Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:11:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will RuCoin survive >51% attack...?
Yes
No

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Looking to Commission luke-jr to "kill" RuCoin  (Read 6863 times)
c4n10 (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 07:44:47 PM

Alright, everyone keeps arguing about whether RuCoin can resist 51% attack. I say it can and that it is the ONLY coin which is resistant to 51% attack.

I am making this thread to find out how much it will cost to commission luke-jr to "test" this chain and to find people interested in donating to the total cost of having the chain tested.

Let's do this...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
FuzzyBear
Legendary

Activity: 1420
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 07:53:59 PM

i'd be up for giving a go at doing a 51% attack...purely out of interest in knowing "how to 51% attack a chain" and i see it as a side bonus that Rucoin is wanting to be tested at being 51% attacked (please note i support nearly all the alt-currencies and I not doing this out of spite for Rucoin, but in testing what the community has asked for, and chance to gain some more knowledge on what is involved in a 51% attack)

but i can only do this if
1) rucoin is mineable on BFL ASICs,
2) when i get my ASIC!!
3) if the reward is high enough so as not to loose out on too much BTC from not mining
4) I suppose i should say as well if 60Ghash will be enough to kill perform the 51% attack

***** Earn DEV at http://devtome.com *****
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:02:28 PM

i'd be up for giving a go at doing a 51% attack...purely out of interest in knowing "how to 51% attack a chain" and i see it as a side bonus that Rucoin is wanting to be tested at being 51% attacked (please note i support nearly all the alt-currencies and I not doing this out of spite for Rucoin, but in testing what the community has asked for, and chance to gain some more knowledge on what is involved in a 51% attack)

but i can only do this if
1) rucoin is mineable on BFL ASICs,
2) when i get my ASIC!!
3) if the reward is high enough so as not to loose out on too much BTC from not mining
4) I suppose i should say as well if 60Ghash will be enough to kill perform the 51% attack

I would prefer gpu testing over asic's because the disbelievers will argue that someone with a substantial gpu hashrate could switch back and forth between the sha256d and scrypt algorithms when the network goes into defensive mode. I need someone who will be capable of testing with both algos as RuCoin uses both and it seems to be a key part of it's defense strategy.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:04:06 PM

Hey dumbass,

Provide the source code that proves 51% immunity for RUC and I will shut up.

That is if the code is reviewed by myself and the community and the consensus is that RUC is in fact immune to such attacks.

Otherwise STFU.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:16:15 PM

Hey dumbass,

That is if the code is reviewed by myself and the community and the consensus is that RUC is in fact immune to such attacks.

Otherwise STFU.

This the best I've got. It's not entirely current and I'm not a software developer so i have no idea if the defense code stuff is in there. Have fun: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6asx7l
Deprived

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:41:20 PM

Alright, everyone keeps arguing about whether RuCoin can resist 51% attack. I say it can and that it is the ONLY coin which is resistant to 51% attack.

I am making this thread to find out how much it will cost to commission luke-jr to "test" this chain and to find people interested in donating to the total cost of having the chain tested.

Let's do this...

How are you going to pay someone to run these tests when you haven't even got the funds to pay back tiny loans you took out months ago?
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:41:29 PM

This the best I've got. It's not entirely current and I'm not a software developer so i have no idea if the defense code stuff is in there. Have fun: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6asx7l

That's a super old version that doesn't even include scrypt.c which the authors (who?) or at least the only RUcoin pool claim the chain now uses

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:47:49 PM

How are you going to pay someone to run these tests when you haven't even got the funds to pay back tiny loans you took out months ago?

What part of "I am making this thread ...and to find people interested in donating to the total cost of having the chain tested." did you NOT understand...? Just curious...
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:48:40 PM

That's a super old version that doesn't even include scrypt.c which the authors (who?) or at least the only RUcoin pool claim the chain now uses

That's the best I can provide at the moment. I am working on getting the current stuff.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:51:01 PM

Hey dumbass,

Otherwise STFU.

Okay so then STFU and stop making claims you have no proof of given you haven't tested it yourself for the 51% attack immunity claim.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 08:57:36 PM

Hey dumbass,

Otherwise STFU.

Okay so then STFU and stop making claims you have no proof of given you haven't tested it yourself for the 51% attack immunity claim.

The network has been tested naturally by someone else holding 51%. Also, this is why I'd like luke-jr to test it, so it can then be "officially" called "tested"
Sunny King
Legendary

Activity: 1205
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2013, 09:00:55 PM

'Immune' is a strong word. 'More tricky' is likely.

I cannot say for sure as no details are released of the design.

But just from a reasonable design point of view, ppcoin also runs with 2 separate difficulties. So I could just provide my opinion on a design with two separate hashes and difficulties. If designed properly, you can make 51% attack difficult if attackers only compute one of the two hashes. But if attackers have the resource to compute both hashes in good scale then all bets are off.
c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:08:09 PM

'Immune' is a strong word. 'More tricky' is likely.

I cannot say for sure as no details are released of the design.

But just from a reasonable design point of view, ppcoin also runs with 2 separate difficulties. So I could just provide my opinion on a design with two separate hashes and difficulties. If designed properly, you can make 51% attack difficult if attackers only compute one of the two hashes. But if attackers have the resource to compute both hashes in good scale then all bets are off.

Well, there's really only one way to be sure. Maybe we should commission two miners, one doing sha256d, one doing scrypt, both pointing at the same client to see if they can successfully double-spend while >51% attacking the chain. I would really like to see it.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:20:09 PM

Hey dumbass,

Otherwise STFU.

The network has been tested naturally by someone else holding 51%. Also, this is why I'd like luke-jr to test it, so it can then be "officially" called "tested"

backpedal more. You put up quite a show on btc-e claiming that RUC is immune to 51% attacks and that it uses a method of dual hashing algs. Yet you have no proof and haven't even seen the code that does it.

This just goes to show that you only parroted what someone told you was "TRUTH" when in fact there is no evidence.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:30:25 PM

Hey dumbass,

Otherwise STFU.

backpedal more. You put up quite a show on btc-e claiming that RUC is immune to 51% attacks and that it uses a method of dual hashing algs. Yet you have no proof and haven't even seen the code that does it.

This just goes to show that you only parroted what someone told you was "TRUTH" when in fact there is no evidence.

The evidence is that I have seen the network in defense mode with my own eyes when someone else was holding majority hashpower. Don't twist things around to attempt to discredit me. You've never seen the source code for Java, Flash, Windows, or Norton A/V but I promise you, they work (most of the time).

Now calm down and wait for some solid results one way or the other before you talk shit.

Regardless of whatever the truth is, and regardless of who is right and wrong there's no need for you to be an asshole about it.

Why is there nobody left who can simply debate a thing without having to troll and be an asshole about it too...?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:38:37 PM

Hey dumbass,

Otherwise STFU.

The evidence is that I have seen the network in defense mode with my own eyes when someone else was holding majority hashpower. Don't twist things around to attempt to discredit me. You've never seen the source code for Java, Flash, Windows, or Norton A/V but I promise you, they work (most of the time).

Now calm down and wait for some solid results one way or the other before you talk shit.

Regardless of whatever the truth is, and regardless of who is right and wrong there's no need for you to be an asshole about it.

Why is there nobody left who can simply debate a thing without having to troll and be an asshole about it too...?

You are comparing established corporations that have many developers working on the product that has been tested on many users' computers.

RUC has like maybe 1 dev and 10 users who tested the new source.

Plus if the new source exists, why isnt it publicly available?

NO twisting here. Just facts. You claimed something to be true yet you don't even know where the source code is. The code you sent looks to be outdated.

Right again we go with the "if you dont agree with me you are a TROLL". Dude I asked for the source and you went silent for over a day.

You claimed that it has THIS and THAT but no PROOF! Hard evidence that it works. HAve you tested it for those types of scenarios and have data to prove it? If not, then you need to take a step back and let the adults verify if RUC is the real deal or if you are just full of shit.

Okay? Thanks and have a nice day!

Smoothie  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

c4n10 (OP)

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:39:24 PM

Java code is completely open sourced...

Is it...? LOL, bad example, my fault... Sorry, not a software developer... LOL...
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:41:37 PM

That's the best I can provide at the moment. I am working on getting the current stuff.

1. Talk a lot and make claims
2. get asked questions about source code to prove your claims
3. then scramble to find proof. Nice. lol

You remind me of Realsolid...lol  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 09:43:27 PM

Java code is completely open sourced...

Is it...? LOL, bad example, my fault... Sorry, not a software developer... LOL...

Obviously you are just a guy who runs his mouth about things he doesnt understand nor has the proof to provide about his claims.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 11:13:50 PM

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: