Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anybody recognize this?  (Read 3365 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:42:50 PM

Well I'll be:

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:48:12 PM

Personally, I think they're doing a great job over there at Western Governor's University. They're one of the only fully nationally and regionally accredited online colleges that offer cheap tuition and experience based credits* (terms may have changed since I last researched them).

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:50:21 PM

Personally, I think they're doing a great job over there at Western Governor's University. They're one of the only fully nationally and regionally accredited online colleges that offer cheap tuition and experience based credits* (terms may have changed since I last researched them).

they're the #1 participant in the Student Loan Bubble you know.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:54:38 PM

Oh I'm sure they love student loans (any for-profit company would), but I'm pretty sure it's Phoenix that's #1 (and already found guilty of fraud, changed names, skirted regulations, paid off senators, etc as a result). Sorry for bringing it off-topic, was this about BFL or the blog posts?

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:56:10 PM

Oh I'm sure they love student loans (any for-profit company would), but I'm pretty sure it's Phoenix that's #1 (and already found guilty of fraud, changed names, skirted regulations, paid off senators, etc as a result). Sorry for bringing it off-topic, was this about BFL or the blog posts?

who's BFL?
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 09:58:22 PM

who's BFL?

I haven't been around for a while, but I think I heard something last year about a company that made some mining equipment but then moved into the fan business because it was more profitable. Is that them?

CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:03:06 PM

who's BFL?

Butterfly Labs

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:03:20 PM

who's BFL?

I haven't been around for a while, but I think I heard something last year about a company that made some mining equipment but then moved into the fan business because it was more profitable. Is that them?

well, of course it's about them.

point being, if they are going to start advertising on Zerohedge, that means CONSTANT exposure to their readers.  

which will only be a good thing.
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:04:17 PM

who's BFL?

Butterfly Labs

really?  i thought it meant Big F*ckin Lie?  Roll Eyes  Wink
candoo

Activity: 602

Vertrau in Gott

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:05:25 PM

who's BFL?

yeah its BFL. They sell cases and fans

Einer trage des andern Last, so werdet ihr das Gesetz Christi erfüllen.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:07:18 PM

point being, if they are going to start advertising on Zerohedge, that means CONSTANT exposure to their readers.  

It might be a bit soon to say, but if BFL turns out to be a blatant scam, won't this effectively be a CONSTANT exposure of a scam attempt and thus make things worse for bitcoin?

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:07:51 PM

who's BFL?

Butterfly Labs

really?  i thought it meant Big F*ckin Lie?  Roll Eyes  Wink

actually, i'm being facetious.

i think the odds of them being a scam are close to zero.  them being in Kansas and advertising to such a large community as Zerohedge which involves all sorts of financial types with big money to litigate if necessary.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:10:19 PM

i think the odds of them being a scam are close to zero.

In what sense? Do you include the scenario that I am also a "scammer" (i.e. defaulting or being unable to deliver even with good intention)?

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:15:54 PM

In what sense? Do you include the scenario that I am also a "scammer" (i.e. defaulting or being unable to deliver even with good intention)?

i'm glad i wasn't stupid enough to have bet with you.  i'm smart enough to have assumed you wouldn't deliver. Wink
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:19:21 PM

i'm glad i wasn't stupid enough to have bet with you.  i'm smart enough to have assumed you wouldn't deliver. Wink

I believe you are smart. I just meant, do you think that it's possible BFL could be considered a scam in the sense that they have honest intentions but may not be able to deliver? That is a possibility I have not outruled yet for anything related to ASIC (including Avalon).

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:26:27 PM

I believe you are smart. I just meant, do you think that it's possible BFL could be considered a scam in the sense that they have honest intentions but may not be able to deliver? That is a possibility I have not outruled yet for anything related to ASIC (including Avalon).

i've considered that.  and it is a distinct possibility.  but i wouldn't define that as a scam.

i'd just call it a failure.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2013, 10:31:44 PM

Do you think that it's possible Tom could be considered a scammer in the sense that he had honest intentions but was not able to deliver, coupled with not communicating one iota to those of whom bitcoins are owed to?
bracek

Activity: 530

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:32:43 PM

maybe it is not so constant exposure after all ?

this could be interactive advertizing,
u follow bitcoin - they serve you mining equipment adds,

someone else could get adds about weight loss...
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:39:50 PM

how would they know you follow Bitcoin?

i just went back there and it seems to be a rotating ad shared with others.
CurbsideProphet

Activity: 672

View Profile
February 05, 2013, 10:41:08 PM

how would they know you follow Bitcoin?

i just went back there and it seems to be a rotating ad shared with others.

Cookies most likely.

Try and clear your cache/cookies/etc and browse the website in incognito mode and see if the ad still pops up.

1ProphetnvP8ju2SxxRvVvyzCtTXDgLPJV
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: