Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 01:40:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: may 28th dollar collapse FUD  (Read 1212 times)
zimmah (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:45:21 PM

I see it all over youtube, I know youtube videos on economy are completely unreliable, but there seems to be an awful lot of FUD about the dollar supposedly collapsing at exactly 28th may 2016.

Even if this is not going to happen (I mean it might happen, but predictions with dates this specific are unlikely to happen) it might cause some people to flee to crypto.

Will may 28th bring a significant increase in bitcoin value or will this just blow over like all other doomsday predictions?

I think it will just blow over like all other predictions, but it would be cool if it would have at least some effect on bitcoin.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2016, 05:53:41 PM

lol isnt may 28th the scheduled collapse of ETH?

zimmah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 05:59:07 PM

The funniest thing about all this is that in all those videos i have seen a lot of arguments in favor of a dollar collapse, but none of them mention why specifically on may 28th.

mean it's plain obvious the dollar is on its last legs, but what makes may 28th so significant?

that being said, if enough people believe the dollar will crash on may 28th it will become a self fulfilling prophecy.
chesthing
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:20:37 PM

The dollar ain't going anywhere, numbnuts.
Jmild1

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:38:54 PM

I see it all over youtube, I know youtube videos on economy are completely unreliable, but there seems to be an awful lot of FUD about the dollar supposedly collapsing at exactly 28th may 2016.

Even if this is not going to happen (I mean it might happen, but predictions with dates this specific are unlikely to happen) it might cause some people to flee to crypto.

Will may 28th bring a significant increase in bitcoin value or will this just blow over like all other doomsday predictions?

I think it will just blow over like all other predictions, but it would be cool if it would have at least some effect on bitcoin.
But we need a valid claim with supporting details to be able to see if it's really a good prediction or just a bullshit.
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:47:37 PM

Not ETH, DAO, well, which in a chain reaction will make ETH fall too. I think ETH has way bigger chances to collapse in 28th than chances the dollar has to collapse on that day, so you know what to do. If you haven't shorted your ETH already you are bagholding.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 06:52:18 PM

The dollar vigilant and his youtube butt buddies have been plastering the USD doom on youtube for quite some time now. It has been collapsing every month/year between that time, be it the jubilee, shemitah 7 year cycle etc. Most of the others just carry on his theories and charge the scared each month for the fix (scamming. While interesting and hints of truth do surface I go by not listening to people on youtube that have ulterior motives 99% of the time. I would make a bet with everything I own that it will not collapse on that date.
hd060053

Activity: 601
Merit: 503

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:02:43 PM

wont collapse on 28. lol. Maybe in 4-5 years when euro crashed before
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:06:23 PM

Yeah....all these spammy videos, containing old videos that has fk all to do with May 28th.........total and utter bullshit, like so much political/economical commentary on Youtube.....whatever....

With that said, there is a Earth, Venus, Saturn (the 'evil' planet) 120° cross due on the 1st June.....when an EVU cross appears, markets have the habit of taking violent swings. EVUs have a track record of coinciding with significant market pivot points.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
r0ach
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 07:08:34 PM

total and utter bullshit

MatTheCat reverse indicator is in.  Dollar crash confirmed.

......ATLANT......
..Real Estate Blockchain Platform..
                    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                    ████████████░
                  ▄██████████████░
                 ▒███████▄████████░
                ▒█████████░████████░
                ▀███████▀█████████
                  ██████████████
           ███████▐██▀████▐██▄████████░
          ▄████▄█████████▒████▌█████████░
         ███████▄█████████▀██████████████░
        █████████▌█████████▐█████▄████████░
        ▀█████████████████▐███████████████
          █████▀████████ ░███████████████
    ██████▐██████████▄████████████████████████░
  ▄████▄████████▐███████████████░▄▄▄▄░████████░
 ▄██████▄█████████▐█████▄█████████▀████▄█████████░
███████████████████▐█████▄█████████▐██████████████░
▀████████▀█████████▒██████████████▐█████▀█████████
  ████████████████ █████▀█████████████████████████
   ▀██▀██████████ ▐█████████████  ▀██▀██████████
    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀█████████    ▀▀██████████

..INVEST  ●  RENT  ●  TRADE..
 ✓Assurance     ✓Price Discovery     ✓Liquidity     ✓Low Fees

███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

◣Whitepaper ◣ANN ThreadTelegram
◣ Facebook     ◣ Reddit          ◣ Slack

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███

Hero/Legendary members
zimmah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 25, 2016, 08:10:14 PM

Yeah....all these spammy videos, containing old videos that has fk all to do with May 28th.........total and utter bullshit, like so much political/economical commentary on Youtube.....whatever....

With that said, there is a Earth, Venus, Saturn (the 'evil' planet) 120° cross due on the 1st June.....when an EVU cross appears, markets have the habit of taking violent swings. EVUs have a track record of coinciding with significant market pivot points.

superstition is as good a reason as any for markets to crash.

markets are basically psychology after all.
MatTheCat

Activity: 840

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 01:15:48 AM

The effects of a full moon on ions in the atmosphere is well known, and whilst their is no 'evidence' that this effects human behaviour, any emergency services worker or medical professional who has ever worked in A&E, will tell you that people tend to be more 'crazy' on a full moon. I myself, often have trouble getting to sleep on a full moon, as do many others. Often the first I know that it is a full moon, is when I realise I am too restless to sleep.

Moral of the story, astrological bodies subtly influence energy fields on earth, which in turn influence us, and our behaviour.

Kraken Account, Robbed/Emptied. Kraken say "Fuck you, its your loss": https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559553.msg15656643#msg15656643

Bitfinex victims. DO NOT TOUCH THE BFX TOKEN! Start moving it around, or trading it, and you will be construed as having accepted it as an alternative means of payment to your USD, BTC, etc.
talks_cheep
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
May 26, 2016, 02:56:08 AM

total and utter bullshit

MatTheCat reverse indicator is in.  Dollar crash confirmed.

Super cockr0ach reverse indicator is in. Dollar crash unsubstantiated.

zimmah (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 27, 2016, 09:57:49 AM

The effects of a full moon on ions in the atmosphere is well known, and whilst their is no 'evidence' that this effects human behaviour, any emergency services worker or medical professional who has ever worked in A&E, will tell you that people tend to be more 'crazy' on a full moon. I myself, often have trouble getting to sleep on a full moon, as do many others. Often the first I know that it is a full moon, is when I realise I am too restless to sleep.

Moral of the story, astrological bodies subtly influence energy fields on earth, which in turn influence us, and our behaviour.

well, whatever it is, it seems like at least some people put their money where their mouth is and buy bitcoin just in case.

I don't mind at all.
RastoMan

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 29, 2016, 08:03:27 PM

lol isnt may 28th the scheduled collapse of ETH?

The Ethereum price already crashed, it crashed from $15 to $12.5 at present. That is 16% correction.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
June 01, 2016, 02:45:03 AM

And now ETH is heading back up again.

The whole "Dollar collapse" FUD crap seems to have originated from a comment Putzkin (that Russie ex-KGB type) made - and like MOST of his BS should have been taken with a couple tons of salt.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
RastoMan

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2016, 06:55:53 AM

And now ETH is heading back up again.

The whole "Dollar collapse" FUD crap seems to have originated from a comment Putzkin (that Russie ex-KGB type) made - and like MOST of his BS should have been taken with a couple tons of salt.

The price is around $14 again. The price support is very strong. So the whales are deteremined to keep the price high.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: