Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 06:41:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What a stupid scammer.  (Read 1799 times)
fravia

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 04:07:05 PM

Just wanted to share a funny scam attempt.

I was trying to sell my knife (Karambit UV MW), and someone added me straight away. He said he wanted to pay on real money. I said I only accepted bitcoin, and he said okay. He quickly rushed into which escrow I was going to use. But I kept persisting with the question of "Can you give me your bitcoin address so I know you actually have the money?"

He finally listened to me, and said he had exactly $20 in good wallet, and have me the address 1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX.

I checked it straight away, and found out the address was a wikileaks address Roll Eyes

It turns out when you search up "bitcoin address", the wikileaks donation address is the first thing that comes up. What a joke. Grin

i sold lots of tf2 and csgo items and i met lots of scammers, but this one is of worst scammer

creating your own bitcoin address takes 10 minutes, and you don't need to give id or anything else so he is really dumb

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
7Priest7

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 05:18:02 PM

scammers are getting lazier.
you should ask for a signed message from bitcoin address, he was a lazy scammer otherwise he could have just opened blockchain.info and copied one of the addresses from live feed and say this is mine.

yeah they're very lazy and dumb, it takes only up to 10 minutes to create bitcoin wallet, and he was even too lazy to do that,

but maybe it is good for us, because it is easier to detect a scammer because they make lots of mistakes
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 06:14:32 PM

I was trying to sell my knife (Karambit UV MW), and someone added me straight away. He said he wanted to pay on real money. I said I only accepted bitcoin, and he said okay. He quickly rushed into which escrow I was going to use. But I kept persisting with the question of "Can you give me your bitcoin address so I know you actually have the money?"

He finally listened to me, and said he had exactly $20 in good wallet, and have me the address 1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX.

I checked it straight away, and found out the address was a wikileaks address Roll Eyes

It turns out when you search up "bitcoin address", the wikileaks donation address is the first thing that comes up. What a joke. Grin

I've been mulling it over and I'm having issue with the events of this alleged scam attempt.

1. After the buyer "rushed into which escrow" you were going to use, what was the issue?  You didn't want to use escrow?

2. What was the purpose of you persisting with the question of "Can you give me your bitcoin address so I know you actually have the money?

This is an odd request at any time but especially after he had already left it up to you to choose the escrow agent.  Nobody asks to see my wallet when I make a purchase without escrow let alone with.

3. You attribute the Bitcoin address to the wrong entity after searching it!  WTF? How is this possible; in fact wikileaks doesn't even come up in a search of that address.

This address - 1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX - is a silk road seized coins address if you do a search at all.

4. If you search "Bitcoin address" this does in fact appear - 1HB5XMLmzFVj8ALj6mfBsbifRoD4miY36v (wikileaks) which is not 1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX (silk road) the one you were given.

5. What purpose would it serve to give you an address, especially one they didn't own, showing a balance if you were using your choice of escrow anyway?

It's always better to have screen caps or PMs or like... anything to back up your claims.  We don't have a name and apparently the "scammer" doesn't have an account here either but yeah... what a joke.

These are rhetorical questions, feel free not to respond.  Maybe I'm too cynical after having been scammed myself.

Rubberduckie
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 27, 2016, 06:47:18 AM

luckily most scammers are not very hard working and are extremely lazy.

Usually the grammar is horrible and there is many mistakes. After all they are
lazy scammers and cant bother to get real work so they have to cheat people.

The two times I was scammed I really thought it through and wondered how silly
I was looking back at how sloppy, lazy, and obvious they were.

cjmoles
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 10:01:53 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 10:23:52 PM by cjmoles

It just shows how naive people really are about the technology....At least that was an easy catch!  There are some sophisticated scammers out there that really make me wonder if they're doing it for the money or doing it for some other reason, such as to boast their own ego. I mean, why waste so much time with the sophisticated scams when they can use their knowledge to profit off of something legitimate?  It's sad....
btvGainer
Legendary

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 10:17:14 PM

This place is full of scammers.Not all scammers are smart and not all potential victims are dumb.Op saved himself from falling for his trick by showing some wisdom and experience.
xxxDD

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 02, 2016, 04:29:20 AM

what a lazy scammer.  Grin
Boosterious

Activity: 308

The mind is everything. What you think you become.

View Profile
April 04, 2016, 09:05:19 AM

This place is full of scammers.Not all scammers are smart and not all potential victims are dumb.Op saved himself from falling for his trick by showing some wisdom and experience.
i agree with that,this place have so many scammers,and very kind scammers,stupid,smart and expert scammers evailable here.
to prevent this scammers,we should distinct to everyone that try to scamming us,throw them in scam accusition thread,let all people know that scammers is detected,and we must be aware of it by open scam acusition thread to looking for information about scammers,so we can avoid to scamming.

yenxz

Activity: 294

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 10:44:28 AM

i never think to try scamming people,and i dont mind how that people try to scamming with silly way,its a joke. but i'm sure people who dont know about address checker will trapped by scammer like him,this thread should give us warning.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
April 05, 2016, 11:55:45 AM

i never think to try scamming people,and i dont mind how that people try to scamming with silly way,its a joke. but i'm sure people who dont know about address checker will trapped by scammer like him,this thread should give us warning.

First I would like to thank you for never trying to scam people but your post dredges up old questions in my mind that have never been resolved.

How are you going to be trapped by using an escrow of your choice?
 IS google the address checker to which you are referring?  It's really a bad one if so because 1F1tAaz5x1HUXrCNLbtMDqcw6o5GNn4xqX is NOT a wikileaks address.
 If OP had been fooled by this superlative scam, how would it have taken place?   Would the escrow of his choice actually somehow be in on the ruse?  Is google also in on it? I don't get it.
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: