Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 09:55:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Avalon ASIC users thread  (Read 438333 times)
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 02:48:51 AM

There are about 240 new Avalons, 2 module, 60 GH/s, at auction for 2 BTC.

When I go to the line all I get is a blank screen. Sad
Same here

This auction ends Tuesday, Oct 15, 2013 at 12 PM EST.

The minimum bid at the moment is 2 BTC.
There are about 240 miners that have not been bid on.
They are announced as 60 GH/s, 2 modules, overclocked frequency 275 MHz, 160 chips, 595 W

It seems odd that you can't see the auction standings without submitting identity documents.

I try to be respectful and informed.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
smoothrunnings

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:08:47 AM

Same here

They are announced as 60 GH/s, 2 modules, overclocked frequency 275 MHz, 160 chips, 595 W

It seems odd that you can't see the auction standings without submitting identity documents.

Do you know if shipping is free?
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 03:42:47 AM

Same here

I can see this page on Chrome incognito, so maybe you can see it too.  It says they deduct the winning funds and ship the product.  No mention is made of paying more for shipping. 
That is not the same thing as saying the shipping is included.

I try to be respectful and informed.
ste0024

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:52:58 AM

I'm registered & logged in.  Perhaps that matters.

What's the main URL then silly?Smiley

http://www.tradehill.com

tradehill is dead and close

Tradehill Moving Forward

Many of you have come to know Tradehill as the digital currency exchange of choice. We have suspended trading on the Tradehill platform, due to banking and regulatory issues. This decision has not been made lightly and we regret having to take such action. However, we embrace the silver lining of our situation and plan to take this opportunity to upgrade, improve, and polish our trading platform.

Tradehill registered with FinCEN in August 2013 and is actively engaging with banks and regulators to continue development of future business products and practices.

We would like to thank our clients, current and past partners, supporters, and advocates for all their continued support. The Bitcoin space has proven to be an exciting and dynamic environment. We are proud to have the opportunity to be at the forefront of this new domain.

For those eager to stay informed of our trading platform and new product releases, please sign-up for our e-mail list below and we’ll keep you updated.
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 12:09:27 PM

Tradehill Moving Forward

Many of you have come to know Tradehill as the digital currency exchange of choice. We have suspended trading on the Tradehill platform, due to banking and regulatory issues. This decision has not been made lightly and we regret having to take such action. However, we embrace the silver lining of our situation and plan to take this opportunity to upgrade, improve, and polish our trading platform.

Tradehill registered with FinCEN in August 2013 and is actively engaging with banks and regulators to continue development of future business products and practices.

We would like to thank our clients, current and past partners, supporters, and advocates for all their continued support. The Bitcoin space has proven to be an exciting and dynamic environment. We are proud to have the opportunity to be at the forefront of this new domain.

For those eager to stay informed of our trading platform and new product releases, please sign-up for our e-mail list below and we’ll keep you updated.

Anyone submitting their Personal Information such as Passport to an unreliable site like tradehill is waiting for an Identity theft.

People come on, don`t be stupid!
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2013, 12:38:46 PM

Well after months of mining one of my avalons have stopped. When I power cycle it will run for a little bit and then stop

I receive the following errors

usb_write error on avalon_write

any ideas?

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
one4many

Activity: 516

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:10:22 PM

Well after months of mining one of my avalons have stopped. When I power cycle it will run for a little bit and then stop
I receive the following errors
usb_write error on avalon_write
any ideas?
It's either the FPGA board (unlikely ... but you can get one from the bitmine.ch guys, say hi from me)
or the TP-Link router/cpu board (very likely because they are rubbish) ...

Connect the FPGA board of the broken one via link usb cable to the TP-Link module of the good one, and see if it hashes alright ... if that is the case it is the tp-link gone bad ... if it still stops working after a while it is the fpga board (to 95 % ... the 5 % are one of the hashing modules having problems).

Hope that helps!

one4many
smoothrunnings

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:16:16 PM

Tradehill Moving Forward

I think you misread something. Likely in the not so distant past Tradehill was a digital currency exchange site for bitcoin, now they are no longer that but probably still receive emails from people asking them, so that that's why we are seeing this message.

It has nothing to do with them becoming an auction outlet.
smoothrunnings

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 01:21:14 PM

Same here

I can see this page on Chrome incognito, so maybe you can see it too.  It says they deduct the winning funds and ship the product.  No mention is made of paying more for shipping. 
That is not the same thing as saying the shipping is included.

I just emailed support@avalon to see if the guy can confirm if the shipping is free(included) or if it's extra, as soon as I hear back from him I will let everyone know, but I can't see him asking for anything as he doesn't charge extra money for the modules and 4 module Avalon that he sells. I suspect it's one person at Avalon that's why I keep saying he. Wink
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 04:51:02 PM

Tradehill Moving Forward

I think you misread something. Likely in the not so distant past Tradehill was a digital currency exchange site for bitcoin, now they are no longer that but probably still receive emails from people asking them, so that that's why we are seeing this message.

its overclocked to 375MH each chip. not 275MH.. Since they are 2 boards only, they could never get 60GH without high OC.
My worries are, if you look at winning bids, it seems that all our bids ranging from 2BTC to 2.2BTC show up as NOT winning bids.. It could mean he has a minimum accept.. Which would be sad.

As for the identity theft, that would be pretty interesting of yifu to at this stage, with thousands of chips left over, to somehow try and steal passports? it seems he is ready to ship his leftover gen1´s (i hope at starting bid price). And willing to "do right" and start fresh when gen2 is available.
If they needed my eu-passport for some intricate online scam, i wish them good luck. Seriously doubt it though.

I believe tradehill used to be an online e-commerce site. Now recently "restarted"..
ste0024

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 06:03:15 PM
Last edit: October 13, 2013, 08:55:59 PM by ste0024

when i clic on tradehill actions i obtain Tradehill Moving Forward. impossible to see actions
PsychoticBoy
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1010

Parental Advisory Explicit Content

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:12:31 PM

Tradehill Moving Forward

its overclocked to 375MH each chip. not 275MH.. Since they are 2 boards only, they could never get 60GH without high OC.
My worries are, if you look at winning bids, it seems that all our bids ranging from 2BTC to 2.2BTC show up as NOT winning bids.. It could mean he has a minimum accept.. Which would be sad.

As for the identity theft, that would be pretty interesting of yifu to at this stage, with thousands of chips left over, to somehow try and steal passports? it seems he is ready to ship his leftover gen1´s (i hope at starting bid price). And willing to "do right" and start fresh when gen2 is available.
If they needed my eu-passport for some intricate online scam, i wish them good luck. Seriously doubt it though.

I believe tradehill used to be an online e-commerce site. Now recently "restarted"..

I was refering to Tradehill not Yifu concerning the Identity theft, Tradehill is not a good place to leave your ID unattended.
driksson

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:26:32 PM

I was refering to Tradehill not Yifu concerning the Identity theft, Tradehill is not a good place to leave your ID unattended.

Interesting. Why would yifu use such an untrusted source? (if he's now making a mense, and selling his avalon minis for cheap, using tradehill..)

Why would he use them if they are dodgy, and all he wants is ship his stock of 500 minis?
http://avalon-asics.com/avalon-tradehill-asic-auction-partnership/
driksson

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 07:27:59 PM

when you clic on tradehill actions i obtain Tradehill Moving Forward. impossible to see actions

Correct, until you are verified.
smoothrunnings

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:53:32 PM

when you clic on tradehill actions i obtain Tradehill Moving Forward. impossible to see actions

Still waiting myself to be verified, I hope that happens before the auction ends or I will miss out on getting a mini...

Sad
ste0024

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 08:59:08 PM

i never ask to verified because auction start at 2BTC but it s not final price.

avalon min 9btc X 2= 18 BTC
B3 4 modules = 15 BTC

it s better to buy a 4 modules
smoothrunnings

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 09:59:30 PM

B3 4 modules = 15 BTC

A lot of people may decide to not buy any of the minis at auction because of they might think Avalon in general is the old work horse of the mining market and that there is better ASIC miners available. This isn't coming from me, it's what I have heard from someone else. So maybe a mini could be fetched for 2BTCs.

For me all I would like to get is one if possible, if not, oh well it wasn't meant to be. Smiley

ste0024

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 01:52:24 AM

can i use 2 original avalon power supply 750W for power one avalon 4 modules. if yes i need to buy only 2 power supply 1000W
ste0024

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:19:04 AM

B3 4 modules = 15 BTC

the auction minimum was changed to 2 BTC, not 9 BTC.  So a min bid would be 4 BTC for 2 minis= 4 modules compared to 15BTC to get 4-module delivered which will need  a power supply to overclock.

auction = bid = not the final price.

and sell for 2 BTC their lost money. power supply + shipping = more 2 BTC
smoothrunnings

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 02:38:38 AM

B3 4 modules = 15 BTC

the auction minimum was changed to 2 BTC, not 9 BTC.  So a min bid would be 4 BTC for 2 minis= 4 modules compared to 15BTC to get 4-module delivered which will need  a power supply to overclock.

auction = bid = not the final price.

and sell for 2 BTC their lost money. power supply + shipping = more 2 BTC

Yes that's true, but there are 500 units up for grabs. Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to: