 TradeFortress 🏰
Bitcoin Veteran
VIP
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1043

👻

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 11:03:12 PM

There isn't enough bitcoins to pay out refunds

Every credit card chargeback has a chargeback fee. Guess where that comes from - BTC refunds. Guess where Tom's wage came from.

"Currently both Visa and Mastercard require all merchants to maintain no more than 1% of dollar volume processed to be chargebacks. If the percentage goes above, there are fines starting at $5000 – $25,000 to the merchant's processing bank and ultimately passed on to the merchant.
In all cases, a chargeback will cost the merchant the chargeback fee, typically $15–$30, plus the cost of the transaction and the amount processed."
dmcurser

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 11:46:12 PM

I concur!
i also althought i do think that you should of let tom deal with the shit storm himself that way you didnt free him of his responsibilitys. wityh cc stuff out the way he is now more free to move about without owrrys.

You were happy enough to have him involved when the btc recommended refund rate of $15 was made, now your tidy profit has gone tits up not so much anymore, funny how that shit works.

no i was still flamed for saying he shouldt do them all i ever said is to do the right thing and use the exchange rate at time of refund request
thats all i wanted but looks like were sol anyways

dust

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 12:01:38 AM

Has anyone received a BTC refund?

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
dmcurser

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 12:11:43 AM

yup your right lets do the unsecured befor the more secure doesnt sound like a bad idea oo and by the way you forgot the part where i said do all refunds in order as they came in befor toms post of everyones getting refunded

CoinHoarder
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 01:14:00 AM

Wow, I feel bad for defending this scumbag scammer.

Out of all ASIC vendors, I thought he was the least likely to be a scam.
ab8989

Activity: 209
Merit: 101

FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 04:56:56 AM
Last edit: February 03, 2013, 05:41:00 AM by ab8989

I guess there are many who did not get the memo.

No-Refunds is nowadays 100% totally accepted operating policy with enthusiastic support from core developers and The Bitcoin Foundation as well as huge majority of community. I have not heard one even slightly critical voice against this from anybody in any kind of position of authority, only from a couple of trolls.

It is simply totally unfair to demand that some companies should store the customer funds for being able to pay out refunds when there are other companies competing in the same field using totally different set or rules that give huge advantage to any company following them.

"No Refunds - your funds are gone. Refunds therefore are impossible." is totally acceptable and the new norm or doing business.

Nobody should be given scammer tags for operating according to an 100% totally accepted policy and any old scammer tags given out for breaking a rule that nowadays does not exist should be lifted. Why wear scammer tags for something that is nowadays totally accepted and others are doing it out there in wide open?

Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 07:33:15 AM

No-Refunds is nowadays 100% totally accepted operating policy with enthusiastic support from core developers and The Bitcoin Foundation as well as huge majority of community. I have not heard one even slightly critical voice against this from anybody in any kind of position of authority, only from a couple of trolls.

It doesn't matter what other people think, it's your money and if you don't like the terms of a vendor then don't do business with him.

"No Refunds - your funds are gone. Refunds therefore are impossible." is totally acceptable and the new norm or doing business.

I think you're referring to Avalon here. Tom was adamant that anybody can have a refund at any time.

Nobody should be given scammer tags for operating according to an 100% totally accepted policy and any old scammer tags given out for breaking a rule that nowadays does not exist should be lifted. Why wear scammer tags for something that is nowadays totally accepted and others are doing it out there in wide open?

There are so many scams going on around here and if I were in charge then I would hand out scammer tags all day long. Tom broke his promise of 100% refund at any time and he should get a scammer tag for it, period.

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
100%digital

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 04:07:42 PM

+1 cant can't believe its that it's taken this long...

Tom, your you're a thief.

It's sad that he won't be clear about what is going on. He may have spent the money on misc. business functions and can't refund it. Think about what the charge backs cost. That's purely speculation of course. Obviously he didn't set out to scam people and he probably doesn't have a dime in his pocket for all the time and effort he has put into this whole thing. He probably got screwed by someone promising him chips.

The whole thing is very sad. But he does deserve a tag for sure. People have paid money and not been delivered to or refunded.

....this guy. wow. i'm betting this guy has an arts degree. we (i mean you) are the 99% right? dick face.
senseless

Activity: 1118
Merit: 541

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 01:29:37 AM

Give this guy a scammer tag before anyone falls for his new bitcoinasic lies and gets conned.

heinz

Activity: 172
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 02:38:36 AM

Why are the mods waiting is what I am curious about?
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: