Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:33:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEEM][POW] - NO IPO | NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE (relaunch)  (Read 133031 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thereverseflash (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 10:44:47 PM

how to send STEEM to openledger-wallet ?

tried to send 10 coins to "openledger" with memo open.steem:myopenledgeraccount

Automated deposit and withdraw is not fully operational.  It could be a week until it is properly automated. Things are still in the testing phase so expect delays until it comes online.

Are you fast enough?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
kahir
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 08, 2016, 11:11:01 PM

thereverseflash

still no gui windows wallet .......
Jookly
Legendary

Activity: 1131
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 02:31:40 AM

I checked my miner today and I think I was getting the same fork issue.  I restarted the miner so hopefully that will fix it.  Not quite sure yet.
puppies

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 04:38:42 AM

I checked my miner today and I think I was getting the same fork issue.  I restarted the miner so hopefully that will fix it.  Not quite sure yet.

If it doesn't try to launch it with the --resync-blockchain flag.  You will have to redownload the chain, but the fork should resolve.  It did on my forked nodes.
JoeyD

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:41:22 AM

is it ok to use the same WIF key for few mining accounts?
and to use the same accountname in --witness and --miner ?

1. only use --witness on one machine or you will double produce blocks and lose your account
2. you can use the same key so long as you mine on the same computer in the same process

I don't understand what the above is supposed to mean.

You have to set --witness only on one machine, but you can only mine with the same key on the same computer in the same process? Then what's the point? Doesn't this mean that you have to use a different key + witness for every "miner" that is setup? So wouldn't that make setting up a miner without the --witness option completely useless?

If not, how is one supposed to configure multiple miners on a single witness-account?
SalimNagamato
Legendary

Activity: 924

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 05:06:44 PM

created a Dockerfile + build instructions for anyone interested to run steemd in a docker container
https://github.com/blood2/steemd-docker
also helpful if someone is able to run Ubuntu and Docker, but still having trouble with build
if i make a mistake please let me know. tested it on my VM

not hashing, folding and curing (check FLDC merged-folding! reuse good GPUs)
steemit

Activity: 4

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 06:24:31 PM

dev talking about steem:

https://soundcloud.com/beyond-bitcoin-hangouts/e147#t=48:30
copychicken

Activity: 784

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 08:31:27 PM

where did you get private key?

nvm I got it
[/quote]

where exactly?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:06:53 PM

The wif key must be random, or it has to do with the public key generated when we launch the wallet?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:21:16 PM

and what directory is the config.ini?? i cant seem to find it anywhere.

STEEMD

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:24:42 PM

and what directory is the config.ini?? i cant seem to find it anywhere.

this folder wont show if you didnt start ./steemd for the first time.

/steem/programs/steemd/witness_node_data_dir
abitmore

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 10:26:16 PM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 11:33:49 AM by abitmore

1. only use --witness on one machine or you will double produce blocks and lose your account
2. you can use the same key so long as you mine on the same computer in the same process

I don't understand what the above is supposed to mean.

You have to set --witness only on one machine, but you can only mine with the same key on the same computer in the same process? Then what's the point? Doesn't this mean that you have to use a different key + witness for every "miner" that is setup? So wouldn't that make setting up a miner without the --witness option completely useless?

If not, how is one supposed to configure multiple miners on a single witness-account?
In STEEM chain, blocks are produced by witnesses.
Which block should be produced by which witness, is calculated at the start of each 'round' (every 21 blocks), as a consensus by every node.
By specifying --witness plus a key (which is in --miner), the node will produce blocks with that witness.
So if two machines have same witness and key, both of them will produce a block when it's the witness's turn. This is the so-called "double produce".

By specifying --miner but no --witness, the node will only mine with that miner but won't produce blocks. So it's possible to have multiple processes/hardware work for one witness.

So what's the use case? Assume there are 100 machines, each machine has the hashing power to keep 1 'ticket' in the queue, what's the easiest way to setup them? Probably run one server with --witness and --miner (specify 100 times with 100 different accounts), and other 99 servers with --miner and no --witness (with all 100 accounts as well). Or maybe even better if use more accounts.

//Update:
It's possible to specify --witness & --private-key but no --miner, so the node will produce blocks only, but won't mine. In this way an elected witness won't get voted out by itself when accidentally mined out a ticket.

//Update2:
Theoretically it would be somehow inefficient if use same key on different machines.
copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:03:16 PM

haha i still have problems for one pc, and you are talking about 100?

on the mining.. should i have 2 instances of the wallet open?

one with the mining command, and the other with rpc endpoint?

copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
April 09, 2016, 11:49:38 PM

This is what i am getting now. Sad

Mysterion

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:19:37 AM

So,

I get your point, you wanna have a majority share in your own coin that you put so much work in. Understandable.

However you'll have a very hard time to shake the scam image. That's not saying your coin won't land on a good exchange or do ok, but anyone looking at STEEM will see it as a pump and dump opportunity and you'll have a hard time building a real community for it since you'll be ruined by day traders that know how to handle your coin.

I guess my question is why not make it a legit launch with a premine or ICO and disclaim all the great features from the start?

seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 12:56:11 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2016, 02:10:11 AM by seedtrue

You just showed us your private key...or most of it at least. When you get things working do not use that key for security reasons.
Grandpa Jones

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 01:53:13 AM

By "lose" and account, does that mean you lose the ability to mine with it or the balance too?

How can you know which accounts are "lost"?

Synergy Dev Team
copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 08:57:41 AM

You just showed us your private key...or most of it at least. When you get things working do not use that key for security reasons.

yes i know Smiley but as soon as i get it to work, i will change it.

abitmore

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 10:19:35 AM

By "lose" and account, does that mean you lose the ability to mine with it or the balance too?

How can you know which accounts are "lost"?

By "double producing" the nodes are making forks.

I wonder how the account will get "lost" as well..

In order to ban an account, nodes (at least block producers) on the major (longest) chain need to know things happened on a minor chain (at least who was forking), then refuses any transaction signed by that account. If this is the case, the "bad one" will lose everything, STEEMS, VESTS, account name etc. I don't know how to automate this right now, since forking can be caused by accident, IMO it's hard to identify automatically & accurately. On the other hand, it could be easier to be identified manually, although still need some efforts. Then comes another question: how to convince the producers to ban an account. In the mining phrase, if enough hashing power is making forks, it will be troublesome. In the voting phrase, the major VESTS holders (atm it's steemit) decide the block produces, so it's possible for them to do anything. Just thinking out loud..
tombstone2

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 10, 2016, 11:00:57 AM

The incentive to hold VESTS will fall dramatically over the next few weeks as the rate of change in the supply of STEEM falls.

Do you mean the incentive to hold VESTS or the incentive to create new VESTS from STEEM?

Bump
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: