Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:43:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Question] Skrill vs Webmoney - Which is easier for trading to Bitcoin?  (Read 2592 times)
LHP (OP)

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:21:01 AM

I'm given chance to either get Skrill or Webmoney.
I want to trade this money for Bitcoin after getting it either in Skrill or Webmoney.
With which platform would I have easier time of converting it to Bitcoin? Skrill or Webmoney?
I know it's pretty hard with PayPal but what about these two?
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
DARKCHANGE

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

Legendary est. 2013

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 06:55:06 AM

Definitely Webmoney. Skrill is a reversible payment method and they often lock accounts concerning Bitcointrading.

WM is not the best payment method, better take a closer look to PM and Payeer, but they're at least not returning funds back as they like.

Rent my signature! dark@sigaint.org
rush_btc

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 07:00:57 AM

Definitely Webmoney. Skrill is a reversible payment method and they often lock accounts concerning Bitcointrading.

WM is not the best payment method, better take a closer look to PM and Payeer, but they're at least not returning funds back as they like.

Totally agreed with DARKCHANGE. If you still want to use Skrill though have in mind that  you can exchange Skrill to BTC on CEX.IO.
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 01:01:25 PM

Is any of these providers safe against credit card chargeback? Otherwise everyone could be scammed when the scammer used carding to fund the account or charges back his credit card payment.

On the other hand it would be interesting for normal users paying with it and getting scammed by not receiveing what they paid for. So Skrill, Paypal and WM would be good because the scammed buyer could charge back but PM and Payeer would be a lost cause?

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
bleachedno

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 01:11:08 PM

I think that nothing is safe against chargeback if you use your credit card, because the website can not prevent a chargeback

██████████    YoBit.net - Cryptocurrency Exchange - Over 350 coins
█████████    <<  ● $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$ - $$$   >>
██████████    <<  ● Play DICE! Win 1-5 btc just for 5 mins!  >>
DARKCHANGE

Activity: 424
Merit: 250

Legendary est. 2013

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:04:38 PM

Is any of these providers safe against credit card chargeback? Otherwise everyone could be scammed when the scammer used carding to fund the account or charges back his credit card payment.

On the other hand it would be interesting for normal users paying with it and getting scammed by not receiveing what they paid for. So Skrill, Paypal and WM would be good because the scammed buyer could charge back but PM and Payeer would be a lost cause?
WM & Payeer = Chargeback officially impossible, but in some cases, especially when the fund's origin account was hacked, they may return the money. Both are usually funded by exchangers with either cash or non-reversible payment options, so in 99% of all cases no transfer reversal happen.

PM = Chargeback impossible, even if you contact the support. They don't care at all. This is provably the most safe option to buy & sell BTC as there is really no chance for fraudsters to fund their account with stolen credit cards or bank account data, as they simply don't offer this. And the exchange providers are preventing themselves from such people by ridiculous verification processes.

Rent my signature! dark@sigaint.org
SebastianJu
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 02:36:48 PM

WM & Payeer = Chargeback officially impossible, but in some cases, especially when the fund's origin account was hacked, they may return the money. Both are usually funded by exchangers with either cash or non-reversible payment options, so in 99% of all cases no transfer reversal happen.

PM = Chargeback impossible, even if you contact the support. They don't care at all. This is provably the most safe option to buy & sell BTC as there is really no chance for fraudsters to fund their account with stolen credit cards or bank account data, as they simply don't offer this. And the exchange providers are preventing themselves from such people by ridiculous verification processes.

Thanks, I will mark your words as a suggestion when someone wants to deal with these currencies by using me as escrow. Of course only stating it as my knowledge and without guarantee, asking to check it out for himself before proceeding.

I wonder how easy it is to claim a hacked account for WM and Payeer. I mean I think many people do chargeback on paypal by using the same claim... of course only when they were prepared when sending.

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: