Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 07:22:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BTC-TC] BitVPS  (Read 32929 times)
Lohoris

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 12:31:07 AM

Is there a more or less fixed day of the month for the previous month's statement to be released?

1LohorisJie8bGGG7X4dCS9MAVsTEbzrhu
DefaultTrust is very BAD.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Namworld (OP)

Activity: 745
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 03:27:31 AM

No. Should be released soon. Usually it should be out within the first 2 weeks of the month. No exact schedule tho.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 07:56:46 AM

No. Should be released soon. Usually it should be out within the first 2 weeks of the month. No exact schedule tho.
Thanks!

Namworld (OP)

View Profile
June 05, 2013, 08:08:06 AM

Report is now available on BitVPS website.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 08, 2013, 05:24:18 PM

oZoNo voted NO with comment: Shareholders own nothing except the right to a share of the profits. The issuer owns all the assets. This is effectively a loan that never has to be paid back. -- odolvlobo

While I still think BitVPS has great potential and is a very interesting security, I kind of agree with oZoNo's point: why doesn't this stock come with voting powers?
It should be natural to have something like the power to elect a board member, and/or being automatically granted a board seat if you have enough shares...

EskimoBob
Legendary

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

Quality Printing Services by Federal Reserve Bank

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 06:42:57 AM

Report is now available on BitVPS website.

Thank you for the report.
Can you publish your balance sheet too? Nothing fancy, just a summary of company's assets, liabilities and shareholders equity.

BTW, BitVPS link in your signature is not working.

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
BTW, Things in BTC bubble universes are getting ugly....
Namworld (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:31:41 AM

While I still think BitVPS has great potential and is a very interesting security, I kind of agree with oZoNo's point: why doesn't this stock come with voting powers?
It should be natural to have something like the power to elect a board member, and/or being automatically granted a board seat if you have enough shares...
Because it's not stock, it's profit rights. It's a continuation of what RG started.

Can you publish your balance sheet too? Nothing fancy, just a summary of company's assets, liabilities and shareholders equity.

The balance sheet is right at the bottom of reports as a balance or debt. Shareholders equity is 1/1'000'000th profit shares/unit. Not sure what more you want, I don't have anything more to put on there. The servers are not listed but they're all in expenses on one of the reports.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 07:46:49 AM

Because it's not stock, it's profit rights. It's a continuation of what RG started.

The balance sheet is right at the bottom of reports as a balance or debt. Shareholders equity is 1/1'000'000th profit shares/unit. Not sure what more you want, I don't have anything more to put on there. The servers are not listed but they're all in expenses on one of the reports.

What about BitVPS assets (current, non-current etc)?
Shareholders equity is the initial amount of BTC that got invested invested into BitVPS (all of it, including reinvested profit!).

While reading what I wrote, use the most friendliest and relaxing voice in your head.
Namworld (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 08:25:43 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2013, 08:52:29 AM by Namworld

What about BitVPS assets (current, non-current etc)?
Shareholders equity is the initial amount of BTC that got invested invested into BitVPS (all of it, including reinvested profit!).

They were not funding shares, they were profit leases. RG could have spent the money however he liked. He had 100% of profits and decided to sell rights to profit. All 1'000'000 units are issued and active from the start. I have no idea what happened with whatever funds he raised either and it doesn't matter, he wasn't selling ownership in a funding round, he sold rights to profit, with 1'000'000 non-voting units with rights to 1/1'000'000th of profit each, all owned by him personally and active.

They're not common stock, there's no treasury stock, nothing. Just rights to 1/1'000'000th of profit. Otherwise profits would be split between outstanding shares instead of being given a fixed portion of profit.

The only assets are servers + current balances. It's all BitVPS possess currently.
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:12:40 PM

PM'ed you with a link to recommended reading Wink

Namworld (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:50:27 PM

PM'ed you with a link to recommended reading Wink

The statements contain 100% of all BitVPS has, other than listing the owned equipment. There's absolutly zero of the stuff from that link that can be added. There's nothing more. We don't have assets other than servers, we don't have any liabilities, all expenses and BTC/USD conversions are list. What specific info do you want? Those statement not only provide the balances BitVPS has, it shows all the credits/debits from month to month.

I have absolutely zero extra data available to add, other than a list of equipment currently owned.

What exactly are you looking for?
Peter Lambert

Activity: 756

It's all fun and games until somebody loses an eye

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 12:56:16 PM

Here is a question: How many more accounts could BitVPS add to fill up the currently owned servers?

Use CoinBR to trade bitcoin stocks: CoinBR.com

The best place for betting with bitcoin: BitBet.us
Namworld (OP)

View Profile
June 09, 2013, 01:06:16 PM

Here is a question: How many more accounts could BitVPS add to fill up the currently owned servers?

That's a rough question, considering there's multiple plans available and each user don't use the same portion of their limit. I honestly don't have a clue. Try asking arij in BitVPS's IRC channel, he can probably give a rough estimate.
freeAgent

Activity: 240
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 07:48:57 PM

I think it's pretty clear to anyone who read the BitVPS charter that the "shares" being purchased are essentially a variable annuity which pays out shares of BitVPS' profit.  It is somewhat confusing that the asset is labeled a stock, but I view that more as a limitation of the exchange rather than intentional deception.

BitVPS appears to have become solidly profitable now after the recent cost-cutting.  It looks like if June is as good as May was, the company should be debt-free.  However, forgive me if I'm wrong, but it appears that you have your income rows mixed up (reporting BTC income in the $ row and vice versa).
EskimoBob
Legendary

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:25:12 PM

Namworld, it makes no difference what you call them - shares, variable annuity, ding-dongs etc. Proper financial reports are still needed to understand, how you guys are doing.
Can you please produce the missing balance sheet with your profit/loss and cash flow statement.

Namworld (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:53:35 PM

Proper financial reports are still needed to understand, how you guys are doing.

Those report sheets contains numbers for all we have, except the servers. There is no extra assets, no extra funds, no extra debts, no extra obligations. I know some businesses have a wide list of debts, obligations and assets, but at our size, we only have those servers which we colocate and the cash balances (or if negative, debt to us for expenses we had to cover ourselves.) Those reports are a 100% accurate portrait of where BitVPS currently stands. There is nothing else to show. Just month to month expenses/sales and occasional extra purchases like hardware. With added BTC/USD conversion and rates for extra transparency, as well as all purchases well detailed. This is already more than most around here do.

If I made any more complex reports to list the kind of things you pointed were missing, I'd be adding extra sections filled with zeros.
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
June 15, 2013, 10:55:38 PM

Those report sheets contains numbers for all we have, except the servers. There is no extra assets, no extra funds, no extra debts, no extra obligations.
I feel your pain, it must be exhausting to have people constantly asking over and over for something that isn't there... I'm sorry; keep on the great work nonetheless!

Namworld (OP)

View Profile
July 03, 2013, 09:17:19 AM

Those report sheets contains numbers for all we have, except the servers. There is no extra assets, no extra funds, no extra debts, no extra obligations.
I feel your pain, it must be exhausting to have people constantly asking over and over for something that isn't there... I'm sorry; keep on the great work nonetheless!

True, but there's indeed many sections missing as he pointed out. Only they would be filled with zeroes in our case, except for assets holding as I said. I'll start keeping track of hardware held if we start having more servers or when servers start breaking.

Statement for June published. The debt backlog was cleared and we managed to go get a small dividend out this month. 4 BTC dividend, or 400 Satoshi per unit. Full dividend expected starting next month. (A portion of profits will be held aside on each month's profit for future large expenses. As usual, you will be able to see the current reserves at the end of each monthly statement. As before on MPEx, at least 1/3rd of profit will be paid out each month.)
Lohoris

Bitgoblin

View Profile
July 25, 2013, 06:23:25 AM

Oops I "lost" my shares by selling them at 0.002. Having bought them at 0.0006 I didn't think they'd go that high after the first dividend.

Now I'm not sure I want to buy in again - too bad as I liked to have a non-mining company.
Congratulations on being profitable!
If you want you can buy back at 0.001882 now Wink

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
August 01, 2013, 07:26:56 AM

Oops I "lost" my shares by selling them at 0.002. Having bought them at 0.0006 I didn't think they'd go that high after the first dividend.

Now I'm not sure I want to buy in again - too bad as I liked to have a non-mining company.
Congratulations on being profitable!
If you want you can buy back at 0.001882 now Wink

0.001500 last I checked been a while are July Financials due now

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: