Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 06:40:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEEM][POW] - NO IPO | NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE (relaunch)  (Read 133029 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
thereverseflash (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:31:18 PM

Updated my seed and witness node.

Please vote for cyrano.witness when you find the time!

https://steemit.com/witness-category/@cyrano.witness/cyrano-witness-post

Thanks to arhag one more last minute fix was discovered and checked in.

I apologize to anyone who updated in the past 6 hours.  It is a trade off between making the hyper vigilant update twice now, or everyone else update twice later.  This way we save long-term hardforking code.

exchanges have been notified, witnesses too.

Those of you familiar with BTS know that witnesses can handle emergency bug-fix hardforks with less than 12 hours of notice.   

Are you fast enough?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
pieterjanvh

Activity: 668
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 03:57:47 PM

it's funny you guys quote the message with " pharisees " in it. This is only 4 weeks old, and you are already talking about late investor shit. So a few people mined and the devs secured a large percentage of that by mining instead of selling xx million dollars worth in an ICO and claim they ran out of funds in a year or so. I actually feel much safer knowing the devs own 80% or more locked in power-ups for two years. Yes they will get weekly payouts and will have control, but what better motive will they have go the whole nine yards to make STEEM a success? I know you want to mine 80% of a coin and have the devs work for you for free, does that ever happen? I myself was called many names in the past on bct, and the fact is I agree with the devs 100%, catering to the pharisees on bct is a sure recipe for failure.

If you guys spend as much time reading instead of casting stones, you will know this is still in the early stages, even pre "early investors" as you like to call them. Get your powerups now while it's not expensive to do so. Join slack and learn how you can get STEEM without mining or buying, even the pharisees will make STEEM on steemit.com by casting stones  Roll Eyes

I'm trying to read your post but all I can see is "I SCAM PEOPLE FOR A LIVING".
@Everyone: don't trust this guy.
cubex

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 05:49:43 PM

Witness bitcube and seed nodes are updated to the latest STEEM release.

Please vote for witness bitcube.  I appreciate your kind support!

https://steemit.com/witness-category/@bitcube/bitcube-witness-post

Seed node: steemseed.cubeconnex.com:2001

Code:
{
  "client_version": "unknown",
  "steem_revision": "3bb37ad275d35f1cb9181beb0d8773fb137e023a",
  "steem_revision_age": "3 hours ago",
  "fc_revision": "b34e8584ae8f2667dcdfa5b53b1a372fe2c41a89",
NextGenCrypto

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2016, 07:02:18 PM

Hi all-

I have set up a witness node located in Los Angeles, California that includes DDOS protection, automatic backups, and can easily be scaled up to meet the needs of the network.
Being one of the top public VESTS (Steem Power) holders, I am committed to providing long-term support to the STEEM network and am fortunate enough to have plenty of time to react to updates and other situations as needed. Additional plans to support STEEM will be announced shortly.

Account: nextgencrypto
Seed URL: seed.steemwitness.com:2001

To vote in support of my witness, please use the following command: vote_for_witness youraccount nextgencrypto true true

Thank you in advance for your support!

Seed and Witness nodes have been updated to the latest code on master!  Looking forward to the change over tonight.

iHashFury

Activity: 141
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:40:41 PM

Seed and Witness nodes have been updated to the latest code on "git checkout master"
liondani

Activity: 97

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 07:49:26 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2016, 09:16:35 PM by liondani

Witness: liondani and seed node (based in Switzerland & Germany) are updated to the latest STEEM release.

I am running the following witness node:

• Witness Name: liondani
  • Witness Node IP: CONFIDENTIAL
  • Seed Node IP & Port:212.117.213.186:2016 (Switzerland)

I can scale up all seed node and witness resources on demand in real time very quick.

witness node located in Germany:
CPU: six cores, 30 GB RAM, 2000 GB disk space, SSD boost, UNLIMITED traffic

seed node located in Switzerland:
CPU: four cores, 8 GB RAM, 2000 GB disk space, SSD, UNLIMITED traffic

About me:

Member of the bitshares community from the early days
Delegate on bts1
Seed nodes running for bts1,bts2
Worker delegate and support for bts Developer James Calfee

and so it begun...
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,6406.0.html

Please vote
for my witness:

vote_for_witness youraccountname liondani  true true

will update with more details the next days.
Thanks!

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
P-Funk

Activity: 360

Token

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:16:58 PM

Did the latest github update break steemd? I installed it on a few computers yesterday without much issue. Today I've installed it on another and once I get the config.ini edited and start steemd, it doesn't load the blockchain, instead it dumps/scrolls
Code:
444059ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 26 queue: 91 estimated time to produce: 1118481 minutes
444060ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 26 queue: 91 estimated time to produce: 1118481 minutes
444061ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 27 queue: 92 estimated time to produce: 2236962 minutes
444062ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 27 queue: 92 estimated time to produce: 2236962 minutes
444062ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 27 queue: 92 estimated time to produce: 2236962 minutes
444063ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 27 queue: 92 estimated time to produce: 2236962 minutes
444063ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 27 queue: 92 estimated time to produce: 2236962 minutes
444064ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 27 queue: 92 estimated time to produce: 2236962 minutes
...etc as fast as it can.

What's going on here?
puppies

Activity: 69

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 08:29:00 PM

Did the latest github update break steemd? I installed it on a few computers yesterday without much issue. Today I've installed it on another and once I get the config.ini edited and start steemd, it doesn't load the blockchain, instead it dumps/scrolls
Code:
444059ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 26 queue: 91 estimated time to produce: 1118481 minutes
444060ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 26 queue: 91 estimated time to produce: 1118481 minutes
444061ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 27 queue: 92 estimated time to produce: 2236962 minutes
444064ms th_a       witness.cpp:418               on_applied_block     ] hash rate: 1 hps  target: 27 queue: 92 estimated time to produce: 2236962 minutes
...etc as fast as it can.

What's going on here?

Its syncing
P-Funk

Token

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 09:32:27 PM

Its syncing
Yep that output wasn't there on yesterday's git version but I let it run and it synced up. Thanks.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1197

View Profile
April 23, 2016, 10:58:16 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 02:05:30 AM by smooth

Smooth witness

I’m ‘smooth’, well known and active in the cryptocurrency community since 2011, core team member of Monero and lead developer of AEON.

I have not been involved with Bitshares or other DPoS so operating a witness node is new to me. However, I have years of experience with development and deployment of high availability mission critical infrastructure, HPC big data, along with various cryptocurrency nodes, mining operations, and services. I’ve also been mining and operating steem nodes since the launch in March 2016.

I am one of the largest holders of STEEM independent of the original team, and my objective in operating a witness node includes working to ensure that the network is secure, reliable and scalable, in order to protect and grow the value of my stake. Although my identity is not public, I do not and have not ever operated any sock puppets or other misleading identities, and my five-year history in the community provides ample objective support for such a statement. Further, I state unequivocally that I have no affiliation with the steemit team, any of the steem developers, or any of the other witness operators outside of our normal online interactions. Thus I can promise that my witness node will be operated in fully-independent manner, faithful to the network rules and the best interests of my own stake and that of the other stakeholders.

To that end I have provisioned redundant enterprise-class hardware in a low-latency Tier 2 datacenter at an undisclosed location. This is dedicated hardware, not deployed on AWS or another cloud. There is more than ample excess CPU, memory, and storage to support rapid network growth, and all can be easily scaled as needed. Standby hardware is already online for fail-over, and backup witness nodes at additional locations will be added. In addition I will be providing a full-time seed node, currently located in AWS Singapore (IP below). These are fully updated with latest patches from github.

If you wish to support my witness node, please vote as follows:

vote_for_witness your-account smooth.witness true true

(If you have previously voted for ’smooth’, please change that vote to ’smooth.witness’ instead)

smooth.witness seed node: 52.74.152.79:2001
pharesim

Activity: 423

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 01:21:48 AM

About time to intoduce myself as a witness here too.

I haven't been that active on bct the last months, but thanks to fuzzy I had a look at Steem, and immideately got catched by everything behind it.
If you want to know more about my current and future setup check out my post in the witness-category, I'll keep you updated there.

If you have questions, need help or simply want to chat, join the Steem Slack Smiley
P-Funk

Token

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 04:27:49 AM

Smooth witness

I’m ‘smooth’, well known and active in the cryptocurrency community since 2011, core team member of Monero and lead developer of AEON.

I have not been involved with Bitshares or other DPoS so operating a witness node is new to me. However, I have years of experience with development and deployment of high availability mission critical infrastructure, HPC big data, along with various cryptocurrency nodes, mining operations, and services. I’ve also been mining and operating steem nodes since the launch in March 2016.

I am one of the largest holders of STEEM independent of the original team, and my objective in operating a witness node includes working to ensure that the network is secure, reliable and scalable, in order to protect and grow the value of my stake. Although my identity is not public, I do not and have not ever operated any sock puppets or other misleading identities, and my five-year history in the community provides ample objective support for such a statement. Further, I state unequivocally that I have no affiliation with the steemit team, any of the steem developers, or any of the other witness operators outside of our normal online interactions. Thus I can promise that my witness node will be operated in fully-independent manner, faithful to the network rules and the best interests of my own stake and that of the other stakeholders.

To that end I have provisioned redundant enterprise-class hardware in a low-latency Tier 2 datacenter at an undisclosed location. This is dedicated hardware, not deployed on AWS or another cloud. There is more than ample excess CPU, memory, and storage to support rapid network growth, and all can be easily scaled as needed. Standby hardware is already online for fail-over, and backup witness nodes at additional locations will be added. In addition I will be providing a full-time seed node, currently located in AWS Singapore (IP below). These are fully updated with latest patches from github.

If you wish to support my witness node, please vote as follows:

vote_for_witness your-account smooth.witness true true

(If you have previously voted for ’smooth’, please change that vote to ’smooth.witness’ instead)

smooth.witness seed node: 52.74.152.79:2001

Because of your active development of Monero and AEON, probably among others, and active involvement in other cryptocurrency networks and communities, you've got my modest vote.
abitmore

Activity: 20

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 06:04:10 AM

On which block STEEM switches from DPOW to DPOS? And what is estimated time of this swich? Or target spacing between blocks?
Block 864000. Around 2016-04-24 05:40 UTC

The switch should be instantly.
Block 864000 is coming later than estimated because some miners are not producing.
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 10:23:18 AM

On which block STEEM switches from DPOW to DPOS? And what is estimated time of this swich? Or target spacing between blocks?
Block 864000. Around 2016-04-24 05:40 UTC

The switch should be instantly.
Block 864000 is coming later than estimated because some miners are not producing.

I guess it is over now  Cry
Mysterion

Activity: 48

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 03:02:01 PM

it's funny you guys quote the message with " pharisees " in it. This is only 4 weeks old, and you are already talking about late investor shit. So a few people mined and the devs secured a large percentage of that by mining instead of selling xx million dollars worth in an ICO and claim they ran out of funds in a year or so. I actually feel much safer knowing the devs own 80% or more locked in power-ups for two years. Yes they will get weekly payouts and will have control, but what better motive will they have go the whole nine yards to make STEEM a success? I know you want to mine 80% of a coin and have the devs work for you for free, does that ever happen? I myself was called many names in the past on bct, and the fact is I agree with the devs 100%, catering to the pharisees on bct is a sure recipe for failure.

If you guys spend as much time reading instead of casting stones, you will know this is still in the early stages, even pre "early investors" as you like to call them. Get your powerups now while it's not expensive to do so. Join slack and learn how you can get STEEM without mining or buying, even the pharisees will make STEEM on steemit.com by casting stones  Roll Eyes

No, I absolutely agree with the sentiment that it's better if the developers have some incentive to work on their own coin. I just disagree with advertising STEEM as a fairly launched coin. What's wrong with explicitly stating "[ANN][STEEM][POW] NO IPO | 80% Premine", if they really believe they could make this a success?

Maybe because they wouldn't have gotten to a valuation of 37500 BTC market cap? Which puts them right into the top 10 of cryptocurrencies? Just a thought..

And don't tell me that argument about "restricted shares". You can't say you're avoiding regulation if it suits you and on the other hand cite examples from regulated markets. No other POS coin deducts their staking coins from the total supply, so why does STEEM do that?

Maybe to hide that the devs hold coins worth ~13 Million dollars? But yeah, everyone's right, STEEM is probably valued correctly, almost as high as Ethereum during the IPO phase. Makes absolute sense Cheesy
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 03:08:52 PM

No, I absolutely agree with the sentiment that it's better if the developers have some incentive to work on their own coin. I just disagree with advertising STEEM as a fairly launched coin. What's wrong with explicitly stating "[ANN][STEEM][POW] NO IPO | 80% Premine", if they really believe they could make this a success?

Maybe because they wouldn't have gotten to a valuation of 37500 BTC market cap? Which puts them right into the top 10 of cryptocurrencies? Just a thought..

And don't tell me that argument about "restricted shares". You can't say you're avoiding regulation if it suits you and on the other hand cite examples from regulated markets. No other POS coin deducts their staking coins from the total supply, so why does STEEM do that?

Maybe to hide that the devs hold coins worth ~13 Million dollars? But yeah, everyone's right, STEEM is probably valued correctly, almost as high as Ethereum during the IPO phase. Makes absolute sense Cheesy

Everyone had a fair chance to mine this. Just because a lot of people could not figure out how to do it, does not mean they could not have with a little work. All it took was reading the thread.
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 1102

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 03:31:27 PM

Everyone had a fair chance to mine this. Just because a lot of people could not figure out how to do it, does not mean they could not have with a little work. All it took was reading the thread.

Didn't the dev(s) basically admit that the whole reason they relaunched was because they were unsuccessful in instamining to the degree that they intended to avoid an IPO (for legal reasons)? You can argue the semantics of "premine", "instamine", and "fair", but at least to me it seems shady af and I wouldn't touch it with a 33.5 foot pole, especially given the duplicitous nature of the all-caps "NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE" thread title.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 03:34:33 PM

Didn't the dev(s) basically admit that the whole reason they relaunched was because they were unsuccessful in instamining to the degree that they intended to avoid an IPO (for legal reasons)?

No, they did not admit that, though it was alleged.
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 03:38:06 PM

Wait.. PoW is just 4 weeks?

Not exactly, it is still 4.76% (1 PoW block out of every 21 blocks) indefinitely.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:15:29 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 11:26:19 PM by traumschiff

Didn't the dev(s) basically admit that the whole reason they relaunched was because they were unsuccessful in instamining to the degree that they intended to avoid an IPO (for legal reasons)?

No, they did not admit that, though it was alleged.

You are starting to lose your credibility here smooth. Everything was managed so most people can not mine from the early high reward blocks, most coins were instamined by the developers with no proper instructions on how to mine, without a windows wallets oh and POW is over aswell (1 block out of 21 is literally nothing). Staking favors the early bigger holders aswell. Feels like you are supporting the new DASH.

Oh.... wait, now that you are a big holder here it's suddenly ok. I'm happy you show your true colors, RIP altcoin police.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: