Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 10:49:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: SCAMMER: Cablepair (Tom) from BTCFPGA.com/bitcoinasic.net  (Read 24105 times)
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 26, 2013, 09:59:38 PM

Hi @ all

I've just got a my full refund.
So Tom IS NOT a Scammer!

Best

Many scammers are caught by law enforcement, given judgements of large amounts of money, and forced to pay by the courts. Are they no longer scammers because they paid? Are murderers no longer murderers because they served jail time?

That depends on the society you live in. If they served their sentence they are legally free .... and Scamming money isn't like killing somebody.
You yourself would be considered a scammer (forever) then to? Wink
(You are trying to do kind of the same with the silly bet you made)

He could've run like a pirate .... but somehow he didn't. That deserves some kind of acknowledgment?!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Be very wary of relying on JavaScript for security on crypto sites. The site can change the JavaScript at any time unless you take unusual precautions, and browsers are not generally known for their airtight security.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 12:09:57 AM

I never took anyone's money and my bet was a prank to fuck with people I had considered annoying at the time (I know, a horrible thing to do and extremely poorly thought out).

He could've run like a pirate .... but somehow he didn't. That deserves some kind of acknowledgment?!

Or it just means he might have been caught and realized he couldn't get away with it (death threats, etc). We don't know. I guess the previous poster asking for answers to questions is right on target.

BR0KK

Activity: 784

View Profile
April 27, 2013, 01:11:13 AM

I never took anyone's money and my bet was a prank to fuck with people I had considered annoying at the time (I know, a horrible thing to do and extremely poorly thought out).

I know and i (until today) do not understand why someone took you serious with it..... I'm going so far to say that i think a scammers tag would not be the right "Title".... but you put that burden on yourself (OK i didn't have a stake in this bet.... maybe if i would my judgement were different?!).....

But thats derailing the thread!

AT least people are getting their money back! 

Or it just means he might have been caught and realized he couldn't get away with it (death threats, etc). We don't know. I guess the previous poster asking for answers to questions is right on target.

You are right, it doesn't make him a better person! But he, like you or any other person around here isn't without flaws and can produce major fuckups. Same goes for criminals in general....

Actually i would like to know what happened! Tom if you are lurking (and you are) how about some public explanation?

Pirate got away really easy...
BFL gets "away" on a daily basis...
... and so on ...

This is BITCION Cheesy

meta1

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 01, 2013, 11:59:49 PM

I'm still waiting for my refund.

me too!

order no #230* and #2338 are not refunded yet.

since a few weeks i can´t login at btcfpga.com
so i can't even see the "Status: Refund Requested"

Cry

knybe

Activity: 658

decentralize EVERYTHING...

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:08:47 AM

anyone know whatever became of cablepair and btcfpga.com?

I fool heartedly got into an email convo with the poster of this CL ad:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bar/3758244601.html

last night and was sent a custom coinbase checkout link to send them 1BTC for this item... of course today there is absolutely no response to multiple emials asking about shipment.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:33:44 AM

last night and was sent a custom coinbase checkout link to send them 1BTC for this item... of course today there is absolutely no response to multiple emials asking about shipment.

You should have reported it the second you saw it. Any craigslist ads asking for money up front (including bitcoin) is a scam.

knybe

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 12:41:07 AM

You should have reported it the second you saw it. Any craigslist ads asking for money up front (including bitcoin) is a scam.

So this tom/cablepair guy has videos of these little "mod miner quads" all over youtube. is he just making fake props and showing fake stats on the screen? I mean what the fuck? The shit that people come up with.

dmcurser

Activity: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:05:16 AM

no the mod miner quads are real is was his asci advantures that failed

1Q7TPBHHVmGCvqffYHpXCCBgbcBQ4NwXdW
Bitweasil

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 02:35:25 PM

You sure weren't in a conversation with cablepair, you were in a conversation with a west coast scammer who successfully scammed you.

The ModMiner Quad units are going for around $1500 or more on eBay.  Anyone selling them for $110 or so is a pure scammer.  Especially when they accept your bitcoin without meeting up and showing you the device.  You deal in cash, in person, with Craigslist.

So this tom/cablepair guy has videos of these little "mod miner quads" all over youtube. is he just making fake props and showing fake stats on the screen? I mean what the fuck? The shit that people come up with.

Nope.  The ModMiner Quads are totally real (I have a few), but they're a lot more expensive than what was listed on Craigslist.

Need high quality, rack mountable GPU clusters for OpenCL work or password auditing?  http://www.stricture-group.com/
knybe

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 05:30:58 PM

You sure weren't in a conversation with cablepair, you were in a conversation with a west coast scammer who successfully scammed you.

The ModMiner Quad units are going for around $1500 or more on eBay.  Anyone selling them for $110 or so is a pure scammer.  Especially when they accept your bitcoin without meeting up and showing you the device.  You deal in cash, in person, with Craigslist.

Nope.  The ModMiner Quads are totally real (I have a few), but they're a lot more expensive than what was listed on Craigslist.

Thanks for the info... I guess I learned my lesson the hard way.
My apologies to tom/cablepair for jumping the gun on my assumptions; was going off of reviews I'd seen here and other places.
RaTTuS

Activity: 792
Merit: 1000

Bite me

View Profile
June 10, 2013, 10:43:19 AM

so is it official this guy is a scam? seems one person got theirs but did anyone else thru this Craigslist post?
which guy
cablepair of this forum is not the craiglist person of the previous posting
this thread was about ASIC's
if you have an issue make a new post in a new thread and delete this message

In the Beginning there was CPU , then GPU , then FPGA then ASIC, what next I hear to ask ....

1RaTTuSEN7jJUDiW1EGogHwtek7g9BiEn
Grix

Activity: 536

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2013, 03:18:35 PM

Just wanted to let you guys know that Tom still owes me $580 for order number 1841 on btcfpga, paid in bitcoin. Never got a response when requesting refund earlier this year. Are some people receiving refunds now? How can I contact Tom?

BTC: 1Fahk2aa4NS4Qds4VDAL4mpNArDEdV2K5K
LaserShowGen Laser Show Software
Helios Laser Show Hardware
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14]  All
  Print  

Jump to: