Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 02:35:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A few questions about Avalon, Feb-02-13  (Read 1658 times)
Transisto (OP)
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 07:13:19 AM

Sorry for not having searched all of the 30-50 pages threads about avalon, Here are my questions.

* What has happened to the other 298 AVALON orders ?  I think I've read they've all been shipped a week ago.

It's been close to two weeks and they've been able to build / ship two unit but now we've got to wait for 5 days before any other gets in the wild Huh (They not show up into added hashrate at all yet)

* BATCH 2 !!! After searching for 30 min I still don't know what happened with batch 2 launch, All I read about is people complaining their payment is half-way fucked up.  What I want to know is ; IS IT SOLD OUT OR IS IT NOT ?

Given your previous batch took 2 week to sell, Should I understand this one took 2 hours ? really ?

Suggestion : For next batches instead of selling 3 module Avalons and upgrades, Sell 1, 2, 3, module or "Complete" (4 module).
People are buying these things by the dozen I don't see many people not willing to get a 4 module unit
AND while at it why not sell empty avalon so I can buy exactly how much I want and reuse some of my, soon to be retired, 80+ Gold PSUs.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 07:32:20 AM

It's been close to two weeks and they've been able to build / ship two unit [sic]...

One shipped, one hand-delivered. I thought I read both were sent via carriers (paraphrased).

https://bitcoinfoundation.org/blog/

Yifu arrived in New York City last night, after more than two months in China finishing his masterwork. With him, Avalon’s first ASIC V1.

Not a diss, just stating facts. Correct me if I'm in error.

I do find it odd that at least a dozen were shipped the day following Jeff's shipment, and not one reached a client on Friday or Saturday, Jeff getting his on Thursday. We'll see what next week brings.

~Bruno K~
Keninishna

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 07:47:19 AM

I don't believe batch 2 has sold out yet. They are refunding the partial payments that people made to try to make a placeholder order plus I believed they stopped the website ordering before actually selling out to try and figure out the mess that was going on. I would not be surprised if batch 2 will sell out faster than batch 1 because at this point avalon is the only promise of an asic.

No idea when the batch 1 avalons are shipping but shipping from china can take 3 weeks.
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1750

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 01:37:21 PM

Sorry for not having searched all of the 30-50 pages threads about avalon, Here are my questions.

No worries but you will have to sit tight and await our Avalon Overlords to get Official answers!

* What has happened to the other 298 AVALON orders ?  I think I've read they've all been shipped a week ago.

It's been close to two weeks and they've been able to build / ship two unit but now we've got to wait for 5 days before any other gets in the wild Huh (They not show up into added hashrate at all yet)

It appears that obtaining tracking information is quite difficult to get and send to customers when shipping from China.

* BATCH 2 !!! ... half-way fucked up.  What I want to know is ; IS IT SOLD OUT OR IS IT NOT ?

Half-way fucked up?  That's being pretty generous IMO.

Given your previous batch took 2 week to sell, Should I understand this one took 2 hours ? really ?

If they can get an ecommerce site running that can handle the traffic I think it's quite possible it would have/will sell out in a very short time frame.

Suggestion : For next batches instead of selling 3 module Avalons and upgrades, Sell 1, 2, 3, module or "Complete" (4 module).
People are buying these things by the dozen I don't see many people not willing to get a 4 module unit
AND while at it why not sell empty avalon so I can buy exactly how much I want and reuse some of my, soon to be retired, 80+ Gold PSUs.

Great suggestion, but making things more complicated for them on the retail side when they haven't shown the best skills to handle such complexity might be a can of worms best opened after a few more batches?  Meh actually, sorry but they will do what they want lol Overlords and all!!!
wknight
Legendary

Activity: 889
Merit: 1000

Bitcoin calls me an Orphan

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 02:33:12 PM

Holding tight isnt a strong suit for many people. I was able to get to the point of sending money as a place holder. But it was wrong and I decided not to send the money. Course not it seems people that did send the extra amount to cover it are locked in for an order.

I like Yifu. He seems like a young guy trying to start a large business. However, with the amount riding on him taking short cuts like running your own e commerce store through wordpress might not be a good idea. Paying for some decent software or working with Bitpay as they have already gone through these growth issues. Walletbit. Never heard of them.

I do understand Yifu would like for the bitcoin community to grow in fact. I am sure this is why he supported Paysius, and Walletbit since not many people even knew who they where.

Mining Both Bitcoin and Litecoin.
BitSyncom

Activity: 336
Merit: 251

Avalon ASIC Team

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 06:02:36 PM

I do understand Yifu would like for the bitcoin community to grow in fact. I am sure this is why he supported Paysius, and Walletbit since not many people even knew who they where.

This is exactly the reason. Walletbit has since then fixed all their issues overnight. Real world performance is important, and what better way to test their system with a DDoS-like shopping experience? In this field competition is necessary for growth, look at what happened with the ASICs.

regular

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 06:26:22 PM

BitSyncom

I experienced similar errors having the webpage stuck on waiting today same as yesterday.  Is batch 2 fully sold out now?
ewibit
Legendary

Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 05:12:31 PM

* What has happened to the other 298 AVALON orders ?
* BATCH 2 What I want to know is ; IS IT SOLD OUT OR IS IT NOT ?
BATCH 1: where are they NOW?
BATCH 2: how much are sold?
TIA
creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 06:43:00 PM

Many of the ordering problems disappear when you register with wordpress and login. Sadly I've only seen this described by customers and not by anyone associated with Avalon. The entire process is a messy minefield that wasn't explained before hand and hasn't been completely fixed even now. The near complete lack of communication is mind boggling.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: