Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 12:17:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lending bot on android  (Read 853 times)
raitpngman (OP)

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 24, 2016, 10:03:16 PM

So I've been using the lending bot at https://github.com/Mikadily/poloniexlendingbot and see it's potential. I have it running fine from my computer but was hoping to run it from my android phone. When I try to run it I get a read only error. I've tried to run it via a terminal and qpython with no luck. Has anyone been able to run it from android?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nejel

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 05:17:23 PM

Any progress in this case?
raitpngman (OP)

Activity: 50

View Profile
August 08, 2016, 09:41:47 PM

I wasn't able to get it working. Doesn't mean it's not possible though.
In the end I put it on my raspberry pi and it sits there happily running. One of the issues I had with that is that our power goes off constantly and we are behind a proxy. However, the pi will autostart when it gets power and I have a script run that logs into the proxy and then starts lending.
Our internet is also really flaky at times, but the setup is generally maintenance free.
That in itself is pretty incredible considering the circumstances it is working under.
JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 14, 2016, 04:46:15 PM

So I've been using the lending bot at https://github.com/Mikadily/poloniexlendingbot and see it's potential. I have it running fine from my computer but was hoping to run it from my android phone. When I try to run it I get a read only error. I've tried to run it via a terminal and qpython with no luck. Has anyone been able to run it from android?

Sounds great to have a of working on android. Dont give up. If you need a tester I'm willing to test for you. I hope you come right good luck.
mgaraz

Activity: 1

View Profile
September 28, 2016, 12:29:37 AM

Hey guys, just created an account to say I've made some progress (it runs without any errors). Albeit I'm just a beginner python programmer, so my solution is pretty much a bastardization of the original bot. I deleted sections relying on the default.cfg file (I tried to tinker with some of the bools but no luck, so I started deleting away!), forcing it to take config settings from bot file. Can't seem to figure out how to upload files onto this site however...

An issue I've noticed is that on the Qpython app, it doesn't actually constantly run in the background. You must hit the equivalent of enter to trigger the sleepTimeActive or sleepTimeInactive counter, which defeats the whole purpose of the bot!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: