Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 11:11:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEEM][POW] - NO IPO | NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE (relaunch)  (Read 133031 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:21:53 PM

To the dev, this kind of bothers me so I wanted to point it out.

The first line of OP says "Steem - A experimental Proof of Work blockchain", but it should be "Steem - An experimental Proof of Work blockchain".

This is the first thing people see, so I doubt you want a typo there.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Each block is stacked on top of the previous one. Adding another block to the top makes all lower blocks more difficult to remove: there is more "weight" above each block. A transaction in a block 6 blocks deep (6 confirmations) will be very difficult to remove.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Xeldal

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:23:51 PM

I've noticed on several of my nodes that the hash rate has fallen from ~6000hps down to ~600hps and stays there.  The settings are exactly the same as another node that stays consistently at ~6000hps.  Any idea what might cause this?

BlockchainDynamics

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:25:45 PM

We talk about STEEM mining briefly on our podcast this week.

STEEM is mentioned at 2:15

Check out the recording @    goo.gl/mBRrjh

Check out our bitcointalk thread https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1379730

Follow us on twitter @ChainDynamics

Please feel free to send us information about STEEM (or other altcoins) via contact@blockchaindynamics.net

Thanks!
drays
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1073

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:32:32 PM

total shill for this project - words should be ignored!

If no windows  wallet today, then it must be time to announce this as a scam on the main board so people may avoid this project in the future.

If it is not a scam for the devs to be pulling a xcoin/dark kind of captive instamine then explain clearly why it is not a scam to be doing so.

Heh Smiley Opponents are labeled, conditions are announced, orders are issued! Grin

... this space is not for rent ...
steem

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 03:34:43 PM

Hi; I am Ned Scott, the founder of Steemit, Inc., an organization that has mined and is currently mining Steem.  Steemit, Inc provided the source code for Steem.

In the next few months, we will be releasing a white paper and a website to describe more about Steem, the cryptocurrency and blockchain.  

The reason this chain has been manufactured into existence as is is most explained by the following blog post: http://bytemaster.github.io/article/2016/03/27/How-to-Launch-a-Crypto-Currency-Legally-while-Raising-Funds/

We appreciate everyone who has mined this into existence with us.  I am available to speak privately with anyone who has mined this chain.

Look forward to being a part of the Steem movement with you.

STEEMD

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 04:09:20 PM

Hi; I am Ned Scott, the founder of Steemit, Inc., an organization that has mined and is currently mining Steem.  Steemit, Inc provided the source code for Steem.

In the next few months, we will be releasing a white paper and a website to describe more about Steem, the cryptocurrency and blockchain.  

The reason this chain has been manufactured into existence as is is most explained by the following blog post: http://bytemaster.github.io/article/2016/03/27/How-to-Launch-a-Crypto-Currency-Legally-while-Raising-Funds/

We appreciate everyone who has mined this into existence with us.  I am available to speak privately with anyone who has mined this chain.

With total respect, i ask @thereverseflash to post that you are not a troll..  Smiley
drays
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 04:14:14 PM

With total respect, i ask @thereverseflash to post that you are not a troll..  Smiley

Hmm... Interesting... Look here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/nedscott

CLains

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 04:24:03 PM

Anyone want to sell STEEM lower than 0.1 BTC per 200 STEEM? PM me w/ offers Smiley
digitalrust

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 04:38:32 PM

Started mining STEEM yesterday. Slick chain, excited to see where it goes Smiley

I am also interested in being a witness. Currently running one on BitShares (roadscape).
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:20:15 PM

If it is not a scam for the devs to be pulling a xcoin/dark kind of captive instamine then explain clearly why it is not a scam to be doing so.

Disclosure: i mined both before and after the relaunch. I have a small chunk converted to VESTS now.

The only reason I consider this less of a scam is that the developer was up front about it being information-restricted and manipulated by him for his benefit from the very beginning. There was no "fair launch" in the sense of making everything available to everyone easily at the very same time, but there was also no pretense of a fair launch.

if you go back to the original pre-relaunch thread, the post was very clear about it being explicitly "unfair":

Complaints

There are many common complaints/conspiracies about STEEM that we want to address up front:

1. We know that our announcement could be vague and create a barrier to entry for those who cannot code
2. We have mined the vast majority of blocks thus far and we do not attempt to hide it
3. We have mined using forum names so that we can give those names to their rightful owners
4. We have mined to register accounts with popular boy and girl names because they might have extra value some day
5. We know that many here may chose to avoid or not mine STEEM simply because of how it was launched, that is your choice.

If you do not like how STEEM was launched please move on.

I tend to agree with Eclipse Crypto that he probably did get screwed, and the reason he got screwed is he treated it as something vaguely like a fair launch where he could go and mine a lot of coins and get away with it. By contrast, although I also have access to essentially-infinite mining power, I recognized that this coin was set up as unfair from the start, and if one wants to participate at all, one is better off doing so as a minority partner and not directly challenging the developer.

Quote from: 48 Laws of Power, Robert Greene
1) Never outshine the master
thereverseflash (OP)

Activity: 70

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:37:07 PM

I can confirm that steem is Ned Scott.

Are you fast enough?
thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:50:35 PM

If they let you mine all you wanted, all your scam-accusation activity would never even appear here.

No, if they had let me keep what I mined instead of stealing it from me by relaunching, I probably wouldn't think they were abusing their power as devs.

How can you not comprehend that?

I can honestly say that the decision to relaunch had nothing to do with how much anyone had mined and everything to do with a fundamental bug in the scheduling algorithm that lead to undefined scheduling behavior. This undefined behavior affected everyone and coordinating a hard fork in a timely manner was much more expensive.

Are you fast enough?
steem

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 05:59:36 PM

At Steemit, Inc we consider ourselves public facing, are in communication with regulatory authorities, and have a sense of service to partners.  To that end, I would emphasize again that I am available to speak privately with anyone who has participated in mining Steem.
Kushedout
Legendary

Activity: 1123
Merit: 1000

SaluS - (SLS)

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:25:25 PM

I am willing to buy 1BTC worth of STEEM (for now)

Please PM me with your offers.

Escrow is welcome (though not needed)

Thanks,

-Kushed

thereverseflash (OP)

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 06:54:33 PM

I am willing to buy 1BTC worth of STEEM (for now)

Please PM me with your offers.

Escrow is welcome (though not needed)

Thanks,

-Kushed

Keep in mind when you are pricing STEEM that the supply will reach ~500M within a year.  If you convert to VESTS then you can consider the current supply and more-or-less lock in your percentage.

Just trying to help everyone know what to expect when they buy/sell. 

Are you fast enough?
Eclipse Crypto

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:20:23 PM

Disclosure: i mined both before and after the relaunch. I have a small chunk converted to VESTS now.

The only reason I consider this less of a scam is that the developer was up front about it being information-restricted and manipulated by him for his benefit from the very beginning. There was no "fair launch" in the sense of making everything available to everyone easily at the very same time, but there was also no pretense of a fair launch.

if you go back to the original pre-relaunch thread, the post was very clear about it being explicitly "unfair":

Complaints

There are many common complaints/conspiracies about STEEM that we want to address up front:

1. We know that our announcement could be vague and create a barrier to entry for those who cannot code
2. We have mined the vast majority of blocks thus far and we do not attempt to hide it
3. We have mined using forum names so that we can give those names to their rightful owners
4. We have mined to register accounts with popular boy and girl names because they might have extra value some day
5. We know that many here may chose to avoid or not mine STEEM simply because of how it was launched, that is your choice.

If you do not like how STEEM was launched please move on.

I tend to agree with Eclipse Crypto that he probably did get screwed, and the reason he got screwed is he treated it as something vaguely like a fair launch where he could go and mine a lot of coins and get away with it. By contrast, although I also have access to essentially-infinite mining power, I recognized that this coin was set up as unfair from the start, and if one wants to participate at all, one is better off doing so as a minority partner and not directly challenging the developer.

Quote from: 48 Laws of Power, Robert Greene
1) Never outshine the master

And I've been mining while I've been fudding.

Hate me? Consider it "chess". Wink

TOTAL                  1357.000 STEEM    3676.733594 VESTS            0.000 SBD
steem

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 07:35:00 PM

We've known it all along Smiley

Happy to see you participating

Ned
drays
Legendary

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:01:09 PM
Last edit: April 03, 2016, 11:59:10 PM by drays

TOTAL                  1357.000 STEEM    3676.733594 VESTS            0.000 SBD

Congratulations on getting a good share! And also on successfully fooling people.  Lips sealed
Congratulations to me for being 100% correct on guessing your true motivations, "a scam-buster who loves fair play"..
Don't hate you, definitely. Just don't like too much. But you'll survive this for sure Smiley.  Let people who were fooled by you, to hate you, if they are inclined so.

You're just a simple liar, sir. It would be pretty stupid for anyone reading this to buy or participate in your Eclipse project. Trickster will be a trickster everywhere...

And those persons call me a "shill"...
Who is the shill now..?  Wink

Being honest is risky, ungrateful, and is not that profitable, but I personally prefer that way. And well, I don't really like nether chess, nor a puppet show, to be honest.
Anyway, glad to see this masquerade is ended.

NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2016, 08:24:10 PM

Things have certainly turned around today, eh?

Sometimes blind faith pays off, looks like this is one of those situations.  I look forward to running a witness for the network and am glad to see more and more people getting interested and jumping on board!  Once a Winblows binary is released, things will really take off so I'd suggest those of you that are paying attention jump on some free VPS time you can easily find by googling.

Eclipse Crypto

Activity: 98

View Profile
April 03, 2016, 08:44:52 PM

We've known it all along Smiley

Happy to see you participating

Ned

I think you have a great idea here and am interested in being a witness, so I'm going to lay down my creds.

First of all, the Eclipse Crypto account is a join developer account. I originally used it to post in this thread because I was logged in as this account and forgot to log out. I thought it would be a one-off post but then it kind of exploded. The other Eclipse developers have been *very* understanding, and my apparent lunacy here is in no way a reflection of the Eclipse team.

From now on, I'll post in this thread as "Bubba-Gump".
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: