Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 08:51:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: BFL will deliver ASIC devices before March 1st.  (Voting closed: February 25, 2013, 11:02:24 AM)
Yes, they will. - 48 (31.8%)
No, they will not. - 103 (68.2%)
Total Voters: 151

Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Vote: Do you think Butterfly Labs will deliver their ASICs this month?  (Read 4395 times)
BlackLilac Jordan (OP)

Activity: 163
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 11:02:25 AM

I'm not breaking any news when I say that there has been an endless stream of posts about Butterfly Labs, specifically in regards to whether or not they will meet their latest shipping deadline for their ASIC devices. I tried to find a general poll on the subject but came up empty, and I'm interested in getting past the usual posters and seeing what the overall consensus of forum members is.

Plus, I'm bored, and I'm trying to stay awake until Blockchain.info starts working again.

I will use the exact question being wagered on at BitBet. I'm not a miner, and haven't followed the situation closely enough to make an educated guess myself, so I will abstain.

"Butterfly Labs aka BFL will deliver ASIC Bitcoin mining devices to their customers before 1st March 2013. Devices must be in scope of +-10% of advertised performance in order to be accepted as valid."

Please vote if you have an opinion on the matter. Poll closes February 25th.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 05:47:03 PM

Some of us don't gamble. I will, however, submit a vote to a harmless poll.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Fuzzy

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 06, 2013, 06:13:30 PM

Dreams: They will deliver!  Cheesy

Reality: More delays  Undecided
crashoveride54902

Activity: 784
Merit: 504

Dream become broken often

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 01:46:07 AM

I voted no and have a bet for no too...think it's a safe bet Cheesy

Dreams of cyprto solving everything is slowly slipping away...Replaced by scams/hacks Sad
Beta-coiner1

Activity: 532

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 03:36:59 AM

I think GPU miners will be around for a long time to come.Asic is not ready for the Bitcoin scene until puts on the make-up,lol.

Rawted

Activity: 742

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 07:07:21 PM

well, i preordered a few jalapenos and a little single, so i'm hoping they deliver by March.

However, i've never witnessed a company have so many delays on a product that's for sale as BFL. There's some huge red flags being thrown up, and i honestly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't ship until summer or later.

I'm gonna go with no.
Korbman
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2013, 08:57:40 PM

Dreams: They will deliver!  Cheesy

Reality: More delays  Undecided

Precisely my thought process as well  Grin

I voted yes, solely based on maintaining optimism. Every other sign points to 'no' haha

Bicknellski

Activity: 924

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 02:03:05 PM

No.

March or April is my guestimate.

Dogie trust abuse, spam, bullying, conspiracy posts & insults to forum members. Ask the mods or admins to move Dogie's spam or off topic stalking posts to the link above.
Fiyasko
Legendary

Activity: 1428

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 02:08:31 PM

Woah!, Someone bet 500btc that they will deliver!, I smell a BFL employees bet!

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 02:17:10 PM

On BitBet? That was a while ago...I'd have more confidence if the bet was made this week or something Tongue ..not to mention there's just as much betting "no" Sad

Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 03:14:17 PM

On BitBet? That was a while ago...I'd have more confidence if the bet was made this week or something Tongue ..not to mention there's just as much betting "no" Sad
Aww i really should've checked the dates and looked at the betsofbitco.in first.
Why does bitbet have So Many bets in comparison to the latter? Is the the bet itself, Or the userbase? Im looking for the most populated betting site, and betsofbitco.in seems deserted

http://bitcoin-otc.com/viewratingdetail.php?nick=DingoRabiit&sign=ANY&type=RECV <-My Ratings
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=857670.0 GAWminers and associated things are not to be trusted, Especially the "mineral" exchange
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 03:25:23 PM

I work with China. In February everything stops because the Chinese New Year. No way they ship in February.

Fiyasko
Legendary

Okey Dokey Lokey

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 04:00:16 PM

I work with China. In February everything stops because the Chinese New Year. No way they ship in February.
So you claim, That my electric companies telephone lines will not be open due to Chinese New Year?
And that (for the lulz) the police services across the world will all go on holliday on at the same time? (not to say that they will stop, Just that they would swap to Holliday style hours and active employees)
And that my nearby Walmart will be closed for the CNY?
And that i wont beable to buy booze due to the CNY?

Only china related things are going to be affected by the CNY, Seriously you're being a total fool here.

And incase you were reffering Only to shipping, Only China related shipments are going to slowdown, seriously. Goahead and tell me that my package (HDD) from Canada(Richmond BC), through Purolator(delivery service), To an island in Canada [Victoria BC(where i live)] is going to get slown down by the CNY.
I would love to hear you explanation as to how my package is going to stop moving when the CNY occurs.
MAYBE it MIGHT slowdown because of..... Hmm.... Chinas stuff not moving? how?

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 04:34:23 PM

Quote from Josh taken from here: https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html

I have often fielded the question as to if Chinese New Year will affect our shipping. No, Chinese New Year it will not affect us. We have all of our parts needed to build the units in stock, with the exception of the chips. We have taken delivery of all of our Chinese made components at this time and they are filling up our warehouse and the assembly plant warehouse. Our fab is not located in China and our chips will be done before CNY in any event. Our packaging plant is located in California and obviously not affected by CNY, our assembly house is located in the US and thus also not affected.

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
wtfvanity

Activity: 504

WTF???

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 04:42:58 PM

So you claim, That my electric companies telephone lines will not be open due to Chinese New Year?
And that (for the lulz) the police services across the world will all go on holliday on at the same time? (not to say that they will stop, Just that they would swap to Holliday style hours and active employees)

Only china related things are going to be affected by the CNY, Seriously you're being a total fool here.

And incase you were reffering Only to shipping, Only China related shipments are going to slowdown, seriously. Goahead and tell me that my package (HDD) from Canada(Richmond BC), through Purolator(delivery service), To an island in Canada [Victoria BC(where i live)] is going to get slown down by the CNY.
I would love to hear you explanation as to how my package is going to stop moving when the CNY occurs.

Obviously, he is talking about everything in China. He lives there.

However, have you tried to buy cheap crappy shit on ebay lately? All the sellers are away for the next 2-3 weeks and have their stores in a hold mode. How the fuck am I going to get my cute owl design silicone case for my iphone 4s?

WTF!     Don't Click Here              
          .      .            .            .        .            .            .          .        .     .               .            .             .            .            .           .            .     .               .         .              .           .            .            .            .     .      .     .    .     .          .            .          .            .            .           .              .     .            .            .           .            .               .         .            .     .            .            .             .            .              .            .            .      .            .            .            .            .            .            .             .          .
Rampion
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018

View Profile
February 12, 2013, 04:58:00 PM

I'm obviously talking about everything in China. I don't believe they already have all the chips, etc. If they still need something from China, it won't be shipped before March. That's it. And it seems very strange to me that they don't assemble in China. It's way cheaper.

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
February 13, 2013, 02:38:57 AM

If BFL ever ships, this poll will evaluate to true. Because that month will be "this month" when they ship.
If they ever do ship, I will necro this thread and find an appropriate picture of a cat.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
qbits

Activity: 219

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 06:40:56 AM

imho this is someone who:
- has not preordered any asics
- is mining on GPU
- and is considering these options:

A) bfl will not deliver: in this case that someone will get their income through mining as btc price currently makes gpu mining profitable

B) bfl will deliver: in this case that someone will win a big bet

if they had preordered asics than the opposite bet would be warranted to hedge the risk of bfl folding
Korbman
Legendary

View Profile
February 14, 2013, 12:40:02 PM

if they had preordered asics than the opposite bet would be warranted to hedge the risk of bfl folding

That's not a bad idea actually. I'm curious if anyone is actually doing this..

Or it could just be a whale with many thousands of Bitcoins...then placing 500 on a bet doesn't seem so bad.

Zedster

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 15, 2013, 04:42:31 PM

Some of us don't gamble. I will, however, submit a vote to a harmless poll.

Yet I bet you have BTC.  That my friend is a gamble in itself
Pages: [1] 2 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: