Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:58:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] a-ads.com: Bitcoin advertising network. Advertise now!  (Read 174425 times)
Tritonio

Activity: 640
Merit: 500

Vanity of vanities; all is vanity...

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 04:42:31 PM

2. Can you withdraw money from a campaign if you choose to send your money there? I suppose not since that could be exploited unless it had a fee >>10%.

You can't do it directly (maybe it will be possible in future), but you can register a goal to your ad unit (thus withdrawing funds from your campaign without a fee). How can it be exploited?
Instead of withdrawing 1BTC of earnings to a Bitcoin address I choose to deposit that 1BTC to a fake campaign I own that has a 0 budget and I pay a 0.1BTC fee for that. Then (if you make it possible in the future) I withdraw the money from the campaign paying x% fee on the 0.9BTC. If 0.9*x%+0.1<0.2 then I will always use this method instead of directly withdrawing money. So if you implement a way to withdraw money from campaigns you should choose an x% fee that doesn't encourage people to go through this to avoid fees. Forget this, you can withdraw money without paying a fee...

What are goals in relation to ad units? I though ads had goals, not ad units.

BTW if you intend to explain all these stuff in your FAQ then there is no need to answer here too, I can wait. On the other hand this QA is free bumps... Hehe.

EDIT: Aaaaaah I get it. I can withdraw coins from my campaign by creating a fake (or not) ad unit and then pay up that unit directly and the withdraw the money for free since withdrawals don't cost anything.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 19, 2013, 05:02:01 PM

EDIT: Aaaaaah I get it. I can withdraw coins from my campaign by creating a fake (or not) ad unit and then pay up that unit directly and the withdraw the money for free since withdrawals don't cost anything.

Yes, withdrawals are free. We take fees only from money that go to campaign, and from daily budget.

Serenata

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2013, 08:01:35 AM

Congrats on the new version of AA!

Please allow me to make some suggestions:

- All the options of the campaign should be editable. It seems I can't change the option on the right side (Language, Rating, Traffic sources). I understand that I can create a new campaign with the correct settings but that would create a mess; bitcoins can't be transferred from one campaign to another (can they?) moreover if I have ad units that deposit profits to campaign X, then I need to create new ad units to point to the newly created campaign Y.

- Ads should be editable. I don't see an option to change an ad which means that if someone deposits BTC and starts a campaign, he can't change the banner for example, without creating a new ad and campaign, and pouring more BTC in.

- There should be a mention somewhere in the FAQ, that we need to turn AdBlock off to be able to see all the site's options.

- Since referrals get a cut, you should mention that in FAQ along with the fact that an ad unit's link contains the referral code. Advertising this, might bring more peeps to your service.

Keep up the good work!

BitcoinX.gr - To ελληνικό στέκι τoυ Bitcoin

My GPG Key
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 27, 2013, 09:53:32 PM
Last edit: February 27, 2013, 10:14:57 PM by arsenische

Thank you all for your feedback, we take it seriously and plan to implement most of the requested features.

AA2 network served over 1 million unique impressions so far. And now we want not only to grow in volumes, but also to grow in quality of traffic.

So we are searching for advertisers that are willing to use our trivial Goal tracking API to pay for sales. Such advertisers will get all the required support and attention from me. I am even willing to implement it on their side for free if they need it and plan to spend few btc on aa2 campaign with goal tracking.

Here is a simplified (i. e. without optional parameters) example of how API call looks like:
Code:
https://a-ads.com/api/v1/goals/create?unique_id=<order #>&partner=<id sent to you by AA>&amount=<n of satoshies>&password=<campaign's password>

When new goal is created, amount will be deducted from campaign's balance (if it is sufficient). That amount will be divided into smaller fractions and sent to ad unit during 30 days (that is default duration).

Thus ad units that bring sales to advertisers are likely to generate more traffic for those advertisers (and earn more too).

Advertisers can use web interface to create goals manually too, so they can play with it and see how it works.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 14, 2013, 01:58:43 AM

Anuncie su empresa

Recently AA2 got a lot of Spanish traffic. Since we don't have much Spanish ads, this traffic is really cheap.

If you have something to advertise for Spanish visitors, please create Spanish ads and campaigns (before that publisher gets disappointed in AnonymousAds Smiley)

killerstorm
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1015

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:36:24 AM

Where the fuck is password? I've registered new ad/new campaign and I see no way to get or set password... But it asks for a password to create a goal.

Chromia: a better dapp platform
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 10:55:47 AM

Where the fuck is password? I've registered new ad/new campaign and I see no way to get or set password... But it asks for a password to create a goal.

The password is shown only once upon campaign creation. AnonymousAds doesn't provide a way to recover/change password, but you can create a new campaign for the same ad and register goal for that campaign. You can also use API to automate goal creation.

Also I can reset a password for you, please PM me if you need it.

Thanks for using AnonymousAds!

killerstorm
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:29:44 AM

The password is shown only once upon campaign creation.

I've just created another campaign, carefully inspecting each page... Haven't seen password. If it is there, you have hidden it well.

Can you, like, show a screenshot with a big red arrow pointing to a password?

AnonymousAds doesn't provide a way to recover/change password, but you can create a new campaign for the same ad and register goal for that campaign.

Can I set daily budget to zero and reward only particular ad unit, or it needs to be a positive value?

Also I can reset a password for you, please PM me if you need it.

OK.

BTW, what happens if I click deauthorize? Will balance be refunded after some time?

Thanks for using AnonymousAds!

Thank you too! Anonymous Ads seem to be about order of magnitude more cost effective than CoinURL.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 11:47:18 AM
Last edit: April 04, 2013, 12:24:38 PM by arsenische

The password is shown only once upon campaign creation.

I've just created another campaign, carefully inspecting each page... Haven't seen password. If it is there, you have hidden it well.

Can you, like, show a screenshot with a big red arrow pointing to a password?

Sure, here it is:

Can I set daily budget to zero and reward only particular ad unit, or it needs to be a positive value?

You can set zero budget. If your balance is untouched during 30 days, it will be refunded to your refund address.

BTW, what happens if I click deauthorize? Will balance be refunded after some time?

Your balance will be automatically refunded only if it is not touched for 30 days and your daily budget is 0. Deathorize = Logout (probably we need to rename it).

Thank you too! Anonymous Ads seem to be about order of magnitude more cost effective than CoinURL. Is that because of its limited size?

I am not sure what you mean when you say about cost effectiveness, but maybe the answer is that we don't pay per click.

killerstorm
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2013, 12:17:35 PM

Sure, here it is:

Hmm, I guess it didn't work properly in Opera, I haven't seen it. JavaScript bug, maybe?

I am not sure what you mean when you say about cost effectiveness, but maybe the answer is that we don't pay per click.

Well, I mean I get much more clicks for the same sum of money Smiley. CTR is also 50x higher

localhost

Activity: 392

View Profile
April 05, 2013, 06:11:17 AM

Hi,

Although the no fee no minimum payout is nice in a way, I just received a payout of 1 satoshi (I think this is how we refer to 10^-8 BTC), which will clearly cost me a lot more to spend than what it's worth. It's not the first tiny payout I've received, although usually they were at least in the 100-ish satoshis. Something should really be done about that, all the more so since they'll likely become more frequent with the raise in BTC value.
How also about, for instance:
- pooling payouts from different ad units sharing the same BTC address
- not making payouts more frequently than once every 7 or even 14 days if balance is below 0.01 BTC (or maybe 0.001 BTC if 0.01 is too unbearable to some people)

-
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2013, 09:31:21 PM

Hi,

Although the no fee no minimum payout is nice in a way, I just received a payout of 1 satoshi (I think this is how we refer to 10^-8 BTC), which will clearly cost me a lot more to spend than what it's worth. It's not the first tiny payout I've received, although usually they were at least in the 100-ish satoshis. Something should really be done about that, all the more so since they'll likely become more frequent with the raise in BTC value.
How also about, for instance:
- pooling payouts from different ad units sharing the same BTC address
- not making payouts more frequently than once every 7 or even 14 days if balance is below 0.01 BTC (or maybe 0.001 BTC if 0.01 is too unbearable to some people)

Good ideas. Probably it would be nice to allow users to customize it. Thanks for your feedback!

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 12, 2013, 10:36:58 PM

Current advertisers pay ~ 0.0013 Ƀ per thousand unique impressions in average (this is quite cheap, but may change anytime).

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 15, 2013, 12:36:40 AM

We got some problems with email notifications about new ads, so ad moderation may take longer than usual. Please don't send emails to contact@anonymousads.com because there is no guarantee they will be delivered. I hope we fix it soon.

Herbert

Activity: 488

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 12:56:25 PM

I think some bot/script is trying to rip you / us off. I am getting a gazillion requests per second on bitbattle.me index page, without anyone clicking anything else. All are referring from "http://ad.a-ads.com/504". Requests come from different IPs, so probably a botnet producing clicks.

This is really annoying, the site was basically DDos'd by these requests. Now I am rejecting all requests with that referrer...

Is there any chance to stop that campaign? I have a feeling that most of my ad budget will be taken by that script kiddie...

www.bitcoinmonitor.net - Free payment notification via email, newsfeed, xpmm/jabber, url callback and full API access!
Send SMS with www.txt4coins.net! No registration, pay-per-use, full API access, bulk messages - All inclusive!
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 07:10:09 PM

I think some bot/script is trying to rip you / us off. I am getting a gazillion requests per second on bitbattle.me index page, without anyone clicking anything else. All are referring from "http://ad.a-ads.com/504". Requests come from different IPs, so probably a botnet producing clicks.

This is really annoying, the site was basically DDos'd by these requests. Now I am rejecting all requests with that referrer...

Is there any chance to stop that campaign? I have a feeling that most of my ad budget will be taken by that script kiddie...

Thanks for your question. In fact, this is a very important question for AnonymousAds too.

There should not be much sense in producing fake clicks because we don't pay per click.

Here is the stats for that ad unit: https://a-ads.com/ad_units/504/stats . Even if we assume that 100% of traffic is fake, it rips the whole advertising network for only 0.004 btc/day (~0.5$/day). Is it really worth of producing fake clicks from 50k unique ips/day at that rate? I don't know.

I wouldn't really worry about budget, but DDoS could be a problem.  You can set daily budget to 0 and reward efficient publishers to get more impressions from them, but there is probably no easy way to stop botnets from sending HTTP requests to your server anyway. Maybe cloudfare could help?

If you really worry about your budget, you could carefully select only ad units you trust and/or disable anonymous sources of traffic. It is possible only upon campaign creation currently, but we plan to provide more control over existing campaigns in future too.

Thanks again for your question and for using AnonymousAds. Please PM me or write an email to contact@anonymousads.com if you need further help with your particular case.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 10:41:46 PM

To minimize flooding of your wallet with tiny transactions, we increased time intervals between automatic withdrawals:
1. minimal interval between withdrawals of 0.01 btc and more is set to 1 hour
2. minimal interval between withdrawals below 0.01 btc is set to 1 week of inactivity

bit777

Activity: 420

View Profile
April 29, 2013, 10:08:37 PM

We started using your network and it seems to be the best compared to your competitors. The only issue is it seems to be predatory. Isn't 36% fees too much? I would guess a normal rate should be 10-15%...
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
April 30, 2013, 03:12:21 AM

We started using your network and it seems to be the best compared to your competitors. The only issue is it seems to be predatory. Isn't 36% fees too much? I would guess a normal rate should be 10-15%...

Well, you are right, and it is done on purpose: we don't want to give too much incentive for fake traffic and we want to reward efficient publishers that attract real customers, so we take significant part of money from advertisers that don't discriminate ad units.

As stated in Terms of Use, our fee model consists of 2 components:
1) 20% of deposit fees (or 10% if you redirect traffic from campaign)
2) 20% from daily budget

If you combine those 2, you get 36%, however advanced advertisers can actually pay as low as ~10-20%, here is how:

1) they can set daily budget to some small value to test ad units, and then reward the ones that generate sales via Goal Tracking API thus avoiding additional 20% fee and at the same time improving targeting of their campaign.

2) instead of depositing funds to their campaigns, advertisers can redirect earnings from their ad units (thus saving 10% on deposit fees), or they can "cheat" the system and refer themselves before ad creation to receive a 10% rebate from their deposits.

We are considering changing the fee model and reducing the fees, but I am not sure when it happens. As I said, advertisers that really want to pay just 10%, can achieve it in the current model (and at the same time they give incentive for publishers to generate high-quality traffic).

Thanks for your feedback and for using AnonymousAds!

sal002

Activity: 490

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2013, 01:15:31 AM

How long does it take the health to go from 0% to 100%?  Just switched from CoinURL and losing out on clicks Smiley
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: