Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:06:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Avalon ASIC Batch #2 Sales Update (Last Updated 2013-02-12 17:56 EST)  (Read 43246 times)
Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:27:42 PM

any idea when the site will be back up? I have bitcoins ready to be spent at walletbit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Integ
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1010

!

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:28:37 PM

This has been the worst online shopping experience in my life.
Avalon,WalletBit you lose one unsatisfied customer.
I hope, they will lose all. It's just the discrediting of the idea of mixed payments.

Ecли Bы дaвнo coбиpaлиcь oтпpaвить мнe дeньги, нo бoялиcь пpeдлoжить - y Bac ecть шaнc cдeлaть этo! - гoкc кинyл мeня нa 31248 caтoши!
1NiWhDiKGfyWj4EoJXDLm1J3SXsZSjUCjB (пoлyчeнo, cпacибo! )))
regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:31:02 PM

I'm guessing Walletbit was chosen because they take the juice from the buyer whereas the other processors charge the seller.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 06:32:31 PM

Lets all relax and let them work through these issues.  Support at Walletbit was quick to get back to me and I have a pending ticket at Avalon.  That is what people should use so they can get an organized list of all the issues and questions.     They are likely overwhelmed as well and when dealing with Bitcoins is like cash, make a mistake and you can take real losses.  

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
spiccioli
Legendary

Activity: 1378
Merit: 1003

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:41:56 PM

Lets all relax and let them work through these issues.  Support at Walletbit was quick to get back to me and I have a pending ticket at Avalon.  That is what people should use so they can get an organized list of all the issues and questions.     They are likely overwhelmed as well and when dealing with Bitcoins is like cash, make a mistake and you can take real losses.  

Dalkore,

where did you open a ticket at Avalon? In their store even after login there is nothing which resembles an issue tracking form/button/email...

Thanks.

spiccioli
bittenbob (OP)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:52:23 PM

If your payments were made from an address you don't control (ie MTGox) please get in contact with WalletBit support. All incomplete orders will be refunded and we want to make sure they are processed correctly. Please make sure to include your order and payment details.

Once again - IF YOU DO NOT CONTROL THE BITCOIN ADDRESS YOU MADE PAYMENT FROM PLEASE CONTACT WALLETBIT SUPPORT
spiccioli
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 06:58:53 PM

If your payments were made from an address you don't control (ie MTGox) please get in contact with WalletBit support. All incomplete orders will be refunded and we want to make sure they are processed correctly. Please make sure to include your order and payment details.

Once again - IF YOU DO NOT CONTROL THE BITCOIN ADDRESS YOU MADE PAYMENT FROM PLEASE CONTACT WALLETBIT SUPPORT

bittenbob,

I've sent an email to support@walletbit.com but it got bounced saying it was spamming!! Sad

Please get in touch with me, I've written a personal message to you here.

spiccioli.

fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:01:08 PM

What about the orders where a person can still pay since they kept the url to bitwallet's site and the price looks accurate?
For example: https://walletbit.com/pay?token=blahblahblah... which still works if I goto it.

I was one who did not want to pay such a tiny amount that was wrong... but did keep track of things enough where
I could pay once things have been ironed out.
Vicus

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:06:44 PM

What about the orders where a person can still pay since they kept the url to bitwallet's site and the price looks accurate?
For example: https://walletbit.com/pay?token=blahblahblah... which still works if I goto it.

I was one who did not want to pay such a tiny amount that was wrong... but did keep track of things enough where
I did that way: refreshed page, amount looks correct, paid via my Bitcoin wallet and end up with message: "Incorrect Configuration, did you input your Token ?".
Now sent request to support stuff to approve transaction to Avalon or to refund it back to me. They answered:
All Avalon orders are being reviewed and successful orders will be confirmed . We are manually processing the details from every order right now as we investigate issues. We will be unable to look into your specific request until we complete this manual review process. I will attach a follow up in this ticket to make sure we get back to you. We thank you for your patience during this time.
So, waiting future answers....
Integ
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1010

!

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:09:00 PM

bittenbob, you must set the correct order, but did not return the money! Losses from your mistakes much more of this stuff.

Ecли Bы дaвнo coбиpaлиcь oтпpaвить мнe дeньги, нo бoялиcь пpeдлoжить - y Bac ecть шaнc cдeлaть этo! - гoкc кинyл мeня нa 31248 caтoши!
1NiWhDiKGfyWj4EoJXDLm1J3SXsZSjUCjB (пoлyчeнo, cпacибo! )))
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 07:09:50 PM

I did that way: refreshed page, amount looks correct, paid via my Bitcoin wallet and end up with message: "Incorrect Configuration, did you input your Token ?".
Now sent request to support stuff to approve transaction to Avalon or to refund it back to me. They answered:
All Avalon orders are being reviewed and successful orders will be confirmed . We are manually processing the details from every order right now as we investigate issues. We will be unable to look into your specific request until we complete this manual review process. I will attach a follow up in this ticket to make sure we get back to you. We thank you for your patience during this time.
So, waiting future answers....

Please update me when you find out. Thank you. I would like to pay but it appears they need some time to work on this. I cannot have 1500 in btc tied up until i am sure it is paying for a unit from batch #2.
neotrix

Activity: 428

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 07:47:06 PM

bittenbob I pai 2 unit at like real price

Please keep us updated I didnt receive or anything

http://blockchain.info/th/tx/8937046c3183584d30ea63f10ccf02dbc328866ba185f38b5336c787803a90c1

Crypto-trade.com : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=149458.0
https://koddos.com and http://kovpslayer.com.  "Bitcointalkdiscount" to get 10% discount recurring.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 08:54:41 PM

Dalkore,

where did you open a ticket at Avalon? In their store even after login there is nothing which resembles an issue tracking form/button/email...

Thanks.

spiccioli

Support Ticket at Avalon:  http://support.avalon-asic.com/home

Note:  I know this process could of gone better but I implore everyone to take a deep breath and collect your thoughts and state your case to Avalon.   I have done e-commerce for over 10 years (developing cart and customizing) and I know something this simple can have issues without tons of time to work out the bugs.  Put a ticket in and let them go through them and respond.  It will take time for the to work with the merchant processor to get the data they have and see if there is more data they can put together to figure out the plan for any errors. 

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 08:57:14 PM

I too hastily opened a walletbit account and deposited 100 BTC so that I would have it in place to pay for an order should I be able to place one.

Now I see that only 99.11 BTC is reflected in my Dashboard balance.

WTF?  Why should they charge me a fee to receive my funds?  It's not like it costs them anything.  This seems like a very shady thing to do.  Imagine if a bank tried this!  Talk about a bait and switch!

I think that walletbit was a poor choice as a payment processor on Avalon's part for the reason above.   Also because the site fell over under load, and also because it asks one to "blindly" send payment to a bitcoin address, without generating an email, or even providing so much an an order ID, payment ID, or any other kind of token aside from the bitcoin address itself.

Boo.  Walletbit--

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
beekeeper

Activity: 406

LTC

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 09:07:49 PM

There is no FROM address in bitcoin.

Are you also planning to reimburse people when you send their payments into the void?

You are mistaken.  There is a FROM address in bitcoin [inputs into the transaction].  There might be multiple FROM addresses, but they are there.  

EDIT: The only problem I would see with it is if somebody did something foolish like try to withdraw coins from an exchange directly to the "Pay to" address.

I did so and it wasn't foolish. I have no wallet, only wallets I keep around on mining pools and exchanges.. Sad

25Khs at 5W Litecoin USB dongle (FPGA), 45kHs overclocked
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=310926
Litecoin FPGA shop -> http://ltcgear.com
spiccioli
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:13:19 PM

I think that walletbit was a poor choice as a payment processor on Avalon's part for the reason above.   Also because the site fell over under load, and also because it asks one to "blindly" send payment to a bitcoin address, without generating an email, or even providing so much an an order ID, payment ID, or any other kind of token aside from the bitcoin address itself.

Boo.  Walletbit--

True,

I've recovered the url store.avalon-asics.com used to call wallet bit, it is in my browser history.

I can confirm that my email was correctly spelled, so they could have sent an email confirming the transaction and the bitcoin address used.

spiccioli
spiccioli
Legendary

nec sine labore

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 09:52:28 PM

I've just received a mail from WalletBit, the order has been acknowledged and I'm waiting for a confirmation from Avalon team/Yifu.

Thanks WalletBit for the quick reply.

spiccioli
BitcoinRate.com

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 10:28:49 PM

Just received an email saying I get the refund. However I don't want the refund I want to know I can safely transfer the rest of the money to you guys so I can pay for my order.

★ Get +16GB extra on your Dropbox: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142163.0
monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 10:49:25 PM

All orders for incorrect amounts will be fully refunded.

WalletBit will return these funds to the Bitcoin addresses they were sent from. These units will be restored to the sales queue. At a time of Avalon's choosing they will re-open sales for these remaining units. All orders processed at the correct exchange rate will still be honored.

This doesn't make sense though.

The people who paid the incorrect amounts did so to submit the order, as that was their only option.

Why not keep the orders and simply send a new payment request for each order, this is very easy to do and honors the transaction.

It was out of people's control on who recieved a correct payment page, and who received and incorrect payment page.

this
BitcoinRate.com

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 10:51:24 PM

All orders for incorrect amounts will be fully refunded.

WalletBit will return these funds to the Bitcoin addresses they were sent from. These units will be restored to the sales queue. At a time of Avalon's choosing they will re-open sales for these remaining units. All orders processed at the correct exchange rate will still be honored.

This doesn't make sense though.

The people who paid the incorrect amounts did so to submit the order, as that was their only option.

Why not keep the orders and simply send a new payment request for each order, this is very easy to do and honors the transaction.

It was out of people's control on who recieved a correct payment page, and who received and incorrect payment page.

this

this indeed

★ Get +16GB extra on your Dropbox: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142163.0
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: