Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:36:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now!  (Read 174425 times)
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 01:25:53 PM

I have some problem understanding how unique impressions is counted as Google analytics and other advertising companies gives me other figures. IS there a minimum time for impressions?
What other besides different IP is required to count as unique?

Thanks vm

Best regards,

Thanks for your question.

It is one of the most often questions asked by publishers. We count unique impressions based on the unique IPs in the scope of the whole advertising network per 24 hours, that's why our stats are different from other advertising networks.

One IP address can generate only 1 unique impression per 24 hours in the scope of the whole advertising network. Since we are not pay-per-click or pay-per-impression, we use this metric to evaluate the relative size of the traffic sources. See the discussion earlier in this thread, e. g.: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=140822.msg11536231#msg11536231 and the blog post with explanation:  http://blog.anonymousads.com/2014/08/why-am-i-not-paid-for-clicks-what-is.html)

There is one more detail though: for ad units of type "Site" we check browser headers to ensure that traffic comes from the same domain, if domain is invalid then we don't count impression as unique.

I have now understood...but admin should clearly explain on his site and not only here because soon we will have over 100 pages...

Yes, there is a blog post that explains it: http://blog.anonymousads.com/2014/08/why-am-i-not-paid-for-clicks-what-is.html -- there are couple of links to it from the FAQ section of the site (https://a-ads.com/faq), also it is linked from the first post in this thread (that is linked from the site too). People still don't notice it.

We'll need to re-work the publishers interface. Perhaps we should just display non-unique impressions by default (but still use unique impressions as our main metric for funds distribution).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Axiantor

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 06:13:04 PM

Thanks. Your answer is very clear.

I ask this as i'm not a web/programmer expert. Since my ad is a site type what kind of traffic could turn my domain as invalid? This clarification would be wonderful for me so i could eliminated that kind of traffic for my site so they wouldnt count as non-unique.

Best regards.
vafelcz

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2015, 08:25:23 PM

I really like this site, it looks so professional! Cheesy
But can you please add option to create account?
It will be easier to maintain adverts and stuff..
Just my opinion Smiley
Thanks and bye Smiley

>> XOTIKA.tv <<    Adult cam site powered by cryptocurrency
██████████████████████████████████████████████████
Tip hot girls online with your Bitcoin We accept Bitcoin, Dogecoin and many more
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 21, 2015, 08:34:29 PM

Since my ad is a site type what kind of traffic could turn my domain as invalid? This clarification would be wonderful for me so i could eliminated that kind of traffic for my site so they wouldnt count as non-unique.

If you embed your ad unit to the URL specified upon ad unit creation or to any other URL under the same domain then there is no problem. But if you embed it to sites from other domains or generate traffic directly from mobile apps, browser extensions, etc, then it won't be counted as unique because domain name won't match.

But can you please add option to create account?

Thanks for your feedback. Yes, this sounds like a good idea.

Do you think it would be sufficient to enable our users to get registered with their public email addresses? We'd prefer not to keep others' secrets (like private email addresses).

Salmen
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1020

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2015, 08:48:36 PM

I like the site.
No withdrawal fee and low mininum payout limit.
Your site is a musthave.

Cheers
Salmen

Young Developer amidst Europe. Specialized in Web Programming and Creating Telegram Bots. Looking for a developer? Feel free to drop a mail to me.
Running JaguarBitcoin - Your Place For Scripts
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 22, 2015, 09:48:05 PM

About the new update where advertisers can bid on blocks with min 1000 satoshis per day, is it possible if the publishers set the min bid themselves? Might be better for both parties. Tongue

Actually publishers can set it in the "Edit" tab. It is a new (not yet announced) feature. The idea behind it is that if publisher earns less than desired, then 100*(1-<average income>/<min bid>) % of impressions will be considered unsold and used to display affiliate ads in order to increase the chances of earning affiliate rewards.

Ok, now this feature is announced (Min bid renamed to Min daily income -- should be easier to understand).

I like the site.
No withdrawal fee and low mininum payout limit.
Your site is a musthave.

Cheers
Salmen

Thanks for kind words! We are far from being perfect but I hope we are moving in the right direction.

winspiral
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026

Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 02:26:38 PM

Are you not to generous with Minimum Daily Income (MDI) 1000 satoshi?
Or perhaps something in wrong in my understanding.
On what have you set the MDI?

Why 1000?
I can set it higher...ok
what is my interest to do it?
I do not know...perhaps I should?
perhaps I should not?

I have been on your blog...But I feel I need more explanations.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:27:15 PM

Why 1000?
I can set it higher...ok
perhaps I should not?

Thanks for your message. Sorry for not being clear.

Minimum Daily Income (MDI) represents the minimum level of income you expect to earn from your ad unit per day.

You probably know something about the quantity and quality of your traffic and you expect that your average daily income should be in a certain range. So just set the MDI to the lower bound of that range.

If advertisers pay you less than MDI then they won't get 100% of your impressions, your unsold impressions will be used to display free affiliate programs that can potentially increase your income if your traffic converts well. That's the main idea behind this feature.

If advertisers pay you more than MDI then your traffic will be considered monetized and no impressions will be used to display affiliate ads for free.

If you set MDI too high then that might decrease your income due to advertisers' Max CPM constraints.

Why 1000?

The default value is small enough to prevent a significant increase of traffic cost for advertisers, but at the same time it is big enough to prevent advertisers from monopolizing ad units by paying them just few satoshis a day. It gives a chance to new or severely undervalued ad units with useful but mostly non-unique traffic to earn more.

Theoretically your daily income should depend on quantity and quality (fair value) of your traffic, but we are not yet good at measuring it, so we ask our publishers to set their expectations of MDI.

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 04:39:28 PM

Why 1000?
I can set it higher...ok
perhaps I should not?

Thanks for your message. Sorry for not being clear.

Minimum Daily Income (MDI) represents the minimum level of income you expect to earn from your ad unit per day.

You probably know something about the quantity and quality of your traffic and you expect that your average daily income should be in a certain range. So just set the MDI to the lower bound of that range.

If advertisers pay you less than MDI then they won't get 100% of your impressions, your unsold impressions will be used to display free affiliate programs that can potentially increase your income if your traffic converts well. That's the main idea behind this feature.

If advertisers pay you more than MDI then your traffic will be considered monetized and no impressions will be used to display affiliate ads for free.

If you set MDI too high then that might decrease your income due to advertisers' Max CPM constraints.

Why 1000?

The default value is small enough to prevent a significant increase of traffic cost for advertisers, but at the same time it is big enough to prevent advertisers from monopolizing ad units by paying them just few satoshis a day. It gives a chance to new or severely undervalued ad units with quality traffic to earn more.

Theoretically it should depend on quantity and quality (fair value) of your traffic, but we are not yet good at measuring it, so we ask our publishers to set their expectations of MDI.

Thanks,
now it is clear for me:
you should not call it:Minimum Daily Income (MDI)
if as you say it is "Minimum Daily Income (MDI) represents the minimum level of income you expect to earn from your ad unit per day."
Then you shoud at least call it:"Expected Minimum Daily Income"
Because one could be confused about real income and expected income.

But for me it is now clear...

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 04:46:41 PM

Thanks,
now it is clear for me:
if as you say it is "Minimum Daily Income (MDI) represents the minimum level of income you expect to earn from your ad unit per day."

Thanks for your feedback. I think "Expected Minimum Daily Income" is too long. Do you think "Expected Daily Income" would be good enough?

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2015, 05:06:05 PM

Thanks,
now it is clear for me:

Thanks for your feedback. I think "Expected Minimum Daily Income" is too long. Do you think "Expected Daily Income" would be good enough?

Yes good enough.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2015, 08:45:19 PM

Renamed "Min Daily Income" to "Expected Daily Income". Hopefully it is easier to understand the meaning of this parameter now. Or would "Desired Daily Income" be better?  Roll Eyes

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2015, 09:44:42 PM

Renamed "Min Daily Income" to "Expected Daily Income". Hopefully it is easier to understand the meaning of this parameter now. Or would "Desired Daily Income" be better?  Roll Eyes

I'm not enough clever in English language...desired is nicer but perhaps less appropriated for an income?

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2015, 06:59:41 AM

Renamed "Min Daily Income" to "Expected Daily Income". Hopefully it is easier to understand the meaning of this parameter now. Or would "Desired Daily Income" be better?  Roll Eyes

I'm not enough clever in English language...desired is nicer but perhaps less appropriated for an income?

I am not either. So if anybody thinks that "Desired income" is a better title for this parameter or has another word for it then please let me know.

Since "unique impressions" in terms of a-ads means something different from what our publishers and advertisers think, we are considering to introduce couple of changes:

• Display non-unique impressions by default
  • Don't display unique impressions at all (since we don't have it in traditional understanding) but display a relative measure of ad unit's audience instead. It will be calculated based on your share of network-wide unique IPs/24hours. If you have several ad units on the same page, you will get more impressions but the relative measure of your audience won't change. What's a good name for this indicator?

This is a cosmetic change that won't affect money distribution algorithms. It is supposed to make our service easier to understand and probably look a little bit more attractive to the advertisers. What do you think, is it worth of doing?

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2015, 07:50:57 AM
Last edit: June 29, 2015, 08:05:38 AM by winspiral

Renamed "Min Daily Income" to "Expected Daily Income". Hopefully it is easier to understand the meaning of this parameter now. Or would "Desired Daily Income" be better?  Roll Eyes

I am not either. So if anybody thinks that "Desired income" is a better title for this parameter or has another word for it then please let me know.

Since "unique impressions" in terms of a-ads means something different from what our publishers and advertisers think, we are considering to introduce couple of changes:

• Display non-unique impressions by default
  • Don't display unique impressions at all (since we don't have it in traditional understanding) but display a relative measure of ad unit's audience instead. It will be calculated based on your share of network-wide unique IPs/24hours. If you have several ad units on the same page, you will get more impressions but the relative measure of your audience won't change. What's a good name for this indicator?

This is a cosmetic change that won't affect money distribution algorithms. It is supposed to make our service easier to understand and probably look a little bit more attractive to the advertisers. What do you think, is it worth of doing?

The most frustrating for a publisher is:
He has 2 ad units on the same page.
The page is displaid 100 times
for one ad unit I see for example 50 impressions and 10 unique impressions
For the other ad unit on the same page I see 15 impressions and 3 unique impressions.

What will an adviser think if he sees 15 impressions and 3 unique impressions?
He will even not pay a half satoshi for this.

Yesterday a visitor contacted me and said me:
Do not put more that one banner on your page for aads because you will not earn more that for one.
This shows (no importance if the visitor is right or wrong) that the aads system is completly confuse.

aads is confuse for advertisers and publishers.
I feel (I feel only) I have understood the aads systel,but I'm sure it is not so claer for the majority of your members.
I think you have to work about this...

What is interesting to know for me?
how many times is dispaid my banner?
if I have 2 banners on a same page the number of impression must be the same if the page load up till the end.
After how many unique impressions on my site.
Here too the unique impression must be almost the same.
After how many  unique impressions of the aads network.
Here the number of unique impressions can differ for my two banners.
Then it is clear for every one.

Ok it is interesting to know the unique impression of the a-ad network...
But the most important is to know what happens on the site of the publisher.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 23, 2015, 06:09:36 AM
Last edit: July 23, 2015, 06:55:21 AM by arsenische

Thanks for your valuable feedback.

I agree that the system is unusual and thus confusing, but it is more or less fair. If you have N banners on your page, that doesn't mean that you will attract N times more customers to your advertisers. More banners you display to a single visitor, less valuable each impression is. That sounds reasonable and that is expected to be priced in by the market.

If you want to know how many times the banner was displayed on your site - please see the charts for non-unique impressions in the "Stats" section of your ad unit page.

Advertisers are probably most interested to see the globally unique impressions, because when they target N publisher's ad units with M unique impressions each, they expect to get N*M unique impressions.

That wouldn't be the case if we had counted unique impressions the way you suggest.

PS: if your ad unit attracts customers to our advertisers, you can earn no matter how many unique clicks/impressions you have (e. g. https://a-ads.com/ad_units/74193/stats). that's why we dedicate a share of impressions from under-monetized ad units to affiliate programs (https://a-ads.com/admin/affiliate_programs), you can edit "Expected income" value to adjust this share.

winspiral
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2015, 07:47:31 AM

Hello,
since this morning I have the message "something is wrong..."
On my side?

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 08:06:03 AM
Last edit: July 31, 2015, 10:41:33 AM by arsenische

Hello,
since this morning I have the message "something is wrong..."
On my side?

Hi, thank you very much for your message. We see some error messages and are working to fix them. Please PM me the exact page URL / action that fails. Many thanks!

Update: I think the bugs have been fixed, please try again.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 10:43:14 AM

Sale of traffic! The same traffic is currently 2-3 times cheaper than it was a couple of weeks ago. Hurry up while it is cheap, create your campaign without registration in less than a minute! http://a-ads.com/campaigns/new

ahmedjadoon
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 31, 2015, 12:11:12 PM

Sale of traffic! The same traffic is currently 2-3 times cheaper than it was a couple of weeks ago. Hurry up while it is cheap, create your campaign without registration in less than a minute! http://a-ads.com/campaigns/new
  I can't upload my banner here https://a-ads.com/campaigns/new .Nothing shows up when I click "Choose files"
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: