Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 07:09:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Would like to purchase 1 BTC  (Read 2086 times)
ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:42:06 PM

Or just use https://localbitcoins.com/ and pay with cash.
Problem with localbitcoins is the closest place is still a distance from me.
What country are you located in?

Canada, closest place would be Toronto or Markham for me.

Drawing whatever catches my attention! Tips are welcome Smiley

1NQ57VnuktrtbcK8Mtk6GQJ4Xd3ti1FauS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:44:01 PM

This is exactly why I believe the future of bitcoin exchange for newbies will be in workforce development, not cash-for-coin exchanges. It's just too difficult to break into still (and possibly in the future depending on law changes and exchange longevity), but there is always work ready to be done in exchange for coins.

@OP: Why not change the title of your thread to "Will do any job for 1 BTC" and I bet you'd get a dozen PMs for various small tasks.

For some reason I just don't feel people will be that willing to give up 1 btc for a small task, considering it is approx. $20 at the moment.

sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 06:47:23 PM

We sell to people though facebook who have new accounts they just have to load a picture of their drivers licence to us through gmail. The pay pal and drivers licence and any other information must match. I am currently out of coins I used the one I had last night to buy litcoins with. I will let you know when i get more. Thanks
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 07:00:58 PM

This is exactly why I believe the future of bitcoin exchange for newbies will be in workforce development, not cash-for-coin exchanges. It's just too difficult to break into still (and possibly in the future depending on law changes and exchange longevity), but there is always work ready to be done in exchange for coins.

@OP: Why not change the title of your thread to "Will do any job for 1 BTC" and I bet you'd get a dozen PMs for various small tasks.

For some reason I just don't feel people will be that willing to give up 1 btc for a small task, considering it is approx. $20 at the moment.

Why don't you try it and see what jobs are offered?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:05:02 PM

Someone offered me 5 BTC a while ago to make a CSS template for them. Someone else is charging 0.01 BTC to draw a picture. The market around here is not exactly "fixed" so you may have to work for the opportunity, but I guarantee you'll get more luck with that than this.

DannyHamilton
Legendary

Activity: 3374
Merit: 4606

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:11:47 PM

I'll tell you what.  Lets flip the risk around, and I'll do the trade for you.  Do you have the ability to acquire U.S. currency anywhere nearby?

If so, send me a PM for my mailing address.  Mail me a U.S. $20 bill, and include your bitcoin address in the envelope.  When I receive it, I'll transfer you 1 BTC.

That way you get the bitcoin at a slight discount (MtGox Weighted Average is currently $20.40), I don't have to take a risk with someone that doesn't have a reputation yet, and you get a chance to build up your reputation around here a bit.

This offer is only good if I receive the PM from you before 2013-02-05 23:59:59 UTC

Of course in this situation you take all the risk.  Risk that I'll tarnish my reputation to steal $20 from you, and risk that the envelope will get lost in the mail.  If you want to reduce that risk a bit, pay for confirmation of delivery.  That way you'll at least know whether or not I received the envelope.
Walter Rothbard

Activity: 476

Bytecoin: 8VofSsbQvTd8YwAcxiCcxrqZ9MnGPjaAQm

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 07:12:09 PM

If you looking on bitcoin otc ( http://bitcoin-otc.com/ ) you can search for people willing to sell for BTC. They usually charge about 5-10% premium due to the added risk.

Have you given otc a shot, yet?

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:33:22 PM

Be careful using otc!
deadweasel

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:36:48 PM

Be careful using otc!

How to be careful using OTC?  What rating did the person have when you had a bad experience?

Looking for insight into OTC>  Thanks!

ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:49:15 PM

There is no trust in the bitcoin world lol

DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:56:24 PM

There is no trust in the world lol
FTFY
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 07:57:43 PM

I have written a previous post about some of the things to look out for on bitcoin-otc I think it was titled "beware bitcoin-otc".
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:01:37 PM

@OP: Do let us know when you post your thread about doing work for BTC, I would be happy to send people your way if possible. Otherwise I suppose it's time to move to a new username and start over as everyone will probably remember you as a scammer.

sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:11:01 PM

Mathew you are the one with scammer next to your name? I think you are a scammer and he is just trying to get a coin for pay pal. If he up loads me his driver licence i will sell to him as soon as i get more coins. I see you posting a lot why do you have scammer X's?
BTC4PPGBP

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:13:43 PM

i would be happy to do this but not for standerd mtgox rate. + 15% tax then youve got a deal.

-BTC
DannyHamilton
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:20:22 PM

. . . I see you posting a lot why do you have scammer X's?
Many months ago, he made a really big bet on something he was absolutely sure about.  The bet was far more than he could cover if he lost, but he never dreamed he would lose the bet.  Once it was obvious that he had lost he bet, he was unable to pay in full.  He has made an effort to make partial payments, but once he failed to deliver on the bet in a timely manner he got tagged as a scammer.

Really it is more like an immature mistake than a scam, but the end effect is the same (some people expecting to be paid weren't paid the amount they expected).
ShittyBitcoinDrawer (OP)

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:38:57 PM

i would be happy to do this but not for standerd mtgox rate. + 15% tax then youve got a deal.

-BTC

So that would come to 23.67 CAD?

BTC4PPGBP

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:41:09 PM

-BTC

yeah if you are interested send me a PM.
cedivad
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:45:33 PM

-BTC

yeah if you are interested send me a PM.

You will lose your money.

Poor guy that dosent have a Facebook account... It's a sure scammer.

My anger against what is wrong in the Bitcoin community is productive:
Bitcointa.lk - Replace "Bitcointalk.org" with "Bitcointa.lk" in this url to see how this page looks like on a proper forum (Announcement Thread)
Hashfast.org - Wiki for screwed customers
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:45:54 PM

Ya not paying your debt is scamming. The scammer calling the pot black.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: