Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:30:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like to purchase 1 BTC  (Read 2086 times)
ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2013, 11:22:50 PM

Hello everyone,

I would like to purchase 1 bitcoin off a reputable member of the community through Paypal at the current Mtgox rate. If one of you could do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Drawing whatever catches my attention! Tips are welcome Smiley

1NQ57VnuktrtbcK8Mtk6GQJ4Xd3ti1FauS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 12:23:55 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to purchase 1 bitcoin off a reputable member of the community through Paypal at the current Mtgox rate. If one of you could do this it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Paypal?  Sorry, no thanks.
ProfMac
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 12:44:17 AM

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

That is against the PayPal rules. 

You might go to http://blockchain.info and import or set up an account.
Open your wallet.
Cash deposit
(now you are on the BitInstant page)
Fill out the form, print it out.
Take the resulting MoneyGram 1 page invoice to one of the locations they show.  This will be a place where people pay their utility bills, such as a large grocery store's customer service desk.

I try to be respectful and informed.
ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 01:05:54 AM

Hello everyone,

Thanks in advance.

Paypal?  Sorry, no thanks.

Its 1 bitcoin, ill send money first and everything. If I was going to scam you I would try for more than 1 bitcoin lol.

Blazr

Activity: 882
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 01:18:23 AM

Its 1 bitcoin, ill send money first and everything. If I was going to scam you I would try for more than 1 bitcoin lol.

People have scammed for less...

EricTyle

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 01:26:46 AM

People are greedy money grubbers man. You've seen TV shows with stringed-up quarters so people can get a free gumball, right? Well 0.25$ USD = .0125 BTC !!!

Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 01:28:51 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to purchase 1 bitcoin off a reputable member of the community through Paypal at the current Mtgox rate.

The thing to worry about is not the reputation of the seller, but of the buyer  You would need a much bigger track history of honesty and reliability before anyone reputable would trust you to pay for bitcoin with paypal.

ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 01:51:44 AM

Hello everyone,

I would like to purchase 1 bitcoin off a reputable member of the community through Paypal at the current Mtgox rate.

The thing to worry about is not the reputation of the seller, but of the buyer  You would need a much bigger track history of honesty and reliability before anyone reputable would trust you to pay for bitcoin with paypal.

It's hard to get that track record when I can't be given a chance.

KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 01:54:39 AM

Hello everyone,

Quite the conundrum, eh?

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 02:04:14 AM

Hello everyone,

You can get a chance, but you'll have to do it like everybody else.  Go use coinbase, bitinstant, mtgox, etc. to purchase bitcoins, and do some individual trading with them.  Then you'll have some sort of reputation and track record.

I just concluded my first coinbase transaction today, and at this point I think it beats all the alternatives.  Sure it'd be great if I could whip out a credit card and buy bitcoins with it, but nobody can do that today, essentially.  So if you really want a bitcoin, you'll have to work for it, friend.  If you are not willing to put in enough work to learn how to use the system, you probably aren't worth taking an extra risk on (paypal).

ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 03:04:03 AM

Hello everyone,

Quite the conundrum, eh?

Very much so.

ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 03:49:23 AM

Hello everyone,

Quite the conundrum, eh?

Very much so.

Buy something tangible with paypal or credit card. Sell it for Bitcoins. Ship first to trusted individuals if necessary. Build a reputation.

Or just use https://localbitcoins.com/ and pay with cash.

Problem with localbitcoins is the closest place is still a distance from me.

VJain

Activity: 305

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 04:48:56 AM

If you looking on bitcoin otc ( http://bitcoin-otc.com/ ) you can search for people willing to sell for BTC. They usually charge about 5-10% premium due to the added risk.

Making Apps and Websites for people. I charge reasonable rates ($30-40/hour in BTC).
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 04:54:39 AM

I will sell you one bitcoin for pay pal but you have to go through my process. If you have a facebook you can start by going to bitcoin friends and liking our page. Then look under photos for our process page. Thanks
ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:25:02 AM

If you looking on bitcoin otc ( http://bitcoin-otc.com/ ) you can search for people willing to sell for BTC. They usually charge about 5-10% premium due to the added risk.

I wouldn't mine paying a bit extra to someone on here willing to do the transaction, and to the guy above I do not have a fb account sorry. Sad

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:59:03 AM

That is how we do it sorry no exceptions.
ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:47:17 PM

What if I started with a smaller amount like 0.25 btc to gain trust?

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:57:32 PM

Or just use https://localbitcoins.com/ and pay with cash.
Problem with localbitcoins is the closest place is still a distance from me.
What country are you located in?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:59:50 PM

This is exactly why I believe the future of bitcoin exchange for newbies will be in workforce development, not cash-for-coin exchanges. It's just too difficult to break into still (and possibly in the future depending on law changes and exchange longevity), but there is always work ready to be done in exchange for coins.

@OP: Why not change the title of your thread to "Will do any job for 1 BTC" and I bet you'd get a dozen PMs for various small tasks.

RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1145

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:00:08 PM

He is not making an unreasonable request. It is a small amount, and I'll bet he is open to other payment options. It's the PayPal part that no one wants.
What about selling something for bitcoin? People often forget this option. Think about something you have that you would part with for a low price.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: