Bitcoin Forum
July 22, 2024, 08:13:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Soon BTC will be ecological!  (Read 1857 times)
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 03:43:20 PM

Given this view, the BTC price will eventually equal to the electricity cost for each miner in average, given 3600 miner and average 1 BTC per miner per day, if the price really reached 200$, that means each miner will be able to put in 1000Kwh electricity to mine 1 BTC per day, that is crazy, heavy pollution

HDSolar

Activity: 386
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 03:50:21 PM

Given this view, the BTC price will eventually equal to the electricity cost for each miner in average, given 3600 miner and average 1 BTC per miner per day, if the price really reached 200$, that means each miner will be able to put in 1000Kwh electricity to mine 1 BTC per day, that is crazy, heavy pollution
I guess but what about alt energy?  If your using say solar panels to produce the energy you need to run your rigs would you still call that pollution?  I know the majority do not have that option but I think over time folks will figure out ways to work the electrical issue to achieve the results they want and that could turn more people to alt energy.

Just saying,

Get paid to be social and visit HypeWizard today!  www.hypewiz.com
AR-15 80% at www.uspatriotarmory.com
my Cryptanalys.is profile
Luno

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 04:23:55 PM

I guess but what about alt energy?  If your using say solar panels to produce the energy you need to run your rigs would you still call that pollution?  I know the majority do not have that option but I think over time folks will figure out ways to work the electrical issue to achieve the results they want and that could turn more people to alt energy.

Just saying,

Payback for solar energy is 2-5 years  so it's a judgement call.

DIY hydro power is very cheap if you have a stream on your property.
benjamindees
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 05:26:16 PM

DIY hydro power is very cheap if you have a stream waterfall on your property.

Smiley

Civil Liberty Through Complex Mathematics
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: