Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 09:21:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Christianity is Poison  (Read 52545 times)
BADecker
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 1363

View Profile
September 13, 2018, 02:15:12 AM

If it happened in religious circles, it is up to the church to do the judging and the punishment. It is also up to the secular government to stay out - 1st Amendment.

Cool

Just curious, where would you draw a line?  Human sacrifice perhaps?

Crime is a crime.  No matter if you are religious or not.

If people followed your logic, all the criminal gangs have to do is register their organizations as churches.  Then their criminal activity be protected by the 1st amendment, LOL.

No, it's where would YOU draw the line. Are you going to let government take all your freedoms away, even when it goes against their own writings?

The church is a government. The only difference is the writings. The church would judge anyway, with a jury made up of church people. So, let the government stay out, and let the church judge.

Cool

The year is 2018, not 1018.  Hello, anybody home?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kh9PYtmVybU

https://media.giphy.com/media/wfVc2hDnDSZRm/giphy.gif

Obviously it's 2018, not a thousand years earlier. Check the timestamp on this post.

But if we didn't have a timestamp, we could tell by your devolution. You can't seem to explain your answer.

The real question is, has everybody devolved? Or is it just you?

Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Moloch (OP)

Activity: 798
Merit: 722

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 11:54:15 AM

I didn't realize there were people who seriously think religion should be in charge of upholding the law and prosecuting criminal behavior...

How is this different from Sharia Law?

Do you not see the hypocrisy?
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 01:53:58 PM

I didn't realize there were people who seriously think religion should be in charge of upholding the law and prosecuting criminal behavior...

Law originally comes through religion.     Cool

BUDESONIDE essentially cures Covid symptoms in one day to one week >>> https://budesonideworks.com/.
Hydroxychloroquine is being used against Covid with great success >>> https://altcensored.com/watch?v=otRN0X6F81c.
Masks are stupid. Watch the first 5 minutes >>> https://www.bitchute.com/video/rlWESmrijl8Q/.
Don't be afraid to donate Bitcoin. Thank you. >>> 1JDJotyxZLFF8akGCxHeqMkD4YrrTmEAwz
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 15, 2018, 01:13:01 PM
Merited by Foxpup (4)

Law originally comes through religion.

Lets just ignore the fact that the Code of Hammurabi is older than the bible

Some people claim there is evidence that the laws of Moses were influenced, if not directly copied from the Code of Hammurabi (I hear some sections are word for word copies)

Also note, the 10-commandments are not laws in any country on this planet.  The only 2 that are even laws (killing and stealing), were illegal long before the bible was written.  Killing and stealing have been illegal since before written language was developed!

Other parts of the 10-commandments have never been laws.  It is not illegal to "covet your neighbors ass", and never has been in any country, ever.  Only the bible would declare thoughts to be illegal
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 03:27:27 AM

....Only the bible would declare thoughts to be illegal

Hmm....

And Facebook, and Twitter, and Youtube, and ...
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 12:18:44 PM

Hmm....

You do know the difference between something being illegal... and a private company removing someone from their platform... right?

The bible says thought crimes are worthy of the death penalty... has Facebook, Twitter or YouTube employed the death penalty on anyone for thought crimes?

I'm going with the False Analogy Fallacy on this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_analogy#False_analogy
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 16, 2018, 02:53:20 PM

Hmm....

You do know the difference between something being illegal... and a private company removing someone from their platform... right?

The bible says thought crimes are worthy of the death penalty... has Facebook, Twitter or YouTube employed the death penalty on anyone for thought crimes?

I'm going with the False Analogy Fallacy on this one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_analogy#False_analogy

You do know that something becomes illegal when somebody says it is illegal, don't you? I mean, if a cop says "That's illegal," then it's illegal, right? But if you won't accept a cop, maybe a senator who gets together with other government people and say, "That's illegal," then its illegal, right?

Is it illegal if 10,000 people say, "It's legal," and 500 Congress people say, "It's illegal?"

The thing that counts is who has the power, right?

I mean, If Moloch says, "It's legal," but the rest of the people in the USA, including the whole government, say, "It's illegal," what happens if:
A. They send the cops against Moloch, but Moloch stops all the cops, and in a nice way, by simply resisting their strength and disarming them peacefully;
B. So they send the military against Moloch, but Moloch single-handedly stops the whole military in the same way he stopped the cops;
C. So all the people rise up and socially expel Moloch from every part of society, but Moloch invades all the lives of all the people in a friendly way...
Then, is it legal or illegal? Now we are talking like Moloch is a god.

Might might not make right, but might makes what exists.

If a company has the ability to kick you off their network, and they do it, it is legal, although somebody else might say it's illegal. If the government says it's illegal, but doesn't do anything about it, who cares? Essentially, in practice, it's legal.

How much more when the God of the universe allows you to be free, and allows you to badmouth Him, because He knows you are nothing, but wishes you would turn around and become something... so He continues to give you the opportunity to change, but you seem too ignorant to even understand what is going on, so you don't accept Jesus salvation, and will one day have destroyed yourself by resisting the only Thing that keeps you alive.

Cool

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 11:46:51 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

You do know that something becomes illegal when somebody says it is illegal, don't you? I mean, if a cop says "That's illegal," then it's illegal, right? But if you won't accept a cop, maybe a senator who gets together with other government people and say, "That's illegal," then its illegal, right?

Is it illegal if 10,000 people say, "It's legal," and 500 Congress people say, "It's illegal?"

That's not how it works... that's not how any of this works... where would you even get such ideas?  "somebody", "a cop", "a senator", cannot make things illegal just because they say so... we have laws... laws make things illegal

words matter... learn some

P.S. there is no law that says it is illegal to "covet your neighbor's ass", or "make graven images", or "dishonor the sabbath", or "dishonor your father and mother" or most of those 10-commandments which people like you claim are the basis for our legal system
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1467

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2018, 12:11:18 PM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

That's not how it works... that's not how any of this works... where would you even get such ideas?  "somebody", "a cop", "a senator", cannot make things illegal just because they say so... we have laws... laws make things illegal

His delusion goes like this: "Only God's laws are valid laws.  Laws written by people are not just laws and should not be obeyed (I wonder where the Muslims got their idea about the Sharia Law).  Only the Bible laws should be obeyed as they were given by God."

He omits the part that the laws in the Bible were written by people (if you can call the Bronze Age psychopaths such).  The writers of the Bible decided what to put in and what to exclude, then in 325 AD some old cardinals decided what to include in the Bible.  And there you have the finished product, created by the people for the people.

BADecker, you know why God is not updating the Bible?  It is because all the potential Bible writers are drooling, heavily medicated in their mental wards.

These days psychiatrists can identify the conditions all the would be prophets, seers have.  I bet you every US state has at least one Jesus in their mental facilities.

Sealis

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:31:34 PM

Ok, let me say something. Christianity is not a poison and neither is religion and let me explain why. Religion is a system of faith or worship, and there are hundreds of religions all over the world. In the current timeline, Christianity is one of the biggest religions all over the globe. Now let's go to what you said that Christianity is poison. I said that it is not poison because first and foremost, having a religion is not bad. It's a choice of the person himself, however, the way they spread religion is the stupidest thing I see every day. Instead of saying positive things about themselves WHILE respecting others, they bloody put down everyone else below them. Saying that their god is above all, their beliefs are the one you must follow, that you are a fucking retard if you're not a Catholic. Instead of saying Christianity is poison, let's say that the people managing the religion is poison okay? All because, they can see the posts, offending images that Catholics put up on social media and YET they don't do anything about it. It's like they're allowing those kinds of things to spread all over the globe, which really makes the image of Catholicism more on the negative. Instead of bloody preaching about how other religions suck, and how other people who don't believe in God suck, they should really start on self - reflecting and tackle on how to cleanse their believers.
Sealis

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 01:45:08 PM

That's not how it works... that's not how any of this works... where would you even get such ideas?  "somebody", "a cop", "a senator", cannot make things illegal just because they say so... we have laws... laws make things illegal

His delusion goes like this: "Only God's laws are valid laws.  Laws written by people are not just laws and should not be obeyed (I wonder where the Muslims got their idea about the Sharia Law).  Only the Bible laws should be obeyed as they were given by God."

He omits the part that the laws in the Bible were written by people (if you can call the Bronze Age psychopaths such).  The writers of the Bible decided what to put in and what to exclude, then in 325 AD some old cardinals decided what to include in the Bible.  And there you have the finished product, created by the people for the people.

BADecker, you know why God is not updating the Bible?  It is because all the potential Bible writers are drooling, heavily medicated in their mental wards.

These days psychiatrists can identify the conditions all the would be prophets, seers have.  I bet you every US state has at least one Jesus in their mental facilities.

I believe what BADecker is trying to say is not about God, but rather that might is everything. What Moloch said about how senators, the police, the cops cannot make things illegal just because they say so is I believe to be false. If what he said was true, what happened to the power of the people? In the end, the idea that Rules are dead and People are alive applies here perfectly. Say that two persons are judged together because of a crime. Would you think that the one more powerful than the other let himself be judged fairly when he himself knows he was the one at fault? We, humans, are most afraid of punishment and the loss of power, so we would try, at the very best of our power, everything to win. This leads to false evidence, bribery of the judges and other illegal things BUT do you think the judges would think this is illegal? No, most of them wouldn't. and why is that? Because of the might of that party. Might can be defined not only by the physical strength of that person but can also be his/her political influence, financial power and other things.
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 02:38:23 AM
Merited by Foxpup (2)

What Moloch said about how senators, the police, the cops cannot make things illegal just because they say so is I believe to be false.

Perhaps an example would help?

A cop could not break into my house without a warrant, and tell me that alcohol is illegal for anyone under 80 years old.  Just because a cop or senator says something, does not make it a law.  If the cop were to arrest me for such a non-crime, he would get fired and probably put in jail himself.  I would have the right to sue the city for false imprisonment.

Sure, if enough senators get together with enough members of the house of representatives, they could write a law and make it illegal.  Then it would be up to the courts to uphold or overturn the law.

I've seen polls showing 94% of Americans want medical marijuana to be legal... does that make it legal?  Unfortunately, no... our government does not care what the citizens want to be legal or illegal

The point is, nothing is legal or illegal just because someone says it is... that's not how our legal system works... a city, state, or federal government can write a law to make something legal or illegal

Sealis

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:47:13 AM

What Moloch said about how senators, the police, the cops cannot make things illegal just because they say so is I believe to be false.

A cop could not break into my house without a warrant, and tell me that alcohol is illegal for anyone under 80 years old.  Just because a cop or senator says something, does not make it a law.  If the cop were to arrest me for such a non-crime, he would get fired and probably put in jail himself.  I would have the right to sue the city for false imprisonment.

Sure, if enough senators get together with enough members of the house of representatives, they could write a law and make it illegal.  Then it would be up to the courts to uphold or overturn the law.

Your viewing this from the perspective that everything works in a proper way. Look at the idea of Marijuana. It's Illegal, and the government can say all they want that they are trying to prevent the circulation of it, and yet it's still there. Why? Because in some way or another, Officials help its circulation for their own benefits. And what better way to do it than using their power right? Just like what I said, Rules are dead and people are alive. Some people just take advantage of the rules since they can bend it to a certain extent without being punished. Doesn't this make it look that what is Illegal can be Legal?
Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 11:56:22 AM

Your viewing this from the perspective that everything works in a proper way. Look at the idea of Marijuana. It's Illegal, and the government can say all they want that they are trying to prevent the circulation of it, and yet it's still there. Why? Because in some way or another, Officials help its circulation for their own benefits. And what better way to do it than using their power right? Just like what I said, Rules are dead and people are alive. Some people just take advantage of the rules since they can bend it to a certain extent without being punished. Doesn't this make it look that what is Illegal can be Legal?

I'm simply talking about the law, and what is legal or illegal.

If you want to talk about those in power being above the law, that is a completely different topic.  The fact that some people break laws and don't get punished has no bearing on whether the crime they committed was legal or illegal.

This argument started over BADLogic claiming things are illegal because a person says so... this is simply not the case... period... full stop.. end of story
I Like Bitcoin
Copper Member

Activity: 448
Merit: 14

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:07:33 PM

To believe or not to believe is the choice of the person himself. I personally like the quote, Blaise Pascal:
Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.
"If there is no God, and I believe in Him, I do not lose anything. But if God exists, and I do not believe in Him, I lose everything."

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 18, 2018, 12:29:42 PM
Merited by Flying Hellfish (5), Foxpup (3)

To believe or not to believe is the choice of the person himself. I personally like the quote, Blaise Pascal:
Let us weigh the gain and the loss in wagering that God is. Let us estimate these two chances. If you gain, you gain all; if you lose, you lose nothing.
"If there is no God, and I believe in Him, I do not lose anything. But if God exists, and I do not believe in Him, I lose everything."

Pascal's wager has problems of it's own... for example, which God are you referring to?

If I believe in the Christian God, I cannot believe in the Hindu god(s)... If I believe in the Muslim God, I cannot believe in the Norse gods...

I suppose you could turn the proposition around... Figure out which religion has the worst version of hell to be afraid of... and join that religion

I'd like to think that if a god exists, he would appreciate me not believing in things without evidence.  God would appreciate me not blindly following the first religion that crossed my path.

I can't even imagine a god that would care more about what you *believe* rather than what you *do* (and if it was true, I would definitely NOT worship such a god)
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 05:47:31 PM

Pascal's wager has problems of it's own... for example, which God are you referring to?

If I believe in the Christian God, I cannot believe in the Hindu god(s)... If I believe in the Muslim God, I cannot believe in the Norse gods...

I suppose you could turn the proposition around... Figure out which religion has the worst version of hell to be afraid of... and join that religion

I'd like to think that if a god exists, he would appreciate me not believing in things without evidence.  God would appreciate me not blindly following the first religion that crossed my path.

I can't even imagine a god that would care more about what you *believe* rather than what you *do* (and if it was true, I would definitely NOT worship such a god)

The God of the universe is the only God. There are two categories regarding gods:
1. Different descriptions of the One God, thereby making it look like there are more than One;
2. Completely false descriptions, which do not pertain to any god.

Know the God of the universe exists, and then find the religion that describes Him best.

When you care about what you believe, you do it. If you don't (or at least don't try) then you don't really believe it.

Some of your thinking is right in line with what the God of the universe wants. Why is it this way? Because He placed it in you. You simply dug it out of the depths of your soul.

Cool

Moloch (OP)

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:17:21 PM

Nice to see BADLogic helping bump my anti-christianity thread every day... thanks brah

Brooklyn Catholic Diocese to Pay Massive Settlement in Child Sexual Abuse Cases
https://www.democracynow.org/2018/9/19/headlines/brooklyn_catholic_diocese_part_of_massive_settlement_in_child_sexual_abuse_cases

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, New York, has agreed to pay out $27.5 million to four men who were sexually abused by a religious teacher between 2003 and 2009. It is one of the largest settlements ever awarded to abuse victims within the Catholic Church.

$27.5 million to 4 men...

How much is it going to cost to pay off the other thousands of people molested by catholic priests?

Will the the Catholic church have enough money to pay everyone this much?

Why are people still giving money to Catholic pedophile priests?
engrawaz

Activity: 153
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 01:30:39 PM

I think religions in general were created to suppress the minds of simple people so that they stop coming up with stupid ideas that disgrace humanity. But religion will definitely deem smart people inefficient to develop humanity.
BADecker
Legendary

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 10:58:46 PM

Nice to see BADLogic helping bump my anti-christianity thread every day... thanks brah

Brooklyn Catholic Diocese to Pay Massive Settlement in Child Sexual Abuse Cases
https://www.democracynow.org/2018/9/19/headlines/brooklyn_catholic_diocese_part_of_massive_settlement_in_child_sexual_abuse_cases

The Roman Catholic Diocese of Brooklyn, New York, has agreed to pay out $27.5 million to four men who were sexually abused by a religious teacher between 2003 and 2009. It is one of the largest settlements ever awarded to abuse victims within the Catholic Church.

$27.5 million to 4 men...

How much is it going to cost to pay off the other thousands of people molested by catholic priests?

Will the the Catholic church have enough money to pay everyone this much?

Why are people still giving money to Catholic pedophile priests?

The Catholic Church isn't Christian. They only say that they are. You are off topic in your own topic.

Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 »
  Print  

Jump to: