Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 11:06:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ETH] THΞ GREEĞ PIT - A pyramid with random and strategic elements - JOIN US!  (Read 8090 times)
Katatsuki (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 08:57:24 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2016, 05:42:09 AM by Katatsuki

Hello everyone! I bring to you THΞ GREEĞ PIT.

Tired of copy paste ponzi games? Me too. This one has gone through weeks of brainstorming and tweaking to provide a solid, enjoyable (and hopefully profitable) experience. There are many unique mechanics that differentiate it from the rest, please check the website for all the details.

Min deposit: 0.1ETH
Max deposit: 50ETH

Looking for something faster and safer (but with smaller profits)? Check out my other app: Carrot on a Ethstick

Tips:
If you rescue someone now with 20+ETH you'll get 2x rescue tokens (while 15+ people trapped).
If you do it with 40+ETH, you'll get 3x the amount (while 25+ people trapped).

Contract: 0x446d1696a5527018453cda3d67aa4c2cd189b9f6

Source Code: https://etherscan.io/address/0x446D1696a5527018453cdA3d67aa4C2cd189b9f6#code

Features:

Original mechanics w/ strategic elements
Fast payouts for easy profits (x1.1~x1.5, up to x2 with tokens)
Random bonuses & rewards (extra multiplier tokens, rescue shares)
Dynamic adjustments to keep things fast
Transparency and statistics
Nickname support
Incentives to play & replay
Designed to last
Verified source code
*Recycle function: If the contract is inactive for close to 3 months (no deposits), the owner may choose to destroy it at any time and start over. As long as people continue to play, the contract isn't going anywhere, and hopefully, by the time it dies, you'll have earnt enough ethers to not be at a loss. Don't let this functionality scare you, it's still designed to last longer than other similar contracts. I just figured I'd mention this before people start claiming I'm misleading them.

Check this post if you're interested in the way the contract works: https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/5801/thΞ-greed-pit-http-thegreedpit-com

Please keep in mind that payouts depend entirely on new users' deposits, so you have to evaluate the risk before participating. You might lose your deposit, or you might come out with a profit; it's a gamble.

JSON interface:
[{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"awaitingPayout","outputs":[{"name":"count","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":false,"inputs":[{"name":"name","type":"string"}],"name":"setNickname","outputs":[],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"nextPayoutGoal","outputs":[{"name":"finneys","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[{"name":"user","type":"address"}],"name":"userId","outputs":[{"name":"id","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"totalRescues","outputs":[{"name":"rescueCount","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"unclaimedFees","outputs":[{"name":"ethers","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"userProfits","outputs":[{"name":"profits","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"totalEntries","outputs":[{"name":"count","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"multipliers","outputs":[{"name":"BaseMultiplier","type":"uint256"},{"name":"MaxMultiplier","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"pitFee","outputs":[{"name":"feePercentage","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"totalUsers","outputs":[{"name":"users","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"heroOfThePit","outputs":[{"name":"theHero","type":"address"},{"name":"nickname","type":"string"},{"name":"peopleSaved","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[],"name":"currentBalance","outputs":[{"name":"pitBalance","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[{"name":"user","type":"address"}],"name":"userRescues","outputs":[{"name":"rescueCount","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[{"name":"Address","type":"address"}],"name":"userName","outputs":[{"name":"nickname","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[{"name":"user","type":"address"}],"name":"userTokens","outputs":[{"name":"tokens","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"constant":true,"inputs":[{"name":"index","type":"uint256"}],"name":"entryDetails","outputs":[{"name":"user","type":"address"},{"name":"nickName","type":"string"},{"name":"deposit","type":"uint256"},{"name":"payout","type":"uint256"},{"name":"tokensUsed","type":"uint256"},{"name":"info","type":"string"}],"type":"function"},{"inputs":[],"type":"constructor"},{"anonymous":false,"inputs":[{"indexed":false,"name":"who","type":"address"},{"indexed":false,"name":"deposit","type":"uint256"},{"indexed":false,"name":"payout","type":"uint256"}],"name":"Jump","type":"event"},{"anonymous":false,"inputs":[{"indexed":false,"name":"who","type":"address"},{"indexed":false,"name":"saviour","type":"address"},{"indexed":false,"name":"payout","type":"uint256"}],"name":"Rescue","type":"event"},{"anonymous":false,"inputs":[{"indexed":false,"name":"who","type":"address"}],"name":"NewHero","type":"event"}]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Rytharr

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 02:22:48 PM

Nice to see something a little more original. All the the copy & paste contracts have been getting annoying. Everything seems to be working as it should but its odd that etherscan.io isn't showing all the out going payments correctly, but on etherscan if you look at the hash for incoming transactions you can see the payments are being made.
Katatsuki (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 02:41:31 PM

Nice to see something a little more original. All the the copy & paste contracts have been getting annoying. Everything seems to be working as it should but its odd that etherscan.io isn't showing all the out going payments correctly, but on etherscan if you look at the hash for incoming transactions you can see the payments are being made.

Thanks, I've been working on this for a while, I was also sick of all the shameless copy paste going on, not to mention the scams.

I just noticed that the outgoing transactions aren't showing on etherscan, too. I don't know why, but I've already received payments and some people are going in hard and reinvesting, so it seems to be working well. I made sure to test the code plenty on my private net; only had a couple issues before the official release because of some last minute changes, but I discarded the broken contracts Smiley

Rytharr

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 09:00:25 PM

Yep all is working great so far. I like the idea with the tokens where the more peoplle you payment paysout then the more you can get back. Don't forget to change to the new url for the dapps pages.
Katatsuki (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 10:01:04 PM

Yep all is working great so far. I like the idea with the tokens where the more peoplle you payment paysout then the more you can get back. Don't forget to change to the new url for the dapps pages.
Yeah, I emailed the guy about the link on the dapp directory, but he's taking a while to fix it. I expect many new players once that link is fixed. I'm trying to promote it in other places, too. Here's a quite detailed post I made about the way the game works, for those who are confused or reluctant to join:

https://forum.ethereum.org/discussion/5801/thΞ-greed-pit-http-thegreedpit-com

It has been a quite crazy day, if many people gather up the courage join us the results could be outstanding. More players means faster profits and lower risk.

tubbyjr

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:12:46 PM

You might wish to know that "Rubixi" is spreading rumours that this is "my" game and your account Katatsuki is actually me.

Have a look here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374928.msg14346536#msg14346536

I wish you the best of luck with this game, and just want you to see what's going on when somebody asks you if your tubbyjr. There's crazy people in this world, and Rubixi is one of them. He must believe in reptilians as well.
Katatsuki (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2016, 11:34:14 PM

You might wish to know that "Rubixi" is spreading rumours that this is "my" game and your account Katatsuki is actually me.

Have a look here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1374928.msg14346536#msg14346536

I wish you the best of luck with this game, and just want you to see what's going on when somebody asks you if your tubbyjr. There's crazy people in this world, and Rubixi is one of them. He must believe in reptilians as well.
The same rubixi that copy pasted someone else's code while denying it? Smiley Funny, before I got to the reptilians part I was already telling myself "oh god, the conspiracy theories are starting", because I just came back from another forum where a very bitter guy is hating on people because he's convinced that all the pyramid contracts are made and promoted by the same small group of people, with dozens of different identities each.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up and nice wishes. This is a project that I've been working on for the past few weeks and now that it's live many people are suspecting it or simply don't have any ethers left to play with because of the recent flood of crappy apps and scams. I could've just copy pasted some code like many others have done and made a fast profit, but I wanted to challenge myself and make something somewhat original.

I wish I had learnt about Ethereum just 1 month earlier, at least my app would've received more appreciation. I can't blame people, though. Every day there's some new shady contract with stolen code that's just there to make the owner some fast profit. I designed the pit with the users in mind, because I like playing too, and it's no fun when you have your money stuck with little to no chance of getting it back. I hope people will give it a chance, it's much more fun if we can all win (even if in the end someone, someday, is gonna get screwed over, such is the nature of this kind of app... if only it could last forever~).

tubbyjr

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 28, 2016, 11:41:52 PM

Yes, good on you for making something original. Basically every recent contract that has come out, people have thought is connected to me somehow, like yours, and like governmental. I am working on other projects, but none of them are ponzie's/pyramids. Your game is interesting as I said, it takes time for the deposits to start coming in and trust be established. Another reason why deposits are slow, is due to the actual rise in ETH value, a lot of people that were freely using their ETH, are now hoarding/keeping them on exchanges. Don't let this discourage you from development though Smiley, once the hoarders get weak hands, that's when people who bought ETH to interact with contracts will start bringing the ecosystem to its full use.
askolein

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2016, 03:43:06 PM

Everything looks Ok in the code, in term of scam, there is none, this is clear.

The game looks original and interesting ! And that's a good point for a pyramid Dapp. I've tested it and i can say it is working.
The 50 Ether limit is good, the pit is never too saturated, it will last at least several weeks !

Good idea for Saviors Tokens, it make people want to reinvest because it rewards you after the first jump, i think this is THE idea that will make this Dapp last.
The website however could be more simple to understand.

So i won't miss the first week, this is sure there is some fun and profit to make!

Good game to all Smiley
Katatsuki (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2016, 08:35:18 PM

Everything looks Ok in the code, in term of scam, there is none, this is clear.

The game looks original and interesting ! And that's a good point for a pyramid Dapp. I've tested it and i can say it is working.
The 50 Ether limit is good, the pit is never too saturated, it will last at least several weeks !

Good idea for Saviors Tokens, it make people want to reinvest because it rewards you after the first jump, i think this is THE idea that will make this Dapp last.
The website however could be more simple to understand.

So i won't miss the first week, this is sure there is some fun and profit to make!

Good game to all Smiley

Glad you like it. What part of the website is confusing? And how can I make it better? Feedback is always appreciated Smiley

askolein

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 11:30:24 AM

You should explain more about payouts.

And guys, make the pit live some more, only 3 days and no one is interested in such adventure?
Katatsuki (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2016, 04:01:21 PM

You should explain more about payouts.

And guys, make the pit live some more, only 3 days and no one is interested in such adventure?
I'll add another tab to the website with more detailed stuff soon, but I thought the FAQ was clear enough.

Anyway, in the coming weeks I'm going to add some interesting functionality to the website that will hopefully attract more people. The promo image on this thread is finally showing (I didn't have enough activity before), so that should help too. Help spread the word if you can, I try to be active on forums but I don't want to spam and I'm also busy working to improve things.

If you're new don't let the "big" payout target intimidate you, we've already taken down a few of those before, and they don't get much bigger than that. More users means lower risk and faster payouts, so feel free to join. Also, if you're having doubts try to invest small amounts (I'd recommend 5-20ethers), that way we don't scare new users or people who can't afford to risk much.

The website will continue to be slow for a couple days, I still haven't moved to the new server, but expect things to be smoother soon Wink

Rytharr

View Profile
March 31, 2016, 06:45:16 PM

If you're new don't let the "big" payout target intimidate you, we've already taken down a few of those before, and they don't get much bigger than that. More users means lower risk and faster payouts, so feel free to join. Also, if you're having doubts try to invest small amounts (I'd recommend 5-20ethers), that way we don't scare new users or people who can't afford to risk much.

Yeah looks like there is the one 70ish eth payout then a bunch of little ones to follow.
Katatsuki (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 10:36:20 AM

As a promotion I'll be reducing the fees by 40% for the weekend, if you had been reluctant to jump in now's your best chance Smiley

As Ryth mentioned, once we reach the current payout goal things will speed up quite a bit because the following payouts are mostly small.

sydhelly

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 11:03:54 AM

This looks fun, I'll be jumping in soon in when I get my ETH back from lending on Polo.

What are the new features you'll be adding ?

askolein

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 02:26:42 PM

Yeah i believe in this pit Smiley !
Katatsuki (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 06:22:26 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2016, 08:50:28 PM by Katatsuki

This looks fun, I'll be jumping in soon in when I get my ETH back from lending on Polo.

What are the new features you'll be adding ?
I don't wanna reveal them just yet, since I don't want competitors to copy the idea (even though it's probably not possible for existing contracts to do so), and I'm also not too sure about the technical limitations I'll be facing. I'll give details when I'm half-way through implementation. I don't wanna give an ETA since I'm busy with a few things and I really suck with time estimations, but it should be soon-ish.

In other news, the promotional reduced fees will become active sometime next hour.

Edit: I'm having some serious trouble updating the fee, my wallets are bugged and they won't let me use the function, and I can't seem to get the transaction to go through with geth, either (that's what all those recent errors are). I'll report back when I figure it out.

Edit 2: Figured out the problem... my brain. Promo fee now live.

sHeRiLyN1618

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

No banking,Only Bitcoin!

View Profile
April 01, 2016, 07:47:05 PM

sounds a good investment, i could try this soon!
Katatsuki (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2016, 08:30:53 PM

Promotional fee is now live, went down from 10% to 6%.

sounds a good investment, i could try this soon!

We'll welcome you down there, make sure to bring some candles, it's quite dark.

sydhelly

Activity: 84

View Profile WWW
April 02, 2016, 09:00:08 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2016, 09:10:24 AM by sydhelly

If my understanding is right, the person that manages to free the current stuck adventurer will share his payoff, is that right ?

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: