Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:58:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: The possibility of someone buying all my mining stuff in bulk?  (Read 769 times)
zvs (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 06:32:27 AM

In the forthcoming weeks, it'll become unprofitable to continue mining with my GPUs, so I'll be wanting to get rid of all the stuff I've been using.  I don't want to spend the time doing it myself, and I also don't want to just throw it all in the storage shed w/ the rest of my old computer parts.

So I'm exploring two options, 1) having someone sell the stuff for me on commission, 2) having someone buy all the stuff from me in bulk (it would ALL have to be bought) at some % of market rate (somewhere around 40-60, I haven't decided).

Is there anyone out there that would do either of the above?  I got one response to my commission post already, but it may just be easier to sell in bulk.  Obviously the details on all the equipment would be provided, which are "custom rigged", which have all original materials, etc...

treat it as a question of if it's something that you'd do, if you had all information required in regard to equipment condition

i'm also open to any other suggestions on how to move this stuff.  i guess a pawn shop would be one
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zvs (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 09:47:14 AM

after doing a bit more research (i've essentially been ignoring the progress of ASICs since early December), it seems like the max the network would increase at least for the next month or so would be around 60 x ~65ghash as only 60 units were sent? 

that wouldn't increase the difficulty to 4m by itself alone.  so i guess it may be 2 or 3 months before i consider this.  but it would be nice to know if anyone would be interested in something like bulk buying or selling for commission ~$5000 or so in hardware (by today's prices)
Puppet
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1040

View Profile
January 31, 2013, 09:56:07 AM

If you are willing to sell at half the market price, why not just sell them yourself in bulk on ebay?
Just be aware you wont be alone. I expect a torrent of ATI cards to flood ebay over the next weeks.
zvs (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2013, 04:43:22 PM

If you are willing to sell at half the market price, why not just sell them yourself in bulk on ebay?
Just be aware you wont be alone. I expect a torrent of ATI cards to flood ebay over the next weeks.

Well, the point is avoiding all the work required to sell stuff on eBay.  Esp. with all the people nowadays trying to do chargebacks and what not.

But you make a good point, it might be better to hold on to the stuff for a few months after the flood

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: