Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:10:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread  (Read 438333 times)
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:00:57 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 02:14:16 PM by silverston

finally restored the settings!
 Now another problem. Avalon will connect with the network cable. I have a five-port router. When connecting directly to the computer, everything is OK, but when a through router, I can not go on 192.168.0.100. In router menu I see strange IP address, but not same as Avalon have. How I can configure Avalon with router?

disable DNS and setup static ip address, your router might be setup where the range starts at 192.168.0.101
disable dns in main router or avalon?
how I setup static ip in main router? damn, I so noob in network configuration

it`s main page of my router

█████     ████████████████████
█████                    █████
█████     ██████████     █████
████████████████████     █████
.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████   ██████████████   ████
████   ████      ████   ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dopamine

Activity: 486
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:41:56 PM

finally restored the settings!
 Now another problem. Avalon will connect with the network cable. I have a five-port router. When connecting directly to the computer, everything is OK, but when a through router, I can not go on 192.168.0.100. In router menu I see strange IP address, but not same as Avalon have. How I can configure Avalon with router?

disable DNS and setup static ip address, your router might be setup where the range starts at 192.168.0.101
disable dns in main router or avalon?
how I setup static ip in main router? damn, I so noob in network configuration

it`s main page of my router

your router ip address is setup 192.168.1.1 and your avalon ip range is 192.168.0.100 change your router ip range to 192.168.0.1 and plug the avalon that should work

follow the guide

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Avalon#User_Guide

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
GenTarkin
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:48:23 PM

or if you have othr devices on the network that depend on that subnet ... then dont change the subnet of the router. Rather set a PC temporarily to an ip within the same subnet, then go to config page on avalon and change it to correct subnet...

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:50:09 PM

I looked up the code (in relation to my HW error comments before)
HW is the count of bad nonces generated plus NMW
NMW is when work comes back but it doesn't match any work sent to it (thus cannot be used)

Anyway to minimize NMW?
My NMW hovers right around .52% of all matching work...

Or is NMW ALSO the result of chip errors?

GenTarkin's MOD Kncminer Titan custom firmware! v1.0.4! -- !!NO LONGER AVAILABLE!!
Donations: bitcoin- 1Px71mWNQNKW19xuARqrmnbcem1dXqJ3At || litecoin- LYXrLis3ik6TRn8tdvzAyJ264DRvwYVeEw
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 02:53:33 PM

just found my first confirmed block ever =) 43mil diff share....freakin badass! woot!
From my single avy...lol

solo mining?

i have tried setting up solo with no luck Sad even had help view team viewer from someone who has solo setup and for some reason it just would not work on my computer Sad

psh I wish I was solo mining...looks like by my calc, solo mining @ current diff should find a block every 2 weeks or so =P

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 04:36:18 PM

Finally got my Avalon today!

I'm running it with dynamic speed adjustment and I have it on a desk and a box right in front of my window AC unit which is feeding into the inlet. I have the AC set on high, cool, and 69 degrees. Seems right now frequency is stabilized at about 349MHz so far, and I'm getting about 87GH/s although sometimes it's as high as 90 or as low as 83. Probably needs more time to find out what the real average is.

I have a better AC unit coming tomorrow. It's a standalone unit and I'm going to have it piped right into the avalon intake. It's 12000 BTU so it might be a bit of an overkill. Hopefully I can run it on low. Will I be able to get above 90GH/s or so without getting a new power supply?

Anyways, my question is why does it show as a much lower (78GH/s or so) hash rate on the 50BTC.com website. Should I be using a different pool perhaps (I signed up for ozcoin but haven't tried it yet)? I believe 50BTC.com supports the stratum protocol and it says "true" under the stratum entries on the cgminer table, except for the last one "StratumURL".

Which is the hardware error field, btw? And what should that be kept below? Ugh, sorry for all the questions. I'm reading up as many threads as I can about the Avalon now, but it's hard to find all this information in one place (yes, I've read the wiki).

which AC unit did you order?  sounds like a good idea.
sneef

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 05:34:31 PM

or if you have othr devices on the network that depend on that subnet ... then dont change the subnet of the router. Rather set a PC temporarily to an ip within the same subnet, then go to config page on avalon and change it to correct subnet...

When i change the IP for the avalon from 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.1.xxx, do i also need to change the gateway?

Right now the router is 192.168.1.1 and the ipv4 gateway (in avalon conf) is 192.168.0.1

-ck
Legendary

Activity: 4088
Merit: 1631

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 05:38:18 PM

NMW is when work comes back but it doesn't match any work sent to it (thus cannot be used)

Anyway to minimize NMW?

Chip errors, even worse than regular HW errors.

Developer/maintainer for cgminer, ckpool/ckproxy, and the -ck kernel
2% Fee Solo mining at solo.ckpool.org
-ck
sneef

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:14:03 PM

I tried to run --avalon-auto.

It worked ok in most regards except when it settled @ 337 i was getting a massive amount of dupes from btcguild.

I am now using --avalon-fan 100 (yes very noisy) and manually doing the overclock, i have gotten past 337 with no heat problems and no dupes.

Can i run --avalon-auto and --avalon-fan 100 at the same time?

Is there a user manual page for the --options that we can run, i only found --avalon-fan by stumbling on someone else's post.

I am running 0703 firmware from ckolivas (thank you Sir).

mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:23:47 PM

Finally got my Avalon today!

I'm running it with dynamic speed adjustment and I have it on a desk and a box right in front of my window AC unit which is feeding into the inlet. I have the AC set on high, cool, and 69 degrees. Seems right now frequency is stabilized at about 349MHz so far, and I'm getting about 87GH/s although sometimes it's as high as 90 or as low as 83. Probably needs more time to find out what the real average is.

I have a better AC unit coming tomorrow. It's a standalone unit and I'm going to have it piped right into the avalon intake. It's 12000 BTU so it might be a bit of an overkill. Hopefully I can run it on low. Will I be able to get above 90GH/s or so without getting a new power supply?

Anyways, my question is why does it show as a much lower (78GH/s or so) hash rate on the 50BTC.com website. Should I be using a different pool perhaps (I signed up for ozcoin but haven't tried it yet)? I believe 50BTC.com supports the stratum protocol and it says "true" under the stratum entries on the cgminer table, except for the last one "StratumURL".

Which is the hardware error field, btw? And what should that be kept below? Ugh, sorry for all the questions. I'm reading up as many threads as I can about the Avalon now, but it's hard to find all this information in one place (yes, I've read the wiki).

which AC unit did you order?  sounds like a good idea.

Here is a screenshot of my CGMiner status. I'm not sure which column is the hardware errors. Does everything else look good?

The AC I got is a Sylvia SYL-12PE.
See: http://www.amazon.com/Sylvania-Portable-Conditioner-Dehumidifer-SYL-12PE/dp/B008J5CFOM/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top

I think it draws 1000+ watts when the compressor is running, so I'm worried about tripping a breaker even if the compressor doesn't run very often. I would have bought a 8000 BTU unit but I bought this off a friend for $200 so I figure it was a good deal.

I'm going to home depot this evening and get some supplies to build some ductwork for it.
-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 07:37:08 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2013, 07:54:36 PM by ckolivas

Is there a user manual page for the --options that we can run, i only found --avalon-fan by stumbling on someone else's post.

I am running 0703 firmware from ckolivas (thank you Sir).

https://raw.github.com/ckolivas/cgminer/master/ASIC-README

-ck
silverston

Activity: 952
Merit: 502

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:53:50 PM

dopamine
thanks man, all work fine now Wink

.SWAAP. ▄▄▄▄▄██    ▄▄
 █       ▄▄▀▀▀
 █     ▄▀
▄▄▄   █  ▄▄
▀▀███▄   █▀
██▄███  ▀▀
▄▄▀███  ▀▀▀▀██
▀▀▄███  ▀█
███▀▀ ▄  ██
      ▀▄
 █      ▀▄▄
 █         ▀██
 ▀▀▀▀▀██
⟩⟩.
..For Individuals & Traders..
..For Businesses...................
..For Financial Institutions..
⟩⟩.
Pre-Sale
LIVE on
Uniswap
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████   ████             ████
████             ████   ████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄████
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 07:56:16 PM

Anyway to minimize NMW?

Oh, so let me see if I understand, NMW is just chip errors - probably related directly to OC/ heat, while HW errors is NMW + .. comm errors.. etc?
OR
is HW errors a direct result of NMW?

Does NMW in any way relate to shares / share difficulty?

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 07:58:51 PM

Anyway to minimize NMW?

Oh, so let me see if I understand, NMW is just chip errors - probably related directly to OC/ heat, while HW errors is NMW + .. comm errors.. etc?
Send work off, get an answer. The answer should be a valid share, and cgminer can track which chip bank it was sent to. If the response is not a valid share, it's an "invalid nonce" type of hardware error. If the response is garbled to the point of being gibberish and doesn't even look like a response, it's "no matching work" and cgminer can't even tell which chip was giving the garbage response. HW errors is the sum of both of these types of error.

-ck
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:02:53 PM

Anyway to minimize NMW?

Send work off, get an answer. The answer should be a valid share, and cgminer can track which chip bank it was sent to. If the response is not a valid share, it's an "invalid nonce" type of hardware error. If the response is garbled to the point of being gibberish and doesn't even look like a response, it's "no matching work" and cgminer can't even tell which chip was giving the garbage response. HW errors is the sum of both of these types of error.

Ah, ok thanks for the explanation. In short OC'n can cause both types.
So would each NMW constitute as an invalid diff1 share? cuz afaik HW errors are all equivilant to invalid diff1 shares .. which is why it used as 2% of diff1shares for --avalon-auto...?

In other words could one calculate the ratio of NMW to HW errors by doing (NMW / (HW errors - NMW)) * 100?

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 08:07:15 PM

Ah, ok thanks for the explanation. In short OC'n can cause both types.
So would each NMW constitute as an invalid diff1 share? cuz afaik HW errors are all equivilant to invalid diff1 shares .. which is why it used as 2% of diff1shares for --avalon-auto...?
Yes each should have actually been a valid diff1share.

The 2% value is one I pulled out of my arse derived from a complicated regression analysis that correlated with the highest effective hashrate where pushing the MHz higher increased hardware errors and started decreasing valid share generation.

-ck
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:10:28 PM

In case ya missed my edit:
In other words could one calculate the ratio of NMW to HW errors by doing (NMW / (HW errors - NMW)) * 100?

or would it be (NMW / HW errors) * 100

Either way, since they both are diff1 related work then either of the above should be valid .. right?

-ck
Legendary

Ruu \o/

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2013, 08:12:57 PM

Either way, since they both are diff1 related work then either of the above should be valid .. right?
It will be (NMW / HW errors) * 100

Don't concern yourself too much by the distinction between the different type of hardware errors. Sometimes we just expose too much internal information that doesn't help the users much.

-ck
GenTarkin
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:16:26 PM

It will be (NMW / HW errors) * 100

Don't concern yourself too much by the distinction between the different type of hardware errors. Sometimes we just expose too much internal information that doesn't help the users much.

Yeah, I realize in the end all that matters is the cumulative amount between the 2 types, but I like the knowledge of knowing whats really goin on behind the scenes, so thanks for explaining it to me =)

mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 09, 2013, 08:37:07 PM

Your second and third pool are still setup to mine for Avalon.
If 50btc goes down, you will automatically start mining for Avalon...
You should think about changing that, unless you really really really loved waiting for your machine/s.

Yeah, I know. It's embarassing Smiley. I actually changed it but I didn't "apply" it yet because I didn't want to restart the miner at that point because I was in the middle of testing power consumption with the kill-a-watt. I'll go reset that when I get home.
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: