Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:19:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread  (Read 438333 times)
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 09:27:31 PM

nice hashrate  Cheesy

Code:
3 hours	80.86 Gh/s

frequency and ambient temperature?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 19, 2013, 10:02:32 PM

The negative spike on 16 Jul is when I moved it from a room that heats to about 85°F in the afternoon and operating with the fan blowing out a window,
to the basement where it is about 72°F and the fan is blowing into the furnace firebox and thence out the flue to the outside.

The frequency is auto, and the unit seems to like 343.  It will occasionally rise to 347, and in the broad dip on 19 Jul I tried to set the temp at 45°C and the frequency was down about 290 or 300 when I reset the parameters.

At this time, fan 2 & 3 are at 3120, the temp has been 49°C all day, not 50 as set.  The intake air from the basement is about 70% RH, still 72°F.

I try to be respectful and informed.
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:43:46 PM

I am looking for a 1000W+ PSU for my 4 module units which have not shipped yet.  In the wiki where they recommend different PSUs, it says the Enermax's are "a little long".  Does this mean they won't fit and I will have to keep the PSU outside, and drill holes to run the cables through? Or will it just be a tight fit possibly reducing air flow? 

Has anyone found a good 1000W or greater PSU that fits and works?
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 03:57:18 PM

I am looking for a 1000W+ PSU for my 4 module units which have not shipped yet.  In the wiki where they recommend different PSUs, it says the Enermax's are "a little long".  Does this mean they won't fit and I will have to keep the PSU outside, and drill holes to run the cables through? Or will it just be a tight fit possibly reducing air flow?  

this will work and is what i use with zero problems. i'm only right now running 3 modules but have calculated that i should be able to run 4 w/o any problems.  it is too large to fit in case but i just run the cables out the front opening w/o needing to drill any new holes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151105

i think you're better off externalizing the psu anyway for lower temps.
pikeadz

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:10:20 PM

I am looking for a 1000W+ PSU for my 4 module units which have not shipped yet.  In the wiki where they recommend different PSUs, it says the Enermax's are "a little long".  Does this mean they won't fit and I will have to keep the PSU outside, and drill holes to run the cables through? Or will it just be a tight fit possibly reducing air flow?  

this will work and is what i use with zero problems. i'm only right now running 3 modules but have calculated that i should be able to run 4 w/o any problems.  it is too large to fit in case but i just run the cables out the front opening w/o needing to drill any new holes.

You're saying the Enermax will work and is what you use, or the Seasonic, which is the unit you linked to?  Thanks again.
cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 21, 2013, 04:12:50 PM

You're saying the Enermax will work and is what you use, or the Seasonic, which is the unit you linked to?  Thanks again.

i'm using Seasonic.
rudrigorc2
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 03:22:48 AM

Is it possible to use more than one power supply for one unit?  If I were to get extra modules could I set up another power supply and power those modules that way and just connect the data cables to the main unit?  I had to replace one of the power supplies in my silver unit because it did not handle the overclocking.  I figured I could use that power supply just to power the new modules and turn everything on and off via the power strip.

No need for this. On the controller there is room for one extra module only. If your PSU is at least GOLD standard 1000-1050w you are ready to run it overclocked with 4 modules.
pushyk

Activity: 414
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 05:34:38 AM

Three days ago received a track number, but it still is not tracking, where to write to clarify whether the correct number sent? thank you
jddebug

Activity: 446
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 06:46:59 AM

Same happened for me on 2 of my units. They will probably start to work after the weekend. Took almost 5 days for one of mine to show.

Three days ago received a track number, but it still is not tracking, where to write to clarify whether the correct number sent? thank you
thorvald

Activity: 388

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 09:39:19 AM

just installed the controller board v 1.5 from stromborn (10x for it)
if the unit will not restart/0 hash problem , the issue we have is controller related .
just in case there is also a router board , i`ll change it also if 0 hash happens

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▀  ███▄
████████████▀▀    ▀▀███▀  ▄█████
██████████▀         ██▀  ▄████████
█████████▀      ▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄██████████
████████     ▄██████▀  ▄██  ████████
████████     ███████▀  ▄██    ████████
████████    ██████▀  ▄████    ████████
████████    █████▀  ▄█████    ████████
████████    ███▀  ▄██████     ████████
████████  ███▀  ▄█████▀     ████████
███████████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀      ▄█████████
█████████▀  ▄█         ▄██████████
██████▀  ▄██▄▄    ▄▄████████████
▀████  ▄█████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

██████            ██████          ▄▄██████          ▄▄███████▄▄                ▄▄███████▄▄
 ██████          ██████        ▄██████████       ▄███████████████▄          ▄███████████████▄
 ▀█████▄        ▄█████▀       ████████████      ███████████████████        ███████████████████
  ▀█████▄      ▄█████▀       ████████▀▀        ███████▀▀    ▀▀██████      ██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
   ██████      ██████       ███████           ██████▀       ▄██████      █████▀           ▀█████
   ▀█████▄    ▄█████▀      ███████           ██████       ▄██████▀      █████               █████
    ▀█████▄  ▄█████▀       ██████            █████      ▄██████▀        █████               █████
     ██████  ██████        ██████            █████    ▄██████▀          █████               █████
     ▀█████▄▄█████▀        ██████            █████▄ ▄██████▀            █████               █████
      ▀██████████▀         ██████             ███████████▀     ▄███▄     █████▄           ▄█████
       ██████████          ██████              ████████▀    ▄▄██████      ██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
       ▀████████▀          ██████               ███████████████████        ███████████████████
        ▀██████▀           ██████                ▀███████████████▀          ▀███████████████▀
         ▀████▀            ██████                   ▀▀███████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀

[
 ▄███████████████████████▄
██▀                     ▀██
██  ▄█████████████████▄  ██
██  ███             ███  ██
██  ▀████████████████▀   ██
██                       ██
██                  ▄▄▄  ██
██   ██             ███  ██
██ ██████       ▄▄▄      ██
██   ██         ███    ▄ ██
██        ▄  ▄       ▄▀ ▄██
██      ▄▀ ▄▀      ▄▀ ▄██▀
██▄               ▀ ▄██▀
 ▀███████████████████▀
Telegram
ANN Thread
Website
]
Cephas

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:52:23 AM

I need help configuring my Batch 2 Avalon ASIC. I went to 50BTC.com, and it tells me the host, port and login to use. But I can't find where in Cgminer to enter those. I know I am a total newbie, but could someone please point me in the right direction?
bennybong

Activity: 682
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 12:04:45 PM

I need help configuring my Batch 2 Avalon ASIC. I went to 50BTC.com, and it tells me the host, port and login to use. But I can't find where in Cgminer to enter those. I know I am a total newbie, but could someone please point me in the right direction?

In the cgminer configuration tab!

Edit:

See my pic below

You only need one pool set up (as far as I know). The other 2 are just there as fail safes, in case your primary pool goes down for whatever reason Wink
Cephas

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 22, 2013, 11:18:49 PM

Thank you very much!

I have been up and running, but I find that it is quite unstable. My workers die frequently.
bitdude

Activity: 277
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:26:23 AM

Thank you very much!

I have been up and running, but I find that it is quite unstable. My workers die frequently.

Specify frequently. My cgminer restarts 2-3 times a day on avg. I do not find this good but good enough not to try to fix it (at least not with difficulty is low Grin). If you one these numbers of restarts your avg. hashing power should be still very good. Of course that if you are talking about 10-15 minutes restarts that is something different and I would suggest you to go through this thread and that official avalon support thread to find out what to do. Or just ask again  Smiley
mgio

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 05:42:44 AM

So I attempted to upgrade the power supply on my 3-board Avalon...

It had a 750w Corsair in it already so I don't think it actually needed to be upgraded unless I decided to add a 4th board. I was getting a lot of invalid shares, though, so I figured a bigger power supply might help.

I bought a 850w OCZ ZW power supply and installed it and it didn't work! I'm not sure what was wrong. I could connect to the Avalon through the web interface, log in, and edit the configuration but the fans never spun up and it never started hashing.

I thought maybe I had broken it but I put the old power supply back in and it was fine.

I thought maybe I was missing a cable or something but I guess I just had a defective supply?

I plugged in:

The very wide main connector
The 8 pin connector that said "CPU" on it
The two red cables (GPU) that plug into the side of the supply.

The supply also had an additional connector, 8-pin but a different layout from the CPU power, I believe that looks like it would fit into another connector across from the CPU connector. It wasn't plugged in with the old power supply, so i didn't plug it in for the new one. Not sure what its for. Power supplies were always a mystery to me.

I wish there was a schematic or something that explained it. I haven't been able to find one for the Avalon miner.

PS Damn the Chinese engineer who designed the screws on that case!

Same problem with my OCZ ZX 850w  Undecided

No idea what is causing it.

It's good to know that I'm not the only one with this problem. I'm going to return the power supply to the store as it's not like I need anything bigger than a 750 to overclock with just 3 boards.
thorvald

Activity: 388

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 01:45:54 PM

just installed the controller board v 1.5 from stromborn (10x for it)
if the unit will not restart/0 hash problem , the issue we have is controller related .
just in case there is also a router board , i`ll change it also if 0 hash happens
the problem is not the controller
cg miner restarted again and 0 hash after 3h and after 19 h

is there a way to log and see what is the problem (maybe cgminer)

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄██████████████████████▀  ███▄
████████████▀▀    ▀▀███▀  ▄█████
██████████▀         ██▀  ▄████████
█████████▀      ▄▄▄▄██▀  ▄██████████
████████     ▄██████▀  ▄██  ████████
████████     ███████▀  ▄██    ████████
████████    ██████▀  ▄████    ████████
████████    █████▀  ▄█████    ████████
████████    ███▀  ▄██████     ████████
████████  ███▀  ▄█████▀     ████████
███████████▀  ▄█▀▀▀▀      ▄█████████
█████████▀  ▄█         ▄██████████
██████▀  ▄██▄▄    ▄▄████████████
▀████  ▄█████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

██████            ██████          ▄▄██████          ▄▄███████▄▄                ▄▄███████▄▄
 ██████          ██████        ▄██████████       ▄███████████████▄          ▄███████████████▄
 ▀█████▄        ▄█████▀       ████████████      ███████████████████        ███████████████████
  ▀█████▄      ▄█████▀       ████████▀▀        ███████▀▀    ▀▀██████      ██████▀▀     ▀▀██████
   ██████      ██████       ███████           ██████▀       ▄██████      █████▀           ▀█████
   ▀█████▄    ▄█████▀      ███████           ██████       ▄██████▀      █████               █████
    ▀█████▄  ▄█████▀       ██████            █████      ▄██████▀        █████               █████
     ██████  ██████        ██████            █████    ▄██████▀          █████               █████
     ▀█████▄▄█████▀        ██████            █████▄ ▄██████▀            █████               █████
      ▀██████████▀         ██████             ███████████▀     ▄███▄     █████▄           ▄█████
       ██████████          ██████              ████████▀    ▄▄██████      ██████▄▄     ▄▄██████
       ▀████████▀          ██████               ███████████████████        ███████████████████
        ▀██████▀           ██████                ▀███████████████▀          ▀███████████████▀
         ▀████▀            ██████                   ▀▀███████▀▀                ▀▀███████▀▀

[
 ▄███████████████████████▄
██▀                     ▀██
██  ▄█████████████████▄  ██
██  ▀████████████████▀   ██
██                       ██
██                  ▄▄▄  ██
██   ██             ███  ██
██ ██████       ▄▄▄      ██
██   ██         ███    ▄ ██
██        ▄  ▄       ▄▀ ▄██
██      ▄▀ ▄▀      ▄▀ ▄██▀
██▄               ▀ ▄██▀
 ▀███████████████████▀
Telegram
ANN Thread
Website
]
SolarSilver
Legendary

Activity: 1112

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 02:50:45 PM

the problem is not the controller
cg miner restarted again and 0 hash after 3h and after 19 h

is there a way to log and see what is the problem (maybe cgminer)

You'll have to wait until ckolivas is back from holidays...

I ran into the same problem with my 4 module test system (still waiting for the Batch #3 unit to ship), it crapped out all the time (while it ran super solid with only 3 modules).

I solved it by each time lowering the max chip frequency after doing a hard reset each time, until I found the sweet spot and now it seems to run fine with:

--avalon-auto --avalon-freq 300-335 --avalon-fan 90-100

Anything above 335 MHz seemed to trigger the problem

It ran fine at 350 MHz with only 3 modules
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 23, 2013, 04:46:14 PM

The fan RPM stays stable at around 2580 RPM, and my temp2 and temp3 sensors are 60C.
isn't this much to high?
what is the highest
temp1   
temp2   
temp3
(is the highest for me)

that should be?
TIA
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
July 24, 2013, 12:14:25 AM

In the cgminer configuration tab!

Edit:

See my pic below

http://s22.postimg.org/yot8e17p9/Pool.jpg

You only need one pool set up (as far as I know). The other 2 are just there as fail safes, in case your primary pool goes down for whatever reason Wink
Seriously, don't make silly suggestions like that, someone may actually do what you say.

If you don't have a backup pool and your connection to your pool isn't working, you are then mining nothing until someone does something about it.

Backup pools are one of the most important aspects of bitcoin mining.
Pools fail, get ddos'd, have weird problems ... and if you only have that one pool when that happens, you are no longer mining.

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
Tinua

Activity: 871

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 09:31:30 AM
Last edit: July 25, 2013, 05:44:47 PM by Tinua

Hi

Has anyone tried the new firmware "openwrt-ar71xx-generic-tl-wr703n-v1-squashfs-factory-20130723.bin   23-Jul-2013 07:06   3.8M"  from xiangfu?

What is the different to the firmware of ckolivas

Pages: « 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 [107] 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: