Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:19:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you Still believe in Fiat?  (Read 75138 times)
agustina2
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:07:52 PM

i still believe in fiat, because in my offline life, there is no store that receive bitcoin as payment. because bitcoin still not accepting by every country and there are a few country that already accepting bitcoin as their payment. and if bitcoin is available on every store in my country, then maybe i use fiat as my investment  Grin
Of course, the same with my country there are not much stores that are accepting bitcoins, if I cannot use fiat then I could not survive living in our country, bitcoin is just good for online transactions and investment as well but the truth is we need the two, fiat and bitcoins.
and that is the problem of every country, may be there are few states where there will be some shops where people are accepting bitcoin in their shop, like in Brazil there are some shops where they accept bitcoin for shopping, and same is the problem in my country, i think fiat money is the main important thing in our life, with our which we cannot even thing about life, therefore i do believe on bitcoin ,

Fiat is really important part of our lives as it can be easily used everywhere and same doesn't go with bitcoin at a moment as the usage of bitcoin is very limited.

Physical transactions is being dominated by the use of fiat currency. No way bitcoin can reach that kind of status so it's doesn't make sense to think that fiat is useless even for centuries to count.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BitcoinPC

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 05, 2016, 02:11:36 PM

Ongoing scams are the major reason that is keeping people away from bitcoin as they have fear of loosing their money and that is logical as no one wants to loose their hard earned money.

No it's not. They aren't thinking much on the brighter side. There are lots of scam today but no one will be scam if they will not allow themselves to be scam.

Bitcoin is money so better they know the risk of investing elsewhere.

Yes, you are right, because recently bitfinex has been hacked, and it is not first time even it is more than one, but people never hate to bitcoins, and also those people who have a lost their amount in Bitfinex exchange, but they are still using bitcoins, but only the way of saving will be changed. Everyone know that it is a time of crypto currency and it is a easiest way to make profit and everyone can earn from crypto currencies.        
asdalani

Activity: 882

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:28:38 AM

Ongoing scams are the major reason that is keeping people away from bitcoin as they have fear of loosing their money and that is logical as no one wants to loose their hard earned money.

No it's not. They aren't thinking much on the brighter side. There are lots of scam today but no one will be scam if they will not allow themselves to be scam.

Yes, you are right, because recently bitfinex has been hacked, and it is not first time even it is more than one, but people never hate to bitcoins, and also those people who have a lost their amount in Bitfinex exchange, but they are still using bitcoins, but only the way of saving will be changed. Everyone know that it is a time of crypto currency and it is a easiest way to make profit and everyone can earn from crypto currencies.        

The bitcoin price was quite high before the Bitfinex hack. Now the price is only $555. so it is good to buy some.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
umaOuma

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 06, 2016, 11:33:25 AM

The bitcoin price was quite high before the Bitfinex hack. Now the price is only $555. so it is good to buy some.

Yes this is the best time to invest money in bitcoin as price is not too high at a moment and it will rise in coming days so if you don't buy now you will regret in future.
elyas772

Activity: 756
Merit: 502

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 03:00:17 AM

Yes I believe because of a fiat currency is already incorporated and used in any country that is protected by state law each and has been recognized by the state.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
sirohige

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 04:33:17 PM

I believe, when the public has to know something valuable, and then much sought after, and it comes to the economy, will better be approved by the state, so that all can be set. and bitcoin need it, to be more useful.
Xenophoto

Activity: 826

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 10:31:15 PM

I think fiat has reached a dead end. Fiat might have other potentials but if we look at it right now, it's highly unlikely to improve/change. But fiat is still essential in our lives. We pay for things in real life in fiat, we can only use Bitcoin to buy something when we're online (at least at the moment). The number of establishments outside that accepts bitcoin as payment is really limited. Once the majority of consumers/customers embraces the idea of using bitcoin, it'll be a game changer to all the competent companies out there.

greatr

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 10:43:16 PM

the price has already bounced back, in my opinion from now on the only possible way for the price is to go significantly up and make us all some good money
jakelyson
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1069

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 11:55:45 PM

i still believe in fiat, because in my offline life, there is no store that receive bitcoin as payment. because bitcoin still not accepting by every country and there are a few country that already accepting bitcoin as their payment. and if bitcoin is available on every store in my country, then maybe i use fiat as my investment  Grin
Of course, the same with my country there are not much stores that are accepting bitcoins, if I cannot use fiat then I could not survive living in our country, bitcoin is just good for online transactions and investment as well but the truth is we need the two, fiat and bitcoins.
and that is the problem of every country, may be there are few states where there will be some shops where people are accepting bitcoin in their shop, like in Brazil there are some shops where they accept bitcoin for shopping, and same is the problem in my country, i think fiat money is the main important thing in our life, with our which we cannot even thing about life, therefore i do believe on bitcoin ,

Fiat is really important part of our lives as it can be easily used everywhere and same doesn't go with bitcoin at a moment as the usage of bitcoin is very limited.

Physical transactions is being dominated by the use of fiat currency. No way bitcoin can reach that kind of status so it's doesn't make sense to think that fiat is useless even for centuries to count.

Given time, bitcoin can be easily used just as you use credit card. It is just a matter of wide adoptation. If merchants will accept bitcoin, then technology that can ease use of bitcoin will follow. Tap card or qr codes can be used to ease the access of bitcoin during transactions. I think it will not take that long to happen.
MTBTT

Activity: 504

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 12:15:47 AM

You sure it was because of the impact of bitfinex being a scam? I'm confused why bitcoin prices could go down just because a site to be a scam. do you explain the reason to me
btlrlx29

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:10:37 AM

What I believe is that fiat will always be there, one way or another.
In my understanding, cryptocurrencies were never meant to completely replace fiat money. It always be just an alternative.
JumperX

Activity: 672
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:23:49 AM

In my understanding, cryptocurrencies were never meant to completely replace fiat money. It always be just an alternative.

Yeah and bitcoin will always be used as an secondary currency even if its price goes higher in future, as most of the users have more faith in fiat and find it easy to spend it as it is accepted everywhere.
goldcoinminer

Activity: 952

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:28:39 AM

Exactly, we have to accept the reality that bitcoin is just an alternate currency even in the future. Fiat is a government regulated money that is acceptable all over the world while bitcoins is not that popular and still has a lot of government issues that needs to sort out.
severaldetails

Activity: 959

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:52:40 AM

Exactly, we have to accept the reality that bitcoin is just an alternate currency even in the future. Fiat is a government regulated money that is acceptable all over the world while bitcoins is not that popular and still has a lot of government issues that needs to sort out.

I do not mind if bitcoin stays in the shadows for the majority of the people.
But a steady growth, even a small one, is necessary.
From the way it is built, it is clear that it will always be for the technically interested people. Harder to handle than fiat.
Fiat will be the strongest force on the currency market. Even in future.
terman45x

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 07:55:55 AM

From the way it is built, it is clear that it will always be for the technically interested people. Harder to handle than fiat.

Yes and fiat will always exist and never die as people who prefer to stay away from internet will never prefer to use bitcoins, they will continue with fiat itself.
ASHLIUSZ

Activity: 994

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 08:51:48 AM

Yes and fiat will always exist and never die as people who prefer to stay away from internet will never prefer to use bitcoins, they will continue with fiat itself.
most
yeah people those who have no knowledge about internet fully depend upon fiat. most people who knows about internet too tells bitcoin is just a debit card used to exchange fiat currencies.
tygeade
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 1058

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 08:59:13 AM

most
yeah people those who have no knowledge about internet fully depend upon fiat. most people who knows about internet too tells bitcoin is just a debit card used to exchange fiat currencies.

People with lack of knowledge will never know what bitcoin is all about and what are its benefits, and the fact is people resist change, and they will never get into bitcoins.

asdalani

Activity: 882

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 01:28:59 PM

People with lack of knowledge will never know what bitcoin is all about and what are its benefits, and the fact is people resist change, and they will never get into bitcoins.

I will just take some time for the ordinary people to use the bitcoin. If major banks are involved, it is not too difficult.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
SamMurphy

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

Bitcoin unionhead who's neglecting fiat :)

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 01:35:23 PM

Fiat is a necessary evil, I see the whole movement of the human history as fight between the old and the new in all ways. Bitcoin needs to fight and become better (see wider adaption) and then we can move on with a trustless economy  Grin
thejaytiesto
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014

View Profile
August 09, 2016, 01:41:17 PM

As long as dollars keep getting accepted worldwide you cannot deny the network effect of fiat. The hope of it failing is that once they remove physical cash people will flock into Bitcoin as the only alternative possible.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: