Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:52:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Attention! Scammer from this forum - demodemo - 82,03 euro  (Read 736 times)
janpowal305 (OP)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:44:27 AM

What happened:: Sent him five days ago cash for BTC and after that I don't get any response from him. He is everyday online, probably reading my messages but I don't get any answer or refound. In this situation there is nothing else I can think that he is a scammer. Beware of this guy.

Scammers Profile Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=508655

Reference Link: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1395057.msg14251552#msg14251552
Amount Scammed: 82,03 euro/0,21 BTC
Payment Method: Skrill for BTC
Proof of Payment: https://i.imgur.com/e6sVJba.jpg
PM/Chat Logs: https://i.imgur.com/FWONFYX.jpg
Additional Notes: https://localbitcoins.com/accounts/profile/Bisonxd/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bleachedno

Activity: 112

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:46:45 AM

Why you did not use escrow  Huh he is only jr.member hence his account is not worth that much anyway.

I would now try to get the money back from srkill (how did you fill up skrill by credit card) ? if yes try and chargeback your credit card or explain skrill the matter and if you are lucky enough they will reverse the payment

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
janpowal305 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 10:52:30 AM

I've checked his feedback and there was a positive feedback in hist trust. But as I was new here I overlooked that this feedback was for buying, not selling.

I wasn't use any CC on it, there is only a transfer of founds. In that case can I get refound too?
bitkilo
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1010

https://www.bitcoin.com/

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 10:56:07 AM

As mentioned above try get a chargeback if possible with skrill and alway use escrow.

I don't see much talk about the deal, is that really all the PM's that were exchanged during the trade?
You should also show your responses to his 's and any others that you have sent him.

mcb1221
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:00:21 AM

according to your payment proof you paid him via skrill (https://i.imgur.com/e6sVJba.jpg) which is chargeable and this will even cause his account to freeze and rest money in his account will also freeze.
Just go ahead and charge back. and don't even trade without escrow.

▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄
         ▄▄██▀▀▀               ▀▀▄▄
      ▄▄█▀                         ▀▀▄
    ▄█▀                        ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀█
  ▄██                     ▄▄█▀▀     ▄▀
 ██▀                 ▄▄██████▄    ▄▀
███               ▄▄██████████▄  ▀
██             ▄▄█████████████▀
██          ▄▄█████████████▀
██        ▄ ▀██████████████
██▄    ▄██▀▀  ▀▀████████▀
 ██   ██▀        ▀▀████▀
  ██ █▀
   ▀█
  █▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀    ▀▄

SatoshiGames.io
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
               ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█  ▄█     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄
▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   █  ▀ █            ▀▀▀▀▄
█  █▄        ▄▀                    ▄▀
▀▄ █ ▀       █         ▄           █
 █          █        ▄██▄         ▄▀
 █         ▄▀     ▄██████▄       ▄▀
 ▀▄        █    ▄█████████▄      █
  █       █      ██████████▄    ▄▀
  █      ▄▀        ▀████████   ▄▀
  ▀▄     █        ▄████▀▀▀▀    █
   █    █          ▀▀▀█       ▄▀
   █   ▄▀                    ▄▀
   ▀▄  █                     █
    █  ▀▄▄              █ ▄ ▄▀
    █     ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄       █▀ ▄▀
    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄█

▄▄▄▄██████▄▄█▄▄██████▄▄▄▄
███████████████████████████████
▄▀▄           █           ▄▀▄
█   █         ▄█▄         █   █
█     █        ███        █     █
█       █       ███       █       █
█         █     █████     █         █
█           █    █████    █           █
█             █   █████   █             █
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█   █████   █▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
▀███████████▀    █████    ▀███████████▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ███       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄███▄
▄▄▄█████████████▄▄▄
BTC
██████

█████

████

████

█████

██████
janpowal305 (OP)

View Profile
March 25, 2016, 11:10:48 AM

Anyone has any instruction how to request a chargeback? It will cost me any fee?
erikalui
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
March 25, 2016, 11:15:16 AM

Only if you loaded funds using a CC, you would be able to chargeback but as per your second post, you did not use a CC to load funds. If that's the case, there is no way to reverse the payment.

I have had a deal with demodemo before for a small amount $3.2 and he sent first. Without an escrow, any deal can be dangerous if users have a low rank and no trust ratings.

SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 02:01:03 AM

Only if you loaded funds using a CC, you would be able to chargeback but as per your second post, you did not use a CC to load funds. If that's the case, there is no way to reverse the payment.

I have had a deal with demodemo before for a small amount $3.2 and he sent first. Without an escrow, any deal can be dangerous if users have a low rank and no trust ratings.

Do you say that skrill is safe for scammers? You can't claim a dispute or something and won't get your money back through skrill directly?

Only asking because it would be good to know when someone requests me escrowing skrill.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bleachedno

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 07:03:57 AM

Do you say that skrill is safe for scammers? You can't claim a dispute or something and won't get your money back through skrill directly?

Only asking because it would be good to know when someone requests me escrowing skrill.

Well there is a way to get the money back even if you did not use your CC, but i will not make this public here or scammers would use it.

And no there is no official way to open disputes like in paypal.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 10:47:18 AM

Well there is a way to get the money back even if you did not use your CC, but i will not make this public here or scammers would use it.

If there is a way then I will see it as chargebackable. Well, it would be a risk anyway. A scammer could charge back by using his credit card for payment too.

You know if there are ways to charge back PM too? I was told a couple of times that PM can't be charged back so it's safe. I'm not so sure about that though.

bleachedno

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 11:02:15 AM

If there is a way then I will see it as chargebackable. Well, it would be a risk anyway. A scammer could charge back by using his credit card for payment too.

You know if there are ways to charge back PM too? I was told a couple of times that PM can't be charged back so it's safe. I'm not so sure about that though.

No there is a way that is not need to make any chargeback

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 11:14:15 AM

I don't understand fully. Do you mean "No, there is a way that doesn't need a chargeback?" So someone can get his PM back in his own account somehow? I mean Perfect Money.

bleachedno

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 01:27:09 PM

I don't understand fully. Do you mean "No, there is a way that doesn't need a chargeback?" So someone can get his PM back in his own account somehow? I mean Perfect Money.

I talk about skrill. i mean that you can get back your money if someone scammed you and you not need to make a chargeback or any other silly tricks.

CryptoDatabase
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1003

https://cryptodatabase.net

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 01:30:50 PM

https://localbitcoins.com/ad/321182/cash-out-your-bitcoins-moneybookers-skrill

^^ Seems he uses localbitcoins, last active 2 D 17 H ago, looks like a sort of ponzi. Using your funds to buy BTC with possibly to pay you what is owed but just a random thought
erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 01:53:18 PM

Not exactly. If the funds are uploaded via a stolen CC/Debit card, it can be chargedback. In your case, you will act as an escrow and hence you will receive these skrill funds and send it to the other person who is the buyer. In that case, the funds cannot be chargedback as the skrill funds are not in your account and it is in the buyer's account and hence Skrill cancels the chargeback claim.

I hope this solves your query.

SebastianJu
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 02:50:18 PM

Not exactly. If the funds are uploaded via a stolen CC/Debit card, it can be chargedback. In your case, you will act as an escrow and hence you will receive these skrill funds and send it to the other person who is the buyer. In that case, the funds cannot be chargedback as the skrill funds are not in your account and it is in the buyer's account and hence Skrill cancels the chargeback claim.

Is there nothing like a negative balance like paypal has?

Anyway, I will not get into that situation since I would not use personal accounts for such purpose. I surely don't want to get included into some shady deal and I get questions from authorities afterwards. Roll Eyes

Besides, I don't have such accounts anymore at all. I pay trusted users in bitcoin to pay for me when I need it.

erikalui
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 26, 2016, 04:21:11 PM

Anyway, I will not get into that situation since I would not use personal accounts for such purpose. I surely don't want to get included into some shady deal and I get questions from authorities afterwards. Roll Eyes

Besides, I don't have such accounts anymore at all. I pay trusted users in bitcoin to pay for me when I need it.

No. Skrill is better than PayPal in terms of chargebacks and the balance does not go negative.

bleachedno

View Profile
March 26, 2016, 04:28:39 PM

No. Skrill is better than PayPal in terms of chargebacks and the balance does not go negative.

The balance not goes negative in the dashboard but if it can go negative.

and skrill is not better than paypal because it's very easy to get your money back and again il tell you there is NO chargeback needed Wink

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: