Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 12:26:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: MtGosis - Streamlined OS X trading/ticker app  (Read 3635 times)
seventoes (OP)

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 10:54:06 AM

I think my little hobby project is finally in a state that I can call it 1.0! I posted about it almost a year ago and got a pretty positive response. I've added a couple of the suggestions from that thread for the 1.0 release, and fixed a bug that caused streaming to not working at all in the last release. I hope you guys enjoy!

To download it, head over to http://stith.me/MtGosis/

I make no guarantees that it won't nuke your account, but I've been using it myself for a few weeks and it's been working great. Let me know if you find any bugs or have any more feature requests.
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
davout
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1007

1davout

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 11:49:26 AM

Nice !

Is it open source ?

HowGudAmI

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 11:49:48 AM

Nice but could you add the option to select different currencies?

GBP in particular! Smiley.  Grin

Very smooth looking!

Smiley
seventoes (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 12:56:12 PM

Nice but could you add the option to select different currencies?

GBP in particular! Smiley.  Grin

Very smooth looking!

Added to my todo list, thanks!
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 05:08:00 PM

So, open-source or not ?
Didn't find any kind of source link on the website.

HowGudAmI

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 08:57:10 PM

So, open-source or not ?

Agreed is it open source, and also maybe add a chart, also I would like to use this but not give it my mt gox info is there a way to just have this be like a ticker?

I can help you on one of your questions, It works absolutely fine without any MT Gox details.

Smiley
seventoes (OP)

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 10:40:49 PM

So, open-source or not ?

Agreed is it open source, and also maybe add a chart, also I would like to use this but not give it my mt gox info is there a way to just have this be like a ticker?

It's not open source quite yet, but I'll probably release the source here soon. I would want to clean up a bunch of half-finished code before doing that Tongue

And yes, if you don't give it any API details you can still use it as a ticker. To make it just a menubar ticker, just turn on the menubar ticker in preferences and close the main window.
seventoes (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 05:10:15 AM

Two issues, when I have it in the menubar, the first is when you have the application in the back and you click the menubar, it doesn't bring it front. Also in the menubar you have a bitcoin symbol when it should be a dollar symbol.

Thanks for the reports! My thought behind using the bitcoin symbol was that it indicates what the ticker is for, while a dollar sign could be anything. It probably does make more sense to use a dollar sign though, since that's technically what the price is.

I'll check out the menubar icon clicking not working correctly.
davout
Legendary

1davout

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 08:52:24 AM

It's not open source quite yet, but I'll probably release the source here soon. I would want to clean up a bunch of half-finished code before doing that Tongue

And yes, if you don't give it any API details you can still use it as a ticker. To make it just a menubar ticker, just turn on the menubar ticker in preferences and close the main window.
Awesome!

World

Activity: 743
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 01:25:08 PM

here is a nice open source ticker too
https://github.com/infincia/BitTicker

Supporting people with beautiful creative ideas. Bitcoin is because of the developers,exchanges,merchants,miners,investors,users,machines and blockchain technologies work together.
seventoes (OP)

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:30:04 PM

Quick update!

Version 1.1.1:

* Fixed a bug that would cause the app to crash when reconnecting
* Updated the menubar text to be more appropriate
* Clicking the menubar item will now correctly invoke the app
HowGudAmI

BTC --> ??? --> PROFIT

View Profile
February 20, 2013, 08:52:57 PM

Quick update!

Version 1.1.1:

* Fixed a bug that would cause the app to crash when reconnecting
* Updated the menubar text to be more appropriate
* Clicking the menubar item will now correctly invoke the app

I do like this!

Its minimal and nice...

Here is a suggestion though:
Because I only want to use this as a ticker, I only require the readout that appears in the Menubar... It would be cool if i didnt have to have the 'app' open and sitting in my dock while I am only using the menubar part. I hope that makes sense. (an example could be dropbox using it if you have that installed?).

Another suggestion could be:
When you click the menubar item you get a dropdown displaying multiple currencies/24hr average/last price/high price/low price etc.

Great work anyway keep it up!.

Smiley
string

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 25, 2013, 02:47:15 AM
Last edit: March 25, 2013, 03:18:23 AM by string

I love the idea! Can't wait for it to be open source too. About those people who want a Menubar app that's just a menubar app I have taken the best parts of the BitTicker project on github, mentioned above and built a binary here if you want to try out. When I learn git and have time I will put the source up there.

Pre-Built Binary of BitTicker with wallet calculations and total of those calculations.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/t8l2xc

You can get the pretty much same thing at the github repo below but without totals, no biggie so get it from here if your worried and add it later on.
github.com/trishume/BitTicker

Source needs one change to be functional - The mtgox url in source of the repo above needs to be changed to the new style: http://data.mtgox.com/api/0/data/ticker.php - that was one of the reasons I posted the pre-built so people could try the app.

https://a248.e.akamai.net/camo.github.com/098d49d5376d76164921684f9c8879a583eb3bdf/687474703a2f2f692e696d6775722e636f6d2f32567848522e706e67

Posted version above has totals too of those values entered.

Sorry to post it here but someone mentioned it above and I thought others should know about the new features.

I am going to contact you soon seventoes as I would like to collaborate on something if your interested, again, sorry to step on toes! Will delete if you want. Just wanted to let others know about the new features of bitticker branches... + kind of get some interest in developing my btc menubar app. Much different than these. Need a dev like you though or someone as skilled.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: