Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 05:08:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Avalon ASIC Batch #2 Sales Update (Last Updated 2013-02-12 17:56 EST)  (Read 43246 times)
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 11:07:19 PM

All orders for incorrect amounts will be fully refunded.

WalletBit will return these funds to the Bitcoin addresses they were sent from. These units will be restored to the sales queue. At a time of Avalon's choosing they will re-open sales for these remaining units. All orders processed at the correct exchange rate will still be honored.

This doesn't make sense though.

The people who paid the incorrect amounts did so to submit the order, as that was their only option.

Why not keep the orders and simply send a new payment request for each order, this is very easy to do and honors the transaction.

It was out of people's control on who recieved a correct payment page, and who received and incorrect payment page.

this

this indeed

By that logic so If the bug was not $1, but $10000 you guys would've still paid?

Again: there's no such thing as placeholder order

It was a bug and it will be refunded, and orders will open again in the future for those who did not manage to place an proper order.

this is final.

Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinRate.com

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 11:20:59 PM

No, that is another scenario which, firstly didn't happen, and secondly does not follow 'by that logic'.

I think we all thought paying the small amount would make sure you guys would know we were real customers that just didn't get the opportunity to pay the right amount and that we would get in front of the line to make the real payment. What else do you expect? That I pay 1500 dollar while clearly both the store site and walletbit site are fucked up.

But apparently you don't reward this behavior and are planning to screw over willing customers by letting them sacrifice another day's worth of effort and another round of needing luck to get through. Great job.

★ Get +16GB extra on your Dropbox: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142163.0
exahash

Activity: 278
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 11:22:06 PM

I went through my history and got to the payment screen just now.  It's showing the right price in USD and BTC.  Should I pay?  I did not pay before.  I have no idea who to ask!
fcmatt
Legendary

Activity: 2072
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 11:23:18 PM

I went through my history and got to the payment screen just now.  It's showing the right price in USD and BTC.  Should I pay?  I did not pay before.  I have no idea who to ask!

I would also like to know this.
I knew paying the small amount was wrong and simply held off.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 11:24:01 PM

From hero to villain in a few days...

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Plazzman

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 11:33:46 PM

I would also like to know this.
I knew paying the small amount was wrong and simply held off.

[/quote]

Same here 4 times over... Was wrong amount every time and that is after the struggle to get correct amount in cart..
Good luck everyone as I will pass on Avalon at this point.. And that is final..!!!  Smiley
monkee

Activity: 172
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 11:39:25 PM

it seems obvious to me to honor those partial sales and send out invoices* and quickly before btc changes much

only reason i can think that they would not just send an invoice is if more than 600 partial transactions + full sales took place

bitsyncom, we are not trying to rip you off, we are fans of you. let us pay you and you have evidence from the $1 transactions who your most dedicated fans are! we knew it was broken but trusted that you would be honorable, not like bfl Sad  you are supposed to be the honest asic vendor, please do not ruin it now, you were doing so well!
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 11:41:18 PM

You can complain all you want. Shit was broke. Sucks for everyone. Just because you wont order the next time doesnt mean someone else wont take your place. There is a lot more demand then supply. Any new orders with BFL are now looking at end of April delivery.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
BitcoinRate.com

Activity: 116
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 11:52:41 PM

You can complain all you want. Shit was broke. Sucks for everyone. Just because you wont order the next time doesnt mean someone else wont take your place. There is a lot more demand then supply. Any new orders with BFL are now looking at end of April delivery.

You're right, because there is more demand than supply it means Avalon can handle it like this. They won't lose any dollar or BTC over this for sure. But that doesn't mean it's the right thing to do.

★ Get +16GB extra on your Dropbox: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=142163.0
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 11:55:30 PM

the real question becomes,

how much are you going to pay me for my batch 2 avalon?

Beepbop

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 02, 2013, 11:57:02 PM

Maybe it has to do with Walletbit not being able to dump the BTC on the market fast enough to keep up with orders. It's not like it's smart to hold large amounts of USD tied up in BTC.
Dalkore
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026

Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012

View Profile WWW
February 02, 2013, 11:57:13 PM

it seems obvious to me to honor those partial sales and send out invoices* and quickly before btc changes much

only reason i can think that they would not just send an invoice is if more than 600 partial transactions + full sales took place

bitsyncom, we are not trying to rip you off, we are fans of you. let us pay you and you have evidence from the $1 transactions who your most dedicated fans are! we knew it was broken but trusted that you would be honorable, not like bfl Sad  you are supposed to be the honest asic vendor, please do not ruin it now, you were doing so well!

I don't think BitSyncom is being dishonest here.  He gave a direct answer, not one that everyone wants to hear, but a direct one. Yes there was issues but they had to make a call and for all we know, it could be a nightmare on their because of the volume of orders.  

They likely identified issues in their new shopping cart and process, fixing it and it will run smoother.   We should be more happy we actually have competition in the space and someone is shipping.  Lets not lose sight on that.  Make sure you get your Walletbit account setup and load it with coins once the new sale in announced so you can pay through the checkout much easier.  You never know, you might of not had a shot this time and actually you are getting another shot.  Cup is half full at this point.

Hosting: Low as $60.00 per KW - Link
Transaction List: jayson3 +5 - ColdHardMetal +3 - Nolo +2 - CoinHoarder +1 - Elxiliath +1 - tymm0 +1 - Johnniewalker +1 - Oscer +1 - Davidj411 +1 - BitCoiner2012 +1 - dstruct2k +1 - Philj +1 - camolist +1 - exahash +1 - Littleshop +1 - Severian +1 - DebitMe +1 - lepenguin +1 - StringTheory +1 - amagimetals +1 - jcoin200 +1 - serp +1 - klintay +1 - -droid- +1 - FlutterPie +1
Integ
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1010

!

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 12:02:38 AM

Make sure you get your Walletbit account setup and load it with coins once the new sale in announced so you can pay through the checkout much easier.  You never know, you might of not had a shot this time and actually you are getting another shot.  Cup is half full at this point.
I had done all this in advance. And what's the use?

Ecли Bы дaвнo coбиpaлиcь oтпpaвить мнe дeньги, нo бoялиcь пpeдлoжить - y Bac ecть шaнc cдeлaть этo! - гoкc кинyл мeня нa 31248 caтoши!
1NiWhDiKGfyWj4EoJXDLm1J3SXsZSjUCjB (пoлyчeнo, cпacибo! )))
dust

Activity: 840

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 12:20:54 AM

What will the advantage be to pre-loading a Walletbit account with btc?  Walletbit allows checkout by paying straight to an address.

Cryptocoin Mining Info | OTC | PGP | Twitter | freenode: dust-otc | BTC: 1F6fV4U2xnpAuKtmQD6BWpK3EuRosKzF8U
monkee

Activity: 172

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 01:21:50 AM

and i should have said "honorable" not honest.  i do not mean to accuse bitsyncom of dishonesty, i just wish they would honor the order of sales or checkouts. it's not like we are demanding he honor the price of $1, just the order in which people checked out.  it seems very reasonable, ethical, and easier for avalon to me.  plus, calling a "do over" when you have "no refunds" in red bold print is pretty hypocritical. i guess refunds are ok as long as it doesn't benefit the consumer.
mog

Activity: 76
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 01:25:46 AM

I apologize for thinking walletbit knew how to operate as a payment processor.
Your company had the ball on this and dropped it. Great job.
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 02:13:21 AM

This was the most epic fail I've ever seen in online payment processing. I've wasted hours trying to purchase a product from you guys and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Can you please test your own system before you waste hundreds of people's valuable time and risk everybody's funds and personal information? Perhaps you guys could even explain the process beforehand so people know what to expect?

el_rlee
Legendary

Activity: 1600
Merit: 1014

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 03:22:50 AM

I too hastily opened a walletbit account and deposited 100 BTC so that I would have it in place to pay for an order should I be able to place one.

Now I see that only 99.11 BTC is reflected in my Dashboard balance.

WTF?  Why should they charge me a fee to receive my funds?  It's not like it costs them anything.  This seems like a very shady thing to do.  Imagine if a bank tried this!  Talk about a bait and switch!

I think that walletbit was a poor choice as a payment processor on Avalon's part for the reason above.   Also because the site fell over under load, and also because it asks one to "blindly" send payment to a bitcoin address, without generating an email, or even providing so much an an order ID, payment ID, or any other kind of token aside from the bitcoin address itself.

Boo.  Walletbit--

this. so much this.

The only problem I would see with it is if somebody did something foolish like try to withdraw coins from an exchange directly to the "Pay to" address.

I paid directly from within MTgox, do I get it back when you send to that address?

I also paid from Mt Gox

I paid from Mt. Gox assuming using a green address would speed up the whole thing....
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 03:45:39 AM

This was the most epic fail I've ever seen in online payment processing. I've wasted hours trying to purchase a product from you guys and have absolutely nothing to show for it. Can you please test your own system before you waste hundreds of people's valuable time and risk everybody's funds and personal information? Perhaps you guys could even explain the process beforehand so people know what to expect?

This.^^^

I am pleased Avalon is the real deal but how can you attempt to process ~$1,000,000 in customer orders and not have fully tested your software. Epic fail in my opinion. This isn't a kindergarten project. Real capital is being sent to you folks and based on the outcome it appears you aren't taking it very seriously.

Lol a "bug"

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1003

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 04:04:27 AM

You know, Bitsyncom should reprogram their web page to institute a ticket system.

First thing you should see is "request a ticket". Bam, IP is recorded as an established session with a number. "Your session number is 233 of 600."

Additionally it should say "Your session will stay active for 20 minutes, then you will lose your spot".

With that ticket the server responds only to those with the established session and ignores any other user requests until the 20 minutes are up and someone can be assigned a new slot.

Those folks then order, checkout and pay. All inside of 20 minutes.

-----------------------

Then slots are freed and another number of folks take their spot. Order as many as they need, etc.

This stuff about a free for all where 1000 people hammer a server (or server instance) for the chance to order something at checkout seems pretty dodgy to me.

The whole current model of ordering is practically creating a whole DDOS situation only with legitimate traffic. No one gets to checkout in one piece with that much contention.

----------------------

Walletbit definitely did not have the capacity to handle that much traffic at checkout.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: