Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:34:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: whats your alt strategy  (Read 1158 times)
markm
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1090

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2013, 10:44:36 AM

Mine coins that are pretty near free, that are going to get picked up by pools and exchanges eventually.

For example look at I0Coin and GRouPcoin, CoiLedCoin and GeistGeld.

Not long ago you could merged mine all of them pretty much for free, raking in lots and lots of coins even with hardly any hashing power.

Now though bitparking's mmpool as added I0Coin back into its merge, and also added GRouPcoin into its merge, and I0Coin is traded on Vircurex and GRouPcoin will probably also soon be traded on Vircurex.

The number of I0Coins and GRouPcoins you get per day now is tiny compared to what it was before mmpool added them, the number of CoiLedCoins and GeistGeld you get per day will similarly drop like crazy as soon as merged mining pools add them. So for a long long time all four were great things to be mining even if you only had one or two GPUs. Now only two of them are still great. How long before those remaining two skyrocket in difficulty due to being picked up by major pools? We don't know, but until that happens you can still pick them up in nice quantities simply by doing your own merged mining.

The payoff looks like it is pretty good: the prices of I0Coins and GRouPcoins look like they will be much higher on web based exchanges than they had been over the counter and via Open Transactions.

This is similar to the fortunes made by people CPU-mining BBQcoin last year; in both cases it is simply a matter of mining while they are super low difficulty coins that are destined to get picked up some day by the masses. BBQcoin though was different from all the crapcoins that came later, because it was the early-bird of the lot. Nowadays the merged mined coins look like much better bets. Especially when you take into account you get to mine them all virtually free alongside your existing merge.

-MarkM-

Browser-launched Crossfire client now online (select CrossCiv server for Galactic  Milieu)
Free website hosting with PHP, MySQL etc: http://hosting.knotwork.com/
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: