Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:11:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 187 »
  Print  
Author Topic: www.gamebet.gg Launches GameBet Coin (GBT) eSports -- SALE OVER!!!  (Read 208169 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jw_industry

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:06:55 AM

hockey is now LIVE  Grin

still looking forward to boxing!

is that you betting against me?

who did you bet on?

got bets on boston, pittsburg and TB for the win.

I got boston, tampabay,capitals
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
andyatcrux
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:11:49 AM

Can the sale be extended. I wont be able to get bitcoin for this before the deadline hits and I only saw the thread now. It seems unfair to people just finding out about gamebet to have only 3 days left to invest.
Can we extend it 7 days please?

You have to be joking right? This is not how IPO's or ICO's work buddy

It can be changed. The devs can do whatever they want and I am planning on investing over 1.2 bitcoin if it can just be extended. That amount of money alone is enough reason for them to extend the sale. It was not my fault I only found out yesterday. Maybe they should have been marketing this for a longer period of time.  Angry

OMG are you stupid?

Grin Grin

He does not get it. he can buy all the gbt he wants from the exchange as soon as he gets some bitcoin.

He MUST be trolling, because if not I may need to officially label myself a misanthrope.
'

please dont turn into a misanthrope. The world has enough ogres. we dont need one more. Wink

Nah, I won't.  Smiley I am a humanitarian at heart, I just play the part of misanthrope occasionally as a matter of catharsis. Keeps me somewhat sane.
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:13:54 AM

He MUST be trolling, because if not I may need to officially label myself a misanthrope.

i honestly think he aint trolling, every single IPO i have seen , except a few , there are always people asking for extentions because they have only just learnt about it and cannot get into it in time . some IPO devs have even extended it for them which was silly .

this is an economical sector , if you want to be on top of your game, if you want to treat it properly , you should have multiple sources of information and constantly on the look out for projects daily that have potential of making you money. Blaming the fact you didn't see it on the lack of advertisement is silly and if you actually read the newest posts of the announcements (altcoin section) and spent 5 minutes a day looking at the top page, you would of seen it numerous times . the more effort and research you put in it the more benefit you will get and more potential to find projects before everyone else

This is especially the case with cryptos. I have a ton of websites bookmarked, heck even a few "show the last posts of this person" links are bookmarked on my computer. If you do not do your homework correcty you miss out on the best deals. Isnt that life? You will still get a good deal on the exchange, however it wont be as good of a deal compared to the ICO.

This exactly. So many people seem to have an overbearing sense of entitlement with no regard for the work that others put into things (research time specifically). Similar attitudes are prevalent regarding mining altcoins too.
jw_industry

Activity: 327

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:19:24 AM

fights coming up can be found here >>>> http://boxrec.com/
Relaxedsense

Activity: 809
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:52:06 AM

Hey guys, posting here to give an update on how things are going. We're still in works with Chris Sanders on the youtube intro, it's taken longer than we've expected but this time has allowed us to ensure it will be very high quality material. Reminder, Hockey will be released tomorrow to kick-off our sports betting. Basketball, as well as other sports mediums will be released in the subsequent days to come. We want to thank you guys for your support and investments. We've still got a way to go from our initial goal, but there's still a few  days left and hopefully we'll reach our goal or get as close as possible to it! We want to thank everyone for all the great questions posted on the thread, in PM, email and through (contact us) the site.

We think we got to everyone's questions but if we missed any please accept our apologies and let us know. Last, but not least, we wanted to thank our users; The ones who are placing bets, winning and losing and creating great prize pools for everyone to enjoy; Without you the site would cease to exist. We also wanted to take this time to update everyone on the business side of the site. Our second week beta gave us some early indicators that we were onto a good thing with GameBet but after looking at the results over the last 14 days there's no doubt that GameBet will be successful.

# of Total Bets: 880
USD: 5863.61310460
GG: 5476.39199000
SS: 387.22111460

# of Users: 656
Average Bet Size (GG): 6.91463635
Average Bet Size (SS): 4.40023993

Over the last two weeks, the USD value of total bets has increased ~490%, average bet has gone up ~240% and users have increased 400%. We also want to remind everyone that this has all be achieved only using the BitcoinTalk forum and twitter. Once the sale is complete, the new UI redesign will be selected and implemented and then our marketing budget will be put to use, allowing us to expand our reach which will allow those in the Loyalty Reward Program to receive a handsome share. Looking at our current numbers it's easy to see we'll be producing great profit once things get rolling.

wow, the amount raised is now ~75 btc... Now i have a quick question... is there an investment cap? are you only looking to raise 100k so that at ~250btc raised the crowdsale will end?   Anyways, the ledger is filling up and this project looks pretty promising!   I look forward to updates and hope you consider adding some fantasy type football betting like draftkings to the plan
There is no investment cap. As stated in the opening post if we raise more than 100k that would be amazing and the total sold would be in the highest bracket available. Distributions will still be based on how much a user has invested percentage wise. Thanks for your support and yes it is a plan to eventually add Fantasy based betting.

wow, the amount raised is now ~75 btc... Now i have a quick question... is there an investment cap? are you only looking to raise 100k so that at ~250btc raised the crowdsale will end?   Anyways, the ledger is filling up and this project looks pretty promising!   I look forward to updates and hope you consider adding some fantasy type football betting like draftkings to the plan

I think one of the exciting parts of the project is that once you have the backend, you can add pretty much anything.
Our site is very flexible in what we are capable of doing. We take pride in ensuring that we have the right people to get jobs done efficiently as well as bringing to life new ideas.

You can’t expect anyone to invest when your numbers don’t back a million dollar valuation - However I would be willing to buy some of the coins later and play the market depending on how it does upon initial release.

IDK have you seen some of the other gambling sites around?
its obvious this has real credibility and a product out before the ICO is even released.

I'm in love with it so far, really excited for the ICO now!
Thank you for your kind words, we wish to continue to meet and exceed your expectations in the future.

how will you use the money? what will you do with the raised funds? if you assume for example raising $100k worth: your staffing plans? new developers? management? the specifics of your marketing strategy and why it costs so much? how long will the money last? exactly how much are you being paid? (in usd)
A lot of this is covered in the business plan, please take some time to read it. Here is a link: http://www.gamebet.gg/Content/BusinessPlan-Gamebet.ggv1.0.pdf

Will the ICO distribution be limited? like only one user can buy limited amount of GBT from one IP or something? What if some whale decides to jump first and buy GBT for, example, 400 BTC? he can own half of total supply and that can be really bad. GBT will be centralized and held by just few guys.
That's a great question. We could have tried to go about blocking people from doing this, but at the end of the day it is not possible to implement such a strategy as if someone wanted to they could easily use multiple proxies, computers, etc. Due to this, we've chosen to allow it as a free market and people are open to invest as much as they choose.

I Would be interested in investing once we get to know the team. is there any type of biography page or similar. where can i follow the updates for this? do you have a twitter or facebook.
Yes we have a twitter you can follow us as @gamebetgg and we do not yet have a facebook. There are small bios written for the core team members in the opening post. We do also have a Steam group which you can join here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gamebetgg

This was a clear thorough update, could you do these on a weekly basis? Maybe it an idea to use the one above as a standard only adjusting the numbers and add other note worthy stuff for that given week.
orryde

Activity: 476
Merit: 500

Re-Evolution

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:01:37 AM

Hey guys, posting here to give an update on how things are going. We're still in works with Chris Sanders on the youtube intro, it's taken longer than we've expected but this time has allowed us to ensure it will be very high quality material. Reminder, Hockey will be released tomorrow to kick-off our sports betting. Basketball, as well as other sports mediums will be released in the subsequent days to come. We want to thank you guys for your support and investments. We've still got a way to go from our initial goal, but there's still a few  days left and hopefully we'll reach our goal or get as close as possible to it! We want to thank everyone for all the great questions posted on the thread, in PM, email and through (contact us) the site.

We think we got to everyone's questions but if we missed any please accept our apologies and let us know. Last, but not least, we wanted to thank our users; The ones who are placing bets, winning and losing and creating great prize pools for everyone to enjoy; Without you the site would cease to exist. We also wanted to take this time to update everyone on the business side of the site. Our second week beta gave us some early indicators that we were onto a good thing with GameBet but after looking at the results over the last 14 days there's no doubt that GameBet will be successful.

# of Total Bets: 880
USD: 5863.61310460
GG: 5476.39199000
SS: 387.22111460

# of Users: 656
Average Bet Size (GG): 6.91463635
Average Bet Size (SS): 4.40023993

Over the last two weeks, the USD value of total bets has increased ~490%, average bet has gone up ~240% and users have increased 400%. We also want to remind everyone that this has all be achieved only using the BitcoinTalk forum and twitter. Once the sale is complete, the new UI redesign will be selected and implemented and then our marketing budget will be put to use, allowing us to expand our reach which will allow those in the Loyalty Reward Program to receive a handsome share. Looking at our current numbers it's easy to see we'll be producing great profit once things get rolling.

There is no investment cap. As stated in the opening post if we raise more than 100k that would be amazing and the total sold would be in the highest bracket available. Distributions will still be based on how much a user has invested percentage wise. Thanks for your support and yes it is a plan to eventually add Fantasy based betting.

I think one of the exciting parts of the project is that once you have the backend, you can add pretty much anything.
Our site is very flexible in what we are capable of doing. We take pride in ensuring that we have the right people to get jobs done efficiently as well as bringing to life new ideas.

You can’t expect anyone to invest when your numbers don’t back a million dollar valuation - However I would be willing to buy some of the coins later and play the market depending on how it does upon initial release.

IDK have you seen some of the other gambling sites around?
its obvious this has real credibility and a product out before the ICO is even released.

I'm in love with it so far, really excited for the ICO now!
Thank you for your kind words, we wish to continue to meet and exceed your expectations in the future.

how will you use the money? what will you do with the raised funds? if you assume for example raising $100k worth: your staffing plans? new developers? management? the specifics of your marketing strategy and why it costs so much? how long will the money last? exactly how much are you being paid? (in usd)
A lot of this is covered in the business plan, please take some time to read it. Here is a link: http://www.gamebet.gg/Content/BusinessPlan-Gamebet.ggv1.0.pdf

Will the ICO distribution be limited? like only one user can buy limited amount of GBT from one IP or something? What if some whale decides to jump first and buy GBT for, example, 400 BTC? he can own half of total supply and that can be really bad. GBT will be centralized and held by just few guys.
That's a great question. We could have tried to go about blocking people from doing this, but at the end of the day it is not possible to implement such a strategy as if someone wanted to they could easily use multiple proxies, computers, etc. Due to this, we've chosen to allow it as a free market and people are open to invest as much as they choose.

I Would be interested in investing once we get to know the team. is there any type of biography page or similar. where can i follow the updates for this? do you have a twitter or facebook.
Yes we have a twitter you can follow us as @gamebetgg and we do not yet have a facebook. There are small bios written for the core team members in the opening post. We do also have a Steam group which you can join here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/gamebetgg

This was a clear thorough update, could you do these on a weekly basis? Maybe it an idea to use the one above as a standard only adjusting the numbers and add other note worthy stuff for that given week.

Daily has been great at keeping the community informed. He normally posts an update about once a day and he answers everyones questions at least once a day. sometimes more.
For communication he gets 12/10

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                                                                   ▄█████████                  ██████
                                                                   ███    ███                 ██   ██
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
Betting on e-Sports with Steam Items & Crypto
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
■■■■■ GBT Loyalty Reward Program Steam Marketplace Sportsbetting ■■■■■
kenw2

Activity: 344

Feed me btc ^

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:21:52 AM

sorry if this is written somewhere else and i have missed it but can we get details on referrals and what exactly you can earn from rerferrals .

like is it from bet's alone

do we earn from their deposits

if they trade steam items in are there any earnings from that?
This guy's question keeps getting burried.  Sad
I'm curious as well about referrals.
andyatcrux
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:30:17 AM

sorry if this is written somewhere else and i have missed it but can we get details on referrals and what exactly you can earn from rerferrals .

This guy's question keeps getting burried.  Sad

I'd also like to know how the tiers are being tracked. With Bitcoin's fluctuating value, what price chart is being utilized and when is it timestamped; at the time of investment or close of IPO?
DailyModo (OP)

Activity: 812

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 05:45:33 AM

Just dropping a quick post in, if there's anything I've missed I'll be sure to address it once I'm on again.

This guy's question keeps getting burried.  Sad
Currently it's from bets alone; Yes, Steam Silver counts as well (to answer a previous question). We've discussed a referral program that a member on this thread earlier on mentioned which was how CoinBase offers $10 when your referral purchases $100 of Bitcoin. Our idea we're currently bouncing around is something like a referrer will get X when a person deposits and gambles (in total) their first $100 regardless of results... but this idea isn't finalized in any form yet. We're still open to suggestions about the referral system. Another idea being work shopped is being able to create multiple referral links to track your sources of where you hand out your link.

I'd also like to know how the tiers are being tracked. With Bitcoin's fluctuating value, what price chart is being utilized and when is it timestamped; at the time of investment or close of IPO?

It's time stamped at the point it shows up on our ledger. We've mentioned before we don't like the idea of taking risks with Bitcoin value fluctuation so much like when you deposit Bitcoin for Gold we value it as the current exchange rate / timestamp.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
orryde

Re-Evolution

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 02:47:33 PM

Only 1d left before the ico ends. will we hit the top bracket? I fucking hope so!!!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████    ██████████████████████   ████████▀
        ██            ▄█          █▄                 █▄          ███            █▄          █        ▄██▀
       ██            ██           ███                ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ███            ██   ▄▄▄▄▄  ██   █████▀
       ██   █████    ██   ████   ████   ██     ██    ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██    ██████   ██   ▀▀▀▀   ██   ████▀
      ██    █████   ██    ████   ████   ██     ██   ██          ███   ██████   ██          ██   ████▀
      ██            ██           ███   ███    ███   ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀███            ██    ▀▀▀▀▀▀██   ▀▀▀████
      ███           ██▄            █   ██     ██    ██▄          █             ▀█▄          ██      ███
       █████████   ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Malayko

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:06:20 PM

is the signature promotions starting soon. I would like to be part of it so I can have free GBT coins.

▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄▄▄█████▄
LetItRide     ||     Innovative Gambling Platform     ||     ICO OPEN - EARLY INVESTOR BONUS
▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀
etparle

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I love NACHOS

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:38:07 PM

OUCH! Cry
Ad Finem was the favorite and got annihilated 2-0 in a best of 3.

please dont hate me for betting the underdog  Cool

Cryptobrother. I don't hate you. congratulations on the win. I took a few days off from placing bets after that hit but im back today and just sent fresh btc to gamble with. what are you betting on today if you tell me I can have a chance of earning my money back.  Smiley
etparle

I love NACHOS

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:44:02 PM

Hey guys

There's been some discussions on the profitability of the project. First and fore-most, one needs to understand the project is at the cusp of 2 emerging sectors, both of which are far from their true potential

1. Crypto-currencies
2. E-sports.

The product itself is solely positioning itself for massive market-share in the coming 2-3 years and aiming for growing along with the sectors. This is a common trend among any of the big enterprises that have actually made it big. A good example for the same is google back in the late 90's. When it launched, it was nothing but a form of indexing the links, with certain advantages. Were there others in the space? Yes. But what differentiated the team was a simple product, the will to last during the bust - and of course consistent delivery of what consumers needed. There is active discussion of the valuation of the project. You need to realize the concept of a pre-money valuation. Its the value of an enterprise, BEFORE it makes any money. Most organizations at scale have it during their early days. Its at the crux of what makes capitalism effective. Does pre-money valuation make sense ? In most cases, no. Its not a valuation on basis of the revenue but rather the risks assumed by the founders, the quality of the product and the possible profits involved. If we were to do a rot revenue analysis, we would be engaging with banks and not the community here.

All that aside, that is not what this post is about. Its about a product that is left to be marketed. To date- the product hasn't had a release on twitch or even a PR mention for that matter. The marketing campaign, along with the referral campaign will soon be live along with the sports betting front. As the focus shifts from fund raising to actually marketing the product, revenue is a given. Granted there are risks like with most projects, the founders have actually slapped a lot more than  a white paper - but a real product.

So, lets keep the trolling aside for a bit. In case there are any queries / bug fixes / suggestions to be made on the product itself, feel free to post here.

If you'd like to join the team - send in a CV to dailymodo@gamebet.gg and we'll revert to you.
We are looking to expand the team!

*edited.

I don't see anything wrong with your evaluation. If i had I would never have invested.
dannyman

Activity: 490

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:46:48 PM

Listen this might be an awesome project but I decided not to invest after checking the legitimacy of the key players. I can't know for sure but alarm bells have started ringing, the site could easily be a gambling clone of which there are tons online. There are also only two named people on this coin, one just has a history of chatting over pump and dumps and the other a newbie. The guy above me that keep posting like the site is legit and is gambling a lot on it has a terrible history on here of being involved in coins that died i.e. Scams.

people walk in eyes open and only invest what you are willing to lose.

Another bell is moderated thread and also the op is really over done graphically but the actual site is barebones...why would they not put that kind of effort to the site?
etparle

I love NACHOS

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:51:09 PM

Listen this might be an awesome project but I decided not to invest after checking the legitimacy of the key players. I can't know for sure but alarm bells have started ringing, the site could easily be a gambling clone of which there are tons online. There are also only two named people on this coin, one just has a history of chatting over pump and dumps and the other a newbie. The guy above me that keep posting like the site is legit and is gambling a lot on it has a terrible history on here of being involved in coins that died i.e. Scams.

I have been involved in ZERO scams. Not one! I take offence to your statement and believe you are just here to troll.
IOTUSA

Activity: 504

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 03:58:51 PM

Another bell is moderated thread and also the op is really over done graphically but the actual site is barebones...why would they not put that kind of effort to the site?

Calling a project a scam because it failed, is a pretty big insult to pretty much every businessperson that ever existed. Not to mention that coin related projects are about 80% failures just due to the nature of the market. I wouldn't invest with someone who hasn't failed at least once. To me, the chances of Gamebet.gg being an outright scam is almost zero. The site is up and running, and 200 BTC or so, it's even close to enough to exit scam a functioning business, so there isn't any motivation. The founders can make FAR more money just running an honest ICO and building the business.

orryde

Re-Evolution

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:00:47 PM

Investing in gambet is one of the more solid investments being pitched to the crypto-community. Everything else being pitched is, "we will make this", and "we will make that", then months of waiting and sometimes nothing comes from it. You cant say the same for gamebet.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
      ██           ██
    ██▀           ███
  ████████████████▀
dannyman

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:03:05 PM

Easy on the shilling guys...just saying for people to check things themselves, maybe I'm wrong but something seems too polished and wrong..
dannyman

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:07:43 PM

I have been involved in ZERO scams. Not one! I take offence to your statement and believe you are just here to troll.

Wanna explain your main posting and involvement with this scammy coin that suddenly died?

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400825.540
DailyModo (OP)

Activity: 812

www.gamebet.gg

View Profile
April 07, 2016, 04:20:36 PM

The site is not a clone of any existing platform, it was built entirely from scratch by our in-house team from day one. As we've mentioned countless times due to the nature of our operation being an online gambling business there are rules and regulations that need to be followed and because of this we are limited in what we can reveal about our identities. I can't speak for any other member of this thread, but what I can say is that plenty coins on BitcoinTalk come and go and is simply the nature of alt coins.

The graphics in the thread were done by another member of BitcoinTalk. We're not selling people the graphics that are in the opening post, they're there to help convey information and make it easier to digest. Our team (currently) lacks a professional front-end developer and we don't have the most polished and pretty site; We're well aware of this and working on it. We urge you to actually try out the platform and see where we're at because that is what we're selling. Deposit a dollar or two and make a few bets, win, lose, have fun because that's what it's about. We hope you take the time to reconsider your evaluation.

Betting on esports with crypto's and steam items has never been easier.
CONTACT
dailymodo@gamebet.gg @GamebetGg
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 187 »
  Print  

Jump to: