Bitcoin Forum
November 23, 2017, 03:13:20 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].
 
   Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BitBears - no waiting, 1.1x payout!  (Read 2980 times)
velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 04, 2013, 06:43:08 PM
 #1

I've put the finishing touches on this new game, take a look: http://BitBears.com

It's a pretty simple game, buy a bear, and it increases in price.  It pays 10% profit.

There is a 3% odds of reset, so you have 97% odds of winning. - no more random reset!

There are 3 games running at once, so there's no waiting, like similar games.

Play it and let me know what you think!

1511450000
Hero Member
*
Offline Offline

Posts: 1511450000

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
1511450000
Reply with quote  #2

1511450000
Report to moderator
Join ICO Now A blockchain platform for effective freelancing
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
lightlord
Donator
Legendary
*
Offline Offline

Activity: 1904


★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!


View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 09:16:42 AM
 #2

A Bear ponzi scheme?  Smiley



.
.BITVEST DICE.
HAS BEEN RELEASED!


▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀




Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
blockbet.net
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 112


Admin at blockbet.net


View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 10:36:05 AM
 #3

Funny idea, I just bought a bear. Somebody give Baloo a new home!

I didn't put any link on it, but now it links to some weird address that doesn't work. Maybe you could look into that. Ideally it shouldn't link anywhere.

Bitcoin Sports Betting online at www.blockbet.net, featuring NBA, NHL, UFC, football (soccer) and international competitions. Fast payouts directly to your wallet, great win odds, no need to register or deposit. Bet in just a few clicks now!
velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 05, 2013, 02:59:30 PM
 #4

yeah, that was a little glitch.  I changed it so that it doesn't link to anything.

scatha
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 107


View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:56:57 PM
 #5

cute ! Cheesy
velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 06, 2013, 12:17:28 AM
 #6

I am considering adding a new level to this game.  Instead of resetting back to 0.5 btc, it could pick a random amount for the reset, like 3 btc, or whatever.

Then, the guy that hits the reset becomes the new owner at 3 btc (but they only pay the price they click on).  So, resetting could mean a jackpot win, or a lose.

The other thing I have thought about is to set each bear as a different game, like this: 
  #1 is the chain, like the original Bitcoin Gem or http://bitcoingoldbar.com
  #2 could be random reset back down to .5 btc
  #3 reset with random amount

What do you think?

MPOE-PR
Hero Member
*****
Offline Offline

Activity: 756



View Profile
February 06, 2013, 08:14:31 AM
 #7

Instead of wasting your time trying to rehash the pointless gem thing, see here.

My Credentials  | THE BTC Stock Exchange | I have my very own anthology! | Use bitcointa.lk, it's like this one but better.
velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 06, 2013, 03:17:44 PM
 #8

yeah, I read that before I started.  Thanks.


kayrice
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 104


View Profile
February 06, 2013, 04:28:37 PM
 #9

Best of luck! Don't let the haters dissuade you - they hate everything always.
velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:36:54 PM
 #10

well, people are really starting to play it, so I'm happy with it.

To be honest, it was a way for me to get my feet wet coding a bitcoin game, and it came out really well, IMO.  So, I'm happy.  There have been a few minor glitches, but nothing major, and it has given me a lot of experience with how to make systems like this work.

But, I am still interested in improving it.  I think the random reset of the price is a good idea, just to add another dimension.

scatha
Member
**
Offline Offline

Activity: 107


View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:29:11 PM
 #11

Improve a bit on the design!

instead of saying "Sorry! Transaction is in process." it could instead say "Sorry! Little Bear 'XXXXX' is asleep, please don't you wake him up yet." or just show a bear lieing down.

As for MP's comment, I think that guide is valid & good for large business but not a little game like this, right?



velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 06, 2013, 10:45:27 PM
 #12

Improve a bit on the design!

instead of saying "Sorry! Transaction is in process." it could instead say "Sorry! Little Bear 'XXXXX' is asleep, please don't you wake him up yet." or just show a bear lieing down.
That's a good idea, I will play with that.

I am trying to figure out a way to kinda cap the amounts as well.  Reset odds probably won't do it, though I'm thinking if a bear hasn't been played for a few days, it might reset, and the last guy playing will be the first guy in the new round.

What do you think?

velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 07, 2013, 01:00:03 AM
 #13

We had our first reset today, and everyone has jumped on that bear! Smiley

I am going to look into adding a page of all histories, including previous rounds.  Should be fairly easy.

velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:47:08 AM
 #14

Something strange happened with my transaction. I bought the first bear for 0.67BTC and named him pirateat40.

Here's my transaction:
http://blockchain.info/tx/db7cb7d25fe202192513ec28ab4d8bc43d8e8f7c14f22804641e4c70cf5a8bcb

I've never received any payment yet, even though the bear was sold & I didn't reset the round. I'm also now missing from the history.
You were paid .74 btc here:
http://blockchain.info/tx/e06d787632681ae7b74233aada7888d6149329dbffb510c1cc91cea2fea24543

I see you in the history on Bear 1.  You won't appear in the history until you are paid.

velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:53:09 AM
 #15

it doesn't add you straight away to the history if you are not paid, but I will change that.

I'm also working on a history for all rounds.

Thanks for playing!

velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 07, 2013, 05:31:03 AM
 #16

I added a complete history: http://bitbears.com/history.php

velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 08, 2013, 12:36:44 AM
 #17

I think I am going to add a stagnant bear rule.  So, if a bear sits for more than 48 hours or so, it automatically resets.  What do you guys think about that?

EricTyle
Full Member
***
Offline Offline

Activity: 152


View Profile
February 09, 2013, 04:28:14 AM
 #18

You making any profit?

Please explain to me how you make your profit to keep the game running? That's my main concern. Smiley

velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 09, 2013, 07:48:55 PM
 #19

I am making a little profit, 5% on each buy, basically.  Each buyer covers the cost of the previous buyer, so there is not a whole lot of cost associated with keeping the game running.

I think adding in a time rule will help keep the game moving, and if buyers share the game with their friends, it should keep it going, too.  The idea is that you benefit from finding another person to buy your BitBear, so it is in your interest to spread the word.


velacreations
Sr. Member
****
Offline Offline

Activity: 476


View Profile
February 10, 2013, 01:33:14 AM
 #20

Ok, I added the time rule.  If a Bear sits stagnant for 48 hours, it resets.

Pages: [1] 2  All
  Print  
 
Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.
Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.19 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!