Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 09:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Updated : My web app "how to get bitcoins from ...."  (Read 538 times)
ragmondo (OP)

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 12:33:04 PM

Link here : http://bcfxer.appspot.com/

I am updating the graph it uses with user feedback. The graph is "live" so that I can adjust the weights programatically and the idea is that it will poll the different means of exchange and update the fees and percentage lost per transaction on a regular basis (don't need realtime - but perhaps every few hours).

eg. Let's imagine localbitcoins has someone offloading their btc for a knock down rate - then the app will display that (if you are looking to convert USD Cash -> BTC for example).  Now when that offer no longer exists, it may be more favourable to use coinbase and/or blockchain etc etc.

Any feedback appreciated. Feel free to use the add/new box which is an anonymous comment area or just in this thread.

The plan is to monetize it not by paid promotion in the rankings but kickbacks from referrals to sites (eg sealswithclubs, satoshi dice or equivalents). It doesn't need to generate much as it's running free on google app engine currently. All the graph can be memcached so it hardly makes any data calls (apart from when the routes are edited/ added -when it's flushed).

All feedback gratefully received.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 03, 2013, 05:15:35 PM

Neat app, however I get
An error occured with that route, we've been sent a message and we'll try and fix it
when I try to fund via USD Bank Account -> Funding acc at Mtgox.
ragmondo (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2013, 06:11:28 PM

Neat app, however I get
An error occured with that route, we've been sent a message and we'll try and fix it
when I try to fund via USD Bank Account -> Funding acc at Mtgox.

Hmm.. ok I'll get that nailed.
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1226

Away on an extended break

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 04:30:19 AM

Thanks for looking in  Grin
Probably adding Adsense or other Bitcoin ads would help you monetize the site too.
ragmondo (OP)

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 01:11:34 PM

Thanks for looking in  Grin
Probably adding Adsense or other Bitcoin ads would help you monetize the site too.

Absolutely - but my experience with ad broker is that with such small traffic (and let's put it this way - most people who visit it at the moment already know what they're doing) it would just detract from the usability. If it does start getting some traffic then I will put in some unobtrusive ads.  Not the "Before we take you to that link, here's a message from our sponsors..." type that's for sure.

Thanks for the advice though. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to get that bit coded up and just disabled for the time being. You never know when someone might blogs / tweets / mention you.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: