Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:24:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Make Bitcoins on Minecraft - The Bit Mines!  (Read 4270 times)
maunderingcabal (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Don't dwell in the past, don't dream of the future

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 10:49:24 AM

Anyone ever heard of this Minecraft server? I play on there and it's really fun, but also it's pretty dead!

The Bit Mines

The server IP is = mc.thebitmines.com

They use towny on this server to claim areas and you mine.
Each block you break or place is worth BTC0.00000001! There are bonuses if more people are online or you mine special ore.
once your total equals BTC0.01 it pays out to your wallet!
Check the leader board to see how close I am to getting a payout!

You have to pay $1 (or BTC0.1) to get a prospector's pass and you get 25 credits to claim land or donate to a town.
They really need to lower the BTC price with the raising cost of BTC.

I made a town called Derp in the nation of Murica
It's located at:
220,65,-735

I think it would be really fun if people on the forum joined and helped me build a town. Anyone is welcome, just don't kill my cows and chicken Smiley There is plenty of cows and chickens to feed new people, so they don't have to worry about hunger and just mine/build.

If you want to join my town and help me out, you have to buy a prospector's pass. Then log in. Then type:

/town join Derp

Then deposit your cash so we can expand the town! Type:

/town deposit 25 (or however much money you want to give type /money to see how much you have)

To teleport to Derp's homebase just type:

/town spawn

I also have an outpost, to teleport to it, type:

/town outpost

To claim new area for the town type:

/town claim

Just PM me and I might be free to hop on, If I'm not at work or something. Hope so see some forum members on the server Smiley

I don't own this website, I'm just a user. Their forum doesn't work. The owner does respond pretty quick for questions. I logon once a day usually.

You like my post? Buy me a beer for ฿0.01
13KKQYQLmDFaTtcoPDtnt3My1PPUdcc8AL
My website/blog/bitcoin store

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rickylford

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2013, 01:57:43 PM

Minecraft is one of my favorite games. I actually run a Minecraft server, but never thought to incorporate bitcoins. I know I don't have a balance large enough to reward my players in bitcoins, but this is definitely a server I'll have to look into when I get home this evening from work. Cheesy

Thanks for sharing!
maunderingcabal (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2013, 01:18:59 PM

They just increased the bounty for each block that is destroyed! Come play minecraft with me!

b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
February 08, 2013, 08:43:58 AM

You'd be wasting your life away, trying to get even the minimum .01 BTC.
maunderingcabal (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2013, 11:35:35 AM

If your going to be playing minecraft anyways, why not make bitcoin? The point is not to get rich. I don't anyone without a scam is going to get rich with any bitcoin game.

dresdenreader

Activity: 239

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 08:18:58 PM

So... if I have to pay .1 BTC to play, isn't this basically just paying for a spot on a minecraft server when I could just play for free?

Especially when the amount I would need to mine just to make that super high entry fee would basically mean mining like 100k blocks a day lol?

BTC - 16CCpAqNiuqVNkihfEY3UjDsR5UAFYbiMX
DARK LORD CTHULHU BE PRAISED - OFF - QgdYCLwJAE8CA287xUVi5Zkv6NN9PDaA78
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=294383.0
SystemDisc

Activity: 32

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:53:05 AM

So... if I have to pay .1 BTC to play, isn't this basically just paying for a spot on a minecraft server when I could just play for free?

Especially when the amount I would need to mine just to make that super high entry fee would basically mean mining like 100k blocks a day lol?

It's 0.02 BTC for a membership that never expires. I typically get ~0.01 BTC per day, sometimes less. You do the math.

EDIT: The membership might've been more expensive in the past, but that was when BTC had less worth than it does now. You can also choose to pay $2 instead of 0.02 BTC. You get your money back pretty quickly.

Also, OP's post is now outdated as a new round has just started. Also, the claim system is disabled for just a little while while we move to a new round. The round lasts ~3 months at which point the world gets reset (your membership stays active).
Jaxkr

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:57:31 AM

Their price conversions are really old. Someone needs to update this.
SystemDisc

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 05:13:47 AM

Their price conversions are really old. Someone needs to update this.
Pretty much everything in the original post of this thread is entirely outdated/wrong.
Up-to-date info can be found on the site:
https://thebitmines.com/
https://thebitmines.com/claim-payouts-in-depth/
https://thebitmines.com/shop/

Also, I recently became the owner on the 24th of May, 2013 so a lot has changed (https://thebitmines.com/the-bit-mines-leadership-change/)
DiamondCardz
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1112

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 05:42:02 PM

Lol I can play on MinecraftCC and get 50 satoshis per block with none of this "pay to play" crap...and people buy diamonds regularly there too for 0.01btc/stack.

I don't know why TBM is so popular.

BA Computer Science, University of Oxford
Dissertation was about threat modelling on distributed ledgers.
cryptopi

Activity: 168

Want some pi with that?

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 10:47:58 PM

Minecraft = #1 game of all time

www.hosterbox.com - really good web hosting (accepts bitcoins)
(disclaimer - I am not affiliated with hosterbox in any way)
mprep
Global Moderator
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 2607

In a world of peaches, don't ask for apple sauce

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2013, 11:04:00 PM

Minecraft = #1 game of all time
Never got too much into the game after playing the demo. But for earning bitcoins... now that's a comepletely different situation

SystemDisc

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 12:34:46 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2013, 01:09:42 AM by SystemDisc

Lol I can play on MinecraftCC and get 50 satoshis per block with none of this "pay to play" crap...and people buy diamonds regularly there too for 0.01btc/stack.

It's not a server that pays-out to users for no reason. It's a server where you can:
- earn bitcoins by mining or building productively
- earn bitcoins by selling items and services (helping people with projects)
- use bitcoins for buying items from others
- use bitcoins for hiring people to help you

There's actually a world dedicated to player-to-player shops (using ChestShops). Typically, you get 50 satoshis per block on the server +10 satoshis per person on the server for each block (that means you can get up to 550 satoshis per stone block and up to 1000 satoshis per things like monster spawners), but you get much more for ores and rare materials (while you're in "The Mines"). I've seen diamonds sell for 0.01 BTC per diamond (not stack), but that rarely happens anymore.

As another note, I constantly, personally, pay users for helping me patch bugs on the server and for helping me with other things related to the server. Most of the money currently being paid out to members for mining or building purposefully comes directly from me. We will be holding a bunch of different competitions soon, and we're extremely open to feedback and suggestions from members. Most of what we have now is thanks to our members and their magnificent brains.

Here's a list of claims, and here's an in-depth explanation of how claims work. You might want to have a look at the FAQ.

The last thing I want to address is your "pay to play" statement. It's true that we require members to first purchase a prospecting permit to play. This ensures that we rarely have griefers and lowers the chances of someone joining the server, demolishing a bunch of stuff, getting paid, cashing out, and leaving. I understand that it makes some people unhappy to have to pay for the initial membership, but I assure you that most people make back the membership cost within a few days.

Edit: Thanks, DiamondCardz, for having me write-up some useful information to add to the About page.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2013, 09:14:59 AM

It's not a server that pays-out to users for no reason. It's a server where you can:

There's actually a world dedicated to player-to-player shops (using ChestShops). Typically, you get 50 satoshis per block on the server +10 satoshis per person on the server for each block (that means you can get up to 550 satoshis per stone block and up to 1000 satoshis per things like monster spawners), but you get much more for ores and rare materials (while you're in "The Mines"). I've seen diamonds sell for 0.01 BTC per diamond (not stack), but that rarely happens anymore.

As another note, I constantly, personally, pay users for helping me patch bugs on the server and for helping me with other things related to the server. Most of the money currently being paid out to members for mining or building purposefully comes directly from me. We will be holding a bunch of different competitions soon, and we're extremely open to feedback and suggestions from members. Most of what we have now is thanks to our members and their magnificent brains.

Here's a list of claims, and here's an in-depth explanation of how claims work. You might want to have a look at the FAQ.

The last thing I want to address is your "pay to play" statement. It's true that we require members to first purchase a prospecting permit to play. This ensures that we rarely have griefers and lowers the chances of someone joining the server, demolishing a bunch of stuff, getting paid, cashing out, and leaving. I understand that it makes some people unhappy to have to pay for the initial membership, but I assure you that most people make back the membership cost within a few days.

Edit: Thanks, DiamondCardz, for having me write-up some useful information to add to the About page.

Interesting, I might bite. Why are there so many blocks that don't reward you, though?

Edit: Registered on the forums.

miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
July 06, 2013, 10:12:47 AM

I'm sorry, but 1 MILLION blocks to get BTC0.01?? I don't think so  Undecided

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
SystemDisc

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 03:58:03 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2013, 04:34:53 AM by SystemDisc

I'm sorry, but 1 MILLION blocks to get BTC0.01?? I don't think so  Undecided

No. 0.01 BTC = 1,000,000 satoshis. If you're the only one online, you get 50 satoshis per stone block (you get more per block the more people that are online). So, in the absolute worse case scenario of only mining stone and not finding any ores or rare materials, it would be 1,000,000 satoshis/50 satoshis per stone block = 20,000 stone blocks mined or placed.

In sort: worse case scenario + no one online and only mining/placing stone = twenty thousand blocks need to be mined or placed to get 0.01 BTC.

I will attempt to reiterate that the server is not made to simply payout bitcoins to people. It's made to incorporate bitcoins into Minecraft, not turn Minecraft into a bitcoin faucet.

Interesting, I might bite. Why are there so many blocks that don't reward you, though?

Oh, my. My timing is atrocious. I'm currently migrating the server to a more powerful dedicated server. Thanks for registering. I hope to be done soon.

Re: "Why are there so many blocks that don't reward you, though?"
There are many easily exploitable blocks (such as sand and snow), which if we were to pay people to mine, they could easily rip me off very quickly, cash out, and never return. If you think there are blocks on that list that should offer claims but don't - I'm sure there are - please post specifics in the "Official Feedback" thread you can find here.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 07:24:54 AM

I'm sorry, but 1 MILLION blocks to get BTC0.01?? I don't think so  Undecided

No. 0.01 BTC = 1,000,000 satoshis. If you're the only one online, you get 50 satoshis per stone block (you get more per block the more people that are online). So, in the absolute worse case scenario of only mining stone and not finding any ores or rare materials, it would be 1,000,000 satoshis/50 satoshis per stone block = 20,000 stone blocks mined or placed.

In sort: worse case scenario + no one online and only mining/placing stone = twenty thousand blocks need to be mined or placed to get 0.01 BTC.

I will attempt to reiterate that the server is not made to simply payout bitcoins to people. It's made to incorporate bitcoins into Minecraft, not turn Minecraft into a bitcoin faucet.

Oh, my. My timing is atrocious. I'm currently migrating the server to a more powerful dedicated server. Thanks for registering. I hope to be done soon.

Re: "Why are there so many blocks that don't reward you, though?"
There are many easily exploitable blocks (such as sand and snow), which if we were to pay people to mine, they could easily rip me off very quickly, cash out, and never return. If you think there are blocks on that list that should offer claims but don't - I'm sure there are - please post specifics in the "Official Feedback" thread you can find here.

Alright, please post when you're done so I can buy a permit. Smiley

SystemDisc

View Profile
July 07, 2013, 04:30:44 PM

I'm done.
DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 04:45:35 PM

I'm done.

Cool, connecting now. Check the forums too.

DiamondCardz
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2013, 04:55:09 PM

It still is down for me. :L

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: