Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 11:15:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Trading Paypal & Bitcoin ?  (Read 639 times)
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 6133

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 08:03:21 PM

I never took this seriously honestly (Paypal or any other payment method) but do they allow trading Bitcoin ? or it's against their TOS.
I'm not sure how they are supposed to know if you are trading bitcoin or not , but I'd like to know if I can do it according to their terms or not .
also I want to know anyone of you know when the 21 days hold thing disappears from our accounts ? that should make bitcoin trading easier. (or anything else)

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
shorena
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1520

No I dont escrow anymore.

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 08:07:22 PM

I never took this seriously honestly (Paypal or any other payment method) but do they allow trading Bitcoin?

No.

or it's against their TOS.

Yes, they have a clause about digital items and currencies IIRC.

I'm not sure how they are supposed to know if you are trading bitcoin or not , but I'd like to know if I can do it according to their terms or not .
also I want to know anyone of you know when the 21 days hold thing disappears from our accounts ? that should make bitcoin trading easier. (or anything else)

You can do the trade, you just dont get any help if the paypal payment is reversed. Not sure what you are refering to with the "21 days hold thing", but its been years since I used PP. Maybe someone else can chime in. Keep in mind that PP is reversible for up to 180 days. This includes gifts and every fancy payment comment people come up with.

Im not really here, its just your imagination.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 06:17:02 AM

I never took this seriously honestly (Paypal or any other payment method) but do they allow trading a?

No.

or it's against their TOS.

Yes, they have a clause about digital items and currencies IIRC.

I'm not sure how they are supposed to know if you are trading uᴉoɔʇᴉq or not , but I'd like to know if I can do it according to their terms or not .
also I want to know anyone of you know when the 21 days hold thing disappears from our accounts ? that should make uᴉoɔʇᴉq trading easier. (or anything else)

You can do the trade, you just dont get any help if the paypal payment is reversed. Not sure what you are refering to with the "21 days hold thing", but its been years since I used PP. Maybe someone else can chime in. Keep in mind that PP is reversible for up to 180 days. This includes gifts and every fancy payment comment people come up with.

Ty shorena , the "21 days hold" is when the funds become available (when sender send the funds , It will become available for the receive to withdraw or send or whatever only after 21 days) , since your account is few years old I suppose you don't even have that .

off topic : why the hell the word "Bitcoin" became "uᴉoɔʇᴉq" inthe OP ?  Huh

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
Herbert2020
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:05:32 AM

PayPal is restricting accounts left and right without even doing anything against their TOS, simply because they feel like restricting your account for something as simple as sending/receiving more money than you usually send/receive

off topic : why the hell the word "Bitcoin" became "uᴉoɔʇᴉq" inthe OP ?  Huh

it is April Fools day, check meta

Weak hands have been complaining about missing out ever since bitcoin was $1 and never buy the dip.
Whales are those who keep buying the dip.
xjukebox

Activity: 122
Merit: 10

Experienced Virtual Assistant for Hire

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 07:14:20 AM

there is only chance, if seller or buyers charged back after getting the bitcoi

VIRTUAL ASSISTANT| SEO | DATA ENTRY | LINK BUILDING SERVICES |SEO SERVICES|WORD PRESS | SEM| SMM HIRE ME NOW
icecube45
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:19:08 AM

Sending or receiving money for bitcoin is against their TOS so they may block your account if they find out. Also Paypal is the easiest place for people to charge back and take back any money they sent you.
yenxz

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:32:35 AM

I never took this seriously honestly (Paypal or any other payment method) but do they allow trading Bitcoin ? or it's against their TOS.
for the first time bitcoin launch,paypal seems not happy with that,and many people start using paypal fot trade it for bitcoin,and its why paypal make TOS about bitcoin transaction,they would ask for clarification to people that use their service for bitcoin transaction :/ i wish someday paypal really work together with xapo or other bitcoin wallet.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 11:36:06 AM

for the first time bitcoin launch,paypal seems not happy with that,and many people start using paypal fot trade it for bitcoin,and its why paypal make TOS about bitcoin transaction,they would ask for clarification to people that use their service for bitcoin transaction :/ i wish someday paypal really work together with xapo or other bitcoin wallet.

Have to think of it from a business standpoint. Paypal is a payment processor and so is Bitcoin. It wouldn't be good business to help promote your competitors and lose out on possible income.

Instead of banning it outright like some companies would, they just don't offer protection against doing it.
OmegaStarScream (OP)
Staff
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 05:02:24 PM

Have to think of it from a business standpoint. Paypal is a payment processor and so is Bitcoin. It wouldn't be good business to help promote your competitors and lose out on possible income.

Instead of banning it outright like some companies would, they just don't offer protection against doing it.

How they can find out if the transaction is for Bitcoin or not ? I'm pretty sure it's not possible unless they check emails of famous exchange like Virwox.com that allow paypal deposits and bitcoin withdrawal . (but from two individuals , sounds impossible)
and does anyone know what the "21 days hold" is ?

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mrhelpful
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 06:17:12 PM

I always got the impression when using paypal to pay for bitcoin.

The buyer is also at risk despite the reversal method, since the TOS of paypal doesnt cover digital good/items.
CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2016, 08:25:04 PM

How they can find out if the transaction is for Bitcoin or not ? I'm pretty sure it's not possible unless they check emails of famous exchange like Virwox.com that allow paypal deposits and bitcoin withdrawal . (but from two individuals , sounds impossible)
and does anyone know what the "21 days hold" is ?

Usually if someone just mentions it in a dispute they will investigate, other than that I'm sure they don't really care or want to spend the extra money paying employees to check.

The 21 day hold is more than likely a security measure on their end to help prevent people making new accounts to accept stolen funds with. The 21 day period that prevents you from using that money is to give the sender a chance to dispute it.

An example, I obtain the details to your paypal account and notice you have funds. I then create a new account and send those funds to that one before sending them out to another account to avoid any disputes. If that 21 day hold was in place then I would be unable to do this.

Personally I don't have this issue as my account is really old and fully verified .
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: