Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:23:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Re: Bitcointalk Escrows - Trade Safely!  (Read 569 times)
thesame12 (OP)

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2016, 03:16:20 PM

Hey, shouldn't the OP get stickied?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2016, 07:41:44 PM

Hey, shouldn't the OP get stickied?

I'm surprised to see that it really is not stickied. Ok, one could claim why should that have a special place but it is not a service only but a security feature of the forum... somehow. For most escrows not even a service because it is not really paying out in a monetary sense.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 02:33:36 AM

Send a PM to a mod here if you want it sticky. (Or report your own post, and comment for any mod to see it.)

Mist

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

:)

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 03:31:24 AM

Should really be stickied, this is an extremely important part of trading that everyone needs to know.
mexxer-2

Activity: 924
Merit: 1003

4 Mana 7/7

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 05:58:54 AM

In the case that this thread does get stickied. It would be better suited to be sticky it on the Global marketplace board or in Digital goods, where it will be easily seen by the new members conducting a trade or whatnot
Altynbekova

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2016, 08:30:43 AM

I prefer the non-instant escrow contracts, usually these are physical items shipped, or when the buyer and seller can wait a few hours.

Yes, I mean some escrows seem to be online all the time, even without a script that automatically checks the forum and lets them look like being online. Though it can't be done for all. So I often lose escrow requests because I'm answering too late. Tongue

Though another good thing is that deals where the trading partner try to push you and are in a rush, are not seldom a scammers attempt to hide an error in the product. Hopes the escrow doesn't check the item in escrow well enough or so.

So better not letting someone push you.
The important thing is that you must trade safely that is very important otherwise you will lose it and that will be so bad.
I hope later that more people will be careful and that they can easily trade without scammers, that will be good.
SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2016, 10:59:02 AM

Altynbekova

I hope later that more people will be careful and that they can easily trade without scammers, that will be good.

Unfortunately I don't see this coming. I'm in the bitcoin area since many years and the scamming risk never became less. Well a bit because users learned, so the amounts scammed became smaller but till now I don't see a save way to deal without including an escrow or mediator.

Dabs

I sometime have the impression that mods delete posts, that are reported by users known for their judgement, without checking it. Later then recover when complaints are valid.

I fear reporting your own post might not end well. Cheesy

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 05:49:11 AM

Dabs

I sometime have the impression that mods delete posts, that are reported by users known for their judgement, without checking it. Later then recover when complaints are valid.

Mods can read the comment part of your report. They will also see that the reporting user is the same as the reported user. And more than one mod will see it.

Only Newbies with 1 or no posts usually get nuked without much thinking (due to large numbers of spammers). Everyone else, we have to look and see if they actually violated a forum rule.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 09:40:56 AM

Dabs

Mods can read the comment part of your report. They will also see that the reporting user is the same as the reported user. And more than one mod will see it.

Only Newbies with 1 or no posts usually get nuked without much thinking (due to large numbers of spammers). Everyone else, we have to look and see if they actually violated a forum rule.

Ah ok, thanks for clearing that up. Sounds a bit like a fast way to get in contact with mods. Sometimes I have the impression pm's are overread by most mods. Cheesy Well, the report description is short, maybe that helps...

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 02:00:22 PM

Well, it's a report, ... it should only be used to report posts or threads. If you have personal business with any mod, you should still send them a PM directly.

(I mean, I don't conduct escrows through reports, hahaha.)

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 19, 2016, 02:16:39 PM

Well, it's a report, ... it should only be used to report posts or threads. If you have personal business with any mod, you should still send them a PM directly.

(I mean, I don't conduct escrows through reports, hahaha.)

Cheesy Nah, don't take me too serious... it's only that some mods don't even answer if they think it's not important or so. Though a statement sometimes would be good. Well, can't be avoided. Mods probably have their hands full of work so that even short answers might eat a lot of time. Not to speak of triggering more messages with it.

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 19, 2016, 05:28:25 PM

The alt-coin section always needs a lot of cleaning up; always fighting about which coin is better than the other blah blah bleh bleh.. The people in my local section are pretty well behaved, most of the time.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 02:03:16 AM

Thread was divided and pushed into meta. Guess we need some new voices regarding that topic now. Tongue

Dabs
Legendary

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
March 23, 2016, 03:50:25 AM

Besides, if a person is actually a user with good trust levels, at some point I'm sure they'd want to abuse that title like any other person would.

If you are talking about yourself, that's fine. But be careful if you are implying that all other people think the same way.

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3640
Merit: 8908

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2016, 04:16:17 AM

Besides, if a person is actually a user with good trust levels, at some point I'm sure they'd want to abuse that title like any other person would.

If you are talking about yourself, that's fine. But be careful if you are implying that all other people think the same way.

PakistanHockeyfan is just a sig spammer... made a ton of worthless or outright false posts in meta threads recently.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: