Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 09:33:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Amazon mocking us? Amazon Launches ‘Amazon Coins’  (Read 1132 times)
Akka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:48:35 PM

Amazon Launches ‘Amazon Coins’ In Its First Move Into Virtual Currency, Targets Apps And Games On Kindle Fire

Amazon has just announced a new virtual currency for Kindle Fire owners to use on in-app purchases, app purchases, etc. in the Amazon Appstore.

The service will launch in May, at which point Amazon will be giving away tens of millions of dollars worth of Amazon coins to customers. Users then have the choice of paying for apps or in-app purchases with their credit cards or with Amazon coins.

Source: http://techcrunch.com/2013/02/05/amazon-to-launch-virtual-currency-amazon-coins-in-its-appstore-in-may/

This name.. grrr.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
wtfvanity

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

WTF???

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:49:43 PM

At least two other threads already about this.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141316.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=141308.0

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
ingrownpocket
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:50:03 PM

How many pre-mined coins?  Grin
Akka (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:51:29 PM

Woops, I was blind (again).

In this case, just let this thread die.

All previous versions of currency will no longer be supported as of this update
RodeoX
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147

The revolution will be monetized!

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 05:52:31 PM

Let's complain.  Grin Tonight I will ask them when they will start taking BTC. I will mention that Amazon coins are not interesting to me, but any retailer that takes bitcoin will be preferred by me.

The gospel according to Satoshi - https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
Free bitcoin in ? - Stay tuned for this years Bitcoin hunt!
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 06:30:32 PM

Pfft no one's going to be interested in buying this sort of thing, it's a scheme that pay to win games use often, only people with way more money than sense will ever buy into it and ultimately it will shut down or just be dead in the next couple of years.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 06:31:23 PM

Somehow, I missed them two, but I'll comment on this one.

Actually, this is pretty good news. It'll acclimate people away from using fiat currency to a virtual one, then they would only need to be made aware of which one in the best choice--Bitcoin.
fredi173

Activity: 52
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 08:35:36 PM

Let the governments get used to virtual coins idea...
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: