Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:10:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][STEEM][POW] - NO IPO | NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE (relaunch)  (Read 133031 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:18:52 PM

Everyone had a fair chance to mine this. Just because a lot of people could not figure out how to do it, does not mean they could not have with a little work. All it took was reading the thread.

Didn't the dev(s) basically admit that the whole reason they relaunched was because they were unsuccessful in instamining to the degree that they intended to avoid an IPO (for legal reasons)? You can argue the semantics of "premine", "instamine", and "fair", but at least to me it seems shady af and I wouldn't touch it with a 33.5 foot pole, especially given the duplicitous nature of the all-caps "NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE" thread title.

The topic title is misleading and a noob trap. Devs hold most of the supply while staking the most with a valuation of several million $s. Smooth would call it a scam if he wouldn't be invested so heavily Sad

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:33:39 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2016, 11:54:16 PM by smooth

Everyone had a fair chance to mine this. Just because a lot of people could not figure out how to do it, does not mean they could not have with a little work. All it took was reading the thread.

Didn't the dev(s) basically admit that the whole reason they relaunched was because they were unsuccessful in instamining to the degree that they intended to avoid an IPO (for legal reasons)?

No, they did not admit that, though it was alleged.

You are starting to lose your credibility here smooth. Everything was managed so most people can not mine from the early high reward blocks, most coins were instamined by the developers with no proper instructions on how to mine, without a windows wallets oh and POW is over aswell (1 block out of 21 is literally nothing). Staking favors the early bigger holders aswell. Feels like you are supporting the new DASH.

I never disagreed that it was managed to achieve the outcome they wanted (controlling most of the coins). I simply took issue with the specific claim they admitted relaunching for that reason. I never saw such an admission.

Oh.... wait, now that you are a big holder here it's suddenly ok. I'm happy you show your true colors, RIP altcoin police.

Hold on there, I never said it was 'okay', but the reality is that I solved the puzzle they presented and got some coins for doing so. I don't see how it was my problem the devs decided to launch their coin as a puzzle, or that I solved it and some other people didn't. I never said it was fair either, and, no, I don't like the 'NO PREMINE, NO INSTAMINE' stuff in the header. I already said it should be replaced with 'NO FAIRNESS'.

I appreciate your wording, though, stating that I am "starting" to lose my credibility. Thank you for the endorsement. It'd be a while before my credibility is much affected by having mined a coin and correcting the facts on what the devs admitted or didn't admit.
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:39:27 PM

Didn't the dev(s) basically admit that the whole reason they relaunched was because they were unsuccessful in instamining to the degree that they intended to avoid an IPO (for legal reasons)?

You are starting to lose your credibility here smooth. Everything was managed so most people can not mine from the early high reward blocks, most coins were instamined by the developers with no proper instructions on how to mine, without a windows wallets oh and POW is over aswell (1 block out of 21 is literally nothing). Staking favors the early bigger holders aswell. Feels like you are supporting the new DASH.

I never disagreed that it was managed to achieve the outcome they wanted (controlling most of the coins). I simply took issue with the specific claim they admitted relaunching for that reason. I never saw such an admission.

Oh.... wait, now that you are a big holder here it's suddenly ok. I'm happy you show your true colors, RIP altcoin police.

Hold on there, I never said it was 'okay', but the reality is that I solved the puzzle they presented and got some coins for doing so. I don't see how was my problem how the devs decided to launch their coin as a puzzle, or that some other people didn't solve it. I never said it was fair either, and, no, I don't like the 'NO PREMINE, NO INSTAMINE' stuff in the header. I already said it should be replaced with 'NO FAIRNESS'.

I appreciate your wording, though, stating that I am "starting" to lose my credibility. Thank you for the endorsement. It'd be a while before my credibility is much affected by having mined a coin and correcting the facts on what the devs admitted or didn't admit.

You are clearly supporting a project where the devs control 80% of the supply with using certain unfair methods and their holding is the biggest staking holding aswell. Not sure how you have to face to support this after all the altcoin police level shit you pulled of in certain threads, specially DASH's.

Nothing you bullshit will help you out on this.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:43:01 PM
Last edit: April 25, 2016, 12:00:16 AM by smooth

The topic title is misleading and a noob trap. Devs hold most of the supply while staking the most with a valuation of several million $s. Smooth would call it a scam if he wouldn't be invested so heavily Sad

I basically agree with this, including the 5pt type.

But as I have said many times before, noobs should not invest in cryptocurrencies, period, and especially this one where everything is set up in a very complicated manner that is as you call it a 'noob trap'. I happen to think there is potential here, and there are interesting things going on, or I would have just dumped all my mined coins, as I have done with other coins where got the jump and mined a lot. I'm not one who is afraid to dump junk for a profit (or even to limit a loss).

Nevertheless, what I think doesn't matter. If you don't know exactly what you are doing here, and have a well-reasoned business case for why it might succeed despite the nature of the launch, stay far away. If you can't afford to lose every satoshi you put into it, stay away anyway.

You are clearly supporting a project

I'm doing no such thing. I have a stake in it, that is all, which I may very well lose if and when it fails. I'm giving no support to the method of launch nor am I encouraging anyone to invest in it.
Indemnified

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2016, 11:55:43 PM

Hold on there, I never said it was 'okay', but the reality is that I solved the puzzle they presented and got some coins for doing so. I don't see how was my problem how the devs decided to launch their coin as a puzzle, or that some other people didn't solve it. I never said it was fair either, and, no, I don't like the 'NO PREMINE, NO INSTAMINE' stuff in the header. I already said it should be replaced with 'NO FAIRNESS'.

You are clearly supporting a project where the devs control 80% of the supply with using certain unfair methods and their holding is the biggest staking holding aswell. Not sure how you have to face to support this after all the altcoin police level shit you pulled of in certain threads, specially DASH's.

Traditionally when entrepreneurs start a new venture, they initially own 100% of the equity, not 80%, and then they sell off portions of this equity to fund development of their vision. The devs behind STEEM have been up front about what they are doing and have said that their stake will go down to 20% as they do giveaways to attract users and development.

The fact that STEEM developers have hit upon "mining" as a way to legally acquire development funds for their venture seems to offend the purists - AS THEY KNEW IT WOULD. The rest of us can surely look beyond this to what they are setting out to accomplish. Mining is a tool, not a sacred right.
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:30:31 AM

Traditionally when entrepreneurs start a new venture, they initially own 100% of the equity, not 80%, and then they sell off portions of this equity to fund development of their vision. The devs behind STEEM have been up front about what they are doing and have said that their stake will go down to 20% as they do giveaways to attract users and development.

The fact that STEEM developers have hit upon "mining" as a way to legally acquire development funds for their venture seems to offend the purists - AS THEY KNEW IT WOULD. The rest of us can surely look beyond this to what they are setting out to accomplish. Mining is a tool, not a sacred right.

[ANN][STEEM][POW] - NO IPO | NO PREMINE | NO INSTAMINE (relaunch)

Enough said.

cryptoVIP

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 07:52:34 AM

no official website?

casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:59:19 AM

"CMake Error: The source directory [user] does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt"
how to solve this ?
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 10:13:13 AM

"CMake Error: The source directory [user] does not appear to contain CMakeLists.txt"
how to solve this ?
cd
cd steem
casper77
Legendary

Activity: 2884
Merit: 1035

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:02:03 PM

how to solve this ?
cd
cd steem
"No such file or directory"
i am a-half-of-noob in linux systems, but very want to learn all of this
please help step-by-step to start mining
ubuntu 14
seedtrue
Legendary

Activity: 963
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 12:07:54 PM

how to solve this ?
cd
cd steem
"No such file or directory"
i am a-half-of-noob in linux systems, but very want to learn all of this
please help step-by-step to start mining
ubuntu 14

Follow instructions in this post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1410943.msg14307504#msg14307504

Since the recent update you will also have to add qt sudo apt-get install qt5-default qttools5-dev-tools
thereverseflash (OP)

Activity: 70

I'll be able to change everything!

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 07:34:07 PM

There was a small oversight in witness vote calculations after the VESTS share split that took effect 2 hours ago.

We have made a new release that fixes those issues and recalculates all witness votes tomorrow at 2:00 PM EST.

We have tagged a release here that all miners / witnesses will have to update to.

https://github.com/steemit/steem/releases/tag/v0.2.0

There are several other witness scheduling / voting issues that were addressed in this fork. 

The good news is that most of the witnesses that were in top are still in the top and the network is still running smoothly through this transition. 

Behold the power of DPOS for rapid updates and bug fixes Smiley.

Are you fast enough?
john-connor

Activity: 596
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 09:04:33 PM

I am one of the largest holders of STEEM independent of the original team, and my objective in operating a witness node includes working to ensure that the network is secure, reliable and scalable, in order to protect and grow the value of my stake. Although my identity is not public, I do not and have not ever operated any sock puppets or other misleading identities, and my five-year history in the community provides ample objective support for such a statement. Further, I state unequivocally that I have no affiliation with the steemit team, any of the steem developers, or any of the other witness operators outside of our normal online interactions. Thus I can promise that my witness node will be operated in fully-independent manner, faithful to the network rules and the best interests of my own stake and that of the other stakeholders.
So let me get this straight... You are now an Instamine proponent yet still trolling Even Duffield? Lulz. We call people like you politicians ($$$ is your moral compass and lies are your only weapon).

Regarding your non-socket puppet accounts and how great you think you are people should judge by what others are saying so I will leave this here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151565.0

Taking screenshot of this post as always. ;-)

Minter                       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                  ▄▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄▄
               ▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
            ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
          ,▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▄
         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      █▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓▄   ▀▓▀   ▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▄     ▄▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ╟▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▄ ▄▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
     ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
      ║▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
       ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓   ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
         ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
           ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
             ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
                ▀█▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀
                     ▀▀██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██▀▀
||

╓▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓█▀▀▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌        ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀╜        ╙▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                      ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                       ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                        ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌         ▓▓▓▓▓          ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⌐         ▓▓▓▓▓         ╣▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓         ▀█▀▀^         ╫▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌                      ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                     ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓                 #▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌
▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓
 ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
 ╙▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀
WALLET

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█

▄█████▄   ▄▄
▐█▄           ▄███████████▀
████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
████████▄▄   ▐████████████
 ████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████████████
 ▀███████████████████████
   ▀████████████████████
   ████████████████████
    ▀█████████████████
      ▄█████████████▀
▄▄▄▄█████████████▀
  ▀▀█████████▀▀
pmconrad

Activity: 149
Merit: 102

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2016, 09:43:38 PM

We have made a new release that fixes those issues and recalculates all witness votes tomorrow at 2:00 PM EST.

We have tagged a release here that all miners / witnesses will have to update to.

Updated cyrano.witness (witness and seed node). Would appreciate your votes. Thanks!

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 25, 2016, 11:44:32 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2016, 04:52:35 AM by smooth

Two can play that game.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=920344.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1151160.msg12128046#msg12128046

By way of background, john-conner is among the scammers who don't like me because I am one of many who have called him out for ripping off Bitcoin's code, disguising it with reformatting, and using that to fraudulent promote his coin while violating Bitcoin's MIT license (which has only the requirement that you attribute it and not try to pass it off as your own work). For whatever reasons, these people have a tendency to become stalkers.

I repeat that I have no sock puppet accounts, and have never had any. I do control the 'aeon' account which was transferred to me when I took over maintenance of the coin and I use to read PMs (mostly spam) that get sent there and edit the AEON OP. I have never posted with it or used it for ratings.
liondani

Activity: 97

Inch by Inch,Play by Play

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:09:53 AM

There was a small oversight in witness vote calculations after the VESTS share split that took effect 2 hours ago.

There are several other witness scheduling / voting issues that were addressed in this fork.  

The good news is that most of the witnesses that were in top are still in the top and the network is still running smoothly through this transition.  

Updated to the latest release v0.2.0

Waiting for your votes guys!!!!

vote_for_witness youraccountname liondani  true true

Inch by Inch, Play by Play
Bitrated user: liondani.
lockepi

Activity: 469
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:11:17 AM

what is to happen to the coins that locked up
cubex

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 01:56:34 AM

Updated all nodes to latest release.

Appreciate your vote and support!
lafona

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 04:12:03 AM

delegate.lafona witness and seed updated to v0.2.0
Witness Announcement:
https://steemit.com/witness-category/@delegate.lafona/delegate
Any votes are appreciated!

vote_for_witness youraccountname delegate.lafona true true
traumschiff
Legendary

180 BPM

View Profile
April 26, 2016, 07:00:41 AM
Last edit: April 26, 2016, 08:18:36 AM by traumschiff

You forget that you created the game and now you lived long enough to become the joke.

Oh and I just loved how you attacked the messenger (this is how you usually say it right?), make the XMR community prooud Smooth

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: